• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

SharpAceX

Pokémon: SacredFire creator
Years
Bug report: Wild Pokemon corruption on delete

I can confirm this. I broke a couple maps in my hack doing this without knowing. Anyways, I won't need to repoint/repair anything. I keep dozens of backs up so I'll just need to find the most recent without any wild Pokemon data changes, then re-do the changes on it. :)

Last edited:

Terrac

Scrambled Egg
Years
I know this is a really noob question (i'm a real noob with hacking and tools) but how do you turn off the annoying lines in advancemap? i'm sorry if this is in the wrong place too, like i said, i'm new to hacking and to pokecommunity as well.

Hackmon

Complete Yognaut
Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2011
map connections are glitchy when I add a new map on to the left of pallet town and go right into the town then down to route 20 and when i go to route 1 suddenly im on the s.s.anne

Also can you add a feature in world map editor to not only change the data but the picture too.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
i need some advice.. i just downloaded the up-to-date version of Advance map, But the rom i have will not load up, and when looking closer it keeps asking for GBA roms,

Can i not use NDS roms such as pokemon plat???

if not is there a way i can get Tilesets i can use in AM as well as making my own Rom ????

any help and i will be grateful

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
map connections are glitchy when I add a new map on to the left of pallet town and go right into the town then down to route 20 and when i go to route 1 suddenly im on the s.s.anne

Also can you add a feature in world map editor to not only change the data but the picture too.

Your suppose to edit the connections on both maps y'know

and This is a Map editor, not a everything in one thingo.
There's other programs for such things like World Map editing.
And it's not just a simple upload the picture and It never will be.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
i need some advice.. i just downloaded the up-to-date version of Advance map, But the rom i have will not load up, and when looking closer it keeps asking for GBA roms,

i just downloaded Advance map, But the rom i have will not load up

Advance map

Can i use NDS roms?
Wat.

(That should answer your question.)

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2012
you should know this when you select Do not show name the name still does in the rom
and any way around this?

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
im sorry to ask this here, but i have spent the best part of 6-7 hours(2days in a row now) searching these forums, is there any program out there what so ever that can edit maps for pokemon DS games?

Also how can i Add tilesets to AM to use? atm im practicing on emerald but want to make the game bigger and i want to use some different tilesets can someone help me with both questions please??

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Um....look up "PPRE" -- I think that has a basic, map editor. I haven't looked at it. Plus there is one in our toolbox thread. Geez. Have you heard of the 'search' function? IT'S FRIGGIN EPIC
And again with the search function -- only this time look in the 'documents and tutorials' section. c:

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2011
did i mention that i spent 2 days looking in that search function, not my first time in a forum u knowi could of asked this 2 days ago but i searched to try and find myself, i havnt had any luck thats why i asked

sorry if it came across as i couldnt be bothered but believe me 7 hours searching for something can make u go insane

thanks anyways

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
you should know this when you select Do not show name the name still does in the rom
and any way around this?
I believe that it actually varies between ROMs. A value that does something in FireRed may do something else in Emerald. Try different values until you find the one you need.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2019
how do i get the time of day and season drop down menus to work with the actual seasons and time of day? i go to a season or time of day, then start editing the wild pokemon that appear in the area, and when i save, it saves them for all seasons and all times of day. how do i differentiate? do i need to redo my dns patch, or is this feature not fully integrated into advance map properly?

leews24

ha
Years
I'm having a problem running this...
When I first boot AM, all it says is, please select your language, and thats it,
can't do anything.

I'm using Vista, and I heard many tools werent compatible with vista....

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
I'm having a problem running this...
When I first boot AM, all it says is, please select your language, and thats it,
can't do anything.

I'm using Vista, and I heard many tools werent compatible with vista....
I don't think Vista's your issue. AMap 1.95 works fine on my 7.

What's the folder path you installed it to? I remember someone earlier in the thread saying they got errors because of the foldername they used or something.

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2013
help

hi i download advance map beata 9.5 last night and i tryed opening the programme to use it but once i double click it says loading and then says that for a little bit more but never opens. i do not know why this is i have used advance map before on my computer but this one just dosent seem to like it or whant to open. thanks in advance for any help

Orinjmate

The Orinj of the Mate
Years
One thing I noticed is that when you hover the mouse over the tool buttons at the top they have the wrong captions in the little box next to the mouse.

Also, I'm sure this must have been said many times before, but the ability to insert/view/change animated tiles within advance map would be a brilliant addition.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2019
One thing I noticed is that when you hover the mouse over the tool buttons at the top they have the wrong captions in the little box next to the mouse.
A similar mismatch exists when hovering over events on a map. The status bar is supposed to show you "[Type] [Number on map]" for the event you hover over... But Person events are shown in the status bar as "Warp0" (no space), and Warps as "Person event0". Signposts and Scripts work normally (though also with no space between the type and the digit).

SK3

Pokemon Hacking Company™ CEO
Years
I'm unable to preview how my maps look during a certain time of the day. I installed the DNS, and the little drop down menu is there but it is not changing the palettes.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
I'm unable to preview how my maps look during a certain time of the day. I installed the DNS, and the little drop down menu is there but it is not changing the palettes.

Did you try setting the time to a time close enough for the palettes to change? If you haven't, maybe that's why you can't see it. Also make sure you use a script that can set the date and month, try that and see if it works. ;)

Back