• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Mudkippy

♥Mudkips Rule♥
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2007
I'm still having no luck in finding a shiny mudkip. Maybe I should get a female and male mudkip and start hatching eggs.....but anyways, I'm giving up for awhile on mudkip and moving onto looking for a shiny marill. I'm also just kind of looking for whatever shiny comes my way. Any type of shiny would be nice. Well, wish me luck. Oh, and Jarachi Trainer congratz on getting the shiny rayquaza! ^^ gl to everyone else on their hunts for shinies too! ^.^

Jirachi Trainer

Training for Skill
Years
MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
I am pretty sure you will trade by putting the GBA game in the GBA Slot, and putting the DS game in the DS Slot. That is the only thing I can think of.

Brilliant though there MeleeMaster...thats probably what they will do I expect, sorta like the way they did with Collo and XD too... the guys at nintendo already have it figured look at the evidence

GBA - GC connectivity and tradin possible
Pokemon Dash can read the cardtridges and make spexcial tracks from them... precisely

So put them together and you get trading between the two by D & P readin the carts :D solved ;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2008
mudkippy, i suggest you get a female and breed until you get a male mudkip, and breed it with the female. (i know, it would be her son, bit still o.O) i should be in that shiny dex too.....i have over 30 posts

Mudkippy

♥Mudkips Rule♥
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2007
Tha Pkmn Prodigy said:
mudkippy, i suggest you get a female and breed until you get a male mudkip, and breed it with the female. (i know, it would be her son, bit still o.O) i should be in that shiny dex too.....i have over 30 posts
Yea, that's a good idea. I think I'll do that. I think I might breed a female mudkip with my male swampert...but that might not work because I tried breeding a marill and azumarill once, but they didn't like each other, so I had to evole the marill. Breeding a female or male mudkip with a ditto would also work, but unfortunately, I haven't defeated the elite four yet :( Oh well. I'll think of something.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
Official Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen Player's Guide, page 92:
" Specially Colored Pokemon:
If you travel the world of Kanto for a very, very long time, you might come across a rare, specially colored Pokemon. You'll know such a Pokemon by the shine that appears before it attacks, and by the sparkles next to it's gender in the Pokedex. The fancy Pokemon don't bestow you with bonuses--except the envy of your friends."

The examples are Oddish, Metapod, Psyduck and Magikarp.

Well, there's two things that are kinda wrong in that passage. 1st, the "shine" only appears when you toss out the Pokemon Ball and it comes out and says it's name. (Call/Cry). The "sparkles" appear on the SUMMARY screen, NOT the PokeDex. If you use the PokeDex to find out that information, well, then they are correct, but it would be the first time I've heard that the Pokedex is used for such.
"Do you have the tenacity to locate a specially colored Pokemon?" (Same page, title content)

The Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Player's Guide mentions nothing of "Shiny Pokemon". I underestimate the fact that alot of people still don't know that they exist. You'd be suprised yourself if you knew the people I talked to them about and they were like "What?". It's sad, I know. I wish I still had that one guy to talk to.Last year we made a bet to see who would catch a Shiny first. Due to school, feuds, and lost connections... he never talks to me anymore. I think he's still around, but he's just hiding from me. I can get him to come out a little by emailing him. But... last time I did he never replied. I however won the bet with my Shiny Ninetails. I told him to not give up, that if he could find one before I did once more, that I would call it even.
Which brings us to my SHC Report.

Big Suprise: I haven't found any, but at the rate I'm going... I will. I just don't know when.
From last night til today, I've SR'd the Snorlax about the upwards of... oh, say, 250 - 300. ... What? Mom had to go to the doctor this morning... so I sat out in the vehicle and done it for a long while. I might be over 300, but I'm not keeping count. I done it then til my fingers hurt. XD Then she came back out, and I took a break. Then I've done it off and on all day. So I may be over 300, but I'm not pushing it. I can usually do it twice per minute, because it takes time to get through the Title Screen, through the "Previously on your quest" (I hit B to get out of it), and then I need to wake up the thing with the PokeFlute, which takes 5 - 8 seconds. Then it attacks, then I know. Lather, rinse, repeat. But I'm starting to try to do stupid things to enhace my luck, or at least push me forward. This seems a bit more tedious compared to the Power Plant Plunder I'm doing on FR at night. I'm listening to "Change" by The Warren Brothers ("One of these days, my luck is gonna Change, they'll think I'm brilliant instead of insane"), and I even have my old Snorlax plushie out! ^_^ It's green, so I don't know if that'll give me luck or not... I need bright blue. :P Papa Smurf!

