• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

DMAC

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
AW MAN!!! I have waited for such a long time and know the new beta will not work. I get the terrible white screen...groan...i have downloaded from each link and get the same result. WHAT CAN I DO? PLEASE SOMEONE

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Open VBA, go to Emulator, Save Type, change it to 128k where the numbers are, close it, open it up, make sure the setting is still 128k and if so, open up your game and play ;)

DMAC

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
Origionally posted by EJames2001
Open VBA, go to Emulator, Save Type, change it to 128k where the numbers are, close it, open it up, make sure the setting is still 128k and if so, open up your game and play ;)

Arg...i know all those tricks already any other advice?

alo123

Munchlax Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 25, 2019

Sometimes it could be a problem with the patching program.
Which one do you use? I use Lunar IPS it works all the time
also known as LIPS

Last edited:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years

Like said above the patching could be the issue.

Make sure the Ruby Rom is American and clean.
I used Gbata(Google it) to patch the rom, used the 128k settings and the game worked fine for me ;)

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Why do you need to patch it if you're using VBA? VBA comes with automatic IPS patching, just make sure the ips file and base rom have the same name and are in the same folder and VBA will do the rest.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Why do you need to patch it if you're using VBA? VBA comes with automatic IPS patching, just make sure the ips file and base rom have the same name and are in the same folder and VBA will do the rest.
Actually, you're incorrect. VBA doesn't come with "automatic IPS patching," and the IPS file and the base ROM do not need to have the same name and must be in the same folder. :|

DMAC

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2015
I am under the same patching information as rikudaman. I believe it is what is known as "soft patching", as apposed to to "hard patching". What i dont get is why this will not patch like the others. i have played numerous other hacks by using the information rikudaman. So i do think the VBA has a auto patching system, but his time it will not work. i guess i will download a new ruby base, but wierd that this base doesnt work when it has worked with other ruby based hacks.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Actually, you're incorrect. VBA doesn't come with "automatic IPS patching," and the IPS file and the base ROM do not need to have the same name and must be in the same folder. :|

visualboy-advance-menu.gif

Look carefully and you'll see the option.

adi_balwani

A HUGE game fan
Years
It never works... I tried using GBATA and LIPS and used 128 settings but It didn't work, It only showed a white screen... It didn't even show the intro

And the ROM I use works for every other game

School days again...
Years
It never works... I tried using GBATA and LIPS and used 128 settings but It didn't work, It only showed a white screen... It didn't even show the intro

And the ROM I use works for every other game

Use Visual Boy Advance and patch it correctly if needed.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2011
Maybe we should wait 'till Wes releases another beta...
Maybe the new one should be patchable

Who said that it is not patchable, many people already played the beta, so it means that it is patchable :D (i am one of these people)

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2012
i played through the beta fine on my computer, but then i tried it with gpsp and it doesn't work... i think wes has a bunch of compatibility stuff that got taken out or something from the game :( chances are it won't be fixed in the next beta either... but i'll keep my fingers crossed :D

yozdutzu

the master of all legends
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 11, 2011
wes sayd that the english beta will be released in one week so be patient ok?

Back