• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obligatory Favorite Character Thread

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Since there isn't a fanclub for the Pokemon Special manga (or any of the other mangas), there isn't a place for people to currently speak of their favorite character. So, for any of the Pokemon Mangas, who would be your favorite?

Many people who knew me in the past would know that my favorite in Pokemon Special is Red (in fact, I called myself PC's #1 Red Fan in the past, haha~). While it make not show as much anymore, Red is still definitely my favorite character of Pokemon Special. There are... countless reasons as to why he's my favorite, but to avoid countless paragraphs, I'll just simply say that he's an amazing main character... and he's cute/hot.

I haven't really read any of the other mangas, but I love Bulbasaur and Eevee from Pokemon Magical Journey. Though most of the Pokemon are adorable in that manga.

JB2448

A Giant Slice of Pecan Pie
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Dia is my favorite protagonist, seeing as how Kusaka put a lot of thought into the actual development of the character as the seventh arc went on. My favorite antagonist would have to be Sird, for hopefully obvious reasons.

chamo-chan

Plush maker :U
Years
Lesse.
I have two favorite characters (One if from Pokemon Special, the other one is from DPA!)

Special: You guys should know this, but my favorite happens to be Yellow. She's really interesting to me, and I think she's pretty adorable.

DPA!: Mitsumi. Her back story as a member of Team Galactic really made me like her, because of how hard she tries to break away from her dark past. She's also pretty hilarious at times.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
I have so many favorite characters. Boy character would have to be Ruby, Pearl, and Diamond. My favorite female would be Yellow. For the DPA series I love Jun in this one. He is so funny.

shadowmoon

The Fresh Snow Trainer
Years
gah, too many
my favorites, i have to say are:
silver: i love his backstory and how he seems to always darker than the other pokedex holders
red: obvious <3
green: again, obvious <3
ruby: i started liking his character after rereading the rse arc again. i noticed all the hints the authors put in about his battling abilities, since the beginning with the serviper.
dia: lovable ol' chap
blue: 'nuff said

from dpa!, i also like mitzumi. (although i think the "main girl character's" outfit doesn't suit her as much as the galactic outfit)

Years
I have to favorites: Sappire and Crystal.

Sapphire: tomboy (I like most of the tomboyish anime/manga characters), strong personality, a very knowledgeable person and quite nice and caring.
Crys: she's the most original character in Pokemon Special. No one except her can catch so many pokemon.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
My favorite Pokespe character is red for male pokedex holder, Sapphire for female pokedex holder and Giovanni is for the antagonist

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Don't mind meee, just sticking this~ ^__^

BTW my favourite character is a tie between Blue and Red~
Red is pretty awesome in general, and Blue is pretty calm and collected. <3

Years
So far, having gotten two badges into the R/S arc, I'd have to say that Red and Blue (by Blue I mean the girl) are my favorites thus far. I can't really pinpoint exactly why, but I just like them a little more than the rest of the protagonists. Probably because Red is such a BAMF and because Blue has really grown as a character since she first appears in the story.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2012
I absolutely adore Ruby. <3 And Gold of course. <3 And not just because they're hot. Green is cool too. Dia is adorable and I like his personality: slow, but steady, you know he'll always be there. It reminds me of the element earth. Of course, there's also the one and only Red. I like a lot of characters in PokeSpe. Yellow is pretty cute and I heart Gold's Pichu. XD Oh, and I forgot Silver.

PunxsatownyPhil

The guy who still uses a GBC
Years
Ruby actually kind of annoys me, sometimes. Note the "sometimes." Yellow is my favorite, but I really like most of the characters.

Ruhn

Breeder
Years
mine are... well it's hard for me to tell but i like red and yellow. from the pokemon characters it would be mewto (he's the coolest :D)

Iditarod

Wandering Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2011
I haven't read all of PokeSpe yet, but so far my favorites are...

Dex Holders:

-Green (boy) (My favorite Dex Holder. 'Nuff said.)
-Blue (girl) She's the perfect good-hearted protagonist-meets-devious trickster. Plus without her, Green would have nobody. And that would be sad.

Non-Dex Holders:

-Bill, because he makes me LOL a lot. His accent is a win.
-Lance, because he's just a beast in general and so are his Pokemon. And even though he's evil, he's got the Viridian Forest's healing power, so I could totally see him turning over a new leaf (although I know that won't happen in the manga, Nice thought, though...)

...And that's all for now. I'm only on the G/S/C arc, so once I get farther, I'll probably update this. Gold is showing some potential.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
Why haven't I posted in this yet.

Out of the 'Dex Holders:

1. Ruby
When I first read Ruby's and Sapphire's descriptions on Serebii, I loved Sapph and hated Ruby. When I read the RS arc, that reversed. Ruby has been one of my favorites since, and I love him because of his personality and I love his Pokemon. I also love pretty much any fanart of him, even if it's Frantic.

