• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game] Fakemon Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
[fakemon contest]
That's right! After some inquiry by members, a nice little fakemon contest has been launched! This is the part of A&D where you get to take the stage. Create whatever kind of fakemon you'd like! Use this thread to sign up for the competition and ask any questions you may have.

Rules

- You may use any medium of art
- Artwork may or may not include color.
- No maximum dimensions.
- Only one entry per member.
- No previously made artwork.
- Must be your own artwork; do not take credit for other artist's work.
- You may not vote for your own work upon the voting stage.
- Descriptions, dex entries, movesets, abilities, and anything else you'd like to add to make your fakemon more authentic is allowed, but not required.
- Do not divulge information regarding your works. Remember, the whole 'PMing the entries to me' thing is being done to maintain anonymity and prevent any biased voting. No one should know which entry has been done by whom.
- Ask any questions you have in the thread.
- I'll day it one more time; PM me the entries!

Deadline : February 1st

That's right, February 1st. I'm being very, very generous here- so I better get lots of participants! Fakemons are gladly accepted from now until the deadline period is over.

That is one week from today; you have one week from today to register for participation

Voting

- Once the entry period ends, I will post all entries on the thread, without names.
- You are then supposed to vote on the entry you liked the most and state your reasoning behind your preference. Remember, you have to post your votes there. Not PM me.
- You may vote even if you have not participated in the battle.
- You must vote if you have participated in the battle.
- After one week of voting, I will post the winning submissions! (along with artists' names)

Participants

- Ravio [entry received]
- Incinermyn [entry received]
- Froslass_Maniac [entry received]
- [supporter]River Ramirez[/supporter]
- Slayr231 [entry received]
- [supporter]Darkheart223[/supporter]
- Eat Me.
- Inferna [entry received]
- MaskedDJ [entry received]
- The Feves [entry received]
- Uxie101 [entry received]
- Jeannes.Thinkin
- BadPokemon [entry received]
- tobyjoey [entry received]
- Dark Ice Cream [entry received]
- LoudSilence
- [supporter]daigonite[/supporter]
- Normal_Type
- Sunfished [entry received]
- Magistrum [entry received]
- Nordk [entry received]
- rsccooperinc [entry received]
- [supporter]Sakazuki[/supporter] [entry received]

[enjoy]

Last edited:

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
I'd love to sign up! One question though, when we make the fakemon should we include any information like a pokedex entry, movesets etc, or what we based it on?

Yeah, this is stuff I'd like to know. Additionally, when you say "no previously made artwork" does that exclude new pictures of Fakemon you've already made? I'm actually working on a new picture for one of my oldest Fakemon, so if it's allowed, I'll submit it since it's completely new and not something I drew a long time ago.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
I believe it's all based on design guys, however I'm sure it'd be pretty cool if you added a little description with it. :D.

Glad to see you've finally made this Strawberry. I'll definitely start my entry tonight or tomorrow.

P.S.
To whoever wins, I'll make you a user title and I'll use your Fakemon as the picture for the user title. (:

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'd love to sign up! One question though, when we make the fakemon should we include any information like a pokedex entry, movesets etc, or what we based it on?
Yeah, this is stuff I'd like to know. Additionally, when you say "no previously made artwork" does that exclude new pictures of Fakemon you've already made? I'm actually working on a new picture for one of my oldest Fakemon, so if it's allowed, I'll submit it since it's completely new and not something I drew a long time ago.

Yeah feel free to add all the stuff you'd like to your fakemon! Abilities, typing, moves, anything. It's all for fun, so be as creative as you'd like! I'll add a little amendment to the voting stage when we get there, depending on how many people are capable of adding information like that.

As for your old Fakemon, Incinermyn, it's in the spirit of competition to come up with a fakemon at the same time / on the same level as other participants so the playing field is more equal. However, so long as you start the drawing from absolute scratch, you can use a preexisting idea. I'm sure everyone has had ideas for fakemon; and I can't put a rule on that. While I'm not going to ban an entry on this basis, I still encourage you to come up with a fresh design.

You can count me in. I'm in the mood for a competition.
Excellent! You along with everyone else will be added when I finish replying lol.

I believe it's all based on design guys, however I'm sure it'd be pretty cool if you added a little description with it. :D.

Glad to see you've finally made this Strawberry. I'll definitely start my entry tonight or tomorrow.

P.S.
To whoever wins, I'll make you a user title and I'll use your Fakemon as the picture for the user title. (:
See above. :3 And I'm glad to! This is one of my favorite things about being a mod, after all!

But, hold your horses, we'll discuss the rewards a little later. ;) You won't be disappointed.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I would like to try. Could I sign up please?

Of course you can! :) I'll put you on the list once I'm actually at my computer. My phone doesn't like to edit posts for some reason lol.

Edit: go figure I could edit the post haha. Your officially a participant, Darkheart!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'd like to join in the fun. Sign me up, please. :)

Oh awesome! I almost missed your post, ah. You may consider your entry confirmed. Also a big welcome to PC from all of us! I promise you'll love it here. :)

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
Years
As for your old Fakemon, Incinermyn, it's in the spirit of competition to come up with a fakemon at the same time / on the same level as other participants so the playing field is more equal. However, so long as you start the drawing from absolute scratch, you can use a preexisting idea. I'm sure everyone has had ideas for fakemon; and I can't put a rule on that. While I'm not going to ban an entry on this basis, I still encourage you to come up with a fresh design.

Sorry, I should've elaborated. The fakemon in question is something I came up with like two or three years ago, but I hadn't really worked on it since. I only recently decided to rework its design into something better and I still have to build up the idea, hence why I thought I'd use it for this contest.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Sorry, I should've elaborated. The fakemon in question is something I came up with like two or three years ago, but I hadn't really worked on it since. I only recently decided to rework its design into something better and I still have to build up the idea, hence why I thought I'd use it for this contest.

Yeah, it's fine in my book. :) But, just for clarity's sake, let's say: I'm thinking of a dog-like fakemon with horns. I sketched out a dog-like fakemon with horns years ago. I'd like to draw a dog fakemon with horns now.

That would be an okay scenario! Doing anything else would be like disqualifying an entry because you had the idea prior to the contest; which isn't fair and I have no license to ban ideas. My only condition is that you get a fresh slice of paper and draw your fakemon, regardless of where it originated, on that paper. :)
Also, you know, I can't really stop you from doing whatever you want but hush. :x

MaskedDJ

【♫Forever Alone♫】‎
Years
More member, more freaking fun <3
I would love to sign up plz, but before you do that, i wanted to ask this question~
is pixel art avaible?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'd like to enter please c:
Accepted!

More member, more freaking fun <3
I would love to sign up plz, but before you do that, i wanted to ask this question~
is pixel art avaible?

fakemon contest rules said:
- You may use any medium of art
You may use pixel art. :) And entry accepted!

Note: The whole point of this is to have fun. So don't get too caught up in semantics and details. Just use common sense and enjoy the ride! This is a friendly competition, so really, just have fun! :D

Years
I will like to sign up please,i love making fakemon for the fun(or my hack). Today i worked really hard on this
ezimba12711611802300.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back