• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
I'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BACCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW it has been so long since i was here it feels good in terms of an update i caught a shiny caterpie recently...so that means i have 3 shiny bug types...I think I've found my challenge:Get all Shiny Bug Types.
EDIT: gonna add Butterfree to my sig

Last edited:
Years
Congrats on the Woobat and the Butterfree!

Just wondering - do Rumble shinies count for monthly/yearly quests? I just found a Shiny Pidgeot on my Rumble after only about 25 run-throughs! I wasn't even looking for a shiny, I was trying to beat the game. My first random shiny, lol...! Hopefully my luck will continue with Johto starters. Gonna hatch a few Eevee eggs today.

Pics & video will be up later!

Click here or look in the spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

DACALSTA

Shiny Bug Hunter [4/69]
Years
Right so considering all my shinys have been RE'd by simple playthrough....I gonna start playing through LG/FR to see if i can get one...I might try a challenge where i use only Bug Types...Might work...

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Originally Posted by G-Money
The May Monthly Quest!!

It's the month of May! I don't know why they named a month after May (Brock totally deserves to have a month named after him), but we're going to celebrate all of Ash's companions!

To complete this month's Quest, find two shinies who were at one point owned by Ash or one of his companions! You can acquire it in any evolutionary stage - for example, Grimer will count for the Quest, even though Ash only had Muk.

You can find a list of the Pokemon they've owned here: http://www.serebii.net/anime/characters/

The contest lasts until midnight EST on June 1st, 2013.

Good luck and have fun!

(I'll make my personal post later on when I have more time!)

I'm gonna have a go at this quest as it sounds really fun. I do have one question though do pokemon that Ash and his companions caught in the Pokemon Manga (Electric tale of Pikachu) count as well? Sorry if it sounds like a bit of a stupid question.

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Platinum strikes again with the Pokeradar. My first atempt at chaining this week ends succesfully with me finding a Shiny Corsola after reaching the magic number 40. It looks amazing. Probably going to put all concentration on Dialga now as I really want too continue with the story mode of my Diamond version.
*Caught 5/5/2013 9:01 AM*

Stats and Nature
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2013
Hey, im Leafblade77 i would like to join your Shiny Club, Shinys i have found are: Shiny Zubat, Shiny Buneary, Shiny Snivy and a Shiny Herdier. I am currently hunting Shiny Darkrai.

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Congrats to Kitori for winning the April Monthly Quest!

Just as some news, I have been working on the xat chat so there are now pages such as FAQs, contest info and a comments page on there. There is also a brand new background on the chat itself and behind it. Hopefully the revamp will attract some to chat there :3

Also, I'm going to be taking shiny hunters club promotional image requests for a bit. I do have school so they may not be done instantaneously, but if you want a personalised shiny collection trainer card/userbar/whatever for your signature, or an avatar or profile pic or pretty much anything, be sure to PM me! :D

Thanks, TSE! You've done a really great job maintaining the chat and making it all cool and everything. :) It even has Monthly Quest information and stuff!!

You can find the chat here: http://xat.com/PokeCommunityShinyHuntersClub !

Just wondering - do Rumble shinies count for monthly/yearly quests?

Sorry, just shinies from the main games. Congrats on the Pidgeot, though!

I do have one question though do pokemon that Ash and his companions caught in the Pokemon Manga (Electric tale of Pikachu) count as well?

I was going to count just the ones from the anime, but if you guys wanted to hunt some from the manga, we could put up a poll or something to see what everybody wants to do.

Congrats! Unfortunately, I'm afraid that won't count for the Monthly Quest - chained shinies aren't counted for the Quests, since the odds can go up to 1/200. But to make it fair, it'll count if you get the equivalent of a 1/8192 shiny; so go catch 41 shiny Corsola!! :pink_laugh:

I drew pictures of all my shinies to put in my signature

Those are really awesome!!!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Really really want a shiny this April.. two months in a row without a shiny would not be good!

*hugs Druddigon from September*
G-Money is hurt by Rough Skin!

Last edited:
Years
Welcome to the club Leafblade! I recongnise your name, do you have a shiny pokemon youtube or something? Haha

@G-Money

Thanks! I hope it serves everyone for a good time! Haha :D
Thanks for the congrats
Nuu D: But you see, G has important things to be doing as well as hunting and doesn't get shinies, TSE at that point was doing nothing but hunting and not getting shinies, lol!

Last edited:

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
@ G-Money: Thanks~!

@Leafblade77: Welcome to the club and good luck on your hunt~

@Spritingyoshi22: Congrats on the corsola!

@TSE: Congrats on the rumble Pidgeott! I've never played rumble myself and now I'm kind of interested in going back and playing it... it looks pretty fun~

@DACALSTA: Welcome back!

@Kirozane: Congrats on the woobat! It's so cute with it's green color~ I think Mint is the perfect name. :3

@TSE & FishyFins: I'm thinking about doing a badge quest too now that you guys have been talking about it! I had been intending on doing a monotype challenge but I'm more interested in shinies and think this would be more fun for me... Should we do something for the club with this? I was thinking about starting a thread in the challenge forum since there doesn't appear to be one yet...

Blaze the Cat

Life hurts, and so do I
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
*hugs Druddigon from September*
G-Money is hurt by Rough Skin!

