• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hidden Mythology [T] [IC]

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
The Hidden Mythology: A Sinnoh Tale
A Pokemon Journey Roleplay || Rated [T]
OOC/ SU Thread here.

Story:
Three Pokémon there were.
Into the lakes they dove.
Deep, deep, drawing no breath.
Deeper, deeper they dove.

Five years had passed since the Team Galactic Incident wherein Cyrus failed to gain control of the lords of time and space. With the help of an unknown hero, their plans were quickly foiled, imminent war between the Pokemon and human avoided. For five years, the region has thrived again under the leadership of the Pokemon Champion Cynthia. Relations between other regions were improved, ambassadors being sent from each of them to represent their homeland. The number of trainers reached its peak and the community was growing. Sinnoh was once again the leading region in the world in terms of culture and economy, a feat admired by the other regions. Sinnoh is once again the ideal region, an image Cynthia and her Elite Four strived hard to achieve once again.

Little did they know, another prophecy is beginning to take place. The prophecy, chronicled by the great psychic Nostradamus a hundred years past, talks about the awakening of the slumbering spirits. It is heralded by a disturbance in the "very basic component of the fabric of the space-time" and signalled by "an explosion so great it will tear the world apart." The prophecy, hidden among the thousand ruins dotting the region sits undisturbed, waiting for the right moment for it to wake up.

Chapter 1: Dawn of a New Beginning
Into suffocating depths they dove.
Deeper, then deepest they alight.
From the lake floor they rise.
Bearing with them the power to make
vast lands, they rise again.

Areas Open for Exploration:

Twinleaf Town
Twinleaf.png

Available Pokemon
-none-

What you can do:
- Receive your starter from Professor Fir. Also, receive the standard trainer kit (5 Pokeballs, 1 Potion, 1 Pokedex)
- Interact with the villagers. (You may create your own NPC. Please do not include anime- and game- appearing NPCs like Dawn and Johanna.)
- Explore the town.

Note: No interaction between players must happen here.

Route 201
800px-Sinnoh_Route_201_Pt.png

Available Pokemon
Spoiler:

What you can do:
- Explore the area.
- Catch some Pokemon.
- Interact with your fellow roleplayers.
- Proceed to Sandgem Town.

Note: Lake Verity and Verity Lakefront is closed to public. Also, no NPC battles must happen.

Sandgem Town
200px-Sandgem_Town_Pt.png

Available Pokemon
-none-

What you can do:
- Explore the town.
- Meet some NPCs.
- Interact with your fellow roleplayers. Battle or talk with them.
- Proceed to Route 202.

Route 202
Sinnoh_Route_202_Pt.png

Available Pokemon:
Spoiler:

What you can do:
- Practically like Route 201, but with the additional of NPC battles.
- Jubilife is still closed to public. Make camp outside the gates of Jubilife.

This chapter will go on for at least 2 weeks or more. Until then, Jubilife city is closed. Feel free to make as many posts as you want per area. You're also free to go back to previous areas and such.

Moves Link

CHAPTER 2

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Twinleaf Town
Alex Ganston

Alex sat on the ground, staring blankly at his newly received Pokemon. "So...Turtwig. We're gonna be good buds right?" Turtwig returned the same blank look back at Alex. Turtwig? It cocked its head to side, and continued to stare. "Quit that, you're freaking me out. Professor Fir never told me that you were a weird one...I would have thought newly hatched Pokemon would be more...curious." Alex expected the Turtwig to be full of energy and jump about, but unfortunately that wasn't the case. It wasn't like Alex cared. On the contrary, Alex actually liked these kind of Pokemon, as he figured it would be more relaxing than a Pokemon who was noisy and always butting in the way of everything. "Well, I think that's enough introduction. Time to go inside your Pokeball." He pressed the button on the Pokeball and a red beam shot out, dematerializing the green creature into a form of energy retreating back into the Pokeball. Alex got up from the grass, wiping the bottoms of his pants.

"So, you're a new trainer?" A womanly voice spoke form behind Alex. He turned around, and saw a somewhat young lady, seemingly in her 20's, carrying a bunch of bags.

"Uhhh...yeah. Just went and got my Pokemon from Professor Fir." Alex replied. The lady gave a warm smile. She then approached Alex.

"Do you mind helping me with these? My house is just over there, and they are getting heavy." Alex just stared for a moment, but quickly nodded and ran up taking the bags from the women and started to follow her to her home, which in fact was not too far away.

"Should I just put them right here?" Alex said, as he gestured towards the patio right in front of the entrance to her home. The lady nodded, and gestured Alex to stay outside. She opened the door to her house, and in a jiffy came back outside with a blue fruit of sorts. "What's this?" Alex said grabbing the fruit from her hands.

"A little something for your troubles. It's an Oran Berry. I know it's not much, but it could come in handy. And Pokemon usually love it." Alex smiled and put the Berry in his bag, before giving a wave goodbye. "Thanks for your help. Oh! I didn't catch your name!" She said.

"It's Alex." He simply said as he continued to walk away from her home. The lady smiled and gave another wave, before he parted off down the dirt path towards Route 201.

