• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years of Lies [IC] [Best Veteran Q2 '12]

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Hi!!" Kerin spun around hastily, trying to cover up his failure, which didn't really work. You could easily smell the stench of smoke, especially with noses like theirs. He could probably smell smoke from last week in this room if the servants weren't so good at their jobs. And it wasn't like Marisa cared that much about Kerin's level of magic. He had told her how terrible he was, it wasn't like he was going to get better overnight. "Kerin-sama, I had more visions last night! Uuu. Wanna hear?"

"Sur--" he didn't get to finish before she moved on.

"We're gonna be dressed up really nice and go to an interview with a bunch of people! And we'll have designers! And---" she suddenly started laughing and glanced over at the front door. Kerin made a face as she placed her hand on his shoulder. What was going on? Kerin remembered for a second that she could see the future but... what? "I wish you luck with him, Kerin-sama?"

"What?"

"Anyways, we're gonna have this big meal afterwards, and tomorrow we're going into the arena. It was really pretty! Mountains and ruins and lots of rivers and trees!"

Kerin sighed heavily. The area. Marisa seemed quite chilled about it but his heart did flips as the day loomed closer and closer. He had only been here a day and soon, he would be forced to kill another. Something he wanted to avoid doing. Though, if it was to protect Marisa, he would beat any damn guy into a freaking pulp.

"That sounds nice," Kerin said, shrugging. Honestly, he didn't really want to talk about it. Instead, he stood up, waving at her to gesture he'd be back in a second. He wandered back into his room, into the enormous closet that he had chose his clothes from last time. Like last time, he picked something simple again; a long sleeved, red and white shirt, dark cargo pants and another grey hoodie. He went back out into the living area and instead of joining Marisa, he walked over to the door, pointing at it and waving at her to come over.

"Breakfast?"

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
-I looked at the man from top to bottom, and he looked like he was dressed to stay home and watch TV. Then again, who was I to judge people here... oh yeah I was me. I had both heard AND seen what the guardians did to the contestants, and I didn't like it, it was always something stupid like a fail of a superhero costume or something completely degrading like a ballet uniform. I could already tell that we were not going to get along, and I probably wasn't going to get much from him in the arena.-

"You wouldn't be able to get me into some ridiculous costume if you tried, no way at all. I'm fine with my cloths that I have on already, so no piercings, no tattoos, or anything like that. I have enough already thanks to what they did to me in the human district, I don't need any more."

-I swerved around the man, and started walking towards the elevator, my stomach sending up a light protest as if saying "why did u waste time talking to that guy! Feed ME!" I frowned for a second, then stopped, turning around to look at the man with a hint of amusement in my eyes.-

"Actually... why don't we discuss this over breakfast, I'm sure they have a private room down there so we wont be overheard, but I'm hungry."

-I took the last few step into the elevator before turning to look at Venius and pressing the dining room button.-

"Are you coming or not?"

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 4 - Somal - God District

I watched Ryuu intently; processing each word, each action,and translating it into a series of answers which would continue to pull the demon boy in. Ryuu was a smart, strong man, but he needed a bit of work. Magic and the upcoming interview was what the focus was on, whether he denied it or embraced it. I needed to get close to him in order for Ryuu to stand a chance against the magic-wielding Bernkastel and her demon companions.

"Hm, I agree. Though, I suppose they do this for a little more 'excitement' and 'surprise' during the actual fights." I clicked my tongue thoughtfully. "If they went by power,you would've been here years ago. It's annoying, but I have no say in what changes could be made. Things are so much simpler in the Demon Realm. See a pretty girl and she's your mistress. The weak are the slaves and the strong have whatever they want." I threw the hook out there, wondering if it even remotely interested Ryuu; a world without stupid fashion-crazes, and with more power and fighting.

If Ryuu won, he would have three choices.

A) Go back to the Demon Realm

B) Stay in the Gods Realm and have the Government use him to scare the other species

C) Go to the Demon Realm

Abruptly, I stood up and grabbed my empty cup. "Well, you won't be seeing much of me. The other contestants will be busy beautifying themselves somehow, while you will actually do something productive with your time." Yawning, I moved to go to the elevator, but paused short; staring curiously at the closed kitchen door. I could hear the servants whispering onthe other side. Smirking, I walked over and in one quick movement, yanked the door open and threw my cup inside. When it crashed on the floor, the servants cried out in surprise as though it had been some kind of radioactive bomb. I laughed, and walked off. "Morons… Let's go, Ryuu. We'll go on a little drive and find you a good fight or two. You'll get plenty of more sponsors if they see you personally beat down a God. Which, should be no problem for you."
Chapter 4 - Bernkastel Vermillia - Demon District

From the shadows, a form with two glowing red orbs retreated backwards on four paws. A silent figure which couldn't even be detected by a vampire's senses was he. His spine curled into a perfect arc to squeeze out of the room; tail swaying to then keep his balance on the thin railing outside. A dizzying height was his position, but he did not worry. He did not give the slightest hesitation, even when he had to jump several feet in the air to catch the next open balcony. Behind him was the rising sun, cracking out in pieces due to the towering city on the horizon. A scene which displayed just how crowded the world was. A world dominated by two-legged beings of all different 'races'. Humans were like Gods, and Gods were like humans. Both had the urge to multiply exceedingly; unaware of the damage that such an unnatural population did. No matter how many chances they got, they never learned and one always screwed up something. Everyone outside this endless ring of destruction was losing patience; confidence so thin it could break as easily as scissors to dentalfloss. He, the one crossing past Xavier's floor and higher still, had no opinion on the subject. At least, an opinion that was originally his. He had two views from two persons; unable to stray from either. They contradicted each other like black and white, with him being the gray medium.

Upon seeing the cat at my window, I straightened up from the bed and flicked my fingers at the glass. It slid open smoothly, with the animal slipping inside.

"I found Ryuu… He was in the kitchen." The cat spoke out; whiskers twitching when I reached out to pick him up. But, he didn't struggle. He allowed himself to rest on my lap; eyes staring out the same opening that I was.
"Tellme what your eyes and ears have witnessed, Lucifier."

Years
"....." Xavier turned in bed, opening his eyes to stare up to the ceiling. Not even the tiniest amount of purple arose around his eyes, along with no bags under them. A light rumble filled the soundwaves of his room, however. Xavier sighed. After training the previous day, he had taken to skipping dinner with the (apparent) furniture racist, the seductress, and Ms. Victory. Instead, he went directly to his room and went to sleep. In fact, he had actually been up for about an hour now, but he didn't really want to get up. He had to though... Sadly.

His wings pushed him up, to where his torso was raised up. He lazily raised a fist and wiped some of the 'sand' out of his eyes with the back of it. He never liked that stuff... He swiveled his legs to hang off the bed. How come he got so much sleep, yet his legs still felt dead like they always do in the morning...? Hm. Xavier stood up, put on a white t-shirt with black jeans. Bland, yes, but it wasn't like he wasn't too. At least to everyone else's eyes. Not like Xavier actually cares about what people say about him. He combed his hair, then proceeded with the walk to the kitchen.

"...." Actually, he had a small change in schedule. Instead of trying to stay in the kitchen and eat there, he would be eating in his room. He looked blankly at Ryuu, then the other male whom he knew none of, and walked up to the kitchen doors. Xavier knocked, before opening the door slowly. "...Anything that you can cook fast... I just want to go back to my room." He shut the door to stare at part of the opposite wall for a few minutes, before a plate of eggs and bacon were handed to him. Xavier muttered a thank you to the servant before walking back to his room. He sat criss-cross applesauce on his bed to eat.

He was writing down possible ways the Roman Empire could have continued to survive and quite possibly thrive again--in their language of Latin, before a quiet knocking on the door struck his ears. Three uniformed knocks, almost quieter than his would be. Xavier flipped his hair, his eyes being exposed for once. His chocolate brown eyes stared right towards the door. It was probably a servant. Definitely not one of his contenders. Well, it might be Bern. But she was the most welcome out of them so... Xavier stood up and answered the door. "...?" Well, not Bern. He stared at the man emotionlessly as always.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu laughed at the mention of being here years ago. He should have been here years ago. He had every right and every opportunity. What he would call 'bad parenting' is what kept him away. But that was in the past. He was here now, and ready to do what needed to be done. As Somal spoke about life in the Demon Realm, he couldn't help but agree. It was simpler in the Demon Realm, but in Ryuu's case simpler wasn't always better. Complications of things, like these sorts of reapings, is better than the mundane life he had before over in the Demon Realm. Things have changed for the better, at least he hoped they have.

Somal stood up. "Well, you won't be seeing much of me. The other contestants will be busy beautifying themselves somehow, while you will actually do something productive with your time." He headed towards the elevator, then stopped suddenly to mess with the kitchen staff who whispered to each other by the kitchen door. "Morons… Let's go, Ryuu. We'll go on a little drive and find you a good fight or two. You'll get plenty of more sponsors if they see you personally beat down a God. Which, should be no problem for you."

