• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Here's a rumor that I mentioned on another thread (I think). We might see the return of HGSS's Pokewalker, because I like the idea of counting a certain number of steps. That would be a nice surprise.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I'm glad that Pokemon like Sudowoodo/Golem and ofc Lapras are listed because hopefully that will give these Pokemon a serious boost in power, but I'm kind of scared to see what a Mega Evolution will do to the majority of those Pokemon seeing as most of those are in the OU or Uber tier (the two highest), and I wonder how it'll affect gen 6 competitively.

I'm also really glad that they stuck to popular Pokemon instead of stuff like Vespiquen that was never really anybody's favorite, but also that they mixed in a few like Drifblim. Unfortunately, it seems as though Dunsparce has been neglected again D:

Ofc this is only if that photo's real (not sure if it's been confirmed?).

Years
^ Definitely. Lapras definitely needs a pre-evo. I always thought it bizarre that we would receive a tiny egg in RBY that contained this huge full-grown lapras within the shell! The same goes for Kangaskan, though, there is still a possiblity GF could add the Kangaskan child as a pre-evo, otherwise, the mother, is not a mother and serves more as the dominant paternal twin along with a dwarf twin when it hatches. Which is, again, BIZARRE!

The best remedy would to have a pre-evo, that evolves into a Kangaskan, thus entering motherhood. Then, the Kangaskan can also breed with other species to birth additional children. Thus, the Kangaskan child probably shouldn't exist in the wild, similar to other baby pokemon, that are often not found in the wild, only obtainable through breeding.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I found someone cos playing as Cilan "evaluating" it.

http://pokemon-personalities.tumblr.com/post/60673878373/therandominmyhead-kyurem-what-well-lets

I can't actually be bothered to do more research to find out if he actually knows what he's talking about (besides the thing about a computer screen which is true)... but it has a bunch of reblogs, so there it's fake :P

/internet logic

Lol I quite enjoyed that. I was about to mention those screen lines but I guess someone already did. Also no wonder it was so hard to translate this, so yeah I agree with this guy the pic is probably fake.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The Pokewalker was useless, IMO. Heck, I never even really opened mine out of the box and used it, not even once. .___. If they're going to include some merchandise that has some sort of connection to the games, I'd much rather it be more useful than a Pokemon pedometer

I found it useful. However I doubt they'll bring it back as the 3DS already has an internal pedometer for counting steps and such.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I appreciate them for giving us an alternative way to level-up our Pokémon, but PokéWalker just wasn't the best way to do it. It was such a hassle to take your Pokémon in and out of the device constantly. The only time I found myself using PokéWalker was when I played SoulSilver for the first time. After that, I left it in my drawer and forgotten about its existence. xD"

Years
IT'S RUMOR TIMEEEE!!!!!

Mega Mewtwo (Pure Forme). In addition to Mega Mewtwo, a second Mega Evolution of Mewtwo exists which is much smaller and friendlier looking, with its tail wrapping around its body. It is Psychic-type, and has "Magic Guard". It is said that Trainers who have proven themselves to have strong hearts may bear witness to this Forme that, while small, is rumored to possess extremely potent psychic powers.

Mega Magcargo. It becomes Fire-type as it breaks out of its shell, resembling a larger fiery snail with the back of its body bubbling up with heat bubbles. It gains a boost in Special Attack and has Flash Fire as an Ability. It is described as its body raising to excessive temperatures that prevent it body from cooling down whatsoever.

Mega Drifblim. It is Ghost/Flying, and its upper body swells to a larger size and it has six "arms" now instead of two, but mostly stays the same looking. The larger size gives it stronger Defense and Special Defense than before, and it has a new Ability, "Sky High", which prevents it from being grounded. It is described as its body swelling to massive sizes as it takes to the air to heights that most Pokemon are incapable of reaching.

Mega Jynx. It is Ice/Psychic, and its body slims down and it has a more "hotter" look to it, with its hair turning an icy silver. Its slimmer size gives it more Speed, and it also has stronger Special Attack, and has Cute Charm as an Ability as it has an alluring look to it. It is described as using its Psychic powers to create a strange illusion that gives it a beautiful look that no Pokemon can resist.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
IT'S RUMOR TIMEEEE!!!!!

Mega Mewtwo (Pure Forme). In addition to Mega Mewtwo, a second Mega Evolution of Mewtwo exists which is much smaller and friendlier looking, with its tail wrapping around its body. It is Psychic-type, and has "Magic Guard". It is said that Trainers who have proven themselves to have strong hearts may bear witness to this Forme that, while small, is rumored to possess extremely potent psychic powers.

Mega Magcargo. It becomes Fire-type as it breaks out of its shell, resembling a larger fiery snail with the back of its body bubbling up with heat bubbles. It gains a boost in Special Attack and has Flash Fire as an Ability. It is described as its body raising to excessive temperatures that prevent it body from cooling down whatsoever.

Mega Drifblim. It is Ghost/Flying, and its upper body swells to a larger size and it has six "arms" now instead of two, but mostly stays the same looking. The larger size gives it stronger Defense and Special Defense than before, and it has a new Ability, "Sky High", which prevents it from being grounded. It is described as its body swelling to massive sizes as it takes to the air to heights that most Pokemon are incapable of reaching.

Mega Jynx. It is Ice/Psychic, and its body slims down and it has a more "hotter" look to it, with its hair turning an icy silver. Its slimmer size gives it more Speed, and it also has stronger Special Attack, and has Cute Charm as an Ability as it has an alluring look to it. It is described as using its Psychic powers to create a strange illusion that gives it a beautiful look that no Pokemon can resist.

''It is described''Does that mean that they will have their own Pokedex entries?

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
IT'S RUMOR TIMEEEE!!!!!

Where are these rumors from?

Years
Where are these rumors from?

I found it on some serebii forum.

And i just thought: Mewtwo needs Mega Stone (Mewtwonite maybe???) to become Mega Mewtwo. But if Mewtwo has max happiness (or play with it in poke amie , or something else), it will Mega Evolves to the second Mega Form, while regular Mewtwo just become the first Mega Form!!!

blue

gucci
Years
Mega Magcargo would definitely be beneficial for that Pokémon, losing it's Rock type and having a stat boost would make it a much better Fire type than it already is.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What would be the difference between Sky High and Levitate? Would Sky High prevent a couple of extra moves from being landed on you?

Also, if the rumors are true, then I'm really looking forward to Mega Jynx. I've always wanted to see Jynx get an evolution, but since it's not getting one, a MegaEvolution would definitely make a good substitute. What I don't like about its Mega form is the type combination, which remains exactly the same as its normal form. I would've liked it better if it was pure ice-type. That way, many of its weaknesses would've been eliminated.

Years
I like the idea of another eeveelution. It makes sense because they always have two new Eevee forms when they decide to make more eeveelutions. They also are always one stronger against the other. This means that there are two options. Eevee fans get their dragon Eevee or they get whatever type will be strong against fairy. Many suggest poison. Either way it's going to be awesome. For all we know, it could be another type that's good against fairy.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
IT'S RUMOR TIMEEEE!!!!!

I think it makes sense that Mewtwo is shrinking during it's MegaEvolutions as it's an imperfect clone of Mew even though it's stronger than Mew.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
IT'S RUMOR TIMEEEE!!!!!

It looks like Mega Magcargo is the worst of the four, because it doesn't say anything about increasing its speed, which he's still slow and vulnerable to its three most common weaknesses.

Back