• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I've recent'y drafted a completely original RP (although I will admit the style of characters etc was based loosely on Final Fantasy) and I wanted to both make sure you can make RPs like this on here and gauge interest.

Basically you can play either as an oppressed Gladiator who competes for the entertainment of the people or you can play as a member of the military loyal to the royal family. The story is fairly lose giving a lot of freedom to RPers although major story events exploring both this tension and the tension between nations will occur. It is a little more detailed then that but that is a brief synopsis of the story.

What do you guys think? Is this kind of RP even allowed? PM me if you want more info.
Pretty much any RP is allowed here, excluding any X-rated themes.

As for that idea, personally, I think there should be a little more emphasis on the story, but that's just me.

In other news, I think I'll accept a few more sign-ups on the Zelda RP.

Years
I don't think I aid it right, there is a prevailing and important story, it's just that it comes in pieces and between those pieces you have the freedom to do pretty much anything that won't mess around with the storyline too much.

If I send you my draft could you maybe help me make it more appealing?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Yes, original roleplays are very much welcome, just as any franchise that has at least some followers here. It's a good thing to ask in this thread first, to gauge some interest pre-release.

As such, I've mashed together some old VR ideas, discarded the SAO angle on the whole thing and come up with what's in the spoiler below. And this would allow more character interaction and more freedom than my other RP Checkmate does, where I'm pretty much narrating everything as the GM :p

Spoiler:

Is there someone who thinks they would consider joining such a RP?

Last edited:

Xlugon Pyro

Dragon Tamer
Years
If there's any interest in a One Piece themed RP, I've been working on one for awhile.

The plot I had in mind would be the assembly of a pirate crew where players would take up a role as one of the critical positions in the crew with characters of varied backgrounds. It would take place 90 years after the death of Gold Roger but in a slightly alternate timeline, so the existence of certain prominent people would be nonexistent and the events that occurred during the anime and manga were very different or didn't happen at all. Since the destruction of various renowned pirates of the past, the World Government expanded its control of the world and has a greater influence on the seas, namely the Grand Line.

Players would band together for a variety of reasons, all with the collective goal of breaking into the Grand Line and traversing the Gauntlet of Liberty, another name for the Grand Line in order to pursue the crew's dreams and one particular goal in particular that is revealed early in the RP when the crew is coming together.

I plan for it to be somewhat sandbox-ish, with the crew encountering various events that involve the crew's goals and obstacles that could prevent the crew from continuing their journey, but I do have a progression path in mind after the crew forms at the first setting.

If this interests anyone, let me know. The RP itself is almost complete and I should be posting it soon.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Speaking of plots, I've been tweaking my own RP in the works myself. I just watched Summer Wars and LOVED IT, I've been reading a lot of Ao Ex and playing heaps of Persona so...

I'M JUST CRAZY.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
So no thoughts at all on my RP xD back to the drawing board, then.

I've recent'y drafted a completely original RP (although I will admit the style of characters etc was based loosely on Final Fantasy) and I wanted to both make sure you can make RPs like this on here and gauge interest.

Basically you can play either as an oppressed Gladiator who competes for the entertainment of the people or you can play as a member of the military loyal to the royal family. The story is fairly lose giving a lot of freedom to RPers although major story events exploring both this tension and the tension between nations will occur. It is a little more detailed then that but that is a brief synopsis of the story.
Sounds like it could be an interesting RP if you have a well thought out story and maybe explain a bit about the world and culture we'd be playing in.

If there's any interest in a One Piece themed RP, I've been working on one for awhile.

The plot I had in mind would be the assembly of a pirate crew where players would take up a role as one of the critical positions in the crew with characters of varied backgrounds. It would take place 90 years after the death of Gold Roger but in a slightly alternate timeline, so the existence of certain prominent people would be nonexistent and the events that occurred during the anime and manga were very different or didn't happen at all. Since the destruction of various renowned pirates of the past, the World Government expanded its control of the world and has a greater influence on the seas, namely the Grand Line.

Players would band together for a variety of reasons, all with the collective goal of breaking into the Grand Line and traversing the Gauntlet of Liberty, another name for the Grand Line in order to pursue the crew's dreams and one particular goal in particular that is revealed early in the RP when the crew is coming together.

I plan for it to be somewhat sandbox-ish, with the crew encountering various events that involve the crew's goals and obstacles that could prevent the crew from continuing their journey, but I do have a progression path in mind after the crew forms at the first setting.

If this interests anyone, let me know. The RP itself is almost complete and I should be posting it soon.
I haven't read much One Piece, but pirate RPs always sound fun, if they are orchestrated in a good way.

Speaking of plots, I've been tweaking my own RP in the works myself. I just watched Summer Wars and LOVED IT, I've been reading a lot of Ao Ex and playing heaps of Persona so...

I'M JUST CRAZY.
You're not crazy, you're totally right. I watched the Digimon movie before I saw Summer Wars though, so I couldn't help feeling like it was a copy of that :p Then I found out that the same person who did the Digimon movie made Summer Wars, and it all made sense xD It's a really cool movie, methinks.

HEY, HEY SKYMIN.