Ryuu cocked an eyebrow in surprise, and then grinned. "Heh...now you're speaking my language!" Ryuu said. He grabbed his glass, finished the contents of the drink, and smashed it onto the ground below, before getting up and following Somal out of the dining room.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
Years

Akira Tsukuda - Angel

Akira's dreams were plagued by the same nightmares that haunted him in his waking life, and within a couple of hours of falling asleep, he found himself awake again; the dream fading at the edges of his vision. He felt the tears roll down the sides of his cheeks but chose to stay on his side; slowing his breathing and organising his thoughts back into order.

"I am Akira." Check.

"I am in the Population Games." Check.

"What am I here for?"

When Akira found out they were calling the names of the reaping, he saw this as a chance at redemption. Back then that was. Once the others had been chosen and shipped away, he was disappointed to find that his name had not been chosen; his chance at redemption taken out from under him. But when illness befell one of the contestants, he saw his chance and offered himself as a tribute to take their place. Although the tried to ignore it, Akira knew that those who knew him were happy to see him go; they would probably cheer at his death too, but Akira wasn't concerned.

He laughed silently to himself, little more than a whisper leaving his lips; a sadistic evil laugh. He had no chance, he knew that, he had no chance at winning the Population Games; despite being on the good side with the Game Master, the odds were stacked against him. Having little to no hand-to-hand combat training, much less anything like traps or rope tying, he was useless. His ability to control sand and fly would do no good in a fight against Ryuu. He was weak, he was useless, he had no reason to be here. Redemption was just a reason he made up, he was never seeking redemption in the first place; more like death. He is a coward, he knew that if push came to shove he could kill, but he would rather run away and hide than to confront someone front on; he was nothing.

Stretching his hand out, he fiddle with the small vial on his bedside table, playing with the sandy contents it help until the sun began peeking through the windows.

Day Three of the Population Games.

Akira climbed out of bed, slipping into some comfortable clothes, ready to meet whatever monster they had as his guide. He made sure he had everything on him, everything that was a part of him before heading to the door. He grasped the door handle, feeling the chill metal cool his warm palms and turned it, opening to door to the shadowy figure that was about to knock. Looking up, Akira looked into the eyes of someone he was not expecting to see tonight.

"Please tell me this is a joke!" he exclaimed as Natruo loomed over the angel.

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years
Chapter 4 – Venius Cloud – God District

I watched Raike with a calm smile; crossing my arms. Such a strange human… Did I really look like someone who'd tie him down and splatter ink designs on his skin? 'I need to stop being healthy, then.' I mused, simply because it was true. Being a God as well as having muscle was just asking for this sort of response, no matter how aloof one was. Eyes flickering over the tattoo just on the side of his neck, I couldn't help but wonder if it was real. It was strikingly familiar. Did Bernkastel not have that exact design on her body as well? Perhaps the two were in the same cult…

Seeing the spark of light in Raike's eyes, I shrugged my shoulders and walked into the elevator before the doors closed. "Sure. This place has plenty of private rooms. Too bad nobody has bothered to ask before. They're very useful."

Ding. I slipped out of the claustrophobic compartment and into the dining room. Thankfully, none of the participants had arrived yet. When a servant approached us, I raised my hand out to stop him before he could speak. As expected, his lips pressed tightly together in a nervous fashion.

"Mind directing us to an empty room? Breakfast would be good, too. Plenty."

The servant breathed out a sign of relief, nodding his head. "Yes, sir." He turned and led Raike and myself to a door just beside the kitchen; a door which upon inspection, was made to keep noise in. Giving me one of the two keys for said room, he went off to get our food. Humming to myself, I unlocked the door and stepped in first; not hesitating at all before sitting myself down at a nearby table.

The room was much more eye-appealing, even in comparison with the original dining room. Rather, it was a warm purple color mixed with shades of grey that almost seemed to be silver. The table sat, with two couches on either side.

"Have a seat, Raike. We have plenty to talk about before the interview."

Chapter 4 - Mammon - Underworld

The demoness watched Venius from the comfort of her room; piecing through the God's shield without resistance to see just exactly what it was that he was thinking of. The first thing she did was panic; something her comrades reminded her never to do. She didn't think Venius had the brain capacity to remember what he did last night, let alone a signature marking on Bern's shoulder. 'Damn it,' with the flick of her wrist the tattoo disappeared off of Raike's neck, only to reappear above his heart. She needed to be more careful now that she had two contractors to obey.

Just as she was about to log out and check on Bern, however, Venius decided to wonder if the mark had something to do with a cult. Mammon sat up fast in hurt shock. It wasn't a cult symbol at all! It was the symbol of manifestation! The bond between Raike, the human, and Mammon, the demon servant… She absolutely hated it when Earth-dwellers misinterpreted the demon language. It was annoying.

"Est lau malas a-kala zei Venius…" She breathed out; sparks of flame licking out from between her lips in reaction to the burning words.

"Wow, Mammon. Harsh,"

The demon servant jumped to her feet in surprise, only to be pulled back down by a strong arm. She let out an automatic squeak.

"Zane!"

The male demon grinned down at her. Taking off the metal bracelets from around his wrists, he set them down on the floor. Mammon could practically see the floor go into concave mode at the unnatural weight. Zane plopped down beside her on the bed; making her wrinkle her nose in disgust.

"Gross. You smell like wet dog."

"What were you expecting? Vanilla and lavender?"

"That would have been nice," she rolled her eyes and manifested a bottle of perfume; then going crazy with spraying the area to smell like cherry blossoms. Meanwhile, Zane was looking up at the ceiling curiously; watching Raike enter the elevator.

"Oi, think you can ease off? My nose is still sensitive."

"I know," she smirked and sprayed a bit more in Zane's direction.

"Bah…. So, why were you reciting the dictionary of insults earlier? Did Raike reject you or something~?"

"Ye---WHAT?! NO!" Mammon flushed red and turned her head away. "Some God just mistook by symbol for a cult sign!"

"A cult sign?" He looked thoughtfully at Mammon, before a teasing grin filled his lips. "Cool,"

"ZANE."

Chapter 4 – Somal - God District

The city was a towering glamour of lights and sound. The great building of silver pierced the sky like swords. Fluffy marshmallows hugged tapered tops; the grey areas appearing to have been roasted by the sun. This particular ball of fire balanced itself on the horizon, shimmering and creating the rather usual display of 'rolling' forward. As the limousine pulled deeper inside traffic, it became apparent just how much thought had been put into the design of everything.

Even though the towers of cement and minerals casted high and blocked the sunlight, there was no darkness. There were no lamps or sources of artificial light, either. So, why would there not be darkness? Well, that could easily be explained through the multiple mirrors on each block; reflecting sunlight from the city's limits, right into the heart of the God's houses.

Streetlights and signs were not present at all, yet traffic ran smoothly in and out of intersections without a problem. What was noticeable with the dawn's light, was that the area was lined in metallic strips; perhaps magnets. These magnets interacted with the cars in a way that it would basically control it for you. Thus, driving wheels were nearly not needed. Nearly. You still had to tell the car where exactly you wanted to go, with motion detectors and magnets making it happen.

The people wandering the streets and chatting outside café's looked like characters pulled straight out of both Disney movies and business stock-market conventions. There were women in bright colors that overwhelmed the eye, especially a particular shade of green that seemed to be in style that season. Large sunhats hid curls of bright blue and green, and dresses of fine silk covered skin as flawless as that of flower petals. Men were a bit more open to selection; either sporting bright make-up that could compare greatly to the Goddess', or pressed suits that carried them well on the sidewalks.

In the very back of the limo sat Somal, seatbelt not used and arm balanced on the windowsill. He gazed out the window, and then back at Ryuu as the magnetic pull slowed the vehicle down. The man gestured outside with a smirk.

"Go ahead. Jump out of here whenever you see a target you like. I don't care who it is. Just someone you think will be fun to play around with." Somal's eyes flashed with a hint of hunger. "If you're lucky, some stupid God will join to try and stop you."

Chapter 4 – Marisa – Vampire District

I giggled out softly as I watched Kerin wander off to get dressed. Though, once he was gone, I sobered.

---

Once Kerin was dressed, Marisa happily followed the boy downstairs for some breakfast. Upon entering, the two were attacked by the most wonderful, welcoming scents ever. It smelt of family cooking. Bacon, pancakes, eggs; everything that makes a morning perfect and enjoyable. I inhaled deeply, and ran over to take a seat at the table. Everything was decorated differently, as well. Which was appreciated deeply, since it was know my favorite color, blue.

---

The clicking of heels is what snapped me back to the dining room. Slightly startled, I looked up from my empty plate, to the woman coming towards the table. I blinked, rubbing my eyes in reaction. That couldn't be... She was sparkling? Indeed she was, head to toe, covered in reflective blue-white-gold sparkles. And, she was definitely a Goddess. The next thing that caught my attention was whatever was on her head. This woman had big, curly blonde hair that basically surrounded her head and spilled down her shoulders like a gigantic scarf. Propped up on top was a crown made of star-shaped mirrors.

"Aw! You're the most precious thing ever!" She squealed out excitingly; wrapping her silky-smooth arms around my body. She reeked of some type of perfume. Probably expensive. "Oh gosh, you're adorable!" Next thing I knew, my cheek was being given a big, affectionate kiss. With her pulling away and myself gaining the ability to breathe, I looked up at her with wide gold eyes.

