• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
Years
ChucklesLucifer you are accepted! I'm just going to ignore the fireball thing, seeing how we already discussed that it wouldn't make sense as a constant spell.

@DuskLunacy: For the sake of story the students are just now arriving at Vale. It helps with the narrative I am setting up for Kristen Vale, which is that she just inherited the position of headmaster from her father. I don't want to spoil too much so I'm gonna leave it at that regarding her. Also, if you wish to have Michael sit out from the evaluation process I would like it if you discussed with me some form of repercussion. The evaluation process is meant to be an event to help the teachers know what each student can do, what they can do better, and how dangerous they are to others and themselves. So, naturally skipping this would require either a compromise or some other outcome that the headmaster would otherwise frown upon.

In light of how popular Vale seems to be getting (I never would have thought it would fill up in a week), I have decided that I will open up more slots for players, thus extending the total from twelve/12 to sixteen/16. So, I would like to take the time to say: GoldenRayquaza, you are accepted!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Can't wait for the IC to go up!
Question : will each element have its own class? Like the fire class, etc...?

Colony

Years
Well, I'm putting the finishing touches on IC post. It'll have some changes and give a base outline of day one activities. In regards to classes, yes and no. Each element will be taught, but it'll be taught to everyone even those who don't use that element. For people who don't use that element they can use it to get a better understanding of it and if they want their character to learn it this the place that will spark the learning process. For characters that do know the element that is being taught, it'll serve as a conductor to help them learn more ways to use their magic. Maybe the teacher lists a creative way to use fire or gives a better understanding of what the limits are to earth magic. Things of that nature. That's also why sparring is promoted, so players can use the stuff mentioned in class to boost their character's abilities. Granted, the change won't be night and day, but it allows proper character development on a daily basis.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
I'm mainly curious as to how the character relationships will turn out. Who will be friends, who will be enemies, who will be love interests, etc. That's probably my favorite part of RPs.

Colony

Years
Believe me, character relationships are going to be very important. That was something I really wanted to make a driving force in the RP, which is also another the reason it is set up the way it is. :D So it'll be very interesting to see things play out.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
Aren't character relationships always really important in RPs? It's just, the big thing is, you can never predict how they're going to turn out before you actually start RPing, and even then it's a little bit dicey.

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
This is going to be really fun and i liek that elements are taught to everyone cause that gives the choice to understand aplications for other elements and maybem if your char doesnt want to learn them, find ways for your own element to block or counter said element.

This RP will really put our imagination on ways to play with magic to full gear.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Aren't character relationships always really important in RPs? It's just, the big thing is, you can never predict how they're going to turn out before you actually start RPing, and even then it's a little bit dicey.

I can. I'll do some predictioning now*.

"My superpower... is glowing" × Latifa
Unloved Child × Abandoned Child
Stripper (it's in the name) × Gassy (Also known as Eats Much Fiber in Navajo.)
Mary × Medieval Ninja
Taco Bell × How's Metal Head sound?

Too many guys, so most of them are gay in this predictionation. This doesn't count as-of-yet unaccepted characters, either.

*This predictioning is not guaranteed to be correct.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I don't think Nathan will be gay. Most likely single as training will be on his mind 24/7.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
So in other words, this RP is a huuuuuuuuuge sausage-fest.

I'm trying not to make so many female characters, but of course this is the turnout for the RP I make a male one in.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2020
It's gonna be so great if one of them actually came true. And Aris might be considering it, as her powers did surface due to a not-confession.

EDIT: Also, please note how two of the guys are womanizing. Yup.

Colony

Years
I don't think that's the best way to look at it. A better way is that it's a breeding ground for reverse harems. Disregard that... But I'm with JNathan on the won't be gay thing. I did, however, think it was very funny to see some of the alternate names.

@Ziposaki: I suppose your right about that. They are usually important to the Roleplay's survivability, but the unpredictability is actual one of the things that I plan on using as a type of literary device. So, it'll be critical in many facets of the story, and if everything goes well this'll be an RP that uses characters to drive the story more so than some pre-constructed plot (which as you mentioned can become dicey before the RP even starts). I guess the best way to describe it would be "guided sandbox experience." Though, that's a fair ways off, and I would really like for everyone to get a bit of development in before any really significant plot introductions (maybe 1 or 2 IC days).

