• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Improved Y Button aka Ready Button

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
Starting in Pokemon Black and White, a big improvement is added that you could register up to 25 functions and items (instead of just one key item in previous generations), which is ready for you to use when you press Y Button, which is known in the game as the Ready button.

What do you think about this improved feature?

Student D1

De-Wott?
Years
Well, it was a good upgrade to the feature. I was so relieved that I'm able to access many things, such as the Bike, in just two presses. I could even access my bag without closing the Dowsing Machine. It's better than the previous generations, where I can only register one key item, and the key item I mostly register is the Bike, especially Gen. III since there are many bike obstacles in the Hoenn region.

Other than that, there's nothing much I could say about it, despite wishing to retain that improved feature in X and Y.

Years
This was a neat upgrade that made accessing registered key items even faster, I always hated having to look through the bag and I like to assign several items to the register, like the Bicycle and Super Rod. This was a huge improvement over previous games, which only allowed one item to get registered.

I'm hoping this feature is retained in X and Y as well as any later games.

Years
I adore this feature, it's sooo helpful. Especially because I'm the type of person who gets off and on their bike every 10 seconds xD

Also nice for opening map ^_^

Years
This was extremely useful, since we could not only register key items, but also things like our TM case or Trainer Card. I never really used the bike in past games because of the key item limit (and because I was too lazy to go through my bag and find it), so it was really nice to have it selectable from a much smaller list that was readily available.

I try to keep my list as small as possible, and I don't think I've ever exceeded five. Off the top of my head I've got the Bicycle, Dowsing Machine, Xtransceiver, my Free Space in my bag and my party Pokemon on my ready list.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I really liked it! But I wanted to re-order everything at some point and then I kind of didn't (or couldn't??) Nevertheless I had the bike and uhhh the dowsing machine! There was something else too but I can't remember... maybe the rod? Useful fo' sure though!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I really liked this new feature.Its so easier to access items that you would use more often like the bicycle, map, dowsing machine, X-Transceiver and so on.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I actually have a lot of things registered, like the map, dowsing machine, rod, medicine pocket, habitat list and I'm pretty sure a couple more :D

Years
Very helpful feature that I found very useful. Made things so much easier since I hated digging through my bag to find things!

Back