• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Starters rarely last in their first stage past the first gym. So really this whole poll is moot because we're deciding on something that's going to last about an hour or so in-game time.

It's not necessarily unnecessary because it does help you decide what you want to start with at times. I mean no matter how awesome how the last Pokemon in the evolution line is, if the actual starter is ugly then I don't think it's something you'd necessarily want to start exploring the region with. :x

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Chespinney's, of course! He's the first grass starter based on a mammal, and I always pick the grass starter, so obviously him.

Fennekin does look cool though. Fennecs are epic.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I've been hearing a lot of comparisons relating Chespin to Oshawott, but I really don't see it either. Maybe I'm jsut missing something? Oshawott is supposed to be some kind of otter, while Chespin, iirc, is some sort of chipmunk of some sort, so I can't really possibly see how the two can be related...o.o
I thought Chespin was supposed to be a hedgehog.

I think that even if Chespin evolves into something I don't like, I'd still pick him.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Remove chespin's cap n u will get oshawott... Also, their eyes luks similar and cute as a child..

idk, Oshawott actually LOOKS like a type of Otter. Whereas Chespin... looks like it's meant to. ;x

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't see the similarity between those two...I think Victini and Sylveon look more alike than Chespin and Oshawott do...and even than Vic and Syl don't look that much alike after one get's past the eyes.

Username_9138

Well, in regards to Chespin and Oshawott, I think it's mostly the vibe they carry. They're both the cute, awkward, red-nosed, small-sized mammals. It's the innocent, charming aura they have. If anyone gets what I'm saying~

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2022
Either Chespin or Fennekin, though I voted for Fennekin. Grass types usually have sucked since G III (Chespin should have been the third gen starter and Treecko this one.] though I loved Turtwig's evolution Dodaitoise.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Starter evolutions can be discussed in the Starter Discussion thread. Off you go!

Those are some pretty neat evolutions concepts though. The first set of evolutions I saw a while ago and I've been quite a fan of it ever since. It's certainly one of the better evolutions designs anyway.

...but my gosh, what happened to Froakie's evolutions under the fifth spoiler. I really hope Froakie's real evolutions don't look anything so large and oogly. D:

Years
I hope that Chespin and it's line get a good moveset as the grass starters seem to get some of the worst movepools (Meganium and Serperior for example) out of the starters.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Like a lot of other people I'd choose Fennekin. I've been choosing fire types as starters since emerald and I don't plan on choosing the other types cause Fennekin looks badass :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Chespin also has good potential for moves. In fact I see one of its exclusive moves being something to do with cracking nuts tbh.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
If I could choose right now, I'd go with Froakie. I don't normally like frog Pokémon, but it looks so much cooler than the grass type. Fennekin is so overrated ;)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Something comes to mind there. What if the starters final lines evolved via Water Stone, Fire Stone, Leaf Stone, etc? I mean it's unlikely but I think that'd fit in with a possible DNA theme.

Years
That'll be interesting... it could potentially mean getting the final evolutions early or late depending on where one gets the stone, and if they didn't already use it on another...
Speaking about it I wonder what levels they'll evolve...I'm sort of hoping they push up the level of evolution this time for both evolution stages like they evolve into their second stage at lv. 20 or 21, and third stage at lv. 40.

I see Chespin becoming a speedy version of Torterra.

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
I'm not a big fan of Fennekin. I've never really liked fire types. When I played my first pokemon game, I liked Treecko the best and, since then, I've always chosen the grass starter. Grass became my favorite type. Since Fire is my always rivals pokemon, I started disliking them.

Speaking of rivals always having the type that's good against yours, wouldn't it be nice if the rival's pokemon was randomly decided after you picked yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back