Just wanted to say, I love you babe, you are liek teh sexiest person alive!

Love from your hausbando.

PS. I don't like Daniel, he's ugly. XD

zsafl d;gh;lgj j
I can't help having a feeling that you guys are in a skype convo atm.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
So no thoughts at all on my RP xD back to the drawing board, then.
I don't know a lot about homestuck except that i helped kickstart that game and i basically got to the part where... meteors? not very far. ):

You're not crazy, you're totally right. I watched the Digimon movie before I saw Summer Wars though, so I couldn't help feeling like it was a copy of that :p Then I found out that the same person who did the Digimon movie made Summer Wars, and it all made sense xD It's a really cool movie, methinks.
I love the whole online/offline personas of people so I'm trying to create something unique without feeling like I'm just copying SwiftSign's SAO plot ): ): ):

I can't help having a feeling that you guys are in a skype convo atm.
I can't help having a feeling that he may be drunk.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I don't know a lot about homestuck except that i helped kickstart that game and i basically got to the part where... meteors? not very far. ):
asdjaslkdjla ok I get it, I shouldn't say that it's based on Homestuck because everyone who has never read it just flees then instead of giving the RP a chance >.< You don't at all have to have read it, I would take away the crazily strange terminology and just leave the concept of jumping into a game, becoming a superhero and creating a new universe, which is an awesome concept if you ask me.

I love the whole online/offline personas of people so I'm trying to create something unique without feeling like I'm just copying SwiftSign's SAO plot ): ): ):
Hmm. Maybe you can do it more like SAO's second season. They aren't stuck in the game there and thus go about their lives in the real world as well. It could be interesting, maybe leading to misunderstandings and whatnot?

I can't help having a feeling that he may be drunk.
awesome

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022

You had me at One Piece. Make, and I will most likely join. (If I have time. Which I guess I do.)

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
asdjaslkdjla ok I get it, I shouldn't say that it's based on Homestuck because everyone who has never read it just flees then instead of giving the RP a chance >.< You don't at all have to have read it, I would take away the crazily strange terminology and just leave the concept of jumping into a game, becoming a superhero and creating a new universe, which is an awesome concept if you ask me.
Oh. Now you say that THAT SOUNDS PRETTY COOL! Ill give it a read when I get home from work today (woke up at 9, have to be at work at 10 dash dash dash)

Hmm. Maybe you can do it more like SAO's second season. They aren't stuck in the game there and thus go about their lives in the real world as well. It could be interesting, maybe leading to misunderstandings and whatnot?
That's what I'm kind of doing so far

Years
This is a direct quote from the draft I have done of the RP I mentioned, I thought maybe if explained the gameplay a little bit more you could perhaps help me out a bit more suggestion-wise

In between major storyline events or minor objectives directed towards your character you will mostly have the freedom to do whatever you wish. Minor objectives unless directed at your character will not HAVE to be completed by all characters however major events in the storyline will need to be followed through by everyone they concern.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
This is a direct quote from the draft I have done of the RP I mentioned, I thought maybe if explained the gameplay a little bit more you could perhaps help me out a bit more suggestion-wise

If it's a RP focusing on building relationships between characters in an ancient roman/greek/something setting, then I think it sounds nice ^^ Sounds like how most RPs work, to me. The thing for you to do is probably to make the setting and premise feel alive and interesting enough to lure players to join. Maybe don't give all of the story away in the intro, but save some for the players to discover later. Naturally :3

OrangeNess

Layton Lover
Years
I just looked at my Prof. Layton RP, and it was awful. I was tired when I wrote it! So now, I've been working on a Pokemon Mystrey RP set in Sinnoh. How many people would be interested in that?

Years
If it's a RP focusing on building relationships between characters in an ancient roman/greek/something setting, then I think it sounds nice ^^ Sounds like how most RPs work, to me. The thing for you to do is probably to make the setting and premise feel alive and interesting enough to lure players to join. Maybe don't give all of the story away in the intro, but save some for the players to discover later. Naturally :3

The setting has a lot of similarities to that I suppose, but it is also more technologically advanced with some things we are not even capable of... sort of like what if the roman empire stole passive technology from 2500 years from now. It is similar to the way FFX is done in that most combat etc is still done with archaic weaponry whilst other things are using very impressive machinery. Sorry but I don't want to give to much away in here haha

That's kind of how I thought it should be done, by giving away the plot bit by bit as the game progresses. Thanks for all of your help :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
The setting has a lot of similarities to that I suppose, but it is also more technologically advanced with some things we are not even capable of... sort of like what if the roman empire stole passive technology from 2500 years from now. It is similar to the way FFX is done in that most combat etc is still done with archaic weaponry whilst other things are using very impressive machinery. Sorry but I don't want to give to much away in here haha

That's kind of how I thought it should be done, by giving away the plot bit by bit as the game progresses. Thanks for all of your help :)
Oh! I was actually thinking of suggesting that you'd implement some cool technology or something xD Now this certainly sounds even more fun. Np ^^

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Hey everybody....I'm back. Apologies about my absence....I was goin through some stuff....

Don't worry, life happens to all of us in some way at some point.

Maybe you should update the list of RPs in your signature? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back