The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Advertise here

Old August 31st, 2012, 01:11 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Okay so there's been five - Pokemon Lab (w/e that is?), NetBattle, Shoddy, Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown. All of them have different features and each bring something different to the simulation-based competitive battling. Which was your favourite to use and why? Was it because battling seemed more natural on that? Which took the longest to get used to and which has the best design? etc share your thoughts.

Last edited by Forever; August 31st, 2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old August 31st, 2012, 01:15 AM
Fire Flyy
metaphysical poet

Nature: Sassy
You forgot Pokemon Lab [lol]

Pokemon Online is my favorite, it was sleek, easy to use, and the only bad thing was the cancel button
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:24 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Pokemon Showdown. I've only used it for a while but I find it really easy and simple to use. I guess they're all simple and easy I just needed a reason, lol. ;;
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:47 AM
Forever
let it go

Okay so after playing with PS' teambuilder today I decided I preferred that because it makes it 10x easier for me in that I don't really need to consult the analysis's at all and I just only really need what's right there.

However, after seeing that PS has no potential for imping at all that makes me quite sad, and the fact that PS has a colour you're stuck with on that nickname...

BUT.

PO you can't lose the tab of, and it has a nice design and you can change colours... but it means you have to download it in the first place.

...to summarise, I like them both evenly now. I wish they had the same features then they'd be the perfect simulator!
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:10 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

I actually give props to PO for the downloading aspect. I prefer having another program open than another tab. PS also slows down my internet sometimes and seriously screws up my computer when it's having a bad day. PO does do that sometimes but it doesn't make my internet and computer run as slow.

Seriously considering changing from Showdown to Online, lmao.
Old August 31st, 2012, 12:48 PM
HaxingBH
HaxingBH

Nature: Modest
I tend to win more on Showdown
Old August 31st, 2012, 06:25 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaxingBH View Post
I tend to win more on Showdown :S
This question is more about what you prefer to use, not what you win most on. This is more coincidental if anything, since PS players were PO players for the most part a few months back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post
I actually give props to PO for the downloading aspect. I prefer having another program open than another tab. PS also slows down my internet sometimes and seriously screws up my computer when it's having a bad day. PO does do that sometimes but it doesn't make my internet and computer run as slow.

Seriously considering changing from Showdown to Online, lmao.
Yeah PS never slows my Internet at all. :x Mainly because I normally have a million tabs at once, anyway...
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:46 AM
shnen

you forgot gs/rsbots although they were irc run so idk if they count
anyway, PS. They have some fantastic mods on there.
Old September 1st, 2012, 02:47 PM
Zeffy
artificial one-eyed ghoul

Please correct me if I am wrong, but Pokemon Showdown is browser based, isn't it? I tried it out (yes, I consider opening the website then clicking the "teambuilder" button and leaving as trying it out, don't judge me) yesterday and was pretty disappointed. It wasn't as great as I thought it would be, basing from the previous comments I've read. And the fact that it is browser-based doesn't make it any better either. While yes, you needn't download anything but it can slow down your browser. Never a good thing for me. ):

I'm still in cahoots with Pokemon Online. I've been with it ever since it was just up for testing until I left the competitive scene.

(BTW, Pokemon Lab is sort of the Gen 5 successor of Shoddy. I think the Smogon community made it. Not sure if it was released, however.)
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:47 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong, but Pokemon Showdown is browser based, isn't it? I tried it out (yes, I consider opening the website then clicking the "teambuilder" button and leaving as trying it out, don't judge me) yesterday and was pretty disappointed. It wasn't as great as I thought it would be, basing from the previous comments I've read. And the fact that it is browser-based doesn't make it any better either. While yes, you needn't download anything but it can slow down your browser. Never a good thing for me. ):

I'm still in cahoots with Pokemon Online. I've been with it ever since it was just up for testing until I left the competitive scene.