Later on Update: Now I would say 400 - 450. No Shiny Snorlax. Snorlax gives me the blues. :P

Hey, I found out that it just needs A+B+START+SELECT to Soft Reset. And it's not as hard as you would think with the DS. I took a picture on how you can do it easiest here.. You use your right hand, and use your thumb to hold in A+B and then use your first finger to input the START and SELECT buttons at the same time. Sometimes it doesn't work cuz you ain't pressin' in one of the buttons, but it works. I've done it like 300 times so I should know. :| And I'll be doing it another 300 I bet.
You should see from the pic how I have my finger and thumb. I took it this morning. Thought it might be useful for those here with DSs and hadn't figured out an easy way to do it.

-King Dedede's Sceptile

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
DDD'SSCEPTILE said:
Official Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen Player's Guide, page 92:
" Specially Colored Pokemon:
If you travel the world of Kanto for a very, very long time, you might come across a rare, specially colored Pokemon. You'll know such a Pokemon by the shine that appears before it attacks, and by the sparkles next to it's gender in the Pokedex. The fancy Pokemon don't bestow you with bonuses--except the envy of your friends."

The examples are Oddish, Metapod, Psyduck and Magikarp.

Well, there's two things that are kinda wrong in that passage. 1st, the "shine" only appears when you toss out the Pokemon Ball and it comes out and says it's name. (Call/Cry). The "sparkles" appear on the SUMMARY screen, NOT the PokeDex. If you use the PokeDex to find out that information, well, then they are correct, but it would be the first time I've heard that the Pokedex is used for such.
"Do you have the tenacity to locate a specially colored Pokemon?" (Same page, title content)

The Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire Player's Guide mentions nothing of "Shiny Pokemon". I underestimate the fact that alot of people still don't know that they exist. You'd be suprised yourself if you knew the people I talked to them about and they were like "What?". It's sad, I know. I wish I still had that one guy to talk to.Last year we made a bet to see who would catch a Shiny first. Due to school, feuds, and lost connections... he never talks to me anymore. I think he's still around, but he's just hiding from me. I can get him to come out a little by emailing him. But... last time I did he never replied. I however won the bet with my Shiny Ninetails. I told him to not give up, that if he could find one before I did once more, that I would call it even.
Which brings us to my SHC Report.

Big Suprise: I haven't found any, but at the rate I'm going... I will. I just don't know when.
From last night til today, I've SR'd the Snorlax about the upwards of... oh, say, 250 - 300. ... What? Mom had to go to the doctor this morning... so I sat out in the vehicle and done it for a long while. I might be over 300, but I'm not keeping count. I done it then til my fingers hurt. XD Then she came back out, and I took a break. Then I've done it off and on all day. So I may be over 300, but I'm not pushing it. I can usually do it twice per minute, because it takes time to get through the Title Screen, through the "Previously on your quest" (I hit B to get out of it), and then I need to wake up the thing with the PokeFlute, which takes 5 - 8 seconds. Then it attacks, then I know. Lather, rinse, repeat. But I'm starting to try to do stupid things to enhace my luck, or at least push me forward. This seems a bit more tedious compared to the Power Plant Plunder I'm doing on FR at night. I'm listening to "Change" by The Warren Brothers ("One of these days, my luck is gonna Change, they'll think I'm brilliant instead of insane"), and I even have my old Snorlax plushie out! ^_^ It's green, so I don't know if that'll give me luck or not... I need bright blue. :P Papa Smurf!

Later on Update: Now I would say 400 - 450. No Shiny Snorlax. Snorlax gives me the blues. :P

Hey, I found out that it just needs A+B+START+SELECT to Soft Reset. And it's not as hard as you would think with the DS. I took a picture on how you can do it easiest here.. You use your right hand, and use your thumb to hold in A+B and then use your first finger to input the START and SELECT buttons at the same time. Sometimes it doesn't work cuz you ain't pressin' in one of the buttons, but it works. I've done it like 300 times so I should know. :| And I'll be doing it another 300 I bet.
You should see from the pic how I have my finger and thumb. I took it this morning. Thought it might be useful for those here with DSs and hadn't figured out an easy way to do it.

