• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A Beginner's guide to inserting d/p sprites into a gba rom(No need to outline)

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2011
Hi. I followed all steps, but unLZ told me "IMAGE NOT INDEXED"!
I am using a 64 x 64 Zigzagoon sprite with a cyan background color.
I have Windows 7.
Thx in advance!

Windows 7 Paint refuses to accept the image as " indexed ". I suggest you download PAINT.NET and Go from there. Also this goes to everyone having the problem of pasting the unindexed image over the indexed image. Download PAINT.NET and your problems should be solved.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2013
I edited chimchar and a patch of the background colour appeared behind chimchar.Is it because i messed up at irfanview?

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2012
Hey guys! I was experimenting and Idk if someone already posted this but you know how that outline always shows up that matches the background? Well to get rid of it instead of stretching/skewing your sprite then saving it don't. Instead just give it a background color and save a copy (or just save the image but I make copies just in case). Then do the steps you would in infranview, decreasing color depth, etc., then you stretch and skew both images (don't worry if the indexed one looks weird) copy the non indexed image and paste it into the indexed image and viola! No outline! But you still may have to do a bit of editing depending on the sprite and its pallete...

Hoped this helped some people and sorry if it's a little unclear =)

Last edited:

pokenerd00

Pokémon Veteran
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2012
just one question. How do u change the NAME of the Pokemon?

You need to download a program called YAPE 0.9 (Yet Another Pokemon Editor). This can be found at swamperttools.com. It edits just about everything but the sprite of a pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2021
I followed the instructions, but all i get is something like this.
I don't know what to do.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
is there a way to put pokemon from generations 4+5 into a fire red rom?

without replacing another pokemon?

Last edited:

Bilaterus

ToBe Best Spriter ;)
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2012
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but:

I did not need to do the whole free space finder since I used Pichu and I guess it doesn't need space or whatever,

I still remembered to export the palette too and it's evident in the colors,

Although what remains is a small blue outline, similar to the color I used as a background,

If there's any more information I should add just ask
Thanks in advance :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
Don't worry found out what I did wrong and thanx btw for the tutorial...........now I must find out how to make a region's(like edit it) if any of you guys know where a tutorial for that is I will greatly appreciate it....

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 2, 2021
Well to be honest I used photoshop cs3 with same method you can say almost but the picture somewhat gets ruined. Would paint really be better than photoshop?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Well to be honest I used photoshop cs3 with same method you can say almost but the picture somewhat gets ruined. Would paint really be better than photoshop?

Why are you still using this method, I don't mean to offend but you just download a pre made sprite(there all are available and are made usable for gba) and put in through g3hs.

Years
It doesn't work at all. I did ALL the directions as well as i could, and I got NOTHING. It just says it isn't indexed. Why does NOTHING work when I need it to?

Back