The eyes staring back at me all mother-like were the brightest blue I had ever seen. None of the shades in this room could possibly compare to it. In the center of each pupil. was a small white star.

"K-kerin-sama, who is this?" I asked nervously; scooting closer to his chair.

The Goddess frowned. "I'm your guide, sweetheart! For the interview," I knew that, but I wasn't supposed to. Slowly I straightened back up.

"Goddess---"

"Oh! My name is Astara, darling~" I guess that explained the whole space-barbie look.

"She is a button, isn't she? Hm, then again, this boy here is rather handsome too..."

A newer voice had come from directly behind Kerin. No sounds of anyone else had reached my ears, so I jumped a foot in the air and clinged to the woman on accident. Before I could pull away in embarrassment, she squished me against her bulging breasts. "Ohhh~! You scared her, Raum! Bad! Come, Marisa. We'll go find a lovely little dress for you~!" And before I could protest, the Goddess Astara pulled me up like a doll and carried me out of the room.

Before I was out of earshot, I quickly looked over Astara's shoulder and waved to Kerin. "Bye bye, Kerin-sama!

---

Now, it was just this 'Raum' character and Kerin left. Carefully, he slid out from behind Kerin and into a chair. His appearance? Well, it wouldn't have been all that surprising if Marisa HAD been scared by him. He didn't look like some evil overlord, but... Rather exotic and silly. Something you wouldn't see in the Vampire Realm. He was, obviously, a vampire from the way his fangs just slightly poked out from between his smiling pink lips. And when I say pink, they weren't a natural shade. Not to bright, but it definitely was lipstain.

"I'm guessing you have an alliance with her? Well~ I don't judge! Are there any other alliances I need to know about?" He rubbed an index finger at his eyelid absently. Once he realized, however, he sweared under his breath and wiped a bit of the banana-yellow chalky substance onto a napkin. "Did I just smudge it? Ahh.... I wish there were mirrors..." His eyelids were covered in the stuff. Not smudged, of course. The edges were flecked with long, golden eyelashes. Underneath, were two very unique eyes. His right eye was the color of fresh blood; lulling momentarily downwards before quickly rising back up into place. His left eye was a hot pink; streaks of white running through the pupil.

His hair was fashionably messy; streaked in different variations of whites, blondes, and pinks. Nearly each strand stuck out from his scalp as though wanting to jump away.

"Ahhh, I better introduce myself first! My name is Raum, dear Kerin. I am your guide starting today." He stuck out his left hand for a friendly shake. Each finger was hugged by at least two rings; each a more brighter color than the next. Covering his torso was a pale pink turtleneck. For his legs, he had on cream-colored jeans. He looked like (To no offense) a stereotypical homosexual.

A homosexual vampire was Kerin's guide.

"Are you finished eating? Because, we should really get to my studio before all the parking spaces are taken."

Chapter 4 – Natruo The Gamemaster - God District

Strong footsteps echoed through the now empty training room; bouncing waves of sound back and forth with such high quality, that even when the man stopped, the steps continued on for a few more seconds. It was like an invisible being had been following him, matching his footsteps again and again, only to mess up when he stopped.

His natural blonde eyelashes fell down upon his cheeks for a moment, orbs lowered to gaze at the slight red stains splattering the now bare floor. Everything had been moved from the training room, back into storage to gather dust for yet another year. The shine in his eyes slipped quickly into a coldness similiar to crystalized ice. A harsh look that was of both thoughtful concentration and some sort of chemical anger. Kneeling, Natruo ran along the dried blood with his fingers; slowly, as if to memorize the exact shapes and textures. A faint buzz eminated from it as though it was human. It did have a living energy. An energy that would tingle the nerves with such electric power that could only belong to Ryuu. This was what the demon had bled during their fight the previous night.

Natruo was silent for another minute, before finally straightening his spine, moving past the memory, and going to the angel district's elevator.

He now stood before Akira, looking down upon the angel with a heavy smirk.

"Do I really look like the type of God to joke around? Hm, I suppose I better fix that." Easily, he reached out and pulled the boy away from his room and closer to the elevator; then pushing Akira forward.

"I hope you've done your homework, Akira... 'Cause I'm not one to enjoy explaining things once, let alone twice." His finger jammed into the controls for the main floor. "We'll eat in the car. I'm a little disappointed in your lack of improvement, even though you had a full day to train. So, we're gonna make up for that. A little multitasking, but you'll be able to handle it. Heck, I even have your outfit ordered and ready for the interview later in the afternoon." As soon as the elevator doors opened, the God shoved Akira out and followed behind. "Hopefully you slept well? Because you won't be sleeping after what I have planned." A harsh laugh.

Chapter 4 – Seere – God District

*To Be Edited*

Chapter 4 – Preserias – God District

"English,"

A faint buzzing came from the other end, as Preserias patiently leaned back in his chair. The man sat in an office setting that overlooked the district's square and a fair porton of resident houses. His eyes, a sea-storm blue, observed the figures of two men guilding a sorrowful woman into a sleek black car. Cars were extremely rare in the Angel's District not only because it was easier to fly, but because the vehicle held status. Only nobles were permitted to own them. Or Gods.

His attention went back to the phone as a translated voice came through. Preserias never needed Japanese enough to learn it. English was the most common, aside from Heaven's Tongue which could only be spoken by angels and a few Gods. If demons or vampires attempted to speak it, their throats would become raw.

"I have gotten confirmation directly from Natruo and the High Court. There is to be another participant from the Human District for the Population Games." The voice was of a young man; his japanese accent still sneaking through the translator.

"It's your district now," The angel reminded him, smiling softly.

"Sorry, not exactly used to it. Only since yesturday, Serias." Preserias was thankful for the government buildings' connections to the Human District. It kept the angels friends with the humans enough so that they were apologetic and kind. As for the demons....

"It's fine. I'm guessing that because I am getting this message, that I have to pick him up?"

"Natruo's wishes. In any case, I will send the information on the boy for you." Just after he said that, the machine from across Preserias' room printed something off. Standing up with a grunt, the angel moved over and looked through the two papers on the new participant; complete with a photo, identification specifics, background, and a little classified extras sprinkled around. Thanking the man on the other side, Preserias hung up and folded the papers into the pocket of his grey overcoat.

"I will be away in the God's District until the Population Games are over," Preserias told the guards outside the room. Then, making his way to the rooftop, the angel inhaled the cold air deeply. Well. At least it was early enough that the sun was out. With one more glance back at -his- district, Preserias opened up his silver wings and casted himself into the sky.

---

Within a few hours of steady flying and little wind, the angel rested on the very block where the participant lived. In fact, he could see their house. A grand building that belittled the living quarters of other humans around them. Fixing his sand-blonde hair out of his eyes, Preserias approached the gate, then the steps, then...

Ding. He ringed the doorbell. It took a while, but a few minutes later the door was answered by a young woman in an ivory bathrobe. She first appeared tired and annoyed over having been awoken so early in the morning. Then, as she noticed the person's extraordinary beauty and wings, she stumbled back and called weakly for her husband in slight fright. "U-uhm... I think it's one of your friends," She replied when asked who was at the door.

Preserias shook his head. "I'm not here for your spouse. I am here for your son, Daiki." Immediately, the color drained from her face and she slowly wandered off to find him; telling the angel to wait a moment.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu looked outside of the limousine that carried Somal and himself deep into the city of the Gods. Ryuu didn't bother to look around at the architecture of the city. He didn't find those things interesting. What he was curious about, however, was the people, the Gods. He wondered exactly what kind of people they were. To have risen above the other races as their supposed superiors, it was needless to say that he expected much. He was actually kind of excited. He hadn't fought many Gods before. In fact, Natruo was the only one, and he remembered how it went. It was still one of the best fights he had in his life, even if he didn't get a unanimous victory. But as Ryuu got deeper into the city, he began taking note of the appearances of the Gods. It wasn't what he expected. Though, given the reputation of what he had heard all along before, it should have been what he was expecting. Still, he thought it would be much more, not a group of pompous people he had already begun to hate. Something about their appearances reminded him too much of home, of his life back in the demon district, the life he hated. He began to angrily grit his teeth and clench his fists as he angrily looked out into the crowds of Gods. The limousine then came to a halt, and Somal spoke to Ryuu.

"Go ahead. Jump out of here whenever you see a target you like. I don't care who it is. Just someone you think will be fun to play around with. If you're lucky, some stupid God will join to try and stop you."

Ryuu looked at Somal for a moment with a sour look, then back outside. He was watching them, contemplating. Was there really anyone worth fighting? No, he couldn't think like that. He knew the reputations the Gods have gotten compared to any other race. He knew behind the fancy clothes and bright colors, they could fight, they could hold their own. But Ryuu wasn't looking for someone who could simply hold his own. He was looking for something more, and in his contemplation, he figured out just the way to do it.

