• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you allowed to stay off school on your Birthday ?

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
Are you allowed to stay home from school on your birthday ?

I am not allowed to stay home on my birthday if it's on a weekday because my Mum/step dad don't think it's a good reason for me to stay home. My Step sister's is in the Summer holidays so no school for her.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
My birthday isn't during school - it's in the middle of the summer. However, honestly, I think I'd have just done whatever I felt like doing on the day. My going to school was never exactly enforced.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Are you allowed to stay home from school on your birthday ?
i never asked my parents if i can have holiday on bday bcuz i always go school on bday!! bdays are fun and all my friends will be mad at me if i won't go to scul on my bday bcuz they get chocolates xD XD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm 20. So if I want to stay home from school on my birthday, I will.

Before I graduated high school, I went to school on my birthday. It never really crossed my mind to stay home because of it.

#isthenumbersign
Years
Once my mom pulled me out of school early on my birthday. But I've never skipped the whole day entirely, except that one time, when there was a snow day haha.

Years
Generally my parents do prohibit me from staying off on my birthday during school for obvious reasons.. however my 18th birthday coming up in January just so happens to be on a federal holiday that is observed by my local school district as a day off. :D

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
My birthday is at the ninth of January, so I don't think so. And my parents really don't let me stay home, they're very strict.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
No my parents always made me go to school on my birthday, yeah I didnt get many breaks.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I always get to stay off school because my birthday : November 11 is a Canadian public holiday. Also if November 11 is on a day like Wednesday we get Thursday and Friday off too :D

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
well,i used to take days off whenever i want till i get a warning i go to school and start my evil work...and keep taking days off again...man,those were just the days! :3

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
Mine's 3 days before Christmas, so I never had to worry about it. lol

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
My birthday is usually around the first day of school so sometimes I get lucky but not always >8(

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Eh, never really thought about staying home on my birthday, but I don't think I'd actually want to. I mean, where's the fun in that, it's not like everyone else would have the day off. I have often stayed home on my birthday due to being sick though, and the last few ones fell on a weekend, so I'm perfectly fine with it :p

Years
I'm in college and get to make my own decisions, but I usually do want to stay home on my birthday since I'd rather relax at home than go to school. But life isn't that convenient so I've been going these last few years. Luckily my next birthday falls on a Saturday. :3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
How perfect I spotted this thread, since my birthday is Monday!

But anyway, in high school, I always had off from school on my birthday because it was teachers convention. In college, I haven't had the opportunity to decide yet. Last year it was on a Sunday, and this year I have off because of the hurricane damage to my college.

When I actually get the opportunity to decide for myself, I'll most likely stay home :3

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
My birthday is always on a long weekend/national holiday, sooooooooooo yeah, I stay home or go out regardless.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
The only time I've ever missed school for something that wasn't important, was Chinese New Years. My parents always made us go to school, even if we were sick. My high school attendance was pretty much perfect besides the times I would be late to classes because I was walking with friends.

Years
My birthday falls on what is considered a public holiday in the part of Australia I live in so yes, I do stay home on my birthday (even though I don't go to school anymore).

Back