~

Route 201

Upon reaching a sign which read "Route 201", Alex gave a small sigh. That took longer than I thought. I think it's time for a break. Alex grabbed a spot on the grass next to the sign and sat down, taking a sip of water form a bottle he carried around in his backpack. Suddenly, a bright light shot out of his belt, onto the ground. It was none other than Turtwig. Turtwig? It spoke. Alex let out another sigh. "I don't get why you just don't stay in your Pokeball. There's no point in travelling outside of it. I mean, it's kind of cold and you won't get as tired." The Turtwig stood there with the same blank look on its face. "Whatever. Here, have some water." He held out the bottle, as Turtwig stuck its tongue inside, letting drops of water fall into its mouth.

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Twinleaf Town
Jason Stafford
Jason woke up early that morning. He hadn't been able to sleep much the previous night as he knew that today was the day. He got dressed into his usual clothes: his faded, letterman's jacket, his beat up old trainers and the ripped black jeans he always wore, before taking one last look at his understated and under furnished room. He didn't have much anymore due to his Aunt's financial situation, but he had learnt to love the place; the ripped posters, the old wooden desk and chair, pretty basic stuff, but it was his. He had a tinge of sadness run through him, thinking he wouldn't see this place for a long time.

"Goodbye..." he said in a quiet whisper, before turning and heading downstairs to see his Aunt.

"Jason!" she said, welling up and proceeding to come over and hug him. "Do you really have to go Jason? I'm really going to miss you!"

"Don't worry Auntie, I'm ready for this," Jason said, trying to sound as reassuring as possible.

"Oh Jason, I went and picked these up for you earlier from Professor Fir. I know you don't like waiting for things, so I got up super early to make sure you got them as soon as you woke up." His Aunt handed over a small package, which Jason tore open with sheer anticipation. His Trainer Kit spilled out onto the floor and Jason began to pick it back up, telling himself to 'Calm down'. "Oh, and there's this too!" His Aunt handed over a single Pokéball to him, which Jason just held, cupped in his hands. and he stared at it.

"This is it I guess..." He pressed the centre button on the Pokéball and with a flash of light a Pokémon appeared.

Shinx! The small, cat-like Pokémon began to look around the room and as soon as it saw Jason, it began to cry happily to him and jumped up into his arms.

"H-hey there little guy, I'm Jason and I'm your new trainer..." he said, with less conviction than he would have liked. "It's you and me now, and together, we're gunna become a great team!" he continued with much more passion and drive this time. "You ready for that?"

Shi Shinx! it cried with a fire burning in it's eyes that matched Jason's.

"Well that settles it! It's me and you little guy, lets go!" And with that, Jason bounded out of the door with Shinx, having jumped out of his arms, now running at his side. "Mum....Dad...I'm gunna make you proud!" And with that, the duo bounded off into town, leaving his Aunt at the door, watching as her young nephew disappeared into the distance.

"Good luck!" she shouted after them. "Good luck.." she whispered, almost saying it to herself this time....

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Twinleaf Town
Karly Rose

Buizel!

Karly stared back calmly at the small water weasel standing in front of her. His glowing eyes happily stared back, the gentle Pokemon eagerly awaiting his Trainer's first commands. But honestly, Karly was at a complete loss. Having very little interaction with Pokemon throughout her life, she had absolutely no clue what she was supposed to do with this thing. In addition to her officially licensed Trainer Start Kit, her mother had purchased for her the Indigo Plateau's Starting Guide to Raising Pokemon, but she had yet to open it despite the obvious need for it. She sat on the ground, her legs pulled to her chest, looking at Buizel and realizing how much she regretted acting like a complete jerk during her last few weeks at high school.

"Well... guess we're teammates." Buizel cocked his head to the side at the sound of Karly's voice. She chuckled lightly at how adorable Buizel was - she seemed to have made a great choice. "What should we do first, huh? Maybe I should register you in that Pokedex thing I got so I can learn about you a little more." She reached into her bag and pulled out the clunky red device. She flipped open the top.

"Greetings. Please register your name and Trainer ID."

"My what?" Karly looked at the device. "Hey, uh, Pokedex! How do I know what my Trainer ID is?"

"You can manually enter it or scan your Trainer Card." The unexpected response shocked Karly into yelping a bit and dropping the device. Buizel watched these events curiously, wondering why his Trainer was such a nuthead.

Karly shook her head, her bangs whipping back and forth gently. Get it together, you idiot. She dug through her bag and pulled out her Trainer Card. The top-left corner had already gotten bent down from being carelessly shoved into the dark recesses of her purse. Karly groaned and dropped her head down, her forehead banging against her kneecaps. "This is going to be a disaster..." She looked back at the fallen device, picked it up, and held her card in front of the scanner camera on the opposite side of the Pokedex. After a few moments, the device beeped and went to the main interface. Karly pressed her finger down on the Register Pokemon button. "Okay Buizel, hold still."