Ryuu opened the door outside and stepped out, looking around the city. His eye was caught first by a café in which Gods sit, conversing. Then he looked over on the opposite side of the street, where parked vehicles lay. Ryuu cracked his knuckles together, followed by his neck as he made his way to one of the parked cars. He stopped right in front of the side of one car, and admired it for a moment. After a few seconds, Ryuu knelt over, and grabbed it with both of his hands, and began to struggle. With all of his might, he began forcing his hands up, attempting to pick up the car. His struggling turned to grunts, which eventually turned to him screaming loudly, causing several passersby to look at him. The car suddenly was picked up off the ground, and hung between Ryuu's arms. Ryuu took a few steps forward, and on the traffic that separated the café he had his sights on and himself. A time of horn honked as people looked at him with mixed emotions of bewilderment, disgust, and fear. Ryuu eyed the shop with a grin on his face, and with a mighty heave, Ryuu tossed the vehicle right at the shop with a loud scream leaving his mouth at the heave. To Ryuu, the vehicle seemed to go in slow motion through the air. Many people, including himself, watching as the vehicle rotated through the air, eventually making its impact at the target. The café's entire front section was decimated as the car passed through it and slid into the section where people sat. People's screams of shock and surprise were heard. Eventually the car stopped coming to a halt with a loud bang. Ryuu smiled at his handiwork, impressed with himself as the café erupted in flames. He sat down on his behind, his arms rest on his knees, and waited, sitting still in the middle of the street. He made occasional glances to the Gods who stood around, either giving him mixed looked, or simply staring at him. There was a lot of different reactions of many of them. But Ryuu was looking for something specific. Eventually, a God in a suit took of his hat, and began approaching Ryuu, and angry look on his face. Smiling back at the God, Ryuu got up. Ryuu knew this was the perfect way to get a certain someone's attention. By tossing a car like he just did, he was certainly going to get the attention he wanted. But he still wanted to test himself against one of them. And who better than someone who still approaches him ready to fight, even after seeing what he can do? Ryuu wasn't certain who the God was that was approaching him, but he knew he was either very stupid, or very strong.

Ryuu began noticing as the suited man sprinted forward at him. Ryuu paused where he was, and looked at the ground, his veins showing as he appeared to extend his arms, and screaming. Rocks began popping up out of the ground, and then eventually formed into a wall right in front of Ryuu. Usually this Earth Wall would be a defensive move used to protect against oncoming attacks, usually projectiles.

But not today. Ryuu forced the Earth Wall off of the ground with his will, and began charging forward, the wall now acting as a ramming hammer, and the target was the God on approach. Ryuu couldn't see his face, but imagined this wasn't what he was expecting.

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
The sun was crawling itself from the horizon, slowly rising into the sky inch by inch. It was a glorious sight as the sky was painted a beautiful mix of red, orange and yellow. Standing on his balcony with a cup of herbal tea, Daiki continued his tradition of watching the sun rise. He was not one to stay up late, believing that getting sleep was important to one's health, development and appearance. Therefore he made the commitment of going to bed early and waking up early. "Early bird catches the worm," as his grandfather always said. Apparently that was an old saying. Daiki could never find the origin, no matter how much reading he did.

"Daiki…" His mother's voice came from his doorway to his room, sounding weaker than normal. Daiki slowly spun around and faced her from the balcony. There was quite a distance between them, as Daiki's room was quite large comparable to a small apartment suite. With pure white walls carefully decorated with classical paintings often engrained in fantasy genre, fine wood floors, matching furniture sets, a "prince" sized bed as Daiki called it and a number of bookcases, plants and statues spread out from wall to wall. Opulent would be a tame word to describe this room.

"Welcome, mother. You look radiant as usual. Come to watch the sunrise with me? You have come just in time," Daiki said with his usual shining smile, placing his cup beside a book on his balcony table.

"You have a visitor. You must come to the door immediately…"

"A visitor at this hour? I was not expecting any until this afternoon. We were to go engage in some leisure activities. Fishing, if I am not mistaken."

"Daiki…please."

"I do apologize mother dearest," Daiki said as he approached his mother, gently placing his hands on her shoulders. "I shall come. Give me a few moments to prepare myself. I do not want to bring shame upon our house," Daiki smiled and kissed his mother upon her forehead. Daiki's mother forced a meek smile before leaving the room. Daiki looked out upon his balcony. For some reason, he sensed it would be the last time he would ever enjoy the pleasant view.

A few moments later, Daiki found himself descending down the stairs in his manor overlooking the sitting room. A round oak table stood in the middle of the room surrounded by fine foreign leisure chairs. Much like Daiki's room, the room was decorated with class and regality in mind. A beautiful angel with desirable wings and sand blonde hair stood around, refusing to take a seat for unknown reasons. Daiki did not recognize the figure, and his expression reflected such a matter as he completed his descent into the room. "You called for me, milord? I am Daiki, son of Hiroshi, of House Ethered. How I can assist you on this bright morning?"

"You have been chosen to participate in the Population Games," the angel replied.

"I beg your pardon?" Daiki said, his face painted with confusion and shock.

"You have been chosen to participate-"

"No, no. I apologize for interrupting but I did hear you the first time, but unless my eyes and ears deceive me the population games are well underway, my good lord. The champions from all the districts have been selected and they underwent training. In fact, if I do recall correctly the interviews were to commence in the evening. I fail to remember the time offhand. I am sure father remembers. He is quite intelligent, if occasionally absent minded."

"You are correct, Daiki Ethered. However, this is an order from the Gods themselves. You are to participate."

"Daiki…no," Daiki's mother squirmed outside the room, rudely eavesdropping.

"Well, in that case I cannot rebuke such a fact. I am to assume we must depart immediately, or we shall be late. The Gods and Goddesses would not enjoy a tardy contestant."

"Indeed they would not."

"Do allow me to bid farewell to my family for there is a great chance I shall not return. I do not wish to live with regret weighing down my heart."

"Of course," replied the Angel. "I will be waiting outside." With that the angel stepped outside, and Daiki's mother was quick to embrace her son.

"Please, Daiki. Don't."

"I cannot refuse such a request, mother. To disregard the authority of such figures is practically begging for the hammer of the Gods to smite our home into nothing more than dust and ashes," Daiki began placing a finger upon his mother's mouth as she dared to speak again. "I know what you are going to say, so save your breath for more pressing matters. It is true I take no pleasure in violence and for that I will likely not walk away from such a competition, but I will not shed my honor or being. If I do emerge victorious it will not be at the cost of my humanity. I will step in as Daiki Ethered, and will step out Daiki Ethered. One way or another," he finished proudly. "I dare not awaken sister or father. Please give them my farewells. I will likely not be able to communicate with you further, but I will attempt to make an effort regardless. I love you, mother," Daiki finished with a deep embrace. His mother did not dare to respond. Such a farewell would be stained by her tear filled reply.

Daiki stepped out of his home in his standard wardrobe. And in that moment, he wondered if he would ever see his childhood home again. "Let us go, milord. I do not want to impede our progress any further. Lead the way."

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
"Um, what?" Kerin blinked as Marisa left him with the strange man. Kerin had never seen so many colours on one person before and it was... well, it weirded him out just a little. His enthusiastic voice and general... attitude was just a little too much for him. Sure, Marisa was a little bit similar, but she was a little girl. She was allowed to be cute. But this guy? He was a lot older. And crazier. And just... yeah.

"Um, no, you didn't smudge it," Kerin scratched his nose at the guy. He could not tell what this guy was. Was he a god? All the people that seemed to be around here other than the contestants were gods. He would just leave it at that because honestly, Kerin wasn't bright enough to tell.

"Ahhh, I better introduce myself first! My name is Raum, dear Kerin. I am your guide starting today," Kerin shook the hand that was given to him, intentionally avoiding the rings on Raum's fingers. "Are you finished eating? Because, we should really get to my studio before all the parking spaces are taken."

"Um, where are we going?" Kerin said, intentionally avoiding the question about alliances as he left his now empty plate on the table. Were alliances frowned upon? Praised? Kerin had no idea. Bernkastel, as far as Kerin knew, was a good ally but wasn't their meeting a secret or something? Maybe it wasn't, Kerin did remember someone saying something about cameras. And microphones. UGH! Why didn't he listen or remember these kinds of things?

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
Raike Destan: Human Contractee

-Raike blinked once, and went to follow Venius into the private room. He was delighted to see that there were couches on either side of the table. The room itself seemed to be the private dining room for a king of some kind. Raike sat down on the couch opposite of Venius, rolling his neck to relax a bit, but winced as a spark of pain erupted on the left side of his neck, close to his shoulder. He massaged the spot until the pain diminished and rolled his neck once more to test it, and seeming satisfied, he turned his attention to a certain demoness that was not in the vicinity.

Over their connection, Raike picked out a few details of the area around her, and concluded that she was still in his room, and for some reason it smelled like a wet dog that had spayed cherry blossom air freshener on it; not as appealing as it sounded. She could also see that she was talking to someone else in the room, not human so it was probably one of her "friends" talking... in my room... making it smell like cherry blossomed wet dog; great. The annoyance that reverberated across the connection showed clearly that she was being teased by that person.

Bringing myself back to the matter at hand, Venius sat across the table from me, his grin kind of annoyed me a bit, why the hell was he so smug?-

"Whatever you say pretty boy. So what exactly am I supposed to say in the interview? We both know my district hates my guts. But hey, maybe I can get the others to like me."

