• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar: New Legends [OOC] [1 Spot: Earthbender]

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Don't worry yourself about it, EB, there aren't any stupid questions :3 Thanks to Geras for clearing it up for us. Swifty's a bit busy right now, but he'll be ready for discussing the various SUs today, though I doubt we'll end the SUs just then, plus, we have a couple people who're still in the middle of writing.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Hey guys! We're going to be discussing and reviewing sign-ups over the weekend. We're going to aim to post at least some of the update on Monday. We like what we see so far, this will be a tough call ><.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Well... a little of each, I say. We see if the writing style in the sample fits with what we want, we see if the characters are interesting and would mesh well with the other ones, possible creativity, etcetera.

There's alot of factors to consider, but it's not like we go all sciency about it :P We just talk, see which ones we like, argue for the ones we like, so on. There's still a few writing SUs, but we've had a good chat about the ones already here.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I don't really understand what this RP is about. The story just mentions where you begin, not what the players will actually be doing. Would you mind giving a little hint?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Hrmh, I don't want to spoil too much... suffice to say that there'll be bending, there'll be fighting, times for relaxing and getting to properly know one another... and obviously, some badguys to go around. Again, I don't want to spoil anything, and Swifty's really the one in charge of the story. You'll of course have your own reason for being in the city, and possibly your own agenda for what you'll want to do. Although that might be interrupted, or at least delayed ;P

Tell me though, what would you -want- out of an RP like this? I think that with your (Or anyone else's) answer, we'll be able to much better tailor the RP to everyone's tastes.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hmm. I think I would like to be able to flesh out a character in regards of bending and shape powers that are fun to write about, and get some nice scenarios and plot to navigate through. Lots of direction :) But that's just me, haha. And I might not even get in. I would have loved to be an Air Bender, see :p What does the misc bender do?

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Sorry to have called mod dibs on the airbender :P I just didn't really feel much for the other benders in terms of what I think I'd want to be.

As for being able to flesh out a character, both bending-wise, and... well, character-wise, that's definitely a possibility. There'll be fights, that you -would- just be able to run from, if your character was of that mindset, and there'll also be times where you can just go about and do your own thing in the city, with or without other of the people here. We'll put obstacles and enemies in your path, as well as opportunities to grow or at least -change- as a person, don't you worry about that! :D

As for the misc bender... it's pretty much a joker card. Once Swifty and I'll have picked one of each bender, we'll also look at who might fit the Avatar spot the best. Not in terms of 'who has the best SU', it's not a competition. We just look at personality and a couple of other things and that's basically who the misc bender is gonna be. The Avatar :P

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Just a suggestion from what I would want from the RP *if I get accepted.

Everything you said was spot on, such as times when we will be able to do whatever we want, walk around, get know each other. As long as it is not completely up to us most of the time(sandbox), I think this RP will do extremely well. My only question is there will be some sort of tournaments in the RP? I know that there's Pro-Bending, but will we be able to battle other players in the arena?

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Don't worry I have a cigarette and blind fold ready for when Geras' SU is done XD

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
@Jegretis: There will be times where you/we can bounce about the city and do what we want, but I'd say that 'most' of the time, there'll be events that the characters will have a hard time ignoring, and as such, that'll be a little bit 'railroad'-y.

As for tournaments? Well, it's not exactly easy to get into the Pro Bending circuit, considering you need a team of three different kinds of benders, metal benders aren't allowed, unless they solely do earth bending, and there's an entry fee, etcetera, etcetera.

However! There's always sparring, or non-Pro Bending-Arena type stuff. I imagine there are training halls or the like situated around the city, or maybe even a 'fight club' style thing (Though obviously not as shady :P), so you'd probably be able to find an arena somewhere in the city where you and a couple of the others (Or even 1-on-1) can get themselves a fight done in a near-proper Pro Bending arena.

P.S. If my replies don't make any sense, forgive me and just tell me what you're confused by xD

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
No your answers were good. I actually prefer the more linear route than sandbox. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Trust me, I know how... unfocused a sandbox RP can be. It won't be us just letting you guys free and doing what you want in the entirety of the RP. As I said, you'll be able to, like, go find a restaurant and get a bite to eat or go do something else on your own at some point, but we'll try to have stuff happening as often as possible to keep you guys... 'doing' something, you could say.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Back from today's trip. I like what I see so far. Now I hope I'll get accepted.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Xiu Lim

Element: Metal

Additional weapon:
Xiu keeps a slingshot she's had since she was a child with her with which she uses small metal balls as ammo and coins whenever she runs out of metal balls.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Xiu's physical build is less than stellar, her height and weight falling at an average 5'4" and a light 108 lbs. There isn't very much muscle on her petite form considering that she spends most of her time with books and other types of desk-work but she doesn't really need muscle in the first place. She does her best to keep herself clean and presentable, thus she always ensures that her skin is smooth and flawless, her long black hair is well taken care of, and that her makeup is never in excess. Her eyes are typical earthbender green and her teeth are a pearly white.

