• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Ash's Pikachu ever learn a new move?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'd be really disappointed if that move would be Electra Ball. And from those scans, it does seems to be that. I don't think the writers would give Pikachu 2 moves at one instance, so that has a very low chance of happening. Maybe Pikachu running in that yellowish-white aura is just some sort of charge-up or a part of Electra Ball's animation.

And if the writers had to replace a move, my bets are on Thunderbolt.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
Although I could see it as the light building up into a ball.

That's what I'm thinking. Or it's simply Pikachu tapping into more power. While Electra Ball may not be that powerful in the anime, I get the feeling the way Pikachu performs this move will be quite different than the general move.

An example would be Quick Attack. In the games you learn it fairly early and is not that powerful. Yet time and again Pikachu uses it with great strength and has won battles with it. May not be the same but I think this applies.

Years
Spoiler:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Even you should know, Regeneration, that there isn't any actual evidence that pokémon lose a move if they already have four. The anime =/= games...
Spoiler:

Years
Even you should know, Regeneration, that there isn't any actual evidence that pokémon lose a move if they already have four. The anime =/= games...
Spoiler:
I know that there isn't really a limit on the number of moves a Pokemon uses. But you must have noticed that a number of Pokemon generally have their moves limited to four. Maybe this isn't true, but has been applied well to Ash's Pikachu at least.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
I'm honestly surprised that it hasn't learned Return yet. Then again, one attack would eliminate almost any Pokémon, so where would the fun be in that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back