• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Simple Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2007
simple ouestion(s)
how do i make surf eligable for land and water riding,please give instructions.

w_rink_ly

Novice Hacker
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 23, 2024
mew183 said:
simple ouestion(s)
how do i make surf eligable for land and water riding,please give instructions.

Well, you could change the land tile attribute to water by using Elite Map, but then you wouldn't be able to walk on it - only surf.

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
darklugia1 said:
Thanks Shaneypoo17, but even after I renamed my file with no spaces in Ruby, in Scripted it read:

And I have many, many more questions, all apply to Emerald (these are very long and stupid, but I need help with them):

1. How do you create a new map without replacing a previous one?
2. How do you change the position where routes/cities connect?
3. I know something similar was asked before, but how do you change/add a new type and change its weaknesses/resistences?
4. Is it possible to create something similar to Shadow Pokemon? (that is, where no TM's or HM's can be learned, and no levels can be gained until it is 'purified')
5. Is it possible to create a script that allows you to capture a certain Pokemon form a trainer?
6. What's the script number for the events that occur inside of, and when you get off the truck?
7. How do you create a new item without replacing one?
8. Is it possible to insert a new tileset without replacing one?
9. How do you make a newly created Pokemon (??) learn more than one attack in Pokemon Amplifier?
10. Can you create a new attack without replacing a previous one?

Again, thanks for any help ;)
For your Database problem, see this thread.

1. The easiest way for you would be waiting for the new AdvanceMap version which will offer a function for that.
The harder way would be doing it by Hex-Editor.
You would have to add Map Header, Data and Footer for your new Map (together with Event data, Connections table, etc.), then make an addition to the Map Bank header in order to be able to use the map. (Repoint data if needed.)

2. AdvanceMap -> "Tools"->"Connections".

3. See a few pages back in this thread.

4. You could solve that problem by adding a "pre-evolution" to a Pokémon.
That pre-evo won't be able to learn any attacks and will be purified (evolves to the normal Pokémon) when Happy/Been given a special Item.
However it will still level up.

5. Possible yes, but only by ASM hacking. You would have to make major changes to the Trainerbattle routine.

6. Take a look at their level scripts.

7. It will be easier for you to replace an old one. Just change an unused "?????" item to what you want your new item to be.

9. No. You will have to repoint the attack data of the Pokémon with a Hex-Editor in order to add new Moves.

10. You probably will have to repoint the whole attack block in oder to add a new move.
I haven't tested it, but it would be worth a try.
Just copy the whole attack data block to empty space in your rom and add the data for your new attack by copying an existing one.
Then repoint the list and see what happens.

killspear said:
whene i click on people in elit map to see the script
i don�t see any thing in the scripted

any one can hellp me
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=61429

sleepypig said:
i would like to change the wild pokemon location in fire red, or leaf green without leaving any side effect to the rom (etc: headset disappear....)

I have been Tried ADvance Map and Elite Map(bewilder) , however neither both of them success....(i really sick with the Elitemap table or offset)

Could any pro teach a way? this have been torture me for few weeks!!!
The new AdvanceMap version will have the header bug fixed.
Your only other choice is a Hex-Editor.
The structure has been posted here.

MegaMan666 said:
I gotta problem, why Pokemon Emerald (US) doesn't work on EM 3.7 I remember that one file was needed for it , but I don't have it. Please help =]
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=47966

Darklink224 said:
Okay, so I'm making my frist hack, and the tools seem to hate me
I switch between Elitemap and Advancemap and now they dont want to work
If i get a fresh, new rom, and i load it with 1 tool, it wont work with the other one.
Whats wrong? Have these tools got a mind of their own?
Yup! You always have to be nice to them! XD
Nah j/k! =P

EliteMap seems to have problems editing a rom that has been edited with AdvanceMap before and vice versa.
However, that is supposed to be fixed in the new version which will be released soon.

Dragon_Slayer said:
heya, does any1 know how i can get mew celebi and deoxys with a emulator?
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=21545
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31644
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=31288

Shaneypoo17 said:
ok... very simple prob... in A-map... which unknown is the flag? 1st or 2nd?
For what Event type?

