• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Light Version [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years

Introduction.[a id]Introduction[/a id]
Okay welcome to Pokemon Light's offical thread. This is the theird major try of this hack. While maintiaing the origanl storyline, ideas, while adding new tibits. The reason for starting over so much, is I keep progressing as a hacker, and my old work would get re-written by my new work. It started to not flow well, and was way to un organise. I hope to bring you the best hack I posiably can, please post, and share your opinion in any way.

Rom Info.[a id]RomInfo[/a id]
Code Base: Pokemon FireRed [BPRE]
Language: English

StoryLine.[a id]StoryLine[/a id]
Your dad is the gym leader of your home town. As such you, and your best friend, who is the son of the world proclaimed professor, are loved in beacon city. Life there is fun, but predictable. Every year Professor Layton holds his annual pokemon competition; You and your friend decide to enter it. After participating and seeing all the exotic pokemon you and your friend decide to adventure forward, and explore the world on a research grant. A corrupt political party has participated in horrific experiments on pokemon. Professor Layton is also a detective who will be joing you on your quest to un mask the villains. It is in your best interest to get close to the top, and in doing so you and your friend enrol in the pokemon elite challenge. Battling all 8 gyms and becoming a pop star all at the same time.

Features.[a id]Features[/a id]

A New Mailbox System were you can get messages for characters on events, mini games, items and just pain old small talk.
Custom Fakemon,some by me. Look Below.
A New Custom Sprited Hero/Heroin.
Some 4th, and 5th Generation Pokemon
Custom Tiles.
A storyline you have never seen before.
The Game Is more of a Free Lance Stlye. Meaning That you dont go from town to town. You go to one town, then back to another, then to a whole new town. Basicly even if you beat the gym leader, you will still be going back to that town again later. The amont of sceens, events, and sheer gameplay between each towns is a lot more than any normal hack. I am trying to make a hack that when you beet it, your pokemon will normaly be around 90's and hours taken around the 50's.
You can get other starters throw Side quest, remember to check your mailbox.
No Trade Evo's
New Gym Leaders
You can cook/synthesis items with recipes.
Its Possible to get every Pokemon and compleate your pokedex.
New Gym Leaders.
A telephone system.
A watch, and timed sidequest.
extra sidequest after you beat the game.
and more to come so make sure to check back!

Screens.[a id]Screens[/a id]

Betas

Beta 1 Download Now!
http://www.filedropper.com/lightbeta1
Posted on August 29th at 1:48AM

The Team.[a id]TheTeam[/a id]
If you will like to join the team, or contribute in anyway you can do so by PM since the team thread is down. I am currently very intresed in a spriter, and an asm hacker who can help with the more complicated ideas I have.

Samike360 He has been a great help. Scripting from the beging before I was able to. Even when I make a mistake or get stuck he is able to fix any problem; it's truly amazing. I am quite grateful to have him on the team.
AnimeFtw Indexed a bunch of sprites for me saving me loads of time.
Ruka Prince/DavidJCobb Fixed all my horrible grammar and spelling mistakes. This is truly a big task and with out him this hack wouldn't run well.
Jambo51 He never applied but he contributed so many asm routines that he deserves more recognition. He is one the coolest asm hackers out there.
-Ty- Spriter (made the 3rd gym leader)

Credits.[a id]Credits[/a id]
Now sence I wrote this new thread from scratch, I probably forgot some people. If that is you, I am trully sorry, please PM me and I will add you in the credits.

'worldslayer608' for banners he made on the original pitch of pokemon light.
'Mitchel1' For his rombase that made ripping, and inserting some Tiles quicker.
'Klydove' For his tiles in mitchel1's rom base and for other assorted tiles.
'Score_Under' For Script help and explaing to me the basics when I first started out.
'Full Metal' For Letting me use his css code to learn and expland apon.
'NiKaNoRoU' For Spritng the Lucario From the Title Screen.
'Darthatron' for his ASM Routine, and answering all my questions.
'JPAN' For his Hacked FR Engine that made everyones life a little bit easer.
'Alistair'-for the small tree tile.
'Full Metal' Made the amazing css, he is the best. :D
'Diegoisawsome' 3 Layer Tile hack.;Big help.
'princelegendario' Some tiles.
'thedeadheroalistair' Public Tiles
'wesleyfg' Public Tiles
'lightbulb15' Public Tiles

