• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2012
Pikachu, knock it off!

Hi, no idea if this has been addressed yet, 155 pages of "where's Squirtle!" and "Charizard won't obey me! (You don't say??)" is more than i can be bothered to sift through. Got what appears to be a bug, whereby Pikachu has stopped listening to me. As per the anime, Pikachu stopped being a moody ***** after the Ho-Oh sighting, and has been well behaved ever since. As soon as i hit the cycle bridge, however, he reverted to being a naughty little reprobate, which i'm sure didn't happen in the anime. Been putting up with it hoping it would sort itself out, especially after Pikachu's Goodbye where, codewise, you get a "new pikachu", but to no avail, even into Neon Town. Moved some of the "Bad Eggs" and "??????'s" around in the computer boxes in Fuchsia to make room my 30 Tauros, but that's the only thing i can think of that might have affected it (not sure how, but still). Thinking repatching the rom might help but any other suggestions would be primo :)

Also, if it helps to know, i patched the Rom on my pc, but i've been playing it on Gameboid for Android. Can imagine there may be compatibility issues, but i'm not techy enough to know how to sort them.

Last edited:
Years
Also, if it helps to know, i patched the Rom on my pc, but i've been playing it on Gameboid for Android. Can imagine there may be compatibility issues, but i'm not techy enough to know how to sort them.
Everyone patches the hack through PC and play it on different emulators. It doesn't matter from that. The only issue occurs either through a choice of a bad ROM or through the type of emulator itself.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2012
Everyone patches the hack through PC and play it on different emulators. It doesn't matter from that. The only issue occurs either through a choice of a bad ROM or through the type of emulator itself.

The rom was "1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba". Reckon repatching will do the trick, or is the .sav file likely to be too affected for that to be, hmhm, super effective? I don't believe i've mugged Pikachu about enough for him to have naturally decided to rebel, i'm certain it's a case of the coding for the inital canon disobedience affecting the game beyond it's perview. Don't know enough about coding to know what to check for and change myself.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2012
I having problems downloading this because my computer thinks the link is a virus. Anything you know that could help?

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2012
Where is Metapod23?

Hi, huge fan of the game and Meta has done such a great job so far and I can not wait for the next beta to be released. Anyways I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything from Meta becasue he has not updated the front page in almost 5 months. Just wondering if everything is okay

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2012
I honestly love this rom so far but I have a few questions, Can you evolve pokemon that have to be traded to evolve in this?
How far does V3.6.1 go into the storyline of the anime?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi, no idea if this has been addressed yet, 155 pages of "where's Squirtle!" and "Charizard won't obey me! (You don't say??)" is more than i can be bothered to sift through. Got what appears to be a bug, whereby Pikachu has stopped listening to me. As per the anime, Pikachu stopped being a moody ***** after the Ho-Oh sighting, and has been well behaved ever since. As soon as i hit the cycle bridge, however, he reverted to being a naughty little reprobate, which i'm sure didn't happen in the anime. Been putting up with it hoping it would sort itself out, especially after Pikachu's Goodbye where, codewise, you get a "new pikachu", but to no avail, even into Neon Town. Moved some of the "Bad Eggs" and "??????'s" around in the computer boxes in Fuchsia to make room my 30 Tauros, but that's the only thing i can think of that might have affected it (not sure how, but still). Thinking repatching the rom might help but any other suggestions would be primo :)
1) You don't get "new Pikachu" you get the same you had.
It's like Day Care.
2) For the Pikachu not obeying. Cause is currently half unknown.
It's because of ASM routine that makes Pikachu not obeying at the beggining.
But the reason why it starts again later in game even though it should be disabled is currently unknown.
That's Fire Red for you...

I having problems downloading this because my computer thinks the link is a virus. Anything you know that could help?
Uninstalling your anti-virus?
Nah, I'm joking even though your anti-virus is crappy if it thinks it's a virus.
Disable it for the time being or give the file an exception.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
I can't seem to get out SS Anne, second time I'm there, am I missing something huge?

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I have all 8 badges, I beat team rocket when they tried to break into prof oaks lab and got an invite to the new island. How do I get past the guard at viridian city? I've also talked to the surfer guy and beat his pikachu.

Pinta77

I only got to viridian city before i had to restore my ipod. I will download this again :) this is a great hack. Im very impressed!

A question for Metapod or anyone who knows. Where can I learn how to change the sprite that the player is? Just like the beggening of Ash Grey.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2012
So confused

Can anyone tell me which specific page has the most recent beta download link? I've been searching for hours for it, but the only places I can find are very untrustworthy and I have no idea where to start looking in this thread.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
A question for Metapod or anyone who knows. Where can I learn how to change the sprite that the player is? Just like the beggening of Ash Grey.
There are tutorials for it. It involves using either Tile Molester which was used for a long time or using NSE if it can do it as well...

Can anyone tell me which specific page has the most recent beta download link? I've been searching for hours for it, but the only places I can find are very untrustworthy and I have no idea where to start looking in this thread.
First.

Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2013
Hey guys, i have also some questions...

well im a bit older now and i cant remember all of the episodes because its couple of years ago that i watched them... is there i list or a guide (except the "how to play guide" on the first page) with all the events? e.g. when you have to evolve some pokemons, when not etc? because i really would love to have all of the events.
currently im at ms anne... and i just dont know when i can evolve my pokemons.

the second question, if beta 4.0 is released. i probably have to patch it new right? can i still use my old savegame then?

sorry if my english is bad.

greets!

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2013
I've maxed out both my Kadabra and Haunter's happiness, yet they both refuse to evolve, I've tried both day and night for both of them... Is there some sort of thing I have to do first?

Years
Hey guys, i have also some questions...

well im a bit older now and i cant remember all of the episodes because its couple of years ago that i watched them... is there i list or a guide (except the "how to play guide" on the first page) with all the events? e.g. when you have to evolve some pokemons, when not etc? because i really would love to have all of the events.
currently im at ms anne... and i just dont know when i can evolve my pokemons.

the second question, if beta 4.0 is released. i probably have to patch it new right? can i still use my old savegame then?

sorry if my english is bad.

greets!
The game basically follows the anime so you are advised not to evolve any of your poke not even charmander becaude once it is evolved it will not obey you again due to anime... But on the other hand its upto you whether you evolve your team or not... All the episodes upto Kanto region as well as the league has been done and you could see the list on the first page...
For you other question you can play your old save file when a new beta is released

Back