Buizel stood firm as the scanner light moved across his body. More beeping, and then Buizel's picture appeared on the screen. The Pokedex read off Buizel's description: "Buizel, the Sea Weasel Pokemon. Both of Buizel's tails can spin like a screw to propel Buizel through the water. When underwater, it can inflate the flotation sac around its neck to return to the surface and check its surroundings."

"Hmm, okay. Well, I suppose that'll be useful for water travel... or something..." Karly closed the Pokedex and looked back Buizel, who was still as cheery as ever. "I suppose that the next thing to do would be to get to know your moves, right? Let's go to Route 201. We can practice on a rock out there and see what you're made of."

Buizel! Buizel cheered in agreement, pumping his arm in the air, and the two made their way out onto Route 201, ready to begin their unpredictable journey.

---

Route 201

"Okay Buizel! Let's get some action in here!" Karly shouted confidently. Buizel jumped up and cried out in agreement, ready to begin training. The two were face to face a decently-sized boulder that Karly had managed to push over-top of the nearby ledge. "Okay, let's see. Professor Fir said that, since you were hatched from an egg, that you know a certain Egg Move. I don't know what that is, but it sounds cool, and I wanna find out what it is. So... Buizel, use your Egg Move!"

... Buizel paused, confused at the command, and looked back at Karly with a questioning look. Karly herself was confused as to what happened, or more so what didn't happen. "Er... Buizel, aren't you gonna, y'know, do something? Don't you know your own moves?" Buizel blinked, not understanding what she had said. "Er... ix-knay, own-ay, move-ay?" Buizel still made no movements, causing Karly to stomp her foot down and clench her fists. "Come on Buizel! Do something! I don't know how Pokemon work! You're supposed to know what you can do, so just... just hit the stupid boulder!" She yelled furiously. Buizel, now scared by Karly's unexpected rage, turned back around and charged at the boulder...

... and rammed his head straight into the rock. The vibration echoed off the rock, and Buizel flung his head back, pivoting around in a dizzy manner with swirls in his eyes. Karly immediately adorned a shocked and concerned look at the sight of her starter in pain. "B... Buizel? Are... are you okay?" After more spinning, Buizel collapsed onto the ground, completely knocked out. Karly groaned more audibly and fell to her knees, clutching her hair tightly to the point of almost ripping it out. "Why is this happening to me?! Why am I doing this?! I can't believe this is even happening! I'm being forced to go on a journey I don't even want to go on, and I have absolutely no idea how I'm supposed to be raising this freaking Pokemon! Ugh! I hate my life!" She pounded her fists on the ground, her dark hair flowing around her and concealing her face from the outside world. She felt her anger reaching a critical point, to where she was about to regret her actions. Everything was starting to go black.

And then, it happened. It was hard for her to see at first, but soon, it was noticeable as her vision returned back to normal. Tiny, dark spots were appearing on the ground. She thought for a second that it was rain, but then she realized it was her own tears. Tiny droplets of water, leaking right from her own eyes. This wasn't normal for her. The strong, independent woman she had made herself into was being brought back to her days as a weak and flimsy child. Her psyche was finally breaking down as realization struck hard.

It had been two years since she last cried.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie
Twinleaf Town
"Okay. Alright. Let's... Let's see here."

Birdie sat on the ground cross-legged, towards the invisible border between Twinleaf Town and Route 201. It had been maybe ten, fifteen minutes since the very nice Professor Fir had dropped off Birdie's very own Trainer Kit, which had included 5 empty PokéBalls, one full one with a Riolu, as he had been told, and a PokéDex, which was the first thing that the future Pokémon Trainer had pulled out first. It was an interesting device, and after registering the necessary data, automatically updated with his name, current badges (none, obviously), some other statistics that Birdie didn't quite understand and his current Pokémon.

A Riolu. Female. With Foresight, Quick Attack, Endure and Crunch. That seemed pretty cool. So... what did Riolu actually look like? At least he knew how to work a PokéBall.

With a push of a button and a shine of red, the blue Pokémon suddenly appeared next to him. She kind of looked like a... weird dog thing.

"Hi there, um," Birdie glanced down at his PokéDex. Oh, an option to... name his Pokémon? Calling her Riolu could get a little confusing if there was more than one Riolu. Plus, didn't Pokémon only say their names? He quickly pressed in a name for his new partner, "... Ruby. I'm Birdie. Or Sam. Whichever you prefer, I suppose."

She gave him what Birdie assumed to be a 'hello' back in Pokémon language. She seemed nice enough. She was going to be his parter for like forever now. His partner while he tried to complete Professor Fir's task to the best of his ability. Birdie stood up, brushing off his pants and giving Ruby an affectionate nudge.

"Let's get going then, I guess!"

Route 201
His first steps into Route 201 stirred the already fluttering butterflies in his stomach. He was on his own! He was independent! He was a Pokémon trainer! With a PokéDex! It was all so exciting and new and Birdie really wanted to make the most of it. What should he do first?

"What should we do first?" he repeated his internal question. Ruby merely blinked back at him. Did she understand him? Was human to Pokémon directly translatable, but not the other way around? His Staraptor seemed to understand him fine. Maybe they just needed to bond a bit more. "We could battle a wild Pokémon! Wouldn't that be fun?"