I have had about a two year drought (not counting the lost Tentacool) and maybe more. I have found a total of two shinies the whole time since I joined the club. Anyone wanna compete for longest drought?

Oh, and I joined the chat a bit ago and the profile thing completely freaked me out. I didn't know what was going on.

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Oh, and I joined the chat a bit ago and the profile thing completely freaked me out. I didn't know what was going on.

What do you mean? I'm on chat for the first time in a while and I saw you sign in. :P I tried to say 'hi' but you were gone.

Years
@ G-Money: Thanks~!

@Leafblade77: Welcome to the club and good luck on your hunt~

@Spritingyoshi22: Congrats on the corsola!

@TSE: Congrats on the rumble Pidgeott! I've never played rumble myself and now I'm kind of interested in going back and playing it... it looks pretty fun~

@DACALSTA: Welcome back!

@Kirozane: Congrats on the woobat! It's so cute with it's green color~ I think Mint is the perfect name. :3

@TSE & FishyFins: I'm thinking about doing a badge quest too now that you guys have been talking about it! I had been intending on doing a monotype challenge but I'm more interested in shinies and think this would be more fun for me... Should we do something for the club with this? I was thinking about starting a thread in the challenge forum since there doesn't appear to be one yet...

If anyone wants to add me on Skype (I'm TheShiny Eevee it should say from UK) I'm racing with a youtuber called GlasstheDragon in my HG/SS badgequest. We're starting the race tomorrow starting with starters. If anyone wants to join that I'd love to add more people to the race^^ I'll certainly post in a challenge thread if one gets made!

On topic: I hatched about 100 Eevee eggs today. No cigar. I'm not sure if I'll continue hatching tomorrow or keep going with my starters hunt for the race. I think if I get a starter before GTD in the race then I'll continue Eevee before he gets one, but saying that I really want Eevee for my 50 sub special. Any suggestions? :/

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2013
I'm continuing on my quest for a shiny starter on HeartGold, but man it's taking longer than expected. Grinding away though, as I'm bound to hit one eventually. :) At least that's the theory. I'll probably grind a little more tonight, but may need a break to actually play a little on a different game. The constant resetting gets tiring after a while.

Good luck on everyone else's hunt. :D

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to all new members and congrats on all the new shinies!

This week's random hunt is... Omanyte!

I'm still working on my Pokédex on B2. I'm about half done.

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Oh geez! I missed a lot since that forum ran that random update. I got so busy I failed at get the torchic I worked so hard to hunt last week. Strange enough, I sat here for two hours Chaining Pichus when a shiny one popped up on me! Im trying to get my cam running to record me catching this puppy but this laptop's a built-in cam is a mystery to me. Im going to burst from excitement. Im just gonna have to get shots of it after its caught. I threw the ball now. x.x

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
Originally posted by G-Money
Congrats! Unfortunately, I'm afraid that won't count for the Monthly Quest - chained shinies aren't counted for the Quests, since the odds can go up to 1/200. But to make it fair, it'll count if you get the equivalent of a 1/8192 shiny; so go catch 41 shiny Corsola!!

Dangit. Oh well I guess it dosn't take the SHINE off Corsola. Anyway I don't think I'm gonna chain for a while as I've already completed my main goals which were: Get more shinys then the previous year and break my 3DS's hoodoo of no Shinys being found on it. Probably going to masuda for Hoothoot on Black version once Ralts decides to shine (Restarted that hunt, This time the Ditto is legit)

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I've honestly never encountered a legit shiny besides the guaranteed red gyrados in the one game. EVER.

Any shinies I have, I cheated lol

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
Hello guys,

First Id like to say I own just too many shinies to post them all here, however those are all pokeradared ones. I own 8 1/8192 pokemon however and that's what I will share since those have WAYYY more value.

1. Wurmple in RUBY (now Beautifly)
2. Wishmur in RUBY
3. Zigzagoon in RUBY
4. Machop in FIRE RED
5. Jigglypuff in FIRE RED
6. Spearow in FIRE RED
7. Abra in SOUL SILVER (game corner)
8. Ekans in SOUL SILVER

in DIAMOND i must have over 50 different shinies but they feel less accomplished.

I am currently soft resetting for a shiny Charmander in FIRE RED and Im at 1846 soft resets so far, however I am losing hope lol.

I also have WHITE version but no luck yet there, but I might try out the Masuda Method after I get Charmander;). Any tips on soft resetting starters? I kinda need a boost of motivation haha xD

Janske

Shinyhunter - Trance for life
Years
Ok I know double posting isn't allowed but i have great news!! I finally have that lovely yellow lizarddd. Shiny charmander is mine xD!! Took me exactly 2412 SR's so I can't complain that badly:D. I hope this Fire red will be a lucky file lol.

Also Thanks a lot for the sweet information at page 777 G Money. The resaving did the trick for me. I was at 2370 SRs when i did my 1st ever resave. Then at 2400 I did another resave and guess what 12 resets later he shines:D. So I am really thinking this works considering i failed 2370 SR's

I just thought I'd let you guys know;)

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
Oh snapz. Charmander was my very first Shiny, got it off LeafGreen. Its lost now. But I will get a new one in good time. Congrats dude! :]

Back