• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Silver Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hi Victorspvl! How's Pokemon Silver Chronicle going? Well, I guess I really made a mistake for persuading you to revealing your work on Pokecommunity. Even though I'm happy with the support I have received so far, I have to confess that Pokecommunity is a site filled with jealousness, animosity and intentions.

Yes, I'm just a game developer. I don't watch pokemon anime, I don't participate in online pokemon battle/trades with others, and I don't discuss real world issues on this board as well. You will learn that I'm telling the truth if you ever search my posts one by one, almost none of them are irrelevant to game development. All I have been trying to do is to create a game, a game that I can play, my friends can play, and any other gamers can play...

I used to believe that I can stay out of troubles. I don't expect everyone to like me and my project, but I don't wish anyone of them to hate and behave hostilely on Pokemon HOF. Unfortunately, I'm wrong. There are just too many people on this site, and inevitably you will have to face vallains. They may be cynical, jealous or simply abnormal, but they are sparing no efforts bashing on you and your game. Their opinions are based on nothing, but they are causing the entire community to turn against you. They don't have evidence to prove their "theory", but we can't prove our innocence as well.

My game, for instance, has become a project to "wipe out any other fan games in order to rule the Game Dev Forum", just because someone's malicious post in my co-worker Moose's thread. I already explained this to someone like Pokemon OI that I have no intention to make Pokemon HOF the only existing game on Pokecommunity, and the good news is that he seemed to have understood. However, I'm unable to explain it to everyone, and I'm sure some of them won't listen. It's just like Judges won't listen to the defense from someone who's accused of being a murderer, even if he is actually innocent. I hope you can understand my point as well. Please don't regard Pokemon HOF as a project trying to "clean the board" like some people do.

What will you do if you're trapped in a situation like this? Well, it's good that you don't participate and post frequently on this site. Most people still don't know you and Pokemon Silver Chronicle, so you are less likely to become the target for the Vallains. I suggest you keep your work on that Brazilian website. I don't understand Portuguese but I can tell it's great, a website for people to discuss games. At least no one is being mean to you and your game. I will watch your Pokemon Silver Chronicles video on youtube whenever you release a new one. Please also inform me if you have an official site for Pokemon silver chronicles. I promise I will check it out whenever I have time.

I must thank you again for inspiring my own project -- Pokemon HOF. It's you who convinced me that a multi-region game is attainable, and now I'm stick to it. Have a great weekend!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Thanks HOF.

One new screen, with the BIG IDEA of the game, one partner, maybe a girlfriend??
=)
(The char of Dawn will be changed)

screen of Rustboro City

capture035ay8.png

capture038nx6.png

We need spriter.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Thanks HOF.

One new screen, with the BIG IDEA of the game, one partner, maybe a girlfriend??
=)
(The char of Dawn will be changed)

screen of Rustboro City

capture035ay8.png

capture038nx6.png

We need spriter.

lol a girlfriend... I personally consider Crystal/Marina to be a legit girlfriend of Gold/Jimmy, but it looks quite interesting in this screenshot. Good work, Victorspvl, and please keep this up!
:)

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2011
I have to say this game, like HOF, looks very good. But, when i launch beta2, it comes up with an error message saying "invalid access to memory location", can somebody help me out here???

Juhnke

- Heliowalton
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 13, 2016
Hey victorspvl.

This game looks very nice.

If you need a spriter, I can do some sprites! I'm not great but I can still do some stuff.

Also, if you need a translator, I could probably translate it for you. I have a few things on my computer that can translate nicely and a few books with translating (dictionary with stuff like portuguese -> english and stuff).

It wouldn't be great but at least the game would be in english. Then you would have a nice start on the translated version.

Anyway, if you're interested, just send me a PM.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hey victorspvl.

This game looks very nice.

If you need a spriter, I can do some sprites! I'm not great but I can still do some stuff.

Also, if you need a translator, I could probably translate it for you. I have a few things on my computer that can translate nicely and a few books with translating (dictionary with stuff like portuguese -> english and stuff).

It wouldn't be great but at least the game would be in english. Then you would have a nice start on the translated version.

Anyway, if you're interested, just send me a PM.

Well victorspvl told me that he didn't intend to make an English version for Pokemon Silver Chronciles until the entire game is completed, but you can definitely PM him if you're so interested in helping him out.

Juhnke

- Heliowalton
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 13, 2016
This isn't Brazil, this isn't America: this is the internet, and common internet rules apply no matter where you live. Using online resources of any kind, for any purpose, without permission or without crediting the author is frowned upon pretty much everywhere in cyberspace.

Actually, different countries have different internet laws, just like all other laws.

In India they have arranged marriages, in other places it is frowned upon.

So don't be harsh on him. It's not like he studies other countries laws.

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
Actually, different countries have different internet laws, just like all other laws.

In India they have arranged marriages, in other places it is frowned upon.

So don't be harsh on him. It's not like he studies other countries laws.

Copyright/plagiarism laws are enforced across national boundaries. Just because some countries have more plagiarists than others doesn't mean the people in those countries are any less guilty.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
what level golbat,electrabuzz andpoliwhil for politoed evolui?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2010
someone help me when ever i try to play the game it sais invalid location to memory if anyone knows anything about thin pls tell me.

if aynone can help me send me a mesage it will be greatly apreciatated,

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
On windows vista you have to change game.exe properities. Run this program with compatibility mode for windows xp sp2 and run it as administrator. Also you have to change file game.ini. Second line shoud be
Library=RGSS102E.dll

now enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back