2. Gold
Let me be honest: I hated Gold when I first read the GSC arc. I found him obnoxious and not that great a character. Then I read the Emerald arc. Gold was still kind of obnoxious (OK, maybe kind of is an understatement, but he wasn't as obnoxious as I found him in the GSC arc), but he cracked me up. I now really like him a lot, and I think his personality's awesome.

3. Pearl and Black
I...love the DPPt rival. I really do. Pearl is the first rival in the manga to be named something other than his default name (Jun/Barry, take your pick). I'm also more fond of the tsukkomi (the straight man; typically short-tempered) than the boke (the simpleton; see: Dia), but maybe that's my inner sadist speaking. Pearl's also got a really great personality, and it isn't completely based off that of Jun's/Barry's.

As for Black, I know he's like your typical shounen hero, but I loved him from the moment he was introduced. Maybe it was because he took on a general stereotype as opposed to the other "main" 'Dex Holders of their arcs (Red was rather carefree, Yellow was timid, Gold was a jerk, Ruby was a priss, Emerald was quirky, and Dia was a glutton). I honestly am not too keen on how he has a freaking Braviary AND Galvantula so early in the series, but eh.

Out of the Side Characters:

1. Courtney/Marge
You can't deny that she wasn't an awesome Magma Grunt. In fact, she's what made me love Team Magma more than I did before. Her attitude, her secret, her overall personality... I just really love her.

2. Wally
RSE had Wally as a sickly boy, but if you ask me, he didn't really seem all that sickly. However, the manga did a good job portraying his personality, and he was really wickedly awesome near the end.

3. Norman and Professor Oak
Both were so much more badass than their game counterparts. Norman might have been a jerk to Ruby, but he really cared about his well-being despite appearances. And Oak evolved (pun intended) from an old guy who sent kids on a journey to an old guy who kicks butt in battles and whatnot.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
For so long Gold was my favorite character - No kidding, he still is now.
Being a digimon fan right before I started reading PokeSpec didn't help when I saw he had a pair of goggles on his head. I don't know why but I guessed I liked him because he was a lot my personality - Choosing Cyndaquil as a starter, skateboarding, playing billiards.
Also the fact that my first game on the game boy was Crystal I enjoyed his storyline so much in PokeSpec. Haha ever since I started reading that arc I would call my pokemon "Ataro", "Explotaro" etc

I guess ever since B/W (Haven't read much of it yet though) I've also started to like Black. I just love hist outgoing hot-blooded personality although I have to say I was sorta disappointed when he had a Tepig instead of a Oshawott. Haven't built up enough to say he's my favorite character... but he's getting there

Rival-wise my favorite character is Green. I would say a tie with Pearl but I haven't read much of the D/P/PL arc... I mostly read the unrelated Pokemon Adventures with Hareta and Jun.
Mainly because of rivalry between Red but also because of how his progression of maturity throughout the whole of PokeSpec

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you knew me when I joined PC and you know my old username and you remember that wonderful avatar I had back then...

Well what I'm getting at is that my favorite character is Silver. Or well, he used to be. I probably like Green more now tbh. :x (This is the part where everyone kills me.) Silver's still up there, but ehhh. I don't know what happened. XD He just slid down. But yeah, Green and Silver are my favorites.

As far as girls go, definitely Blue. Just cause.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday

PokéSpe: I like them all really, although I don't like Crystal and Platinum as much. Don't get me wrong, I like them, just something about them irritates me. Particularly Crystal. Honestly, when she got all upset and couldn't capture, I didn't even blink. Whereas when Red lost his will to battle, or Sapphire started wearing leaves again...that was emotional.

Overall though, my favourite character is Ruby. I like how he's kinda flawed, being incredibly vain, and a bit of a prick to Sapphire, for example pretending to forget all that stuff he said to her (I'd be extremely shocked if he honestly did forget). I also like most of his team. Swampert, Mightyena, Kirlia (here's hoping for a Gallade! Although Gardevoir would suit him more), Milotic are all brilliant. Minun is cool, particularly as you get one in Pokémon Ranger. Delcatty and Castform are cool too. I know I'm forgetting one...oh wait, he had Celebi! I love how Celebi chose to go with him, presumably having seen the future, when it could've just as easily gone with Sapphire. The fact that he's a boy, yet good at contests is nice, and his incredible battling skill is another bonus. Despite losing to Emerald (and not winning in the other tournament), I honestly reckon he could defeat Red or Green if his pokémon were at similar levels.

Gold's probably my second-favourite, tied with Red (who has more pokémon I like - I don't like Sunflora).
So...yeah, Ruby ftw! xD

Back