-The last part I said with sarcasm. I was hardly likable to anyone except the weird ones like Mammon. How was I supposed to get the other districts to like me? I mean maybe if my district saw me in some decent clothing they would let me explain myself a bit, which brought me to another question.

"Who's my stylist, and he or she, preferably she better not try putting me in some kind of fruity clothing."

-As inhuman as Raike may seem to some, he was still a guy.-

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

Venius adjusted himself into the couch. Pretty boy? Well, alright. Let's go with that.

"Being pretty is overrated." The God commented. "Anyways, that's partly what I would like to discuss with you. I am your guide. I give ideas and help you get sponsors at this stage. Good sponsors mean good weapons and supplies." He made a tent with his fingers, and closed his eyes momentarily in thought. "Well, the interviewer will ask questions pertaining to your lifestyle… Strategies… Things that will make a difference in how well you can entertain the sick public in the arena."

There was a small knock at the door. Who? Well, a trail of servants soon appeared through a crack in the room; holding plates filled with an assortment of breakfast foods. From muffins to pancakes to fruit and eggs. It was there. In all, four servants arranged the food on the center table, bowed, and went to leave. Venius caught the arm of a startled white-haired boy. He squeaked.

"Oi, think you can take this to Raum? Vampire District." Venius gingerly slipped a piece of paper in the boy's chest pocket, along with a few coins. No sort of currency the humans used, at least. The servant hesitated, nodded, and quickly caught up with the others as they left. When the door was closed shut, Venius straightened out and took a muffin inside the grasp of his fingers.

"Where were we… Ah, right. When you answer the questions and sort, try not to be too hostile. Even if you hate the guts of those watching and wanting to know what you ate back in the Human District, I think it'll work better if we keep you in the frame of 'carefree'. A snap of humour would be nice. You're not worried at all about these Games, and you show confidence that you can overcome the participants. If asked about a particular enemy, I would slip away from the question with a wave. Though the idea of pissing someone like Ryuu off on live television sounds tempting, it won't be good for you in the arena. If the Gods and Goddesses know that you have someone on your rear in anger at the very start, they probably won't sponsor you since it'll look like you won't last long."

…Which was completely true. Though they did want to see blood and gore, they didn't want to use their money on someone who was just going to die. They also liked the idea of the teenager they sponsored winning, and becoming a Victor. Because once they became a Victor, the Gods and Goddesses could swarm them without holding back.

Like Lady Bernkastel. Venius understood one reason why Bern continued to live in the Demon District, rather than in with the Gods where it was 'safe'. At least, safe from the Population Games.

"As for your stylist, I would hate to disappoint you, but that would be me. You don't have to worry about it." He waved his hand at Raike. "I'll let you wear your coat. I'll just be making some minor changes to your appearance. No sparkles and no tattoos." The God promised. "Also, the thoughts from your district do not concern the Games. To get things into the arena is expensive to what the entire population has. You need to be more concerned with the Goddesses. There are quite a few out there that like a good, confident rebel. They'll happily sponsor you. Gods, maybe. If you look strong and have wit."

"So… What kind of strengths do you have? Magic, I would assume? Perhaps alliances that I should know about?"

Chapter 4 – Raum - God District

Raum straightened himself out, before looking down at Kerin. He was either tall, or Kerin was short. There simply was a great difference in height between the two.

"Hm? We're going to my studio. We have to prepare you for the interview, no? So, up~! We must not wait a second, alright?"

He blinked his long eyelashes at the vampire with a smile, before turning on his heels and leading the way to the elevator. Once the two men were down and outside the building, Raum opened up a parasol. It was strange, simply because it wasn't raining or overly windy. He pointed it in the direction of the sunlight, as to cast a shadow upon himself. He looked back at Kerin with a hint of confusion, then a shrug. Was he seriously allergic to the sun? Or was he making fun of vampires? Who knew…

"S-sir!" Raum blinked, and turned back in the direction that they had just come from. A servant from the Human District, according to the uniform, had caught up with him. He huffed out a breath of relief, and held out a slip of paper towards the vampire Guide.

"It is from Venius Cloud, sir." The servant spoke out once he caught his breath. Once he dismissed the servant, Raum flicked the note open with the tips of his fingers.

"….Hm." He write the long text almost silently; brows raising at one point in surprise. When finished, he looked up with Kerin with an innocent smile. "Nothing too important,"

Two fingers went to his lips, and he let out a high-pitched whistle. A few moments later, a sleek white car pulled up before them. Coming to a halt, two servants in equal white jumped out and tended to Raum's needs. One took the parasol for the Guide, while the other opened the back door for him to climb in. Raum did as such, and then signaled for Kerin to follow suit. The windows were tinted as to withhold sunlight.

Once the servants had the participant safely inside along with the parasol, they slipped into the front, started the car, and drove off and away. Raum happily ate at a slice of cake that had come out mysteriously from a compartment, while babbling on about how excited he was to work with Kerin.

"Last year I had a demon, so this is a wonderful change of pace for me~ Perhaps if you win, I can have another vampire next year~! Vampires are so much easier to work with."

There was lush greenery almost throughout the entire trip. This was very much unlike the districts back home. The only real forests and fields were outside the barrier. However, as noted, it was almost. Just before they came to the studio's parking lot, the car had to go down a very special road winding the perimeter of the city. This road had exactly eight mansions. And when I say mansions, I mean mansions compared to even the God's houses. These were impossibly large, with each one probably able to house at least a thousand people. Gates and in-the-flesh guards were stationed throughout the property like some kind of government leader lived beyond. As it turned out, that wasn't the case.

"These are where most of the Victors live after winning the Games~!" Raum chimed in. "All except for Bernkastel, of course."

Each mansion was unique. Not any of them were similar in design; from an ice palace to a dragon's lair layout. One in particular had the theme of elements, and was double the size of the others. Probably Bernkastel's, seeing as she had won twice already. It was heavily guarded like some sort of war-zone. Servants had themselves not just at the gates and around, but on the property itself. Otherwise, it was beautiful and unused, due to Bernkastel choosing to live in the Demon District. Why would she choose a simple house and potentially death, over a grand estate and safety? Surely she could have her father move in, seeing as he wasn't a threat. Why else would she continue to participate? Was she simply selfish, and wanting more?

Last edited:

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

Preserias

"We're not in any rush, Daiki. You took less timethan I had expected."

The angel calmly led the human along nonetheless. Justbecause they had time to spare did not mean it would be wasted on idle chatter.Information and progress needed to be present so this participant caught upwith the competition. He was behind by about two days; no time for training.The more concerning was the interview today. The others in the Games certainlywouldn't be expecting another participant so late into the program. In fact,according to the rumours, things were random and had no real goal. Natruo washaving a busy life involving other jobs, which led to the Population Gamesbeing unprepared. Perhaps it would work out in Daiki's favour?

"I hope you have stayed up-to-date on the Games, forthere are a handful of unique, strong competitors this year. To name a few,two-time winner Bernkastel and the demon Ryuu. Maybe only a few are actuallyweak and inexperienced..."

Preserias was now taking the young man through the heartof the city. When someone pictures the heart of something, it is alive andenergetic. That was not reflected here. Only four cars were visible, withhumans on the sidewalk reaching a total of about thirty. In fact, the entirehuman population could be considered 'endangered'.

Even with so little humans to see, Preserias' presencedid not go unnoticed. As he walked by with Daiki at his side, there were plentyof stares to go around. Some were in shock or awe at the angel. Others werehorrified that Daiki was with a supernatural, and shot questioning looks hisway. Where was he going? Why was an angel in the Human District? Did the poorboy do something wrong? An old lady, long past the care of the guards, mumbledunder her breath a prayer for the human.

Preserias always found it strange. Even though there werevampires and angels… And there were more Gods than you could shake a stick at…Some humans still believed in their little religions. Those who believed inmultiple Gods existing mocked the others. Religion still reigned, even when theHumans had no real hope. They basically allowed themselves to be pushed aroundby these "Higher Beings".

