• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gaming Section - Interested?

Would you play flash games if they were made available here?

• Yes

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters

ash_pikachu_98

Prince of Pokemon
Years
As many of you are probably aware, there are many sites that offer some type of gaming option to help engage users and give them something extra to do outside of what their usual purpose is for visiting the site. As an example, Facebook is a social networking site designed to help keep people connected; however, they have a gaming section which doesn't help in that area.

It's pretty obvious options like games on a non-gaming site are available to users as a way to add more reasons to visit the site and in effect engaging members for longer periods of time (more ad revenue of course). In the end the ultimate goal should be to offer something that can help the site as well as the users.

Would you be interested in some type of internal gaming system made available on tPC, perhaps to Supporters only? This would basically be an area where you can play flash games of various types and compete against your friends, save high scores, view rankings of others, etc.

Please answer the poll and questions below! =)

1. Do you currently utilize the gaming section of a non-gaming site?
  2. Are you a member of any other forums that have a gaming section? Do you use it?
  3. Have you ever thought it would be nice if pokecommunity.com had a gaming section?
  4. If tPC did have a gaming section would you use it?
  5. What genre of games are you the most interested in?
  6. How old are you?
  7. What is your gender?
  8. Ethnicity?

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm ignoring the full questions but no.. I come on this site to be on a forum, and not a flash games website. I don't think that flash games are the main focus here (like it is a main focus on something like Neopets or Gaia) but I think PC is fine just the way it is and I wouldn't play them even if they were available.

Renegade

Time for real life...
Years
Answers:

1) No.

2) I am not a member of a forum that has a gaming section, but if I was, I would NOT play the games.

3) No, I come here to follow others' hacks and to answer questions on script problems.

4) No.

5) I am most interested in RPG's and RTS games.

6) Do I have to say...? Answer is on my profile page...

7) Male.

8) White.

Hope my feedback helps out PokeCommunity in some way!

Honest

Hi!
Years
I mean, we do have the Battle Server, which I tried out for the first time today. That counts as something, right? As for the idea of actually making games on the main forum or whatnot, I think it's unnecessary. The fact that this whole forum was build surrounding a video game seems damn good enough. A ton of people come here to play Pokemon on their DS systems, and that plus the Battle Server is probably the closest we'll ever get to having "games" on the site.

Oh, and one more thing, if people don't have a DS by chance, then go ahead and make a few friends. A much more social way to pass the time. Or go to the Battle Server I better be getting paid for these plugs.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Hey there,

Firstly, Other Voting Polls isn't for advertising or gauging interest in ideas for PokeCommunity - I think this might be better suited to the Supporters section if you're targeting it at supporters only.

Secondly, the Poll of the Week prefix is to be used for the Poll of the Week contest only. There isn't a way to code it so that only mods can see it, but it isn't to be put at the beginning of any thread.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure what to do with this so I'm going to lock it. If you want to retry it, I recommend the supporter area :)

Locked.

Years
Please answer the poll and questions below! =)

1. Do you currently utilize the gaming section of a non-gaming site?
  2. Are you a member of any other forums that have a gaming section? Do you use it?
  3. Have you ever thought it would be nice if pokecommunity.com had a gaming section?
  4. If tPC did have a gaming section would you use it?
  5. What genre of games are you the most interested in?
  6. How old are you?
  7. What is your gender?
  8. Ethnicity?

Uh, that Lock/Unlock of this thread makes me kind of worry about posting here but here are my answers:

1. No. I don't see a point of adding flash games to certain sites, including this one.
2. Yeah but I don't use it
3. Nope
4. Nope
5. RPG mainly but also shooting and puzzle
6. 20
7. Male
8. White

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
Do you currently utilize the gaming section of a non-gaming site? lol Facebook games.
Are you a member of any other forums that have a gaming section? Do you use it? PC is the only forum I go on.
Have you ever thought it would be nice if pokecommunity.com had a gaming section? I haven't thought about it.
If tPC did have a gaming section would you use it? I'd probably do it if I was bored, so I voted yes to the poll. I get bored a lot. I'm bored right now so that's why I'll filling out this little survey.
What genre of games are you the most interested in? Flamingo
How old are you? Flamingo
What is your gender? Flamingo
Ethnicity? Flamingo

That was fun.

ash_pikachu_98

Prince of Pokemon
Years
Lots of good feedback and responses. Keep it up!

Why would PC host flash games if it already slows to an absolute crawl so many times during the day? Sounds like wasted bandwidth to me. :(

Excellent point. Exactly the type of feedback that is useful when gaining an understanding of the general opinion/experience of users. What kind of resources would be required for a gaming section would definitely be something to consider even if there weren't already any existing concerns about latency.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I'm pretty sure he's asking about something like a arcade feature.