Again, Ruby looked back at him like a little puppy. It didn't matter much anyways, because their 'conversation' was interrupted when Birdie noticed something from the corner of his eye. A girl, very much looking around the same age a little away from Birdie with a Pokémon too. Birdie pulled out his PokéDex, confirming it was a Buizel, but the girl looked... a little frustrated. Was she sad? Did something happen?

"Should we see what's up? We should see what's up," Birdie nodded, Ruby unsure whether he was talking to her or to himself, but followed him anyway when he made his way over to the poor girl.

"Excuse me? Are you ok?​

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Route 201

Karly froze at the sound of a voice behind her. Crap... No one was supposed to see me crying... She wiped her eyes with one hand while shooting out a measly excuse. "Ahah, yeah, yeah I'm fine. Yep, totally, completely fine." She fake-laughed, standing up slowly and facing the person who was talking to her. She did her best grin that she could. "Nothing is wrong, nothing at all! I was just, uh... checking the soil, yeah. You can learn a lot about a place from its soil! It's really fascinating." Her lie was glaringly obvious, especially since her eyes contained a small tint of bloodshot and her hands were completely clean despite some wetness from the dew on the grass.

Just my luck... she thought bitterly. My first day out and I already screwed up training and got caught crying in front of someone... How could this get any worse?

Buuizel... Buizel had stumbled to his feet somehow and trudged over to Karly whilst she was lying. He surveyed this new trainer and his Riolu, wondering what had happened during his momentary unconsciousness. He noted that his Trainer had some serious incapabilities, and immediately regretted being so eager to work with her.​

Last edited:

Strikit

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Years
The irritable buzz of a hotel room alarm clock woke Rexa from his peaceful sleep. The boy yawned and rolled over to hit the button on top. Silence filled the room and normally he would go back to sleep, but this time he was far too excited. Before the alarm could go off again he sat up and flipped the switch on the back that would turn the alarm off. Slowly he rose and went to the bathroom to begin his morning routine. After he'd showered and dressed he brushed through his hair, tied it up to keep it out of his face, and pulled his backpack up over his shoulders. Everything he'd brought with him was already in the backpack, so out of courtesy he made sure the room was as clean as it could be without the maids. He didn't like to leave messes behind.

Rexa left the room and headed for the front desk. The nurse smiled broadly at him as he approached. "Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

He smiled back groggily. "Yes ma'am. Here's my key."

He handed over the room key. Having already paid the night before, that was the extent of the business he had to do with her. She bowed just slightly and said "Thank you. Have a nice day, and good luck on your journey."

Rexa exited the red roofed building and surveyed his surroundings sleepily. Twinleaf had not been large enough to have its own Pokemon Center, so he'd chosen to stay in Sandgem. As he traveled west he was quickly swallowed by the trees. Chirping sounds emanated from the branches and the brush on the forest floor rustled from time to time. Traveling through the woods without any form of protection from wild Pokemon made Rexa slightly anxious, but he quickly reminded himself that the Pokemon in this area of Sinnoh were weak and generally inexperienced. He could probably outrun anything he'd encounter. Anything he couldn't outrun, he could discourage with rocks.

The walk to Twinleaf only took about half an hour. By the time he came to the modest town the day had started to warm up. He was again glad he'd risen early to get a head start. There were even fewer houses than he'd expected and the only notable building was the small laboratory, but it seemed that several other young trainers were expecting to get their first Pokemon today. Rexa nodded politely at those who passed by him and headed straight for the lab. He didn't want to stay in Twinleaf any longer than he had to.

He passed through the doors into the air conditioned building. As expected, the floors and counters were immaculately clean and shiny. Machines whirred and buzzed along the walls. Rexa hadn't the faintest idea what most of them did. He did recognize a healing machine, several computers, a video phone, and microscopes, but that wasn't even the half of it. He could stand there and marvel at the technology all day, but he would far rather get to the part he'd been anxious about for weeks. Rexa passed through the first room into a much larger one with a higher ceiling. The central focus was a circular table in the middle of the floor. It reached about waist height, and round indentions in its surface would be the perfect shape to hold a Pokeball. There stood the Professor. Though Rexa knew little about him, it was obvious who he was by the self-assured way he carried himself and the fact that he seemed to know what he was doing.

"Good morning!" the man greeted cheerily. "My name is Professor Fir, and you are?"

Rexa smiled politely and extended a hand. "Rexa Viene, sir."

Professor Fir nodded in recognition. "Oh, yes, I've got the perfect Pokemon picked out for you."

He frowned just slightly. "You picked them for us? What were your criteria?"

"Personalities, of course." The Professor touched his thumb to a print reader on the table. Clicking sounds seemed to come from inside the body of the table and a single Pokeball waited in the middle. "I gained simple personality profiles from the prospective trainers from their parents if possible, and if not I asked them directly. And of course, I caught these Pokemon myself, so I know them fairly well. I think you'll find that this is a good match."

