• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Personality Challenge.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years

The Personality Challenge.

Spr_2c_094.gif

Introduction

Hello, and welcome to The Personality Challenge.
This a really simple challenge. All you have to do is sign-up, saying how many Pokemon you wish to use for your challenge and what game you will be using. Then, the next poster will respond, giving you your Pokemon. However, they will be based on your personality. Since I'm sure we don't know every poster thoroughly well, you may use this as a guide.
So say the person above you wants only two Pokemon, if you describe them as angry and compassionate (if such a combination exists), then you could choose to give them Pokemon like Primeape and Luvdisc respectively. Simple, no?

Challenge Rules

1.) Trading is permitted, as long as you trade them over at a low level, early in the game.
2.) Hacking in a Pokemon is also allowed, under the same circumstances as the previous rule.
3.) You are free to do an Ultimate Personality Challenge if you wish to do so. Just be sure to notify me of what games you will be using.
4.) The challenge ends when you defeat the Elite Four (in all games except for G/S/C, Emerald, and HG/SS) In the aforementioned games, the game ends when you beat Red at Mt. Sliver, or in Emerald's case, Steven inside Meteor Falls. Also, in B/W, the game ends after you defeat Alder.
5.) You can also do this for the spinoff games Pokemon Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness. (In which case, the game ends after beating Evice or Greevil respectively)
6.) No legendaries, please.
7.) You can use HM slaves, as long as they are not part of your 'actual party'. However, this does not prevent you from actually teaching an HM move or two to one of your Pokemon in your party.
8.) Have fun. c:

Brave Challengers

Once you receive your party, please inform me of what they will be, so I may add them next to your name. c:

RBYG:

GSC:
Fearow_Fan (Silver) {Kadabra, Umbreon, Raichu, Lapras, Noctowl, Togetic}

RSEFRLG:
Loud and Annoying Pidgey (Sapphire) {Exploud, Illumise, Swellow, Altaria, Gardevoir, Sableye }
yuki3056 (FireRed) {Lapras, Slowbro, Venusaur, Vileplume}
That Dergon (Emerald) {Banette, Blaziken, Hariyama, Shedinja}
k137an (Ruby) {Grumpig, Beautifly, Gardevoir, Spinda, Wobbuffet}
pokehearts (FireRed) {Pikachu, Pidgeot, Jigglypuff, Nidoking, Kadabra, Hitmonchan}

DPPtHGSS:
Giratina ♀ (SoulSilver) {Pidgey, Spearow, Weedle, Vulpix, Magmar}

BW:
Sooyun (White) {Hahakomori, Mamanbou, Kenhorou, Shinbora, Chillaccino, Miruhog}

Colosseum/XD:

Winning Challengers:
InfernoRogue (Ruby) {Slowking, Dusclops, Marowak, Noctowl, Magmar, Furret}

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll begin.

Game: One of the third gen. games. Haven't decided yet.
Pokemon: Full six.

Last edited:

Enigma

Years
It doesn't have to be in depth. Just take a random assumption, based on maybe the person's sig or something? For example, I could assign you Blaziken, because it's in your sig, etc.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
I see.

As for you...you are Clever, Dutifull, Fierce, Formal, Frank and Logical.

So you get...........Slowking, Dusknoir, Marowak, Lopunny, Magmortar and Noctowl.
Is that ok?

Enigma

Years
Yeah, you did it correctly, but since I'm using a 3rd generation game, I can't use pokemon like Magmortar and Dusknoir. Would you mind picking some different ones? :P I would suggest some, but it's not my decision. xP

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
I'll join in as well.

Game: White (i have the 649 edit, so you can give me one from each gen and 2 from 5th if you choose)
Pokemon: full team

Enigma

Years
Okay.
Traits are friendly, compassionate, diligent, brilliant, efficient, helpful.
Wobbuffet, Luvdisc, Kenhorou, Alakazam, Chillaccino, Bibarel.

C:

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Bibarel...
Ewww... 4th gen's Raticate only much less awesome! Minezumi's cooler. (Meerkats > Beavers)

Luvdisc...
Never used it so no opinion. Always went with Marill.

Wobbuffet...
The wall to Alakazam's Sweep

Kenhorou
Hopefully will become like my Swellow in Sapphire (staple for every team)

Chillaccino...
had my eye on the Chillarmy family are would have used it in my regular playthrough

Enigma

Years
Good luck with your new team. :P I'll be beginning soon as well.

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
From axlefoley, the White 649 hacker:
Also because people may not want spoilers I will not post pokemon locations or evo methods here (also I can't remember half of them) so just experiment.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=233354

The thread has been closed and I don't like playing Search for the Needle in the Haystack, not to mention the fact that the modifier is very hit-and-miss and causes game freezes (tried to mod in lvl 5 Chillarmy and the game crashed). I'm going to restart my game on Black w/out the hack, so I hope changing my team to 5th gen (Black exclusivity in mind) won't be an issue with you?

Enigma

Years
That's fine. So I have to re-pick your team so that they are all obtainable in the 5th gen?

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Yes please. I'm aiming to minimize my hacking exploits, so no Pokemon that can't be caught via Pokeball/given through in-game trade.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Oh, I want to try this. Poor SS hasn't been getting much love at all. I may not post updates too much, since that really isn't my thing, but I'll still be doing it. c:

Game: SoulSilver
Party: Five. The sixth will probably be a hacked Mew for TMs.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Given your aggressive bird thingy in your sig, I give you Pidgey and Spearow. And for extra conflict (helped by your Final Fantasy avatar, I s'pose), like aggressive bird thingies, you should have a Weedle. Alright, that's three. Erm... and you should have some exclusives too, for conflict with Pokémon Gold, and fire resembles conflict, so you should have a Vulpix. And Magmar, right? And that... that is five Pokémon. Yay.

So: Pidgey, Spearow, Weedle, Vulpix and Magmar.

I got those right, right? Tell me if you need better ones...

Right then, I'll be doing Ruby. I want one Pokémon. It can't be a starter or Pikachu.

Enigma

Years
Yes please. I'm aiming to minimize my hacking exploits, so no Pokemon that can't be caught via Pokeball/given through in-game trade.
Okay, so...
Traits: friendly, compassionate, diligent, brilliant, efficient, helpful.
Pokemon: Hahakomori, Mamanbou, Kenhorou, Shinbora,
Chillaccino, Miruhog.

Hopefully that's alright? xD

SyngthaSuyeon

Years
Hahakomori *looks at movelist* I won't be evolving Kurumiru until after lvl 36
Mamanbou *looks at stats* nice HP, but a wall it is not.
Kenhorou *looks at moves and stats* Swellow 2.0!
Shinbora *looks at moves and stats* if there's ever a reason to have TMs, this is it.
Chillaccino *looks at moves and stats* Technician is useless unless you don't teach it anything aside from Pound, Double slap, Tail slap, Swift, Wake Up slap, and Echo Voice.
Miruhog *looks at stats and moves* Not as speedy as Linoone, but looks much cooler than Bibarel.

This is fine.

yuki3056

Grass Types own
Years
Sure I will take on this challenge why not I will do it in...umm well all my actual games are being used atm...wish I woulda saw this before starting my japanese white game lol...ok I will use an emulator...give me a team forrrr....Fire Red

Back