I'd be up for that. Might as well make it a supporter perk, might make some people consider donating.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
What is should be (in my twisted, dream world) is a gaming section which has games made by the users on here, I.E. the games made in game development, ROM hacks, the sort. Just my two cents

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
What is should be (in my twisted, dream world) is a gaming section which has games made by the users on here, I.E. the games made in game development, ROM hacks, the sort. Just my two cents

PokeCommunity doesn't host ROMs, nor does it allow the distribution of them from here, so ROM hacks would not be playable directly on the site. Also games from the Game Development forum would probably take up a lot of bandwidth or what not, so it would only be viable if they were made available to Supporters of a certain level. Though that'd bring up the problem of Copyright and Fair Use.

I wouldn't really support games on PokeCommunity myself as there isn't really any point. If you want to play a quick Flash game or what not, there are plenty of other places online in which you can do so already. In the end though, it's up to the higher staff whether or not they want to implement this, something similar, or nothing at all.

1. I used to play games on Facebook, but not any more
2. Nope
3. Nope
4. I'd probably poke around in it every now in then
5. RPGs (Like Pokemon)
6. 17
7. Male
8. Alien

Cid

Years
Do you currently utilize the gaming section of a non-gaming site?
The only website I ever recall visiting with this kind of gaming section would be Facebook, and I haven't really been playing any of that website's games currently. Maybe once or twice back when I had nothing else to do.

Are you a member of any other forums that have a gaming section? Do you use it?
PC's the only forum I'm active in, so I'm afraid not.

Have you ever thought it would be nice if pokecommunity.com had a gaming section?
I imagine it would slow down PC to a crawl, like many have said. Even moreso than it occasionally experiences already, so I wouldn't really like that. However, if the bandwidth issues weren't there, I think it would be nice. This kind of reminds me of the arcade events PC has during Get-Togethers, where people play a specific Flash game (Asteroid, Tetris, etc.) hosted on another site and try to beat each others' high scores. Those were fun events, for sure.

If tPC did have a gaming section would you use it?
I might. Not as often as I'd like to, but maybe outside of school days or busy weeks if I wanted to kill some time. I have tons of stuff to keep me busy, though. I wouldn't think a forum gaming section would be at the top of that list, to be quite honest.

What genre of games are you the most interested in?
For this sort of idea? Maybe arcade or simple, platformer games. Although I'm more of an RPG fan than anything, I'd rather play RPGs outside of my browser.

How old are you? 17. What is your gender? Male. Ethnicity? Filipino.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I use gaming sites for games, so nope.

I was a member of a forum with a gaming section and it went down really well, but the games were incredibly limited so it got stale quickly. Having high score competitions was a lot of fun though and the 'arcade section' to post about them in was, although somewhat spammy, a lot of fun and very active.

Have you ever thought it would be nice if pokecommunity.com had a gaming section?
Nope. PC is already slow enough as it is, I'm sure adding loads of flash games wouldn't help that and I'm more than happy to go to gaming sites to play games. There's just much more variety/quality etc :p

I probably would end up using it, yes!

In general mostly role play/adventure games, but I guess arcade games are most suited for a forum if anything.

asl 14/f/uk wbu bb call me sum tym xoxoox

Years
No.

No and no.

It could slow PC down as mentioned above because it would bring more traffic to the website, and the database of PC has enough problems as is when traffic gets too high.

I probably wouldn't since I am not much of a gamer.

Mostly roleplay games or action games, such as Pokémon and alike

How old are you?
Eighteen.

What is your gender?
Male.

Ethnicity?
I am American, having lived in Florida (specifically Tampa) for all my life.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
Absolute total definite no from me. Seems a waste of resources when we've got better things to be focussing on like fixing the lag, for example. In my experience, gimmicks like this tend to be cool for about 5 minutes then just become pretty ignored and pointless. For the sake of this thread, I'll go ahead and answer the poll.

No.

Yeah, I used to frequent a forum which introduced a gaming section. I used it for about five minutes then got bored of it, as did the rest of the userbase. It promptly became dead weight.

No.

No.

The kind that this forum focusses on discussing anyway.

How old are you?

What is your gender?
Why?

Ethnicity?
Why?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022

No.

Yes I do, infact one of them I only go on that section and nothing else.

No phulesse. Adding lot's of awful flash games would be a waste of time and would slog down the already slow loading times the site has.

Isn't this technically the same question as the one above?

RPGs.

How old are you?

Teenager

What is your gender?

Male

Ethnicity?

Wait, why does ethnicity matter when I'm talking about video games?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
1) No.
2) Yes, but I'm rarely on that forum, let alone playing its games.
3) No.
4) No.
5) A range of genres.
6) Irrelevant
7) Irrelevant
8) Irrelevant

Back