• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

90's Music Nostalgia!

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
I assume there is probably alot of people on this forum who would be a late 80's or very early 90's baby in order to go the distance since pokemon establishment.

I actually like the band Aqua more now then i did as a kid, They epitimize the 90's from my chidhood.

Just some of the songs off the top of my head that played a part in my childhood.

Blink 182- Josie
All Saints- Pure Shores
Shania Twain - You're still the one
Los Del Rio or Mar - Macarena
Joanne ft BZ or Redzone - Jackie
Regurgitator - Song Formely known as!
Metallica - The Unforgiven II
Tonic - If you can only see
Hanson - I will come to you
Freak Me - Another Level
Jennifer Paige - Crush
Bic Runga - Sway
Garbage - When I grow up
Lighthouse Family - High
KC & Jo Jo - All My Life
Puff Daddy - I'll be missing you
Blind Melon - No Rain
Green Day - When I come around
Blur - Song 2
Cranberries - Zombie
Seal - Kiss from a Rose
Aqua - Turn Back Time
Ace of Base - Signs
Savage Garden - I want you
Mighty Bosstones - Impression that I get
Living End - Second Solution
Fastball - The Way
The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony

There is tons of them, anyway if you still dig the 90's fire a song or band or genre out there and let's have some fun.

One of my all time favourite songs, right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEQ0l_m3Xm0 (I try - Macy Gray)

Last edited:
Years
I can't call it nostalgia since I didn't even get into primary school until the 2000's but I am a fan of a lot of music that came out in the 90's. I love grunge and of course the 90's were pretty big for it but apart from that I enjoy a lot of the rock music that came out around then and Kiss From A Rose is one of my all time favourite songs.

Sir Codin

I didn't listen to a whole lot of music of the 90's until more recently. I now prefer it to a lot of newer stuff nowadays.

Here's one of my favorites:

And another one:

Here's another thing I think of when I hear 90's:

And now for the death count:

MOAR NINDEE'S DEBIL MOOSIC!!!

Last edited:

kuzronk

Banned
Years
I have quite a few songs that I liked in the early 00's/late 90's.
Here are some
Blur - Song 2
Weezer - Island In The Sun(due to the animal video)
Oasis - Wonderwall
Garbage - Cherry Lips
Spiderbait - Calypso
Collio - Gangster Pardise
Spice Girls - Wanabe
Aqua - Lollipop/Barbie Girl/Dr Jones
Republica - Ready To Go
The Offspring - Pretty Fly/Why Don't you get a job?/Gone Away

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
I love No Brakes and The Kid's aren't alright from the Offspring. My habit was to not favour the most popular song from a band the most but one of the smaller hits. For example.

Aqua
Not a huge fan of either Doctor Jones or Barbie Girl but I really like Roses are Red (which was technically their first hit and off the OST of Baseketball :P along with My Oh My, Cartoon Heroes and Turn Back Time)

Hanson
Mmmbop didn't do a great deal for me but was more into their softer less boppier stuff like When I come to you and Weird from their Middle of Nowhere album.

Spice Girls
Prob my least favourite popular group of the 90's but again wasn't a fan of Spice up your life but I liked Goodbye.

Regurgitator
Song Formely Known As! was my favourite song was years after it came out and Black Bugs was up their as well. Polyester Girl I enjoyed but not as much as the above two.

Barenaked Ladies
Ít's all been done woo hoo hoo, It's all been DONE!!!! Before!!!!!, Prefer it over check out the chinese, the chinese chicken song.