Rexa was a little doubtful. He'd thought he would have a choice as to who his first Pokemon would be. He would have even minded a little less if they were all randomly assigned. To assume the authority to just dictate what everyone got seemed a little overbearing. Then again, as Professor Fir had said, all of these Pokemon had been caught by him personally. He was so kind as to give them out for free. Why complain?

With that in mind Rexa accepted the Pokeball and attached it to his belt. He wanted to see who he'd received now, but letting it loose in this overly clean building seemed wrong, so he contained himself. The Professor then flitted over to a large machine behind the table. It looked like a cross between a video phone and an ATM. He pushed a few buttons and waited a few seconds, and out popped a red handheld device and a trainer card. Rexa's picture was clearly visible on it. To the right were six slots for pictures of six Pokemon. The first slot was already filled but from where he stood Rexa could not see by what just yet.

"This is your trainer card. Keep it safe and try not to lose it, but if you do you can get another one. It's $500 for a new one. Simply go to any Pokemon Center and there should be a kiosk. Insert the money, place your thumb against the print reader, and it should take care of everything. You should update your card every few months or when you've made drastic changes to your team."

Rexa just nodded, soaking in all of the information as he accepted the card. He glanced down to look at it and saw that the Pokemon was a grey feline, Glameow. To his knowledge they were mostly kept as pets, but he did feel a little bit excited to see how one did on the battlefield. He placed the card in his pocket where it would be safe.

"That sums it up! Here's your beginning trainer's kit. Inside you'll find five Pokeballs, one Potion, and one Pokedex." He handed Rexa a plastic case, which he also accepted as he shrugged off his backpack to place it in the main pocket.

"Thank you, sir. Is there anything else I should know?"

Professor Fir shook his head. "Not that I can help you with. Hurry out, now, you'll want to meet your partner I'm sure."

Rexa nodded and turned to leave. He wanted to get moving, and he didn't much care for being in the laboratory. It was far too clean. As he emerged into the sunlight he took a deep breath and smiled to himself. This was his first day as a trainer, the start of something great. He leaned against the side of the building and plucked the ball from his belt. It was warm to the touch, and it seemed heavier than he'd expected. His heart thudded from nerves and excitement as he pressed the button. A beam of white light shot out and quickly materialized into a small feline with a curled tail. It blinked up at him while its eyes adjusted to the light and mewed. Rexa knelt down and extended a hand, palm down and arm relaxed.

The Glameow looked up at him uncertainly. Although he did not know much about this Pokemon, Rexa knew that they had a tendency to bite unexpectedly and he did not want that. Slowly its body relaxed and it pressed its head into its hand, then forced him to stroke it all the way down to its tail.

"You're friendly," Rexa said aloud. "That's good. I'd heard you bite."

As if on cue it suddenly lashed out and sank its teeth into his hand. He yelped and jerked it back, eyes wide with surprise.

"Okay! I take that back."

It purred and went to rub against him again. He backed away suspiciously and frowned at it. "Temperamental, much?"

It continued to purr and seemed to smirk up at him. Rexa caught it quickly and flipped it over onto its back. It yowled in anger and tried to wiggle away, but by the time it got out of his grasp he'd already deduced all of the information he needed.

"Okay. You're a girl… You've got a temper… I'll call you Pyewacket."

She grunted her irritation at being manhandled. Rexa stood and started walking, watching her carefully to see if she would follow. It quickly became evident that she would not. He frowned, but recalled her anyway. He'd hoped she would walk alongside him but obviously that was not going to happen, at least not yet. Perhaps it was too much to expect on the first day. They would have to bond first.

Wanting to get moving, Rexa began traveling north back toward Sandgem. This led him through Route 201, the same forested area that had unnerved him before. This time, however, instead of feeling alone and unsafe he knew that he at least had Pyewacket. She may not like him but she probably would at least be good enough in a fight.

Quickly he realized he needed to pay better attention. The bushes near him rustled more than they had before, and he realized something was coming. He stood still and watched them, waiting for them to either stop moving or for something to erupt out of them. The attack instead came from the sky. A screech preceded the azure blur of feathers that dove at Rexa's head. He jumped back and with surprising reflexes grabbed Pyewacket's ball and released her. The cat Pokemon yowled in confusion.

"Get it!" he commanded as he covered his head with his hands. At first she saw no foe, but then the bird became visible and she licked her chops. Pyewacket leapt straight up in the air and caught it in her paws. As she held it still he could see that it was a Tailow. His first instinct was to try and catch it but he realized that the trainer's kit was in the pocket of his backpack and he wouldn't be able to get to it before Pyewacket had the avian Pokemon half eaten. He did the only thing he could think to do and grabbed her around the middle, pulling her off of the poor bird. It zoomed away before he could even tell whether it was injured or not.

Not appreciating his act of kindness, Pyewacket yowled and twisted in his arms. Her claws dug into his skin and her teeth tore into him. He gritted his teeth and returned her as quickly as he could. His arms began to bleed and sting and he sighed irritably. That cat had just better be glad he was forgiving.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie
Route 201
The girl seemed a little alarmed after Birdie had called back, picking herself off the ground while laughing and saying she was okay. Birdie grimaced a little at her reaction, knowing full well that was the usual response from someone that was not okay, but didn't want to be bothered. So Birdie didn't bother her. Or tried not to, at least.