For Script Events:
-Flag Value: Unknown 1
-Flag Number: Unknown 2

For People Events:
-Unique flag: "No.+Status"

topiser said:
Can Anyone give me a link to a easy to use pokemon haking tool with a tutorial for it?
Here (Here)
Here
Here
They are all easy to handle if you try to understand them.
Most of them don't even require a tutorial.
Just use the help of the links I gave you and you will find what you need.

darklugia1

Pok?mon Mastermind
Years
Thanks, Scizz!
I still would like to know if it is possible to create a new tileset to use without editing an old one, though.
Also, how do you change the level of the starters? (with hex or with a tool)

P.S: Oh yeah, I re-download ScriptEd from the thread, and it still won't work!

P.P.S: In EliteMap, when trying to load a level in Emerald, the message:
Run-time error '9':
Subscript out of range
appeared, and the program shut down.

In Advance Map, when trying to load the same Emerald Rom, the message:
Access violation at address 0047C6C4 in module 'AdvanceMap.exe'. Read of address E2B20097.
appeared, and the Rom did not load.

EDIT: Nevermind about AdvanceMap, I updated my .ini. EliteMap, though, has the updated .ini, but has a different problem.

P.P.P.S: In PET, while editing Ruby/Sapphire, the Trainers were loaded with the wrong sprites, and Pokemon had wrong attacks (i.e. Brendan's lv.31 Swellow knew Acid Armor and Bounce) Anyone know how to fix this?

Is it just the Emerald rom, or something else? :(
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated :D

Last edited:

misticman

Punk with brains
Years
can't enter buildings

i was hacking sapphire when i was about to test it when i suddenly saw some bugs (pretty normal for a beginner hacker like me) but the most hatefull was i couldn't enter any building in petalburg after i built a new building what should i do i tried allot of things to get into the houses i changed the movement blocks few times and still no use.
i really don't want to start all over again.please help me.

p.s.i use advance map.

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2007
look at the pic below,can i learn how to change pallet colors to the pictuer circled in red using a hex-editor.

Shaneypoo17

Elite Hacker
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2016
yo... i wanna kno... i want this guy who stands infront of the pokecenter to disappear when flag 0800 is executed... can u tell me what box 2 put that flag in advance map?

misticman

Punk with brains
Years
1.how do you edit sapphire title screen without HEX or cyclone.
2.how to edit prof.birch's pic at the beginning.

misticman

Punk with brains
Years
well then what is the offset?
and still i wanna know my first question.
can you help me please i wanna complete the beta as soon as possible.:)

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
Years
darklugia1 said:
Thanks, Scizz!
I still would like to know if it is possible to create a new tileset to use without editing an old one, though.
Also, how do you change the level of the starters? (with hex or with a tool)

P.S: Oh yeah, I re-download ScriptEd from the thread, and it still won't work!

P.P.S: In EliteMap, when trying to load a level in Emerald, the message:

appeared, and the program shut down.

In Advance Map, when trying to load the same Emerald Rom, the message:

appeared, and the Rom did not load.

EDIT: Nevermind about AdvanceMap, I updated my .ini. EliteMap, though, has the updated .ini, but has a different problem.

P.P.P.S: In PET, while editing Ruby/Sapphire, the Trainers were loaded with the wrong sprites, and Pokemon had wrong attacks (i.e. Brendan's lv.31 Swellow knew Acid Armor and Bounce) Anyone know how to fix this?

Is it just the Emerald rom, or something else?
Any help will be GREATLY appreciated
Starters: For R/S: The level byte is hardcoded somewhere inside the Bag/Lab script.
For FR/LG see here.

For Tilesets: If there is a pointer table with pointers to each tileset which you can repoint to add a new entry, then yes.

ScriptED: I just redownloaded it from the thread and it worked fine. Make sure you replace all your files with the ones from the ZIP. (Or just extract it to it's own folder, make sure all files of the ZIP are in the same folder.)

EliteMap: Make sureyou updated your INI file with the entry from the thread in the Documents and Tutorials forum.
It works fine.

PET: For the Sprites, you have to dump the Trainer Pics again from the ROM your are editing. (It uses the pics from the last ROM you dumped them from.)
For the attacks, as the offset seems to be correct, it can't be fixed, as it is a problem within PET itself.

