• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which starter did you choose?

Years
I don't remember which starter I chose while playing R/S. I've completed Emerald with all the three starters, I chose Treeko first, then Mudkip and finally Torchic.
I don't remember my starters on FR/LG either. o.o'

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
When I first started Ruby, I chose Treecko. She was my first level 100, and she's now a Sceptile and in my Diamond. On FireRed, I chose Charmander. I evolved him into Charizard raised him to about level 80-90, but being a curious kid, I used action replay on my game to see what I could do. All my Pokemon turned into bad eggs, hahaha, I was so stupid. Oh well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 23, 2012
I wasn't a big fan of the Gen III starters. I usually pick Treecko though, if only because I like Grass types over Fire and Water types.

In FR/LG I went with Bulbasaur at first. I figured I'd run my first run of the remake with a remake of my original team and see how it varied. Bulbasaur still stands as the best starter in my book.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Bulbasaur and sceptile. I've never reseted my emerald or ruby, but my save got corrupted twice on fire red... weird.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
I choose Bulbasaur and Treecko, It's not that I love Grass types, I find them unique.

NejiForce

Kh-Fan
Years
Hydropi=Best Starter(except Chealst <3)
I´m groundtrainer so I liked Sumpex really (and Hydropy is bloody cute!)

WaterSplash

Common
Years
I went with:

Ruby: Chichic (Torchic, now Blaziken)
Leaf Green: 1st run - SQUIRT (Squirtle, now Blastoise); 2nd run - Bulbasaur (traded for a Pikachu early on for a "Yellowesque" feel.
Sapphire: OCEAN (Mudkip, now Swampert)

Also, Water types rule. :)

hatake_kakashi

I am a Copy-Pokemon!
Years
i choose squirtle and torchic as my starter. :) squirtle is just awesome, and i have been selecting it as a starter ever since. Torchic on the other hand, i simply find it powerful.

Backup

Maybe Next Time
Years
In Sapphire Version, I chose Torchic because I found it unbelievably cuteeeee ;D

In Leafgreen Version, I chose Bulbasaur because too many people choose Charmander, but I didn't really like Squirtle. =/

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2012
LeafGreen Bulbasaur mostly because thats who I used in Red when I was younger.

Emerald... I am not real familiar with the Hoenn Pokes so I did a little research first and found out Mudkip had the highest stats in their final evolution so for the first time EVER I went with a Water Pokemon.

Dulcet

The epitome of crazy
Years
I chose Torchic in Ruby because it's adorable little face captured my heart. c:
In FR I chose Charmander because I thought having a Charizard would be awesome, but the second time around I chose Squirtle and ended up liking it better.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
I tried Torchic and Treecko in Sapphire but I didn't like them. I chose Mudkip this time but I'm not using it because I'm doing a random Pokémon challenge but I might Pal Park it over to HG :D

My only playthrough of LeafGreen [borrowed it from a friend] I chose Charmander :)

amberfunk

Almost master trainer
Years
  • Seen May 15, 2014
Bulbasaur for fire red(might have been leaf green) and I still haven't played through the entire game yet.
I'm almost positive that I choose mudkip for sapphire. He's adorable:)

Back