• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pokéathlon

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
In HeartGold and SoulSilver, we've seen a new feature make its debut known as "Pokéathlon." It was supposedly inspired by Pokémon Contests from D/P/Pt and R/S/E, and offers a variety of mini-games for you to play. By participating, you get Suron Points, which could later be exchanged for prizes. Anyway, what's your overall opinion on this? Did you like it? What was your favorite game? What Pokémon did you use while playing? If you didn't like it, then why didn't you—what made you dislike Pokéathlon? d:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
Personally, I loved the Pokeathlon. It was a lot of fun! It's hard for me to name my favorite game because I really liked them all. My go-to team for the Pokeathlon was always Celebi for skills, Ninjask for speed, and Dragonite for strength. I really hope they bring Pokeathlon back, or at least a version of it.

The only thing I didn't like was the friggin' confusing, convoluted Aprijuice system. My god that is the most complicated thing I've ever had to deal with. I tried taking advantage of it to optimize my Pokemon's stats, but I kept messing up and eventually ran out of Apricorns, so I just gave up on it :P

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
Ugh, I'm sorry, but I really really hated the Pokeathlon, and I hated that it was one of the necessary requirements for getting a black trainer card. I'm horrible at mini-games that require good reflexes, so there were a lot of things that I simply wasn't skilled enough to do. :( I liked contests a lot more.

Years
I actually really like it! There was one course that I absolutely loved to go through.. strength, maybe? The block smash minigame was addicting but my all time favorite was the dashing one, methinks. Ohh boy I can play those all day. :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Personally, I loved it. :3 I found it to be pretty entertaining, and would spend time there whenever I had nothing better to do. All mini-games were addictive and unique in their own ways, but my most favorite would definitely be block-smash. Another's pennant-capture. Would've been nice if there were more games, but, it's all right--not a big deal.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I loved the pokeathlon! I probably spent a good chunk of my gameplay time in there. I mostly used whatever pokemon that were in my party at the time, its where my hm slaves got there most action :P my favorite game was relay run, this was mainly because the pokemon looked so cute running.

Silri

Kimono Girl
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
I think that Pokeathlon is awesome fun. My personal favorites are the Hurdle Dash, Ring Drop and Relay Run. My worst would have to be Goal Roll. I suck pretty hard at it. :3c

I hope they eventually bring something back like this in the future. It's a really fun and engaging take on Pokemon competitions.

Tek

Years
I really like Pokeathlon. I wish we still had contests too, but meh. It's good to have a way to play with your pokemon that is different from battling.

I like the block smashing one a lot. I've got a few pokemon that just dominate heheh. The race one frustrates the crap out of me because I often can't make the pokemon do what I want it to.

I don't often bother with aprijuice. I don't often need it :D

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
It was a fantastic addition! It added more depth to the game and I really, really enjoyed participating in all the challenges and trials. The slab smashing mini game was great fun and I also loved the relay. Aprijuice was also a nice feature to work in conjunction with the PokeAthlon, despite myself not really utilizing it that much. XD

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
God I wish the Pokeathlon was a feature that stuck with the future games. I loved playing it so much. The only games I hate were the Flag Relay and the Snowball fights. My favorites were definitely the slab smashing one and the one where you had a relay race. I hope they bring back those minigames for Amie in the XY2!

Anuya

Hoenn's Elite Four pretender
Years
Very very good addition to this remake of Pokémon Gold/Silver/Crystal muahaha.
God knows how long I spent on the Pokéathlon, but I fumed a lot when I didn't win after several tests lol.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Being the manly man I am, I liked the concept of the Pokéthlon much more than the contests in any case. The minigames were great and the prizes were really helpful for that point of the game.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
I really love the Pokeathlon! :3 It's adorable to play minigames with your favourite Pokemon and get daily Items to win in return! Really came in handy! I liked the concept, they should so more with these kind of things, to win evolution stones for example. Sure, we have Pokemon Amie now, that's fun too, but... I liked the challenges in the Pokeathlon more, because you had more variety in the minigames and you could even challenge Gym Leaders and their Pokemon at one point! :3

Back