Icyflare said:
I was wondering, I used AdvanceMap and EliteMap on my Pokémon Emerald ROM, and now I can't run with B button on many maps. I can tell you what I did with each program:

AdvanceMap:

1. Edited maps
2. Edited tiles with block editor
3. Changed certain tilesets
4. Added events

EliteMap:

1. Added and edited events
2. Expanded and edited maps
3. Changed some music
4. ScriptEd was used to change and add scripts
5. Other small things

I'm quite sure everything I re-pointed was located to an even offset (like 2/4/6/8/A/C/E).

How can I fix this problem?
EDIT: Also, I'm having other problems like signposts giving me items called '????????' and a few other things.... It's getting on my nerves and I'm quite sure I didn't do anything myself that would corrupt my ROM... I think that my magical combination of EliteMap and AdvanceMap has finally failed me on this hack...
;_; This REALLY sucks.

I have an IPS attached of my current work on Emerald Remastered, my hack.
Patch to a CLEAN Emerald (U) ROM, if you follow.
I may continue this sooner or later, if the bugs are fixed.
The problem that you can't run on Maps anymore is the permission byte.
It set wether you can run/use the bike/can fly/etc. on a Map or not.

In EliteMap and AdvanceMap they are represented by the "Type/Typ" attribute in the Header editor.
Try changing it. (Take a look at other Maps to know which one to use.)

For the Signposts, you have most likely set it's attribute to "Hidden/Versteckt" or vice versa, if you set it to "Hidden", you turned the Signposts to a Hidden-Item, therefore it will try to give you an item, but can't as it is not set correctly.
If you changed it from "Hidden" to not hidden, you have to adjust the Script offset.

misticman said:
i was hacking sapphire when i was about to test it when i suddenly saw some bugs (pretty normal for a beginner hacker like me) but the most hatefull was i couldn't enter any building in petalburg after i built a new building what should i do i tried allot of things to get into the houses i changed the movement blocks few times and still no use.
i really don't want to start all over again.please help me.

p.s.i use advance map.
Make sure you have placed Warps on the doors, and that their Movement permission block is set to "0".

That is a reason why it is important to always make a backup before changing anything in your ROM.
That way you won't have to start all over again.

mew183 said:
look at the pic below,can i learn how to change pallet colors to the pictuer circled in red using a hex-editor.
There are several tutorials for changing pallete with a Hex-Editor.

Take a look in the Tutorial forum.

Pokepearl said:
Does someone know were i can download mario-hack
programs?
http://www.zophar.net/utilities/utilities.phtml

Shaneypoo17 said:
yo... i wanna kno... i want this guy who stands infront of the pokecenter to disappear when flag 0800 is executed... can u tell me what box 2 put that flag in advance map?
"No+Status" is the flag in person events.

misticman said:
1.how do you edit sapphire title screen without HEX or cyclone.
2.how to edit prof.birch's pic at the beginning.
1. unLZ GBA. Search for the pics, export them, edit them and import them again.
A list with numbers can be found in the Tutorial forum, together with other useful information.

2. As it is uncompressed, you have to edit it with TLP or Tile-Molester.
See this post for the offset.

Shaneypoo17 said:
what is the offset for pokemon fr overworlds in tile molester?
0035BC00

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Need a Script

Alright I've tryed and tryed and i can't get it right. Can someone give me a script where a person says one thing and then when you get a certain item says something else? If you know please tell me.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2022
I need help, not making a pallet, but this time FINDING one. I need to find the color pallet of text box Type 1 in a Pokemon Emerald version ROM. A search for the Pallet colors gotten from VBA pulls up nothing with Hex Workshop (piece of crap...). I also need help finding overworld pallets. Thanks!

EDIT: To be more specific, I need to know where the overworld pallets for Brendan, May, and the male Team Aqua Grunt are located.

Last edited:

darklugia1

Pok?mon Mastermind
Years
Yay! Thanks Scizz, everything works now! :D

Oh yeah, one more question (I always think of new ones, for some reason)
How do you delete people/warps/signs/etc. in AdvanceMap and/or EliteMap?

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2016
Problem with EliteMap

I am using the tile for the top of a cliff, you know, where the cliff ends and you can see the grass behind it. Anyway, how can I make it so the hero can walk on this tile, but not cross directly up to the grass from here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back