Preserias had a sliver of pity for the creatures.

~~~

Once outside the city, it didn't take long for them towalk down to the docks. At this point, there were only empty shipmentbuildings. After all, they only obtained new packages from the God's Districtonce every month. If they ran out of supplies, it was the human's fault. TheGods had no real sympathy towards the wasteful animals.

Preserias led Daiki around, until they were standing on asuspended wooden flooring that stuck out from the earth. Before them was theOcean. It no longer had particular names due to its size, so it was just'Ocean'. It sloshed against the land hungrily, with white waves crashingbackwards in vain. It reeked of salt and dirt. A very refreshing smell,compared to that of the smoked-out city. Even the air tasted like a gulp of seawater.

Preserias glanced at Daiki, whom had hesitated just theslightest upon seeing a cruise ship. "I reassure you. You are safe from anysort of illness on sea. The boats are sturdy. Will not sway."

Without another word, the angel led Daiki aboard the veryship they had seen waiting on the dock. The railing used for support appearedto be made out of crystal, with natural curves and twists that made itimpossible to just run your hand along the surface without hitting it at somepoint or completely falling off.

The floorboards were of a scratch-less, cherry-brownwood. It wasn't slippery like you would expect, and had the same sort ofstability as real earth. Overall, the cruise ship was impossibly gigantic tojust be for the participant and the angel. There had to be more rooms thanthere were people alive in the Human District, with enough space on the deckitself for the population to lay for a tan.

They did not stay out in the fresh air for long, however.Soon enough, Daiki would find himself being whisked inside and down into theprivate rooms of the ship's interior. The walls were gorgeous, with a hint ofblue shimmer. The two found themselves on the bottom floor soon enough, andPreserias stopped Daiki in their destination. It was a rather luxurious 'livingroom', for a summary. The floor and far wall were made of thick glass, so onecould see the sea-life swimming beyond. For safety measures, the doors were equippedwith water locks in case of damage. Suppose the Gods would just drown in theroom, then? Appeared so. Besides the aquarium, there was a simple black tablethat was made to look like smoldering wood. The chairs by a glance lookedcomfortable, what with the cushions and armrests designed right into the shape.Preserias made himself at home at the setting; sitting down and leaning back inwhat seemed like exhaustion.

"I'm your guide for the Population Games. Think you couldtell me things about yourself? Strengths, weaknesses… Goals… What can you do toget sponsors?" The angel yawned politely behind his hand.

SkyisUmbreon

But it Refused
Years
Raike Destan:Human District

Raike groaned as Venius revealed himself to be his stylist, putting a gloved hand to his temple and massaging it slowly. He decided to dismiss the subject with a small wave of his hand. Reaching out over the table he took hold of a platter that held the omelettes and pulled it over to himself calmly. Instead of shoveling one of the omelettes onto my plate he began to cut up 2 omelettes until they were both just a collection of bite-sized rectangles. With his fork, he impaled 4 rectangles and lifted them to his mouth, chewing for a moment and swallowing them quickly. Suddenly his eyes lit, and his hands, the fork, and the knife became a blur as he quickly devoured the rest off the omelettes, not even allowing Venius a chance to take even one.

When he was finished he took a napkin and wiped his mouth neatly, and just like the previous day, there was not one piece of egg on the table or floor. He then put down the napkin and took a long drink of water. Setting it down, he propped one elbow on the table and rested his head on a fist, looking sideways at the god.-

"Well, I think my manners will defiantly get ALL the goddesses jumping all over me huh? I, and you if you researched me at all, know that my lifestyle was nothing to brag about, and don't think that I'm going to be giving away my strategies to that audience, unless you want me to lie to them. Really I make things up as I go, its how I roll, and look where it got me, I'm alive, well, handsome, and I know how to survive almost anywhere really. I am adept at magics, my element being fire, and I am much stronger and smarter than I look, I don't mean to toot my own horn but, well." He makes an imitation of a truck driver pulling the lever for his horn, and shrugged his shoulders casually in a carefree manner.
"That whole not taunting Ryuu, well its not quite as tempting as you may think, if I do it or not he already wants to fight me, doing it will probably only make him more reckless or something. I don't have any kind of alliance right now with any of the other prisoners, like I said I'm not exactly the most likable guy."Nothing on his body or in his voice betrayed the lie he told, but he was told to keep his only alliance a secret, as well as the existence of Mammon. Before this little train of thought ran through his mind, he blocked his mind completely with titanium defenses, a technique his previous late master had taught him. "As for that "good" part I'm not so sure flipping off your entire district is a good thing to do, and I know their going to be playing that selection video so don't try to tell me they wont. The confidence and carefree parts I definitely got covered, as well as the whole bad boy attitude thing. And now the thing I want to know is how exactly you plan to be changing my attire."A flash of mild annoyance flared in his eyes. "Remember, nothing fruity."

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
Daiki was not amused by any of the events that had transpired, feeling little jubilation for what seemed to be happening. It was to be a normal fine morning, with Daiki readily expecting to be idle with his peers. Maybe get a good workout before forcing himself to watch the Games. If you were tell him that he was going to becoming a participant in his final year of eligibility, he would perhaps call you a poor court jester and proceed on with his day.

Oh, how wrong he was.

Daiki followed the guide of the angel, calmly looking around avoiding direct eye contact. He was still a bit nervous around the figure, though he couldn't exactly identify why. Perhaps it was the fact that Daiki had little experience with his kind. No, that wasn't right. It was something far more simple. Daiki was human and he was not.

"I hope you have stayed up-to-date on the Games, for there are a handful of unique, strong competitors this year. To name a few,two-time winner Bernkastel and the demon Ryuu. Maybe only a few are actually weak and inexperienced..."

"I have," Daiki replied. "And that does not make me at all more comfortable with this ordeal."

Daiki continued to be led on by his guide, being taken into the heart of the city. Daiki's home was far from active, and he made it a point to rarely enter its inner limits. It was a dismal remainder of the state of his people, many living in fear in the presence of any superior creature. Even Daiki himself, of whom his friends say could guide humanity forth into a better era, recognized his own weakness in comparison to the divine and supernatural. But even if Daiki was to be a harbinger of hope and goodwill, it could not and would not remove a simple image of his head. Glancing at some of the buildings, he could see the state of his race, slowly crumbling into a state of nothingness as an endangered species being battered by the elements of nature, forever superior to the weakness of mankind. While angels, demons and vampires have their fancy tricks and superpowers, humanity has managed to gather nothing but pity from the others, if that much, since ire has become a far more common emotion to pass around freely. Daiki sighed. If only humanity had a glimmer of hope somewhere, preferably not in a vessel like himself, would perhaps mankind would at least become significant again and earn some respect. But all that was in the past, making it no longer important. Humanity was destined to become a footnote. What he could do to save his people from such a fate? Win the games maybe? That would be a tall order and what would that accomplish other than taking a few lives?

A few of his peers and elders glanced at him, mouthing questions. Daiki reassured them that nothing was wrong and that he was being given a great honor. Daiki was fairly popular all things considered, and some of the faces he recognized. Teachers, friends, random townspeople that he greeted with kindness all expressed concern. He didn't realize that he was this notable in the district. It was busy work being the talk of the town, but Daiki was partially used to it, and if anything it become something of a subconscious practice. Imagine how much work he would have to do in the God district where he would a fish out of water, being hounded with questions from Gods and Goddesses who want him to be a very tool of entertainment. The shock that came from being associated with a divine being was no surprise to him, so Daiki did his best to play it off. He would leave his involvement in the Games out for now. They would find out soon enough.

It was at this point that Daiki wished he could return to his retreat and dwell in the light of the open sun, fishing at the docks by his home, sleeping near the lake with the smell of the fresh outdoors bathing him in paradise. But no, instead he found himself on the docks, staring at the ship. Daiki was unnerved at the sight, for he suffered from extreme motion sickness, especially on boats. Daiki was very much a land creature, though he did enjoy swimming. At least then, he can control over his own movements. Placing faith in vehicles was a completely different concept.

"I reassure you. You are safe from any sort of illness on sea. The boats are sturdy. Will not sway."

"For your sake, I do hope you are right. Well perhaps not you personally. Your…employees then," Daiki said avoiding the words "servants" or "slaves." He was unsure what proper terminology to use, as to not offend anyone.

Once aboard, Daiki was impressed by the construction and decoration of the ship. He kept his amazement to himself as to not embarrass himself in front of others, but its size and opulence was something to experience. Daiki was overwhelmed, barely following Preserias lead, almost getting lost himself in the fortress of wonder and beauty. The ship's design was far more wondrous than any other boat he was on, though to be fair, he had spent more time expelling sickness from his body than bathing in the glory of fine design. But it was a safe assumption, as humans rarely create anything of grandeur anymore.

Once their descent was complete, Daiki found himself in a room with a glass floor and wall, allowing the dwellers of the room admire the sea life. It was just like the Gods to show off their wealth in unnecessary design. Daiki was slightly angered by this for reasons that he could not clearly express without shaming the reputation of his house. Daiki clenched a fist as Preserias took a seat, melting in its comfort. Daiki remained standing, his body and mind still tense. The realization of his eventual destination, the world he was about to enter and the games all haunting his very thoughts.

"I'm your guide for the Population Games. Think you could tell me things about yourself? Strengths, weaknesses… Goals… What can you do to get sponsors?" The angel yawned politely behind his hand.