-King Dedede's Sceptile

Well, I SR by using just my big thumb and pressing A, B, Start, Select, and sometimes X and Y. It works much easier, IMO.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
MeleeMaster-ShinyPokemon said:
Well, I SR by using just my big thumb and pressing A, B, Start, Select, and sometimes X and Y. It works much easier, IMO.
Really? Cause I just tried it, and it's really tricky and I couldn't get it to work. I like my version. :P

Years
haha ive got a snorlax plushie too...its small though...i vave quite a few...but for the sake of on-topic-ness i tried soft reseting all night but no luck...its only the first week and i wasnt looking for the first shiny i found...so im guessing that if i keep at it, it should only take me 4 more weeks... or somewhere in there... happy hunting

Years
i like the 1 handed DS SR im gunna try that and see if it is any easier...thx 4 the heds up king dedede's sceptile...lol on the name

Wes1234

Vesalaki and Linda obsessor!
Years
Hiya guys! I've been shiny Eevee hunting for some time now (around 400+ eggs hatched!). I did hatch a shiny Eevee on Emerald before I went on my hatching spree again (that's when I started hatching again and like I said, I'm now up to 400 eggs ever since I hatched my previous shiny Eevee). As you can tell, I evolved my shiny Eevee into Espeon (look in siggy), but the Umbreon is so far only a dream waiting to happen. Anyways, I'll shut up now and restart my hatching. I'll keep ya'll updated (duh!).

Wanted shinies:
Jolteon
Flareon
Vaporeon
Umbreon
Eevee

Owned shinies:
Espeon (nickname: Vesalaki)

Years
Pokemon Trainer Jonny said:
Still searching for Magikarp
Eggs Hatched : 102

And lucky me finally done the pokemon league but even more luckier I caught shiny Groudon
Eggs Hatched : 121
How much eggs does it usually take til you get a shiny?

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Wes1234 said:
Hiya guys! I've been shiny Eevee hunting for some time now (around 400+ eggs hatched!). I did hatch a shiny Eevee on Emerald before I went on my hatching spree again (that's when I started hatching again and like I said, I'm now up to 400 eggs ever since I hatched my previous shiny Eevee). As you can tell, I evolved my shiny Eevee into Espeon (look in siggy), but the Umbreon is so far only a dream waiting to happen. Anyways, I'll shut up now and restart my hatching. I'll keep ya'll updated (duh!).

Wanted shinies:
Jolteon
Flareon
Vaporeon
Umbreon
Eevee

Owned shinies:
Espeon (nickname: Vesalaki)

Well im guessing you want to join, so welcome to the best club at PC ^_^

Pokemon Trainer Jonny said:
Eggs Hatched : 121
How much eggs does it usually take til you get a shiny?

Could be 2, or it could be thousands. Persistance is the key so just keep at it, but if your looking for Magikarp just fish for it with an old rod, it wont take as long as waking around hatching eggs.

Well i have finished EV training Raticate so now im in the Safri Zone (Oh noes) looking for a Chansey with a lucky egg.. rather boring but i need one.. im hoping a shiny doesnt turn up for once just incase it flee's

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
The shiny hunting has been brilliant so far. anyway i gave up on Rayquaza and started wandering around random patches of grass, when i entered a battle, i went downstairs then came back up 5 mins later to find my brother playing on my DS, he said he caught me a shiny taillow. sure enougth he was telling the truth. i'll get his stats up etc. soon when my DS is charged up.

Good luck to all.

FM

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Demoonica waltzs in with a grin on her face. I FOUND:

pkfrlgsh069.png

SHINY BELSPROUT!
Time: 376:02
Route: 7
Game: Leaf Green

Nature: Lax
Level: 19

Stat (posable IV)
HP: 50 (13)
ATK: 37 (21)
DEF: 22 (12)
Sp. ATK: 35 (21)
Sp. DEF: 15 (6)
Speed: 22 (12)

Caught with a Master Ball.

Last edited:
Years
Egads! You're only 1 away from the magic 17! I've got a lot of work to do.

*redoubles efforts*
*catches up on SHC cards*
*vanishes with a smoke ball*

Back