• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think?

Incepticon

The Fakemon Spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
Why do you think they are making 2 games for Black and White? Why couldn't they have done one game?

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Why do you think they are making 2 games for Black and White? Why couldn't they have done one game?

They could have made one game, they just didn't.

Personally, I feel it's story related and involves the concepts of Taoism that the Tao trio represent, which is why we got 2 Kyurem formes instead of just 1.

Incepticon

The Fakemon Spriter
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 28, 2012
They could have made one game, they just didn't.

Personally, I feel it's story related and involves the concepts of Taoism that the Tao trio represent, which is why we got 2 Kyurem formes instead of just 1.

That makes sense! I never thought about that. I was just wondering what people thought about all that.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I think its to go with the Tao symbolism Thats why I think they made two Kyurem forms at least, though there will probably be minimum differences between the games, I would hope the story is a little bit different between them.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
More then likely is a good deal monetary related. Although there is probably settle differences in how the game plays maybe different gyms or different team composition.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Yeah agree with Kenshin on that it's just business too. Also, I think they might wanted to go at it a little different with gen V as a whole, a lot of things about gen V are different than the other gens.

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
More then likely is a good deal monetary related. Although there is probably settle differences in how the game plays maybe different gyms or different team composition.
I agree with this. One of the reasons they made two games was probably to bring in more cash.
It does make me wonder how different each game will be, though...

Jovi

schadenfreude
Years
  • Seen May 6, 2012
Because they want money, and maybe they're proud of themselves for how BW turned out.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Its all about the money !!!
yeah taoism is one of the reasons but so many people would buy both of the games(especially if they have different storylines) gamefreak would rake in ALOT of money just because they made two games

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Given that plans for B2/W2 were already underway before B/W, it wasn't purely a money related choice. The Taoism aspect works better with 2 games, and wouldn't make sense with just 1.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2012
Given that plans for B2/W2 were already underway before B/W, it wasn't purely a money related choice. The Taoism aspect works better with 2 games, and wouldn't make sense with just 1.

You have a point. Maybe, some portion of it was for money but the rest was all for the Taoism factor.

blue

gucci
Years
It's a new move and it's a good move, making the same method using a 3rd game for every generation can become repetitive and boring, it's fun to change things up and these are more than just third games, these are direct sequels.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I think they did it to add to the duel factor of Yin-yang. Personally I would'ver perfered one sequel version but I'm not really complaining, it add the sense of a direct sequel for both games rather than just a sequel for a mixed story line.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Story wise, Black and White left a bit of loose ends that would have benefited much more with a sequel rather than a rehash of Black and White a la Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum.

However, regardless of how they did it, I think the most notable reason why they chose to with another two versions and sequels is for the money factor. GameFreak is a business and they are all about the money. Black and White brought in respectable numbers in sales, and I think GameFreak saw an opportunity here and took it.

Plus, it's actually nice to see them breaking out from the norm and doing something different. The fact that the Japanese release date and the International release dates are so much closer together also means less waiting FTW!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
MONEY.
Lawd. Like, really and truly, as much as Game Freak loves to entertain their consumers, they love money just a wee bit more. Yes, they did leave a lot of unanswered questions, yes, people wanted to see an epilogue of sorts, but yes, and I can't stress this enough, they're a business. Businesses have but a few things in mind; making money, pleasing their buyers, making more money.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Like Aerilyn said, when gamefreak saw the opputunity they took it

Yeah the game has a yin/yang plot and it would be better complemented with sequels but it would also be complemented by the thin GRAY line between yin/yang (this is what many people speculated in the past) Both are ethnical solutions to black and white

Gamefreak probably had a big meeting discussing what to do,
1)have one remake
OR
2)have two remakes

And they obviously picked two remakes for the monetary gain

Years
I think N will be returning, and depending on the version, he will have either one or the other dragon (Zekrom in Black 2, because he captured it in Black, and Reshiram in White 2, because he captured it in White). If they've done just one version, they would need to negate one version of events and choose the other one as canon.

Of course the other, more important reason is money.

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2015
I think they could keep N as having either/or because it depends on the version you bought before. So if you get White 2 and you had White, it would almost seem like the same story. Reshiram and Zekrom are supposed to represent the Yin and Yang. Kyurem represents the definition of "absence of". So Kyurem fused with either legendary means "the abscence of yin" or "yang" depending on which version you buy. Which is why White 2 now has Reshiram, rather than Zekrom. It's like White + White in White 2, rather than White + Black in Pokemon White. Does that make sense? Or am I confusing you?

Back