"Nothing is wrong, nothing at all! I was just, uh... checking the soil, yeah. You can learn a lot about a place from its soil! It's really fascinating," she seemed exceptionally jittery indeed.

"That's... cool, I guess," Birdie shrugged, ignoring her glassy eyes and puffy face. Her Buizel had seemed to have woken up (was he (or she) taking a nap?) and joined its trainer. Birdie felt a little subconcious as this trainer and her Pokémon gazed at him. Was she judging him? Summing him up? Seeing if he was worthy to battle? Birdie didn't quite want an opponent yet! Not until Ruby had some kind of training first. Maybe if he was nice and polite, she would keep going on her way.

"Sorry for disturbing you, miss," Birdie said, taking a few steps towards Sandgem Town. "We'll just be on our way now."​

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Twinleaf Town (Part 2)
Jason Stafford

By the time Jason and Shinx had run through Twinleaf to the northern exit onto Route 201, the pair were tired and panting heavily, having run from the far side of town.

"H-h-hey Shinx," Jason panted, trying to catch his breath. "Come here for a sec would you?"

Shi-Shinx! Shinx wandered over, clearly tired, but with a happy and contented expression on his face.

"I just wanna register you on my Pokédecx and check out your data to see what your all about, okay buddy!" Jason pulled out his new Pokédex from his pocket and held it up so Shinx was in view on it's screen. A loud beep emanated from the device, letting Jason know that it had seen Shinx.

"Pokémon Registered! Shinx, the Flash Pokémon. When it senses danger, the hairs on its body light up and it runs away, leaving its opponent dazed. Nickname Pokémon?" He could do that? Well, you learn a new thing every!

"So Shinx...I need to give you a name huh? How about...Flash?"

SHINX! Shinx was clearly not impressed by the suggestion. Maybe another name would suit him better..

"I've got it! What do you think of Volt?"

Shi...Shinx! Shinx seemed much happier with that name, making Jason feel a lot more relaxed, as he wanted to make a good impression on his first Pokémon.

"Well, Volt it is!" Jason keyed in Shinx's new name and put the Pokédex back into his pocket. Jason just sat there with Volt, looking towards Route 201, thinking about what lay ahead. They were stepping out of small Twinleaf Town and going out on an adventure, all around the ancient, mythical region of Sinnoh. A new beginning. A fresh start. They were turning over a new leaf.

"Come on Volt, let's go." The two set off towards Route 201.

Route 201

Jason had never felt like this before; he was nervous but felt excited and so free. No one to tell him what to do anymore, no one to shout at him if he screwed up, this was it. He was out on his own, flying solo.

"Volt, this journey could be quite difficult, it's gunna be hard work, are you sure you're ready for this?"

Shi! Volt nodded with conviction, really wanting to show Jason how determined he was to do his best. Even though the two had only recently met, a bond had started to develop between the two.
---​
Part way along the route Jason decided to stop for a while, he wanted to take his time and really enjoy this experience. He was about to sit down on a rock when he saw a young guy, a similar age to him with a Pokémon that he didn't recognise. Jason started to get the Pokédex out of his pocket but saw the Pokémon scratch the guys arm!​

"Damn! That looks painful!" Jason was normally shy and didn't like interacting with new people but he couldn't just leave the guy there! He looked in pain and he was bleeding pretty bad by the looks of things.​

"Come on Volt, we need to go check on that guy, he looks hurt." The pair wandered over from where they were sat towards the guy.​

"Hey mate, you ok? That looks pretty bad...do you need a hand?"​

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Route 201

Karly knew deep down that her lie was completely see-through. Nonetheless, she lucked out as this guy she didn't know appeared far to busy to worry about her. "Sorry for disturbing you, miss," He replied, taking a few steps towards Sandgem Town. "We'll just be on our way now."

"Y-Yeah, um, have fun with that!" She laughed nervously again. However, a thought crossed her mind as she finished saying goodbye. This guy looks smart... Maybe he could help me... Considering that she made her own Pokemon knock himself out, she needed all the assistance she could find. And her only opportunity for information was walking away...

"... U-Uh, wait! Hold on! Do you think you could help me? I'm trying to figure out what moves my Buizel knows and... I really don't know how..." She sheepishly admitted, hoping that he wasn't judgmental and wouldn't laugh at her for not know something so basic. Buizel shook his head disappointingly.​

Last edited:

Strikit

Years
Rexa had already begun to carefully shrug his backpack off of his shoulders when he heard a male voice. He looked up and tried to smile bravely, but it came out as more of a grimace. "Yeah, uh, I'm okay."

His hands shook just a little as he unzipped the bag carefully and pulled out a white plastic case with a red cross on the top. Blood dripped on it but he ignored that and unclasped it. Organized neatly inside the case were bandages, tweezers, rubbing alcohol, antibiotic ointments, and other such first aid items. Well used to having to patch himself up, he was at first going to tell this boy that he needed no assistance. Surely he could manage two scratched up arms on his own. But he realized that these cuts were a little deep and he was going to have to clean them up with alcohol. Professor Fir had not said what the living conditions were for the Pokemon he kept but Rexa knew well that claw wounds as well as bite wounds needed to be cleaned promptly, and well. They often harbored infection-causing bacteria.