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Awesome, a new hack. Hmm first off I must say that the thread is hard to read because of the color of the font. Secondly there a few minor spelling errors in the introduction.
I really like the look of the game. Not too far off from the classic style, no what I mean? The story seems cool though I'm not sure what the M.O. is. (Is it just to get stronger?). Will the OW's change? And who is your starter? Am I asking too many questions? Maybe but nothing that everyone else won't ask soon ^_^ Hope to see progress on this one.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Might I ask what routine you're using? :o

Also, it's very difficult to read if you have a light background (like me). Perhaps use CSS to change the background color, or change the font.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2013
Here's a idea for you game. Insert Mt. Battle into it. It's from Pokemon XD/Colosseum. Essentially it's one of the ultimate challenge for a trainer. the player ends up battling pokemon at level 70 by the time one reaches Area 10. The player can also re-battle any or all the Areas even if they beat that Area. The first time one beats Areas 1-9 he/she can obtain a TM, but he/she doesn't gain anything for beating Area 10, but if the player beats all Areas he/she obtains a rare pokemon. I suggest a Gen V pokemon like Axew or Deino.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Awesome, a new hack. Hmm first off I must say that the thread is hard to read because of the color of the font. Secondly there a few minor spelling errors in the introduction.
I really like the look of the game. Not too far off from the classic style, no what I mean? The story seems cool though I'm not sure what the M.O. is. (Is it just to get stronger?). Will the OW's change? And who is your starter? Am I asking too many questions? Maybe but nothing that everyone else won't ask soon ^_^ Hope to see progress on this one.
First off this is my first hack, but not my first attempt; look at "threads created by".I will make sure to fix the coloring issue. (Of the thread) It looked nice with my forum stly.

Might I ask what routine you're using? :o

Also, it's very difficult to read if you have a light background (like me). Perhaps use CSS to change the background color, or change the font.
A map routine, it's pretty basic; but useful.

Lookin good coming from the screenshots :) just slightly hard to read the text :(
I will make sure to fix it. xD

This game looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a supporter - and I'd be willing to beta test if I can
I am very happy to hear your compliments. :) It brings me joy to know my hack is of a cretin quality.

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
Can not wait! :D
I really hope to see this go far, after staring at the storyline off and on for half an hour, it looks pretty chill! :)

kervin9999

"Froslass and Froslad"
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
hmmm... It looks nice. I just dislike the "white thing" on the last two screenshots and your spellings on your first post...
These are some words you misspelled(I also checked some grammar):
Welcome to Pokemon Light's official thread. This is my third major try of this hack. While maintaining the original storyline and ideas, I'm also adding new tidbits. The reason for restarting so much is I keep progressing as a hacker, because of that my old work would get rewritten by my new work. It started to flow unwell and was way to unorganized. I hope to bring you the best hack I possibly can, please post and share your opinion in any way.
(There's more mistakes on the next paragraphs..)

Last edited:

Silent Crest

Celestial Shine
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
There's a few spelling mistakes in the screens, e.g competition instead of composition, controversial instead of contraversial.

As well as in the thread as Kervin pointed out. Besides the intro, it should be "now, since".

/grammarnazi.

But otherwise, the graphics look great.

Years
Something minor such as houses have shadows, but something as big as a lighthouse doesn't?

Lightscreen2.png

It's spelled "competition."

Oh, and NiKaNoRoU = Poster.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
No prob.
But the tree,it looks kinda wierd in that PAL,don't you think?
Yes I agree, sadly there was enough pallets in the main tileset. I am trying to figure out a way to fix this.

Something minor such as houses have shadows, but something as big as a lighthouse doesn't?

Lightscreen2.png

It's spelled "competition."

Oh, and NiKaNoRoU = Poster.
I will try to incorporate a shadow for the light house. (It was my original desire) Once I insert the 3-Layer Tile routine. Okay and I fixed the spelling mistake in game :D Thank you.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2011
I like the presentation! Anyway, this hack seems great, the storyline is plain, the mapping isn't that bad, and the graphics are simple, well if you ask me, I don't like the HG/SS houses combined with FR/LG graphics it's just weird. That's just my opinion, but overall it's a cool hack. I'll keep an eye on this! Goodluck.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Thank you very much, I am planing to infuse more custom graphics, but I do not have a spriter. So everything I have is either from a resource or ripped from another game.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
Years
I could help with tile insertion,just send me the trees you(and other tiles)you want in.
yeah,I'm cool like that.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Oh I can insert perfectly fine. There are just 6 pals for the main tileset and there aren't any un used colors I could switch for better pallets. But thanks for the offer If I could mange to remove some pals and add others, that would not take way from the game then I will do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back