• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Version Will You Get?

Which Version Will You Choose?

• Pokémon X

Votes: 85 36.8%
  • Pokémon Y

Votes: 92 39.8%
  • Both

Votes: 50 21.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
I only have a limited amount of money so I'm not going to use it buying two of the same game with different Pokemon. If I need the other, I'll just get a ROM or transfer the Y exclusive Pokémon into X.

I'm just going to get Pokémon X. 3ds games are expensive!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 8, 2014
I'm going for X because I prefer the legendary. It looks so elegant and graceful :D Also, I just like the letter X better than the letter Y, for some reason.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
I'm most likely getting Y. I've been wanting a Dark/Flying legendary for some time now.
As soon as the third one is announced I'll get that one too so I can test battle mechanics and whatnot (assuming we get the pokemon Y XL so I can actually play both games at once.)

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Y! Yvetal looks badass and my boyfriend's getting X, so it's a pretty easy choice for me. I honestly don't mind which I end up getting as the version exclusives look great for both, so we've made an agreement to trade over any Pokémon we want from the other versions and it'll all be fine and dandy. Plus have you seen the giant letter 'Y' on the case? Pure badass.

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
Well since I can't really judge the games, il just go for Y simply because the legendary looks cooler in my opinion.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Well, when I buy a Pokémon game, I always end up buying its counterpart somewhere down the road. So to make things simple, ever since Gen 5, I buy both versions at once. This time will be no exception.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2014
Yveltal seems so badass, but all the artwork, title screens and artistic influence for X looks so breathtaking gorgeous. This is going to be a tough choice but I think I'll go with Y and then buy the third instalment or X2, whatever the next game to come out is.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Probably X, as I much prefer the design of Xerneas to Yveltal. I won't be getting them on launch, so I'll definitely end up having a look at exclusives and other differences between the games before making my final decision.

Years
I will probably get Pokemon Y based on a pattern I've been following since the days of Gold and Silver.

Gold & Silver - got Gold
Ruby & Sapphite - got Ruby
FireRed & LeafGreen - got LeafGreen
Diamond & Pearl - got Pearl
HeartGold & SoulSilver - got HeartGold
Black & White - got Black

Even though I think Xerneas looks cooler than Yveltal, I'm alright with choosing Y over X.

Draqonite

Draco Meteor?
Years
Honestly i have to wait for more version exclusives..i was going to get Y but clauncher being a X exclusive has me thinking.

Years
I'm thinking that I will get Pokemon Y. I like the legendary mascot of that game better, and I think it will have better exclusives.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Pokemon X, Ill have to wait a while to play it tho since Im gonna need to borrow my cousin's 3DS and he is getting Pokemon Y.

atomtanned

Delinquent
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2022
I love the look of Xerneas, so I'm getting X. My brother and I always pick opposite versions so that we can trade for exclusives! He got to pick the gen 5 game he wanted, so I got to pick this time around.

Back