• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Take a step onto the luxury liner!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So in most games we've seen a boat we can travel in for short distances, sometimes aesthetic, sometimes for a good reason. It was made more appealing in Unova, however had less of a use than the boat did in Johto, for example. Do you think we'll see a boat like this again? With the new 3D capabilities, do you think they'll go all out and see it better than ever before? Or do you think they'll change how the appearance inside is, to be rid of the cabin idea and just have an open deck or something where you battle trainers in the open set to a real-time clock limit? Share your thoughts!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I hope they do something similar but with an airplane! Something like you can fight the people in it or look out the window. I feel like that should have happened with other games but I want it forever and ever!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Hopefully the boat has something to do. I don't remember the boat in BW at all honestly lol. :( And then the boat in DPPt just went straight to wherever you were going. Sure it might be annoying to have to go to sleep, like in RSE's boat, to make time pass, but at least there were trainers you could fight. It'd be cool if the trainers were able to be rebattled or if they rotated out (like in HGSS).

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Yeah, or we might be seeing a rail system of trains, like in Gold/Silver/Crystal. Or we might be able to fly across to an entirely new region via a plane or something. Now that would be interesting. Probably also something that would be interesting to see would be a place that changes trainers every single day, I'm pretty sure we had something like that in previous generations, but I would like to see it again. :)

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Ohhh trains and airlines are nice ideas~ I think I'd lean towards an airplane since there can be loads of more space to look out views and battle, and I've mentioned this in another topic, but maybe a side-plot where the you can stop the 'evil team' from taking control of said plane~

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I'd like a train because TRAINS. And you could totally have a murder mystery (well, you can't do murder because it's Pokemon so maybe a kidnapping mystery?) on it, too 8) Or, if we had a plane, there could be Ekans on it that the evil team let loose that you'd have to KO.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I'd like a train because TRAINS. And you could totally have a murder mystery (well, you can't do murder because it's Pokemon so maybe a kidnapping mystery?) on it, too 8) Or, if we had a plane, there could be Ekans on it that the evil team let loose that you'd have to KO.

I would totally dig a train! Walking down the train is full 3D. Yess....

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I would prefer to travel via train or plane because I think the concept of travelling to certain place via ship is getting a tad stale.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Yeah like everyone else said a train would be cool, or battling in a plane, though I think that's a tad bit too unsafe Curious xD
Pikachu used Thunderbolt!
We're all screwed. xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Well tbh this was more for if you wanted to see it, if not why not, and if so why, given that planes and such were discussed in another thread. For me I'm going to be the odd one out and want the boat back. I thought the views on The Royal Unova were amazing, and I'd love to see more of stuff like that except fully 3D. Imagine what they could do at sunset now!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'd like it if they brought back a luxury liner to battle on. They could always have trainers from different regions to battle on it, like maybe gym leaders that are on vacation. Every day it could come from a different region and carry a few important characters to battle from that region.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I can't believe no one has mentioned airship. Neo Team Plasma already introduced it to the series, so it shouldn't be considered impossible for the Pokemon games to feature to them any more.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'd like it if they brought back a luxury liner to battle on. They could always have trainers from different regions to battle on it, like maybe gym leaders that are on vacation. Every day it could come from a different region and carry a few important characters to battle from that region.

I LOVE this idea! That could also tie in to the gym leader rematches. I think that'd be a wonderful and unique way to implement them, and add in past gym leaders to it as well. :) Great idea!

Back