"There is nothing much to tell really," Daiki said in a solemn voice. "I am a human first and foremost and that alone could be a stamp of being undesirable, as I ought not hath the appeal of my fellow competitors. I lack the wonder of the angels, the strength of demons or the magic of the vampires. I am an unremarkable human who spends more time bathing himself in the fantasies of old legends as a means of escapism from a grim world," Daiki took a deep breath. "I do suppose you want specifics though. To be honest, I do not see himself as particularly skilled though I almost hope you will disagree," Daiki said with a weak laugh. "I have trained with several swordsmen, done cooking with my dearest mother and participated in several forms of sports giving me a fair degree with athleticism. Though that is quite boring if I do say so myself. This," Daiki paused, producing a beacon of light in his right palm. "This is often what garners most people's attention."

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

"For your sake, I do hope you are right. Well perhaps not you personally. Your... Employees then,"

Preserias looked over at Daiki due to the wording of the comment. Nobody used the term "Employee" anymore, except when you were of the same status of the person you were talking about. The angel let it slide, believing that the humans had different definitions for everything. He was most likely speaking about the servants that catered to the guests of the ship.

Preserias did not check on Daiki until they had gotten to their destination. He wasn't at all interested in what the human's reaction was like to the fancy cruise ship. Not only because he didn't own it, but because it had nothing to do with the task at hand. He, however, spotted the slightest flex of the man's fist, and sat up a little taller in his seat. Daiki certainly didn't appear to be the violent type, but looks could be deceiving. Just look at Bernkastel. Nobody expected a fourteen-year-old girl to have such immense power to override all the young adults.

And, he listened. He listened politely to what Daiki had to say in response to his questions. He did not interrupt, and gave the man his full attention. All government officials, no matter from what district, had to have a sense of silence within themselves. The ability to listen to someone other than themselves, unlike those from the pre-supernatural age.

"This is often what garners most of people's attention."

The focus was set on the small orb of light in the human's hand. How peculiar... Though there were some human wizards in the district, many only had one of the four main elements. Light was rarity. Even for angels, the amount of light-magic users were not higher than any other element. This was quite sad if you really thought about it; more void magic than light.

"You would be suprised at what may be deemed undesirable in the God's land, Daiki. There has been a Human winner in the past eight years, so your chances are not as feeble as you say." His hands threaded together in thought. "I would like to see your skills of the sword sometime before the boat arrives in the new land. Cooking is an excellent skill to have as not to poison yourself. I cannot say how many times I've seen even angels fall from having improperly cooked the squirrel at fire, or the vampires whom drink the blood of the diseased."

"Your light is perhaps your best asset. If you can keep this talent between us, it will become a valuable tool in startling your opponents. Though I cannot name the offensive purposes of this magic off the top of my head, I can say that defense is more needed than attack at times. I am impressed that someone of your age has the ability to manipulate this energy."

"As you had said to have kept yourself updated... To who do you suppose you can make an alliance with before the Games begin?"

The reaction was to be expected. Raike didn't exactly seem to like Venius at the moment. The God watched with curious eyes as Raike strategically cut up the egg patties into neat rectangular pieces. He continued to study this behavior with a growing interest; not at all bothered that Raike ate and left none. What was more concerning was the lack of mess from such a fast feast of breakfast. Even Gods weren't as tidy as this human. It was peculiar.

"On the contrary, Raike." He smiled and leaned back. "You have manners. You just don't express them towards other people. You certainly respect your area and food enough not to make a mess. That is admirable. Then again, it's not like this is an eating competition. It'll definitely be amusing to watch how you care for your food in the Games."

"Of course you wouldn't tell your strategies. I've only seen a few people in my life who were too confident and stupid to throw it all there." Venius gazed back down at his drink. "I suppose you don't need much help with the interview itself. It's very brief, and only a few questions may be asked. Perhaps your best bet would be to show your humor. Amuse the Goddesses. Most Gods, in my opinion, are boring. They wouldn't mind a human with some spice and flare."

He grinned, and chuckled lightly at Raike's impression of an old-time truck driver. Well, the boy was certainly humorous. Venius doubted he would have trouble making the audience laugh. Laughter was good, because it meant he could entertain them simply with words and harmless gestures.

With a flick of his wrist, he flipped his fork, and stabbed a piece of freshly cut strawberry. "It also helps that you're not humble. I suppose we can work without any sort of alliance with the others." He didn't react to them being called prisoners. The young God only reacted to the sudden sheilds that stopped him from seeking out Raike's thoughts. The reaction was a flinch, then another fruit stab. It gave way to a light headache. He rarely had this sort of issue among others. Only those literally more powerful than he, could block out his ability. Not very many people trained their mind as well as their body. How interesting...

"Yeesh. Relax. it's not like the changes will be permanent, either. Nothing fruity. I swear." He took a sip of water. "Really, I was going to have you go as is, with some minor changes. I am wanting to make a replica of your boots. This replica will burn your footprints into the flooring temporarily. It will give the impression of danger. Goddesses like dangerous, rebellious men." He smirked. "Any objections?"

Chapter 4 – Amasus - Ryuu's Opponent
(Pronouced: Ah-mA-s-uh-s)

(To Be Editted)

Last edited:

Legend

Kingslayer
Years
"As you had said to have kept yourself updated... To who do you suppose you can make an alliance with before the Games begin?"

Daiki nodded and took a seat across from Perserias and looked at the angel with a rather blank impression. He hadn't really thought about alliances much, firmly believing that the game was nothing more than a battle royale in which competitors fought for the amusement of the Gods. It was a deplorable and morally wrong for the Gods to have children to do such a thing, but sadly he could not stop it being that he was a lower being. Even the supernatural had to bow down before them. Daiki internally sighed and tried to remember the names and faces of his fellow competitors, though he almost wanted to call them victims. His memory was blurry on many, causing Daiki to feel rather indifferent towards many. Daiki immediately crossed off any idea of allying with any of the humans such as Nokoto and Raike seeing how they were his direct competition. In theory, if they died and Daiki could hide from the others, he could survive. So any alliance with them was counter productive. The vampires Kerin, Fang, Shiro, Cyro and Scarlet gave Daiki the chills for the most part. He was never a fan of the race, since in general they displayed great spite towards humans. It made interaction with them awkward and at times difficult. Though Daiki did find Marisa quite adorable, feeling an urge to pinch her cheeks. Hopefully she wouldn't try to bite him afterwards. The Angels were a race Daiki always admired, but sadly only Amelia left any impression on him due to her dazzling beauty. Shizuka, Pewie and Kaito were forgettable, while Akira simply rubbed Daiki the wrong way as a poor representation of the Angels. This left the Demons as the last group and certainly the most diverse. Daiki found Xavier and Ryuu unnerving, especially the violent reputation Ryuu developed. Paris was certainly alluring. But…

"If I had to choose an ally, it would have to be the Lady Bernkastel. She is a two time winner, so her experience would prove greatly valuable. Also, one has to be quite powerful to win twice. Being the weak human I am, I need all the strength on my side. And her beauty is something to behold. Oh, how I wish I could meet the Lady in different circumstances. If I was to pursue an alliance with her, how would I go about it? And…you claim my powers could be useful, but I don't see how making bright lights could be useful?"

Eeveemaster9

Years of Lies
Years

When was a worse time? Before, or after the Gods reign?

That is much like the topic of religion or politics. It wasn't something you talked about out loud, but always pondered in the crevices of even the most busy mind.

Preserias knew his own opinion, and knew that most would not agree to it. The Gods certainly would, though.

He believed that before, was the worst. Population in the billions in Humans alone, with not enough resources to feed all those mouths. Even then, men with their hungry eyes and women with their dull sense of protection multiplied. There was violence over food and shelter. In the most recent years before the Gods, Holy Wars. Religions whom survived the idea of supernaturals bent to the ways of blood. Even the nature-based, peace religions were forced into these brawls for the rights of their followers. Millions died, before the Gods took a stand. They killed many of the diseased, crippled, and elderly, leaving only what stands today. Continents were shifted, or completely destroyed off the map. Was it for a good reason? Yes.

The world had been in ruins. And the Gods gave order to a breeding frenzy. Sure, there wasn't much food now for the regular citizens, but it was better than starving for three days and eating whatever vegetation could grow in the wounded earth. Many alone died from poisonous herbs; hunger overwhelming them to the point of madness.

Sure, the Gods had more than enough to go around now, but they deserved it. At least they weren't breeding and wasting precious supplies. They made use of their space, so much of their own continent was fields and forestlands. It took four years for the trees to grow back; even with the held of nature Goddesses. Not just the humans, but every other species had screwed up. And they paid for it.

--

Bernkastel was one of the more obvious choices as an ally. As Daiki had stated, she had won twice in the games, thus was powerful and knowledgeable. She had experienced two different senarios; both handled differently and with skill. Only a handful of others had a skill that could even come close to hers. Survival. Bern, however, thrived in these games.

"Always, she has a few rules that, if met, can mean an alliance. I would say that she is more likely to wait for you to ask, than approach you herself. Her main concern would be protection for herself, and her other allies. So be sure you know who her allies are before you ask."

Preserias tapped the table with his finger. "As for your magic abilities, light can be used for distraction purposes. Set up decoys to swerve your enemies in the wrong direction. Blind your foes, or disorient them with flashing, moving balls of light. Light can be used to brighten caves and places of hiding. One would be able to travel at night just like the vampires, and gain ground much quicker in comparison to the other humans."

Years
  • Age 30
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