"Will you just pour some alcohol over my arms? I'd do it myself, but it's going to sting pretty bad and I don't mind the help at all."

As he asked this he gritted his teeth, thinking about the fact that the guilty party in this crime resided in a Pokeball attached to his belt. He was all for giving things second chances and getting to know someone before he judged them, but most people didn't try to tear his arms off.

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie
Route 201
"Y-Yeah, um, have fun with that!" her voice jumped around again as Birdie walked away with Ruby by his side. At least she seemed like she wasn't interested in battling. Maybe Birdie could get in a little bit of training before Sandgem. There was some long grass that seemed appealing enough. He hoped Ruby wasn't the pacifist type.

"U-Uh, wait! Hold on!" Birdie's heart skipped a beat when she called out to him. Wait, maybe she did want to battle. Was it proper etiquette to just... run away? "Do you think you could help me? I'm trying to figure out what moves my Buizel knows and... I really don't know how."

Birdie turned back around, mentally sighing in relief. So, she was a new trainer like him. And not only that, she was slightly less wiser than him. He felt a little better and walked back over to her, pulling out his PokéDex from his pocket.

"Did you get one of these?" he said, flicking it open as he got close enough that she could see the screen. "See, you go into the Pokémon section and it tells you stuff about your Pokémon. See, look," he turned his PokéDex around so she could see it the right way up and pointed to the little Riolu on his screen, "you can see her name is Ruby, she's a girl and her moves are Foresight, Quick Attack, Endure and Crunch. Can you see?"​

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Route 201

After she said that, the guy stopped and turned back around. She felt a so much better knowing that she didn't scare him off, and that she was finally going to understand something about this whole Pokemon training nonsese. "Did you get one of these?" he asked, opening his Pokedex and showing her the screen. "See, you go into the Pokémon section and it tells you stuff about your Pokémon. See, look," He showed her how to get to the section that displayed Pokemon info. "You can see her name is Ruby, she's a girl and her moves are Foresight, Quick Attack, Endure and Crunch. Can you see?"

"Oh... wow... I can't believe it was that easy. And here I had accidentally caused Buizel to knock himself ou... I mean, train so hard that he had to take a well-deserved rest." She lied once again, giving another awkward grin in an attempt to cover it up. Wow, I really need to work on my lying; I'm no good at it at all... "Well, thank you. Now I actually understand something, if anything, about this Pokemon training stuff."

She turned to Buizel and repeated the steps she was shown. Her Pokedex displayed Buizel's 3 moves. "Sonicboom, Growl, and Icy Wind, huh?" Buizel perked up at hearing it's own moves, thinking it was a command to attack. "That's sounds neat. Buizel, use Icy Wind!"

Buizel did exactly as she said... and blew a gust of freezing wind right in Karly's direction. She yelped in surprise and jumped back, knocking into the guy to avoid getting hit. "Don't use it on me, you dimwit! Use it on the rock that you were supposed to hit the first time! What's the matter with you, you crazy rodent?! Are you trying to kill me?!"

Buizel crossed his arms and glared intensely at Karly. Buizel... Karly, being the immature child she still was, did the exact same thing, while also sticking her tongue out. The two continued to glare for a good three minutes to make sure their point got across.​

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Route 201 (Part 2)
Jason Stafford
The guy said he was okay, but looking at the expression on his face, he quite clearly wasn't. The boy started rummaging around in a bag and pulled out what looked like a first aid kit. He produced a bottle of alcohol to clean the wound. Well, at least this guy knows how to look after himself.

The boy said to Jason, "Will you just pour some alcohol over my arms? I'd do it myself, but it's going to sting pretty bad and I don't mind the help at all."

Jason had had to patch himself up many a time when he got a cut or a scrape whilst out roaming and exploring the local area late at night, so luckily for this boy, he was in the hands of someone who knew what he was doing too.

"Sure, no problem!" Jason took the bottle from the boy and took the cap off. "This may sting a bit, so just hold still." He held onto the boys arm, so he didn't start to move his arm and began tentatively pouring the alcohol onto the wound. " The names Jason by the way. What's yours?"

Strikit

Years
Rexa looked away from his wounds, hoping not seeing them would help it hurt less. It didn't. As the boy started to pour the alcohol he clenched his fists and gritted his teeth, but he remained still.

"Rexa. Thanks for stopping, I know a lot of people who would have kept going or, worse, stopped and demanded I fight them or something equally stupid."

When the wounds were clean and Jason stopped pouring he glanced down. The scratches didn't look as nasty as they had before with most of the blood washed away, but they were still bleeding and he'd have to wrap them quickly if he didn't want them to end up looking like before. With surprisingly nimble hands he unwrapped a length of gauze and began to bind his arms, one at a time. When he was finished with both he cut some medical tape off and adhered both bandages shut.