(BTW, Pokemon Lab is sort of the Gen 5 successor of Shoddy. I think the Smogon community made it. Not sure if it was released, however.)
The teambuilder is nice, though. PO didn't actually give us a click autofill type thing, nor viable moves, nor did it give us recommended EVs/natures, which is a pretty useful thing in comparison. PO had none of that and it meant you had to look up everything you didn't know off by heart. :(
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:59 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I'm using PO only.
I started with Shoddy but then I took arrow to the knee and found PO =D
From that moment, I haven't used any other simulator.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 3rd, 2012, 01:27 AM
Azure Rathalδs
WOOP WOOP WOOP
Community Supporter

Pokemon Showdown user here. Not having to download a data-filling application onto my computer makes it a very enticing programme to use, plus I find it easier to set up a team compared to Pokemon online.
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Zeffy
artificial one-eyed ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post

The teambuilder is nice, though. PO didn't actually give us a click autofill type thing, nor viable moves, nor did it give us recommended EVs/natures, which is a pretty useful thing in comparison. PO had none of that and it meant you had to look up everything you didn't know off by heart. :(
Ahh, I see. I suppose previous experiences (and Smogon sets hurrdurr) helped me sort of memorize those stuff much easier. PS should just detach itself from the browser though imo. It causes too much strain in my browser. ):
Old September 4th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Forever
let it go

Okay I take back my love of PS :( It keeps disconnecting randomly, and although laddering there is pretty good... the fact that you keep D/Cing so often and so much lag is starting to annoy me. Back on the PO is wonderful boat !
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Krazzikk

Nature: Relaxed
Well, I only found out recently that there was more battling simulators other than Pokemon Online so that's what I use! lol :3

I found out about Pokemon Online from my brother who recomended that I use it to practice my battling. The other battle sims looks interesting to try out, but I am too lazy to download something which might freeze my laptop

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 6th, 2012, 07:38 PM
RandomTrainerWhoCould
Yo

Nature: Relaxed
It's a toss up between Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown. PO has way better user interface than PS(in PS people using charizard in Ubers 0_0), but PO's tiers are garbage, I mean, escavalier and dugtrio in NU, really? Also there's a lot of other things to do on PO besides battling such as Mafia. So i guess i like PO more but I play on PS too. The other ones are **** imo lol.
Hax is supposed to happen. Scald has a 100% burn rate(willowisp w/ perfect accuracy); paralysis has a 75% chance of kicking in; Rock slide misses more than stone edge; Hustle= 50% more power at the cost of 100% accuracy.
I get haxed a lot and the hax gods who are the gods of hax hate me I'm sad :[
Old September 11th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Dr. Fuji
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon online mainly because I play often little played tiers and Pokemon online has the highest usage. I also have played on it for 3 years so have a well established group of friends and am very used to the program.
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Lorenzo The Comic
Pokégen User

Nature: Docile
I definitely like to look at Pokémon Showdown, from now on.
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:49 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
I am enjoying using Pokémon Showdown right now. I find it to be a lot more user friendly when building teams and it a lot more appealing to the eye.
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:55 AM
Xanntha14
Unhatched Egg

I like pokemon showdown a lot. Mainly because of the moving sprites and animations and its simple to use.
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Kyoka
Designer

Nature: Calm
I like Showdown and Online equally to be honest.
PS has a nice and easy to use team builder and ofcourse, the animated sprites and attacks are quite awesome too. I play PS casually, (in other words, when Im not in a serious battling mood) Ranking resets too often because its still in Beta, good fight Competitive ladder battling?

PO is much more customizable and I like the fact that you can download it. I prefer having my internet tabs for different things (no....not that..>.>) Ladder works flawlessly and I find myself playing more competitively on PO. On the other hand, I find PO`s community...less friendly? Yeah, lets just keep it at that....and they run from battles 90% of the time -.-

What can I say, both have their Pros and Cons :L Your personal preference really.
Old October 16th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Tman109ner

Always have and most likely always will love Pokemon Online. Where I started, where I became better, and where I play Mafia for hours upon end. Pokemon Showdown is must also though for CAP Battling, and all the other glitchy tiers.
Old November 11th, 2012, 07:30 AM
AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
Shizariger on EGC

Pokémon Online, easily. When I'm bored I open it up, hop on the main server, and kick butt at Trivia.

Solstice is back. So why should you care? Because if you join it and set "Shizariger" as your Referrer, you will get my eternal love.
Old November 16th, 2012, 08:12 PM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I use pokemon online, great overall system. Sleek design and great teambuilder.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old January 17th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Hikamaru
The Sea Otter Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Pokemon Showdown without a doubt.

The chat feature, avatar selection and animated sprites nailed it for me.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | supporter

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here