Since learning to sew, Xiu has created formal and elegant outfits for herself from inexpensive materials (read: knock-offs) so she often dresses nicely. She'll wear these outfits everywhere without worry of getting them too dirty or torn because if she does, she can simply make more (although she isn't going to run around with a dirty, torn outfit). Typically she can be seen wearing ornately decorated dresses with the green-and-yellow earth color scheme. While she owns a variety of dress styles for different occasions, she prefers to opt for the more formal look.

Personality:

Xiu has always been very precocious, thinking and worrying about things a person her age shouldn't. She was always questioning the "what" and "why" of things. Why does it rain? What is the nature of morality? Why are some people born benders and others not? While more noticeable as a young child, she is still considered "wise for her years" by those around her. Due to this, Xiu rarely spends time on fun or hanging out with friends and can often be found studying, learning new skills (such as drawing, writing, sewing, and operating telegraphs, among others), or reading, the latter not entirely being for leisure but also for educational purposes such as increasing her vocabulary and further developing her own ideas. She likes reading philosophical works in particular and often compares the ideas of authors to each other or even her own. Any free time not spent buried in books or dealing with others she often just uses to think and reflect about pretty much anything that comes to mind.

When interacting other people, Xiu makes an effort to maintain a bright and positive image that is charismatic and liked by most. She'll approach with smiles and handshakes, her words full of enthusiasm. For the most part this is a front, though. A specific face worn to fit the situation. In reality she finds it difficult to care about other people's lives and sympathize with them. While there are several people who would whole-heartedly call her their friend, there isn't a single person who Xiu would honestly consider hers. It's not exactly that she dislikes people, she just doesn't really see point to it. Her views on things would be called cynical by most people, but she prefers to think of herself as a realist.

Xiu looks out at the world and observes. She'll analyze and evaluate, find whatever information she can, but this isn't as a means to an end rather she just loves to learn new things. She believes that curiosity is a vital part of what it is to be human. When she observes people Xiu judges them based on what she sees. She may be having a friendly conversation with someone while her mind is processing things like "he doesn't know about X", or "he is evidently biased towards Y".

Concerning fights, Xiu avoids them whenever she can. She has little to no combat skills and instead prefers to use her words and charisma to prevent fights from having a reason to break out in the first place. If she is drawn into one with no way out, however, she will use all the tools at her disposal, the most important of them her intellect, to escape. She isn't interested in winning any fights. To her, brawlers and thugs could be doing much better things with their lives. She didn't have any particular taste for pro-bending either, but she understood that the players were earning good money through what they did.

Brief History:
Spoiler:

Sample Roleplay:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Alright, we've gotten just about every person who wanted to make an SU to finish theirs. Just a couple more. However!

Swifty and I have been talking, and we wanted to hear who here would be willing to switch to the opposite gender. We feel the ratio from boys to girls will be pretty skewed no matter who we pick, so we just wanted to hear who would be up for changing their character around a little. I don't want you just changing your SU right away, I'm just checking to see if you'd be -willing- to, and think you could pull it off, in case you'd be picked :)

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
Usually I'd be able to do that, but Angelique really can't be anything but a girl. :/ Besides, I'm not very good at roleplaying as a guy, so yeah haha. Sorry. If it's really absolutely must-happen, I could definitely give it a go. But like I said, I roleplay girls better than I do guys, so... yeah.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Actually PJ, I'm pretty sure there a more boys than girls. (correct me if I'm wrong BTW)

I could work with my character being a girl, just gotta think of a newer name, apart from that nothing really to change.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Yeah, Fox's got it right. In total, there's been like, 2 girl-SUs and more like... 8 boy-SUs XD So the problem is too little girls. Glad to hear you're willing to change things around, Fox! I'd love to hear from everyone else too.

And hey, for those of you who love making SUs; Feel free to send a 'new' SU with your female character to myself via a PM. This is only if you want to, and you don't even have to change anything in your current SU, other than making it a girl, although some of you might want to rework the personality, or something else. This is totally optional, and only for those who love writing SUs ;P

Back