"There we are. Done."

With that he packed up his kit, replaced it in his bag, and stood. "Thanks again for your help. I don't know how long it'll be until I need stitches with this crazy cat, but hopefully I'll make some progress with her someday."

He pulled his backpack onto his bag and was again ready to go. "Quick question. You have a good looking Shinx. Does it have an attitude problem?"

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Route 201 (Part 3)
Jason Stafford
The boy seemed to flinch a bit whilst Jason poured the alcohol onto his wounds, understandably so; whenever Jason had to clean a wound, the alcohol felt like it was burning his skin.

"Rexa." So his name was Rexa, unsual name...but pretty cool! Jason thought to himself. Rexa seemed to be genuinely grateful for Jason's help, which Jason feel proud, his good deed for the day was done! Rexa got a dressing out, quickly put it on and got ready to head off.

"Quick question. You have a good looking Shinx. Does it have an attitude problem?" Jason considered the question for a few seconds before answering. Volt had only been with him for a short amount of time, but he'd been pretty good and he'd had no real problems with him. However, he didn't want to make Rexa disheartened as his Pokémon clearly had some kind of an ego problem and Jason didn't want to upset the guy; he was in the same boat as him and Rexa seemed to have his head screwed on straight.

"I've only had Volt, my Shinx, a little while now, so I don't know him all that well, but he seems to be a happy little guy and I haven't really had any problems with him...but as I said, I've only just got him! How's your Pokémon doing?"

Strikit

Years
Rexa half smiled, half grimaced. "Well, ah, I was given a Glameow and she's really good with her claws, obviously. I suppose it was kind of my fault, I let her out to chase off a Taillow that was divebombing me but she started to eat it so I pulled her off. She didn't like that."

He rested a hand on her ball as though the contact would help her get used to him. "I'm willing to work with her and all, but damn."

As an afterthought he glanced around thoughtfully. "I'm considering just catching a wild Pokemon without her help if I can and leading with that one instead. That way I can move on and still be safe without having to rely on her, and I can work with her in my downtime. I know she can improve but I'm not willing to take any risks with her anymore."

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Birdie
Route 201
"Oh... wow... I can't believe it was that easy. And here I had accidentally caused Buizel to knock himself ou... I mean, train so hard that he had to take a well-deserved rest," Birdie gave her a forced smile. Knocked itself out? How-how had she managed that?! "Well, thank you. Now I actually understand something, if anything, about this Pokemon training stuff."

"You're welcome," Birdie said with a small bow of his head, this smile a lot more genuine. "My pleasure, miss."

The girl started to play around with her own PokéDex, and following Birdie's instructions, seemingly found it. The Buizel seemed to have a nice moveset, but a misinterpretation by Buizel when the girl called out an attack made her suddenly flare up and shout at her poor Pokémon. Birdie slowly exchanged a look with his own partner. Was the Buizel silly, or was it her trainer? Whatever it was, Birdie promised himself he'd never talk to Ruby (or anyone, for that matter) in such a manner! It was... well, a little rude to be honest.

"Was... Did you need anymore help or are you alright now?" Birdie asked, more out of politeness. A little bit inside him tugged at him towards that patch of grass and Sandgem. Ruby just stared at him though, obviously not as eager as her trainer.​

Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2013
Route 201 (Part 4)
Jason Stafford
Rexa didn't seem all to happy or satisfied with Jason's response.

"Well, ah, I was given a Glameow and she's really good with her claws, obviously. I suppose it was kind of my fault, I let her out to chase off a Taillow that was divebombing me but she started to eat it so I pulled her off. She didn't like that." The boy attempted what looked like a smile, though he didn't seem all that happy. Jason felt a bit guilty about asking now, as the boy was clearly having problems, whereas he himself was doing fine with Volt.

Rexa then began mentioning an idea he had about trying to catch a wild Pokémon on his own, which in all honesty, did seem a bit dangerous and reckless, but Jason understood why Rexa would consider doing something like this; although his Glameow could probably become a pretty strong ally for him, at the moment, it was a hinderance and a liability, which at this stage in his journey, he could probably do without.

"Isn't that a bit dangerous, trying to catch a Pokémon without using one of your own...? You could get hurt again! If there is anything I can do for you to help out with getting you a new Pokémon, I'd be more than happy to help!" What was he doing? He'd only just met the guy! This wasn't the usual Jason when it came to meeting new people, what was going on? He always shied away from meeting new people, yet here he was offering to help out a total stranger! We even surprise ourselves sometimes! Jason thought to himself.

Trev

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Route 201

"Was... Did you need anymore help or are you alright now?" The guy asked, snapping Karly from her glaring trance. She gave Buizel another evil eye before turning to him.

"Actually... I really do. I have no idea how to do this!" She admitted cheerfully. "As you can tell, I'm a horrible trainer, and if I go at this alone, I'm probably going to fail at whatever Trainers are supposed to do. If you could just, y'know, help me with everything, that'd be great." She gave an awkward laugh before sighing heavily. "Please? I really have no idea what I'm doing."

Buizel rolled his eyes. Buizel...

Last edited:
Back