• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2007
does anyone have the unLZ.GBA Leaf Green list. i mean like where all the diffrent pics are?

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
My Sapphire hack is running along smoothly now that I am using pokescript. The only problem is that when I load pokemon sprites in unLZ.GBA they look fine but in the game the background stays and some of their color turns white.

BTW, I have edited the palettes to accompany the sprite.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
does anyone have the unLZ.GBA Leaf Green list. i mean like where all the diffrent pics are?

Sorry it always be diferent in any Version. Sometimes it's there and in another LeafGreen it's there. Look around the higher numbers and sometimes use the 256 color mode and the Black/White mode.
My Sapphire hack is running along smoothly now that I am using pokescript. The only problem is that when I load pokemon sprites in unLZ.GBA they look fine but in the game the background stays and some of their color turns white.

BTW, I have edited the palettes to accompany the sprite.

Be sure that the first color of the palette is your background color. Also if you use a clear black in your sprite you have to hex it. A clear black color is in the battle transaparent. Try to use a liitle different color.
I have only one question.
Since I am hacking Pokemon Fire Red is it posibble to put an animated map?

I don't think so because every animation in the game is saved (and indexed) in the game. So you have to put some new ones in and that's not possible, sorry.

Last edited:

Youji

Game Designer
Years
It doesn't seem to work but I think I know how to fix it now. Now I just need to work like crazy tomorrow as it is the last day of the holidays.

Okay. Our holiday starts next wednesday~lol~. And how do you fix it yet?

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
It works now, must have just clicked something wrong. I'm not looking forward to Tuesday because straight away I have to do an oral presentation as we ran out of time in term 2. Luckily it's only a 3 minute talk.

Youji

Game Designer
Years
Thanx for the answer. Now, I have a huge problem. I've downloaded some tools from the http://wah.studiopokemon.com/index.php?go=herramientas/herramientas.php site, and none of the tools seem to work for me. I've recived some messages like this:

or this:

Please help me...

Here is a link [URL="http://www.dlldump.com/]DLL files downloads[/url]. On this site you can download dll files for free. Just enter the name they said in the messages and download it. If this site havn't the dll fikes just google it.
Enter: nameoffdll.dll free download or so.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
how do you remove from being in the truck in the begginning of sapphire??? cause when i used SMEA (start map editor) i set it to my room... and when i played it i was in the truck but not really in the truck i was in my room and i was TRAPPED... then when i set my clock wjhile in my room the mom came and said all this stuff then my rival was jus standing by the clock so i talked to her and she left but i COULDNT... So is there any way to remove the truck and being in and getting out of it???
Thnx...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
how do you remove from being in the truck in the begginning of sapphire??? cause when i used SMEA (start map editor) i set it to my room... and when i played it i was in the truck but not really in the truck i was in my room and i was TRAPPED... [...] COULDNT... So is there any way to remove the truck and being in and getting out of it???
Thnx...

Well, first of all use SMCA. SMEA is old and SMCA is just better, obviously.
I'll answer you by quoting my answer to a question like yours:

I think that the Readme is enough, isn't it?

Anyway, all hacking tools should not be used in a slapdash way, otherwhise you could have serious problem.

Regarding SMCA, I never told anyone that can fully remove the truck. I'm still working on that...
Also keep in mind that if you change the starting location, all the starting script have to be rewritten in the new place, of course. And you can't pretend that SMCA will do that for you.

silverish_dewil

PKMN Necromancer
Years
Here is a link [URL="http://www.dlldump.com/]DLL files downloads[/url]. On this site you can download dll files for free. Just enter the name they said in the messages and download it. If this site havn't the dll fikes just google it.
Enter: nameoffdll.dll free download or so.

thanks a lot that solves the problem.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
I've gotten farther along in my ROM hack, but I have a few more questions.

1) I'm having trouble with the game's PCs. On my earlier file for my hack, the PCs work fine. But, on my newer one with some edited text and routes, every PC in the game crashes when you Withdraw, Deposit, or Exit it. I've tried editing, but I have no idea what's wrong with it. Conflicting script error, maybe?

2) Whenever I attempt to insert a Pokemon's back sprite, the palatte always makes it come out weird.

Here's an example:

What I insert:
piplonjd8.gif

piplonbackspritekz6.gif

What they look like in-game:
piplonws1.png

piplonbackei0.png

I made the back sprite shiny and everything, but it won't work. Any help here?

3) I can't seem to fix the beginning text in the box with a Pikachu on it. Take a look at Zel's example from Shiny Gold:

image00as6.png

I've loaded up the three parts of the entering text into AdvanceText, but whenever I edit it...Well...

alittlehelpyo8.png

I understand that the reason that happens is because AdvanceText only edits the smaller text boxes, not that huge beast.

But, I need to know how Zel managed to edit the text without it coming out as NPC-talking-size. Is there a program that I already may have that edits what it says?

Thanks in advance,
~Diggeh

Years
  • Seen Apr 18, 2016
Question: Is it possible to move the "True" Double Battle Script (you and someone else vs. two other people) to Fire Red? If so, what is the Script?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I've gotten farther along in my ROM hack, but I have a few more questions.

1) I'm having trouble with the game's PCs. On my earlier file for my hack, the PCs work fine. But, on my newer one with some edited text and routes, every PC in the game crashes when you Withdraw, Deposit, or Exit it. I've tried editing, but I have no idea what's wrong with it. Conflicting script error, maybe?

2) Whenever I attempt to insert a Pokemon's back sprite, the palatte always makes it come out weird.

3) I can't seem to fix the beginning text in the box with a Pikachu on it. [...]
Is there a program that I already may have that edits what it says?

1. Well, I hope that you have a backup because it seems that you overwrot some important data. If you can get the backup, try to make changes step by step checking if the PC still work. In this way you'll trace what corrupted the PC's script.

2. Uhm, what program did you use to insert the sprite?

3. To edit that text it's better to use an hex editor which support table files, like Thingy32/Translhextion for example. The presentation text can be edited just like a common textbox; keep in mind that the max length is 42 (or 40? I don't remember at the moment) instead of 36.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back