• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who is your favourite minor character?

Do you think minor chracters should show up in anime?

• Heck Yeah!

Votes: 32 84.2%
  • No, minor characters are just "acsessories"

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I really don't care for minor characters

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2011
Lance was really cool in the G/S/C games. That whole Lake of Rage incident was really fun.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Mine would be Daisy Oak. I think she should appear in the anime since she is Gary's sister after all... o.O

Jebel35

Legendary Seeker
Years
Would be wicked if they actually brought Richie into the series a lot more. But he only seems to make special "guest" appearances in movies and such.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
I know seriously, Wallace from the E4 in Hoenn shows up, so does May.

Minor Characters should appear in anime than just in the games, it seems like raceisum against minor characters. I also don't think Ash should be in the next series (if there is another one) he has been with pokemon since 1994.

So, Ash has been with pokemon for 14 years today

Jebel35

Legendary Seeker
Years
I know seriously, Wallace from the E4 in Hoenn shows up, so does May.

Minor Characters should appear in anime than just in the games, it seems like raceisum against minor characters. I also don't think Ash should be in the next series (if there is another one) he has been with pokemon since 1994.

So, Ash has been with pokemon for 14 years today

I disagree, taking Ash out of the series would ruin Pokemon for at least two generations of kids/teenagers who have practically grown up with him. Keep Ash as the protagonist for as long as the Pokemon series exists, I say.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
I disagree, taking Ash out of the series would ruin Pokemon for at least two generations of kids/teenagers who have practically grown up with him. Keep Ash as the protagonist for as long as the Pokemon series exists, I say.

well yeah, but they did have one series without him. And I have grown up with him too. Me and my bro had an action figure :)

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
Ok mine are as follows:
Jimmy/Kenta, Brendan, Ritchie, and Lorelei.

Who is your favourite minor character in the games/anime/magna?

Mine would have to be Wally and Brendan
Has Wally even been in the anime? Brendan I can see being a huge protagonist. In his cameos in the movies he's depicted as top contender. All in favor of a spin off series with Brendan and Wally?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
Ok mine are as follows:
Jimmy/Kenta, Brendan, Ritchie, and Lorelei.

Has Wally even been in the anime? Brendan I can see being a huge protagonist. In his cameos in the movies he's depicted as top contender. All in favor of a spin off series with Brendan and Wally?

No Wally hasn't, but Brendan has been in the beginings of 2 pokemon movies. I think Brendan and Wally should make an appearence like May does in Pokemon DP:Battle Dimension. Don't you?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Games: Mitsuru/Wally. He's totally pwnsome. I want to see him more often. <3

Anime: Shigeru/Gary. He never appears anymore. I miss him dearly. </3 And we need more CavalierShipping hints! ;D

Manga: Silver. I wish they'd hurry up and unpetrify him and the other four. >.>

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Wally x 10000000000000000000000000004 for all three :3

Im aware he wasn't in the anime.

Joe posted! :o -gaspgasp-

He should be in the anime. He would be...awesome. And I could fangirl over him and stuff...if I'm not already busy doing that right now...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
Years
Would be wicked if they actually brought Richie into the series a lot more. But he only seems to make special "guest" appearances in movies and such.

I agree, Jebel. Ritchie to me always seemed to be that special factor. And the person who defeated Ash in the Pokémon League was pretty cool at least. He's sorta like the clone with nicknames to Ash. XD That's kinda how I always thought of him. So, I'd say he's my favourite minor character in the anime. Seriously, who doesn't like a guy that marks his Poké Balls with stars. >O Heh, yeah, back in the good ol' days. Ritchie was a great character. So, for the anime, Ritchie takes my vote.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Yeah, I have to agree with BeachBoy and Jebel35. Ritchie was instantly my favourite character on the show because he was cool. There was nothing else to say. Everybody Ash lost to, Ash would challenge for a rematch and win, that didn't happen with the Ash and Ritchie match. Nope, Ritchie just destroyed Ash and that was that. I, too, saw him as a clone of Ash, to be honest with you. A slightly more mature clone, but a clone, nonetheless. They should definitely make more episodes featuring Ritchie, in my opinion.

Back