• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How about... your Guilty Pleasure Games?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
By that, I mean the video games that you really like to play, yet you don't exactly tell anyone that you play those games, for one reason or another - maybe so people will question your taste on gaming, or maybe the fact that the game in question has poor reviews, but you just love to play it anyway. So, what are your guilty pleasure games, and which one(s) are your favourite?

For example, sometimes I play Sakura Wars for the playstation 2. It's probably not the most desirable game to play in the eyes of the media, but.. I find that it's pretty fun to play, puzzle wise, and an acute forum of just.. getting to know characters like certain yayoi games.

...Another game would have to be Izuna: the Unemployed Ninja... I just, find it's humor to be quite.. entertaining at times, but it's just, urrrgh! I hate it so much sometimes, and so do a lot of people I know, but, it's... really nice to play as ninjas, ahaha...

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. It's pretty notorious, and almost everyone I know hates it with the biggest fiery passion for a video game I have ever seen. I freaking love it to pieces though, as I spent hours and hours building ridiculous vehicles.

I also liked Viva Pinata. It's a bunch drugs thrown at your eye balls since it was super colourful and extremely addictive. Pretty underrated, can't say I love this game with a straight face...

TY

Terraria, because mainly i dont think anyone in my class or my real life friends would like it xD

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 14, 2016
G-Senjou no Maou. Since it's an ecchi visual novel, people would be like, "Oh wow, I know what he's playing it for!" But no, it actually has a pretty cool story with a sweet twist. Every route gives the player a healthy dose of the feels. The main character may be the kind of guy you wanna deck in the face, but he eventually gets the courage to stand up against what's wrong at some point. Its funny scenes are funny, and its sad scenes are sad. It's also got a sweet opening, too.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Personally, I was a big fan of Hulk Hogan's Main Event, a wrestling game released by Panic Button back in 2011 for Xbox Kinect. Some people might've found it to be a little bland, but I honestly liked this game. It utilized Kinect very nicely. Every time you made some sort of a movement, the character would follow you and do the same. If you waved your arm, the character would wave his arm. If you threw a punch, he would throw a punch, too. If you executed some sort of a kicking maneuver, so would the character. The controls can become a little unresponsive when Kinect doesn't detect you, but you should easily be able to fix this issue by turning on all the lights and making the place brighter. d: The only thing that I didn't about this game, though, is the lack of multiplayer. If it allowed us to go up against other people online, then that would've been quite awesome, in my opinion!

Last edited:

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
The Sonic fandom doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that Sonic Colors is one of the most fun video games I have ever played. Course, that series in general seems to be on a bit of an upward slope after turds like Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 gave it such a bad rap, and Sonic Generations is an utter trip down memory lane for anybody that loved the classic games but lost interest after the decline.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
The Sims, okay hear me out its not because what i am playing its about how I am playing it. I make all sorts of families usually stereotypes and others. i.e. I might make a family of Asians or Greeks or whatever (if you live where I do you would understand the Wog family.) And make them the biggest oddballs I might make a gang of children who just kick bins over and I love it when I get my homie family and they ruin the date of a kid who either bullies my kids or my kids bully. I also enjoy making ridiculous houses and the children are normally evil who enjoy doing crimes whilst the parents are angelic and the best cops around.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
The Sonic fandom doesn't exactly have the greatest reputation, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that Sonic Colors is one of the most fun video games I have ever played. Course, that series in general seems to be on a bit of an upward slope after turds like Shadow The Hedgehog and Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 gave it such a bad rap, and Sonic Generations is an utter trip down memory lane for anybody that loved the classic games but lost interest after the decline.
No shame in liking Colors and Generations. They're fantastic games.

My contribution to the thread is Paper Mario Sticker Star. Loads of people give it a lot of flak for not being a true RPG or whatever, but **** it, I love it for those exact reasons. I really liked Donkey Kong: Jungle Climber and Wario: Master of Disguise too.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Pretty much any game that isn't mainstream. By mainstream I don't mean games that sold really well, I just mean the few games that are "cool" to play. Those games include Call of Duty, Halo, and Madden.

voltianqueen

WITH SEAWATER
Years
  • Age 30
  • TN
  • Seen Feb 9, 2018
I also liked Viva Pinata. It's a bunch drugs thrown at your eye balls since it was super colourful and extremely addictive. Pretty underrated, can't say I love this game with a straight face...

Viva Piñata is one of my favorite games. I've spent many, maaaaany nights playing that game, only stopping because it's not really acceptable to stay awake until 10am. Usually.

Other games I like that either got bad reviews or no one seems to know about are Amazing Island for Gamecube and Ribbit King for PS2. The first is a game by Sega that lets you create monsters by drawing them, and then you play a bunch of minigames with them, and their performance is affected by their shape, size, accessories, etc. I wish there was a bit more to do with the monsters than just minigames, but it's still really fun to draw them out and customize them and stuff.

The second is Ribbit King, which features golf, but with frogs instead of golf balls...Frolf. And it is so much fun. Different stages have different obstacles and stuff, and the characters are pretty funny as well.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Mine is the DS game of Futari ha Pretty Cure Max Heart, I like this beat-em-up game despite of it not targeted for myself, however, I was a huge fan of the show where this game comes from when I was a kid that makes me want to play it, but I'm unsure what will people think if I play this one.

TouretteUnicorn

Professionally unprofessional
Years
Resident Evil Operation: Raccoon City.

Despite bad reviews, the multi-payer was extremely fun. Being able to run around a huge map doing various task depending on the mode, all while fighting never ending onslaughts of the undead, which increased gradually over time certainly brought intense moments to the chaotic structure. My favorite mode on there personally was Hero Mode, which let you and 8 Players select and play as 8 Main Characters of the series; demoting you to a ordinary player choice once you've been killed. Gaining you lesser build than that of the heroes. The goal is to eliminate the heroes, all while again, running around a huge map finding an endless wave of the undead and pitting players against each other.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
The Okami game series. I absolutely adore these games, some of the most underrated games and one of the best series in my opinion. The story plays around a dog and Japanese culture though. I can't brag about that to my friends, because they will think it is sissy. Personally, I don't care but if I did then I would be embarrassed.

Lollypop Chainsaw. In this anime style game, I can't really talk to this game with any one else besides my friends. Most people not my age will look at me in improvement if I talk about this game with them. this game and Katherine.

Vairan

Hurr, Mah 3DS Is Blue
Years
Heroes of Might and Magic III because only people in Russia and the former Yugoslavia enjoy it :P

I like this guy. I played the ever loving hell out of this game. I still do sometimes but oh god the hours i put into the map editor.

Now to get on topic. My game i don't tell my friends about? Animal Crossing.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I used to play a ton of Skylanders when I spent the month at San Diego a few months ago. It's a really good game and I really like how you get to collect figurines just to use them in the game. So yeah, I really love that game and I have no shame.

Years
I like this guy. I played the ever loving hell out of this game. I still do sometimes but oh god the hours i put into the map editor.

Now to get on topic. My game i don't tell my friends about? Animal Crossing.

Have you gotten Armageddon's Blade? God I love Gelu and his ability to upgrade marksmen to level 4 creatures *^*

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Sonic '06 for me. Despite the bad reviews, bad gameplay, glitches, bad story, and overall just being a bad game I somehow managed to enjoy this. Well, it's not really a guilty pleasure for me since I proudly proclaim I like it... when I'm asked.

I actually bought this game twice.

Back