• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Secret Bases!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
I had totally forgotten about secret bases until you mentioned them. I always thought Generation 3 was good in terms of giving you replay value with many things to do (Emerald especially).

Years
One of many reasons why I want RSE remade, honestly. I really want to see this feature in a more contemporary gameplay. (For the record I liked the underground bases in Sinnoh as well)

It was such a fun feature and a great time killer. Getting the information of other trainers to have customized battles is just an icing on the cake.

JimRaz0r

JimRaz0r
Years
Secret bases were amazing. Mixing records with friends made it so exciting as we had a whole village in Route 115. We would also try and buy every decoration item in the game, then design the hut like a gym then battle their teams like they are leaders.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Secret Bases in RSE was really a fun feature to have... Even now when I'm playing with my phone my friends and I usually battle then decorate our secret bases like some sort of gym leader and then battle again! I always win though... besides from that I always try to buy all of the decoration items that could be found.. it's a shame that it's limited to only 16?(can't remember) decorations in a base... and I never found out how to cover the holes in my secret bases XD..

Years
I enjoyed this feature, and it was sad they never appeared again after 4th Gen. I did like trying out different locations when it came to where I wanted my Secret Base to be, but I think I enjoyed the ones inside of bushes or trees the best.

Years
The ability to make secret bases is the feature that I miss the most about the RSE games. My friends and I used to enjoy mixing our records together and spending the next hour or two trying to find each other's bases, and then battling whoever was in the base :)

My two routes of choice for secret bases were Route 111 and Route 119. When I had the mach bike, my base would be set up at the spot near by the desert, near the edge of the sand where the black belt trainer is. However I preferred the spot at Route 119 more. It's the one north of the weather institute above the waterfall and past the acro bike bridges. Because I used the mach bike more, it was definitely a chore when I had to switch to the acro every time I wanted to get to my base, but it was well worth it because of how difficult the base is to access.

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
Years
I really enjoyed this feature in both Gen.3 and 4. I don't know why they didn't use this feature on this current generation.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Secret bases were awesome. They were so addictive and they really gave you a sense of achievement if you pulled one off well. I really liked the various places you could hide it, and that one ninja boy always reminded you were it was. I remember searching for the perfect base everywhere I went, and buying dolls and mats like crazy. Gen IV was a ripoff okay, but I don't see the point of making a "Secret Base" underground. It should be somewhere above, right?

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
Years
I think mine might've been in the same space as yours, right by Fortree where the news reporters battle you. I spent a long time decorating it after I beat the game and I'd check every day for rooftop "blowout" sales and buy a ton of items. It was a fun place to "chill" and just one of those cool side features in games that added replay value before the advent of online play. I actually mixed records with one friend and we found each others' bases and battled!

Years
I changed the location of all my bases depending on my location in the fame,it was so fun,I,with 5 years old almost destroyed my GBA when I encountered that kid who tels ehere your base is.I feeled violated.

//=========================================================//
So,I have a Wish,I Wish that someone make a Hack that you is the rival(I'd maek one,but i don't know howand i can't see any tutorial because i'm from Brazil,so my english)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
Why not follow in later games? I loved to create your own database objects ye go shopping, I had fun ...

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
Secret bases were awesome! I liked to have mine on Route 119; you needed Surf and/or an Acro Bike to access it. It often rained on that route, which was a bonus. Despite that, I often chose different locations so I always forgot where my base was.

Mecheon

Flamingo Flambé
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2014
Secret Bases in R/S/E were a nice addition. I utilized this feature across Ruby & Sapphire cartridges to keep records of a prized team from each instance I restarted the adventure in Ruby. I used easy-access locations close to towns for this as it was extremely unlikely any one of my friends would use such a location for a base that is supposed to be secret.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
I had a lot of different secret bases throughout my Sapphire game; I changed around a lot but I always picked secluded ones that you have to Surf to and such because I thought that made it more "secret". :P

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I made mine near Fortree and near Mauville on the island. I really liked the secret bases and mine were pretty cool and decorated. :) Although it was a shame I could only share my base with myself, haha.

Back