After seeing the advancements of Khawill's character, I have gone ahead and included Kayla Wash in the random drawings (mostly because Michael and Flit are unable to participate for various reasons). I also went ahead and did the random drawing (excluding Shion vs Indigo) so everyone could go ahead and start thinking up ideas for how they could handle the matches. The results are:

Match #1: Jason Barrett vs Crystal Nightwish
Match #2: Shion Igna vs Indigo Rogers
Match #3: Maristella Reilly vs Nicholas Skye
Match #4: Nathan Steele vs Kayla Wash

These matches should be very interesting, and if for some reason Khawill is unable to participate then Nathan Steele will have to face a teacher (oh, the humanity).

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Just wondering, we obviously don't have enough mastery to make a good fight with plenty of spells so will it be physical too?

Khawill

<3
Years
Name: Kayla A. Wash

Nickname: None

Element: Water

Spells: Water Aid: Kayla projects a clone of herself up to six feet in any direction. After one second she is able to switch positions instantly with that clone. The clone repeats any action she does, unless she devotes energy to manipulate it individually. The clone lasts thirty seconds, and currently she can only have one. Under water, she will create many clones, but can not accurately control where they go or which one she switches with. Water clones remain the same color as whatever the liquid it comes from, additionally, they will regenerate body parts if attacked.

Preassure: In a fight under water, this spell increases or decreases the pressure around her target. Outside of water this ability can only restrict targets that are wet. This can also be used to propel herself through water, sink or float quicker, or change the temperature of water around her. She is passively not affected by water pressure.

Kayla is able it passively breathe under water and in air. Outside of water she is much more suspectable to fatigue and suffers from asthma. Her lungs are less efficient out of water.

I don't know if it has to be said, but she can move water around (that exists at least) similar to a water bender from Avatar. The scale is usually only a gallon or two of water at a time.

Appearance:
Spoiler:
Her height is about 5"2

Personality: She is a person who enjoys the presence of others. She is charismatic and tough with a high self esteem. She enjoys participating in drama club, swim team, and plays the violin. She is very kind and approachable, though some may be afraid to approach her due to her loud and exiting nature. She can be seen as carefree and lazy in class though, and only manages to pass with an average of a B due to lack of homework.

Unfortunately she is very distant in singular relationships. Often she can't hold a relationship for longer than a few days, and she almost never lets people into her house. She is concerned with accidentally revealing her magic, though still participates in the swim team. She feels much more comfortable swimming, and knows she is safest under water.

History: Kayla was raised in Rhode Island, in a town that was known for its high test scores and a notable swim team. Kayla's parents knew fully well about her magic, her father having it himself. They taught her at a young age to suppress her magic so that she could go to school normally. They encouraged her to take up as many clubs as she could so she could fit in with multiple groups. She was naturally good at swimming without exploiting her active powers, mostly due to her passive ability to breathe and last longer under water. She picked up the violin because wind instruments were hard for her to play. She has been playing since the age of six, and is also capable of playing the piano and cello. Underwater, she can sing beautifully, but above water she becomes tired out and incapable of singing.

She was the second lead role of a play during her junior year of high school and carried her team to nationals on the swim team as well. She did so well in swimming that she was accused of cheating after she attempted to give herself a boost with magic. In order to avoid the wrong attention, admitted to using steroids. She was kicked off the swim team, and her parents pulled her out of school.

The incident did catch the attention of the institute, and they sent her a letter inviting her to their school. Her parents agreed upon admitting her, as long as she stuck with her clubs.

Code: Challenge me

For summarization
-Great Swimmer, can breathe and has great stamina under water
-Inefficient lungs for air, has asthma when not underwater
-Social
-Musician
-Actor

Last edited:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Another summarization of Kayla, for those who can't get through it all. I may also do it for others on request. :3

Spoiler:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Another summarization of Kayla, for those who can't get through it all. I may also do it for others on request. :3

Spoiler:
Looks pretty neat! Mind making one for my character as well? :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back