His studio? Where was that if there were limited parking spaces? Well... it didn't sound too bad. Without debating the topic, Kerin followed the what he thought was a really tall vampire to the elevator. Raum led the way, pushing the buttons, stepping out at the right floor (which was the bottom floor) and outside into the sun. It was a little odd to see this place in the light; Kerin had only seen it the night before last when he came here in the pouring rain. Then, Kerin almost fell over as he heard the pop of an opening umbrella and Raum shielding himself from the sunlight. Why, the sun wasn't that hot. In fact, it felt warm and pleasant. So why...? Well, it didn't matter a whole lot.

A voice called out to them (well, to Raum) and Kerin turned his head with his guide's, noticing a man running towards them. He gave Raum a note and left as soon as he came. Kerin didn't take much notice of it but when he felt eyes on his neck, he looked back him.

"Nothing too important," the guide said.

"Right," Kerin blinked. He didn't care that much.

With a whistle from Raum, a sleek white and pretty luxurious car pulled up to them, with servants dressed to suit the car. They immediately tended to the man and with a wave of his hand, Kerin followed him in.

Conversation felt even more awkward than Kerin was.

"Last year I had a demon, so this is a wonderful change of pace for me~ Perhaps if you win, I can have another vampire next year~! Vampires are so much easier to work with," Kerin didn't say anything, feeling a little distasteful at being called a vampire. Of course, that's what he was but no, he wasn't. He didn't really like vampires but had to live with them. He was... what was he?

He didn't take much notice of outside and was barely as excited as his guide was. Kerin kept his eyes on his feet trying to practice keeping a small flame in his hands until Raum decided to point something out.

"These are where most of the Victors live after winning the Games~! All except for Bernkastel, of course," he added. Kerin glanced outside only to see possibly the biggest house he had ever laid his eyes on. It was enormous. Nothing could really compare to it, except maybe... a space station? Something really big. The moon perhaps? Was that going too far? And the last one was double the size of most of them! Kerin had only known his dingy house, his old home and right now, the 5-star rooms he lived in at this present time. He secretly wondered what the insides looked like.

"Why doesn't Bernkastel live here?" Kerin asked innocently, staring at the biggest one.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ryuu rammed the Earth Wall right into the god, and forced him to the side of a building. Ryuu had a smiled on his face as the wall collided with the concrete of the building, with the god right in between the two. Ryuu didn't ease off on the force, as he attempted to crush the god that lay between the rocks and the buildings. Suddenly, a fist broke through the earth wall Ryuu made, and connected right at Ryuu's face, causing the demon to be flung back right back into the street. The god broke through the rest of the earth that covered him and dusted himself off, turning his attention back at Ryuu, who lay in the middle of the street. Ryuu got up slowly, touching the area the god hit him with his hand, and then checking the hand for blood, which was present. He smiled, and faced back at the god.

"Good." he said, and made a running charge at him. The god met his charge this time, and the two collided right in the middle of the street. The two grasped each other's arms in an attempt to physically overpower the other. Surprising to Ryuu, the god was fairly physically capable, holding off Ryuu's arms with his own. The two seemed evenly matched in strength, at least until it became apparent that the god was slowly being forced toward the ground. Ryuu was still slightly stronger, at least in the physically capabilities. However, the god would have none of it. Using his foot, he positioned it behind Ryuu's back leg, and did a tripping motion to him, causing Ryuu to lose his balance, and before he could get a grip of it, the god managed to let go of Ryuu's arms, and, while Ryuu was still looking for his balance again, unleash a flurry of punches to the demon's face and chest. The motions were a blur, a set of double hits coming one after another with a momentary pause before continuing the rhythm. Each punch connected, with Ryuu unable to withstand the onslaught of the punches. Eventually, the momentum of the punches seemed to catch up with time, and forced Ryuu backward. As Ryuu attempted to gather himself, the god approached once more and unleashed an array of punches, as well as kicks now. Every blow was powerful, and fast. Ryuu couldn't dodge any. Actually, at the moment, he chose neither to dodge or block any, instead waiting for the right moment to commence his own attack. As the god went in with another combo of punch, punch, kick, Ryuu found his opening, and as the god prepared a kick on Ryuu's torso, Ryuu grabbed it. The god seemed to be surprised that Ryuu was able to pick up his leg, not to mention hang on. He tried to break free, but Ryuu would have none of it. He held on with all his might. A smile crept onto Ryuu's face once more, which was bleeding from the mouth and nose from the punches delivered by the god. Moving his head back, Ryuu positioned himself, and with as much force as he could muster, headbutted the god right into his face. Ryuu then moved his head back one more time, and repeated the motion. He leaned back once more, and did it again, and again, and again, until both he and the god's face were red with blood. Who's blood it was Ryuu did not know, but at this point, he didn't care. Ryuu leaned back one last time, and nailed the god once more with a headbutt, and finally released his leg, causing him to be pushed back, holding onto his head as the blood flowed freely. Before the god could get a grip and make a counter, he noticed too late that Ryuu was making a charge at him once more, and rammed right into him, knocking him to the ground. The two struggled to get a grip on each other, with neither succeeding for the moment. Suddenly, the god loosened his hold, causing Ryuu to push forward, only to see the god counter by flinging his body onto the ground. The god then grabbed Ryuu by the neck and shirt, and tossed him into incoming traffic. Ryuu was flowing through the air, unable to control himself as his body passed right in front of an incoming car, and was hit directly by it, the driver unable to stop in time. Ryuu was hit forward, and then flipped over behind the car.

He heard a crack somewhere in his body, but there was too much adrenaline flowing through his body at the moment to determine what exactly he had broken. Trying to ignore the pain, Ryuu stood back up, only to see the god approaching again. Ryuu panted heavily as laughed, noticing his ribs seemed to hurt every time he did so. The god stopped walking towards the demon, and looked around, examining the area. He noticed a bit to the left of Ryuu, next to the sidewalk was a pond full of water. It was time to take the battle to the next step. The god moved his arms around in a fluid motion. Ryuu, not noticing the pond behind him, stared at the god in perplexity, wondering what he was doing. By the time Ryuu figured out that the water was rising behind him and turned, the god launched it right at him, pushing him back a few meters. Ryuu tried to hold his ground, even under the pressure of the attack. The god, however, didn't give Ryuu a moment to rest as he launched another wave of water right at Ryuu's chest. Ryuu collapsed on the ground, the pain of the attack throbbing at his chest. Ryuu decided if he was going to fight with water magic, Ryuu would use his own. The god launched another wave of water at Ryuu, but this time Ryuu prepared to counter. Using every ounce of muscle and physical strength he could, he forced the earth in front of him to right in a cluttered set of rocks barely passing for an earth wall, having not enough energy to form a full one. The water bounced off the wall at first, but eventually made its way through the cracks and rammed right at Ryuu, knocking him down. Lying on his back, he looked around to try to find an option of an attack he could use. He could see that the god was coming close, and he was running low on options. He then felt something by his hand, noticing a large chunk of rock next to it. Ryuu grasped it in his hand and rose to his feet inelegantly. The god prepared, and sent another wave of water at Ryuu, who used every bit of energy he could to move out of the way of it. For a moment, he was a blur, which surprised even the god to see Ryuu move like that. He then roared out as he tossed the large rock at the god, combining his own magic attributes with all that was left of his physical strength to increase the speed of the toss. Ryuu smiled as the rock left his hand, and sped forward to the god. The god, then, in a swift motion, caught the rock with his hand, with almost no trouble, seeing the rock cause his hand to bleed a little, and force him a meter back. Ryuu's smile dropped.

"Well….that was a bit anti-climactic." Ryuu said, and the god launched a wave of water from the remainder of the pond at Ryuu, who instantly dropped to the ground, plummeting face-first to the concrete, no longer moving. The god smiled, realizing his victory, and prepared to finish off the demon. He approached Ryuu, speaking to him for the first time.

"You need to learn your place…" He said coldly, flipping over Ryuu to his front side. But as he did, Ryuu launched onto him, pressing and holding him onto the ground. He then used earth magic to trap his wrists and ankles, keeping him attached to the ground. The god was so surprised by this sudden tactic that he was unable to do anything to try and stop it, and was trapped by the earth chains. Ryuu then went to the side, and grabbed hold of a car, screaming out loud as he exerted his physical strength to try and lift it up. And lift he did, bringing it over his head as he approached the god and smiled, looking down at the trapped god as a look of dread came onto his face. He struggled to break free, but to no avail, and Ryuu slammed the car right on top of him. Ryuu panted on top of the car as he noticed blood seep through the bottom of the vehicle. But Ryuu wasn't done yet.

A few moments later, the god managed to break free of the chains and remove the car from on top of him. He looked terrible. His suit had been ruined, and his body was torn and bloody. The god was angry, but also trembling. The demon had pushed him to the edge, and he just wanted to finish him already. But as he looked around, he couldn't see him anywhere. It appeared as if the demon was gone. But then he heard loud screaming coming from somewhere. At first, he couldn't tell where it was coming from, but then he felt as if it was originating from above him. The god looked up, and noticed the demon Ryuu Akuma about to plummet right on top of him. Apparently, as the god struggled to get free from under the car, Ryuu had scaled the walls of the nearby building, and jumped off of it right as the god broke free from under the vehicle. And now, Ryuu was about to use all that force to crush into the god.

And he did. The impact of Ryuu with the god was more like an explosion of force than a crash. The entire ground beneath them both collapsed. Everything that was moveable within 20 meters was either broken apart or reduced to rubble. This was the effect of the second earth magic ability he learned: Aftershock. Dust and smoke piled up in the area as the effect of the blast slowly died down, until it was gone completely. As the dust cleared the air, Ryuu Akuma could be seen sitting on top of the body of what used to be the god he fought, breathing heavily. Ryuu looked around, seeing nobody within the immediate area anymore, nothing but the damage he had caused. Satisfied, he leaned back and closed his eyes, feeling he deserved this rest.

Back