Here's a Top 20

#20: The Offspring - No Brakes
#19: All Saints- Pure Shores
#18: The Cranberries - Zombie
#17: Faith No More - Epic
#16: Green Day - When I Come Around
#15: Five - Keep On Movin'
#14: Bruce Springsteen - Streets of Philedelphia
#13: Seal - Kiss from a Rose
#12: Warren G Ft Nate Dogg - Regulate
#11: The Offspring - The Kids Aren't Alright
#10: Aqua - Roses Are Red
#9: Backstreet Boys - As Long As You Love Me
#8: Bryan Adams Ft Mel C - When You're Gone
#7: Garbage - When I Grow Up
#6: Bryan Adams - Back to You
#5: Regurgitator - The Song Formely Known As !
#4: Shania Twiain - You're Still The One
#3: Aerosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
#2: Aqua - Turn Back Time
#1: Macy Gray - I Try

Off the top of my head. I may adjust it slightly.

Last edited:

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I didn't listen to a whole lot of music of the 90's until more recently. I now prefer it to a lot of newer stuff nowadays.

Here's one of my favorites:

And another one:

Here's another thing I think of when I hear 90's:

And now for the death count:

MOAR NINDEE'S DEBIL MOOSIC!!!
Your post is literally all that can be said of the 90s. Such great times, with black metal being on a rise and what not.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Literally the only thing coming to my head right now is Aqua! They were my childhood, I can remember so many of their songs perfectly from all the years of listening to them haha. I think the most memorable songs (aside from the obvious!) are Dr Jones and Halloween, simply due to the sheer repetitiveness of the lyrics/song structures. It's not even a bad thing though, that's the kind of music that's perfect to be repetitive and trashy. The only other band I can think of is ABBA (most notably for me the song Waterloo was a big favourite of mine), but that's more specific to my personal childhood since they weren't still around in the 90s unfortunately!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm not sure if this is as bad or worse than Ozzy's pick, but when I read the title, my mind instantly went to this:

Please don't judge me too much.

Years
For me 90's music is Pantera, In Flames... yada yada a lot of metal bands.
And on a sidenote:
Aqua(danish Group) i only remember them because their music sucked the worst (in my humble opinion) and how big they were in the rest of the world(best selling Danish band ever). it may be the single worst thing that ever happened to Danish music, my god they were bad.

last time i was in Denmark and visit my family i was actually to a 90's party and the music sucked so bad, the only crap they played was like: Aqua and Dr. Alban. it was more like a nightmare than a party :D

sorry to those of you who like Aqua, but i REALLY hate that group, it was on the radio all the time when i was a young boy in little Denmark.
I actually mostly have bad memories of popular music in the 90's

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Two of my favorite songs from the 90s are the following:

The Cranberries - Zombie

and

Nada Surf - Amateur​

Brizz

TM87
Years
I may have missed it but after reading through everyone's posts in this thread, not a single person put Smells Like Teen Spirit! Which wasn't only the song of the 90s but one of the greatest ever made.

Hip Hop was also amazing during the 90s too.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I may have missed it but after reading through everyone's posts in this thread, not a single person put Smells Like Teen Spirit! Which wasn't only the song of the 90s but one of the greatest ever made.

It's a really good song, but to be honest, it's still played on the radio fairly often and it's just been SO OVERPLAYED! Of course, I still hear Zombie on the radio every so often... I don't know, just Nirvana in general is pretty overplayed. They're good but still.

Sir Codin

I think Kurt Cobain once stated he thought "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was a crappy Pixies rip-off.

"Come As You Are", "Polly", "Lithium", "Dive", "Sliver", "In Bloom", "Breed", and "Rape Me" are all much better songs.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I think Kurt Cobain once stated he thought "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was a crappy Pixies rip-off.

"Come As You Are", "Polly", "Lithium", "Dive", "Sliver", "In Bloom", "Breed", and "Rape Me" are all much better songs.

Honestly, my favorite Nirvana song is probably Heart Shaped Box. Something about that song just calls to me, I don't know. It's just amazing.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years

This. Nirvana defines rock in the 90s along with Green Day ,Blink-182 and Foo Fighters.

As for me, my parents made em only listen to Radio Disney, so the only songs I heard in the 90s were the ones they considered clean. But there's still lot of songs that bring nostalgia for me.
Such as, here's a few that come to mind:

I'd post more but I need to get going. Haha.

Back