• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Asphar Version

Of which feature would you like to see a short video?

• A Storyline Event

Votes: 44 40.0%
  • The Revamped Intro

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • The Battle System

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • Training

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • The Laptop

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • The Menu

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • Pokemon World

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Move Selection

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • Something Else (please state)

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Nice update and features.

Looking even better every update although I don't like that font that much.

Oh well doesn't matter it would probably look better in the game

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
I'm being completely honest when I say that this has to be the game I look forward to the most you seem to be making one of the most inovative pokemon game expierences yet.

Lockmaster24

Years
I showed this to my friend and he agrees that nintendo should have done something like this a long time ago.

Years
Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Sorry there hasn't been any updates past few days - it's been a performance week in college (performance was yesterday and everything that could go wrong, did go wrong :tired:).

However, there will be some more info on the PTM, and a screenshot or two up within the next 48 hours sometime. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2012
Wow! Concept and features of this game is so interesting.. and it's something new:)

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
Aww...Novus and I were talking 'bout having properties for sale (although it's much different from this)

Oh, well. Anyways, that's looking incredible! I really like the graphics, and the features.

A game I will definitely download!

Well actually, that is pretty much exactly like that feature I designed for you Maximus, except with mine having some more options of what to do with the property after buying it.

Well, looks like I'll need to get back to the drawing board to "up" my idea, don't want what'll now be a copied feature under my belt (uniqueness, I can't help it :p).

Laters all
-Kiwi-

p.s. Came out of Pokecommunity Retirement for this comment lol

Years
Just a short post, cause I'm a bit busy working on my portfolio for university interviews next week.

I promised a screenshot, although it's not really a happy one:

Bills.png

Yes, bills. :( lol

uniqueness, I can't help it :p

I admire that. :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2018
I believe that if you don't pay your bills a guy comes and forces you to battle and his pokemon are considerable stronger then your own and the fight causes atleast one of your pokemon to get an injury that will cause it to be unable battle and the amount of your bills will be taken from you as the penalty for losing,but that's just what I think will happen.

Years
Two suggestion:

#1:Legendaries
Legendaries should be made stronger. Since you dont have the actual number for stats etc, and you have the growth rate thingy for gyms and trainer battle, i suggest you make legendaries a tougher challenge as compare to the character's current growth rate, that is no matter what level you are, legendaries will always be stronger and in the "Danger" gauge zone (maybe 20 "levels" higher in terms of ability and skills)....Also, a caught legendaries will not listen to your command until your growth rate is on par with it's level.

#2: Starter
Let's have some new triangle instead of the boring fire/grass/water, we add dual type

Fire/Dark (Houndoom)
Water/Psychic (Slowbro)
Grass/Fighting (Breloom)

Dark>Psychic>Fighting, but Grass>Water>Fire
Technically, type advantages doesn't play a big role here.

Defensive play will choose slowbro, offensive will take breloom, while houndoom for diverse movepool

Years
UPDATE :D

Hey. Been a while with no updates. Sorry about that.
Still been working on the game though, and making steady progress.

A few changes to the game:
  • I've removed the "Pay Bills" feature
  • I'm redesigning some of the system graphics
  • I'll be including Johto Pokemon now too
  • I've made some changes to the start of the game*
* You can now choose where you would like to start the game. There are four possible choices:
StartTown1.png
StartTown2.png

StartTown3.png
StartTown4.png

As you can see, at least three of them tells you what sort of Pokemon reside in that area. The reason behind this is because it will affect what type of Starter Pokemon you have.

After you have gone through the whole intro thing, you choose your hometown. The first bit of storyline (and also the first errand) is completely unique to each hometown, and involves you capturing one of the Pokemon that live in the area.

Which hometown would you pick?

More updates soon.

#1:Legendaries
Legendaries should be made stronger. Since you dont have the actual number for stats etc, and you have the growth rate thingy for gyms and trainer battle, i suggest you make legendaries a tougher challenge as compare to the character's current growth rate, that is no matter what level you are, legendaries will always be stronger and in the "Danger" gauge zone (maybe 20 "levels" higher in terms of ability and skills)....Also, a caught legendaries will not listen to your command until your growth rate is on par with it's level.
Definately. Agreed. Something like that. Legendaries will actually be legendary lol.

#2: Starter
Let's have some new triangle instead of the boring fire/grass/water, we add dual type

Fire/Dark (Houndoom)
Water/Psychic (Slowbro)
Grass/Fighting (Breloom)

Dark>Psychic>Fighting, but Grass>Water>Fire
Technically, type advantages doesn't play a big role here.

Defensive play will choose slowbro, offensive will take breloom, while houndoom for diverse movepool

Sorry, but I've stuck with the Fire/Grass/Water triangle, sort of. At least if you don't want one of them you could choose to start your game in Tukimus Town - many different types of Pokemon there. :)

Last edited:

PatJamma

From the ashes
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 8, 2022
i like the updates but i just thought of something if possible take out the ringing sound when your pokémon has low health

Lockmaster24

Years
hey nice to see updates on this again.

It looks good but wouldn't be easier to keep the health bar in a single spot

Years
i like the updates but i just thought of something if possible take out the ringing sound when your pokémon has low health

Sure. That always got on my nerves. :P

wow, this sounds totally awesome! can't wait to play it, good luck with making it :D

Thanks.

hey nice to see updates on this again.

It looks good but wouldn't be easier to keep the health bar in a single spot

It doesn't really make too much difference coding wise, so as a player would you prefer it to stay still?

Also, the pokemon and health bars in that screenshot don't move quite as fast as that.

New Screenie!
Battle4-1.png

I'm just going to explain a few things in this screenshot...

• Danger Bar - As mentioned in the feature list, this shows you how strong the opponent is compared to your active Pokemon
  • Fatigue - Moves no longer have PP, instead the stronger the move, the more fatigued your Pokemon gets. When the fatigue Bar reaches full, your Pokemon has to rest for a turn or two.

Also, I'd like to introduce the feature of...
"Move Selection"
Each Pokemon can learn many different moves which they don't have to forget. At any point outside of battle, a player can access a Pokemon's Skills Screen and choose out of all that Pokemon's learnt techniques, which 4 he wants to set for battle. This allows for lots of strategic customisation on the player's part.​

Back