The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games

Notices

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 5th, 2012 (10:26 PM).
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
source

Quote:
Update: Capcom has confirmed to me that Ace Attorney 5 is indeed coming to the U.S. Here's their statement:

Capcom is planning to release Gyakuten Saiban 5 (Ace Attorney 5) in the West. We'll have more news soon.

A Capcom representative also clarified that they use "West" to refer to both the U.S. and Europe.

Original story: No objections here. The folks at Pocket Gamer say Capcom has told them Ace Attorney 5, recently confirmed by Famitsu as a 3DS release starring Phoenix Wright himself, is indeed getting an English release.

Pocket Gamer is a British site, of course, and there's no confirmation that "West" necessarily means U.S. But if the upcoming lawyer sim is getting an English translation, chances are we'll see it here too.
I'm honestly happy that we won't have to wait forever to see this game getting localized.

thread music:
Old September 5th, 2012 (11:47 PM).
Alinthea
James Sunderland
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I will have to tell Kura about this; she will bounce off the walls! XD

Anyway, this is very cool. It is another game I have to add to my list to get a hold of! :3
Old September 5th, 2012 (11:59 PM).
Went
Marshtomp

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Did anyone say... screenshots?

Here, have some!

Spoiler:

Next yearI'll have a million games to play for my 3DS XD I hope they slow down the releases because hell.
Old September 6th, 2012 (12:45 AM).
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
It should be noted that this time around you don't go up against Winston Payne... but you do go up against his brother!
Old September 6th, 2012 (04:26 AM).
Spinosaurus

I like the idea of having an older assistant for once in the series, and I'm considerably hoping she won't be as awful and annoying as Maya.

That said, I'm pretty intrigued of having a darker theme and tone for the game, as evident in the first case being a courthouse bombing. I have no doubts that next year will be a great year for 3DS owners.
Old September 8th, 2012 (05:18 PM).
Archer
a.k.a: ethan.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
It would be nice if we could get a localisation of AAI2, but what can you do? Nevertheless, I would consider getting a 3DS for this game eventually.

Also, while I'm not worried about them ditching Maya and some of the older characters, I do hope they retain some sort of continuity in the series. Apollo Justice didn't quite feel like a Phoenix Wright game, probably less so than Ace Attorney Investigations - that's not to say they weren't both great.
Old September 10th, 2012 (12:42 PM).
Penta Penguin
The biggest underdog in the world

Loving the new screenshots here. I only became a fan of the Ace Attorney series back in July 2009 after someone streamed the game online and I was instantly hooked. Really interested to see what cases Capcom has come up with, as well as hoping for a case 5 in the mix. :D

Next project: Pokemon Dark Nebula?

~Youtube~
Old September 17th, 2012 (06:08 PM).
Ursula
have we got a deal?
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Ursula Send a message via Skype™ to Ursula
I am so excited about this game. Words cannot begin to fathom how ready I am. Phoenix looks phlawless.
Where did Apollo go though ;~;
Old September 20th, 2012 (04:28 AM).
Went
Marshtomp

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
Heeey guys! Have a trailer:

And while I'm at it, some of Layton VS Attorney too!

Old September 20th, 2012 (04:44 AM).
Miss Doronjo
Gaiden

Nature: Quirky
The game looks like it's coming together! Everything seems really futuristic~ Like that creepy police guy's gadget (and yeah. he looks like a CREEP) and your assistant's technological gauntlet (as what I can figure). I can't piece together what it does, but it looks interesting. <3

Ace Attorney vs. Layton looks amazing too; I'm really loving the 3D effects in both games - it's a big step from the 2-D sprites. ^^

Hawthorne Guardian
Moderator of Video Games
Paired to: Perdition Haze

Pokémon:PhoenixRising
Sylvie
Old September 28th, 2012 (08:58 AM).
ZetaZaku
AEUG Pilot

Damn it. Why do they have to release so many games I like so soon. I can't buy a 3DS yet!

I'm not really fond of 3D, but it still looks awesome. Hopefully they even add voices this time, but that would kinda make Objection less awesome.

PM for Happy Hour Smeagles
Old September 28th, 2012 (10:47 AM).
Omega Genesis
All shall return to dust

Nature: Modest
Originally, I wasn't sure about them moving to 3D, I mean, that's really what gave the games their charm, but it seems that the transition is rather smooth. I'm looking forward to seeing more (and I'm in love with the AA remixes in both of the videos, gotta love Noriyuki Iwadare).
Old October 2nd, 2012 (06:40 AM).
Shdwj
Excuse me?

Oh, those screenshots...! I'm very excited for this. It's been way too long since an Ace Attorney game was last released. But it seems like Apollo Justice will have to wait a little while before he gets a sequel.

Yes, I agree. Next year will be a great year for 3DS owners.

| Ongoing series: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8 Multiplayer |
Old October 3rd, 2012 (02:23 AM).
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
So very happy about this! I knew I got a 3DS for some reason! I can't wait for subs of the movie to become available too!
Old October 3rd, 2012 (12:56 PM).
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
All of my yes!
This will be my buy of 2012/13
Old October 8th, 2012 (07:33 PM).
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Well, guess I'll be needing to save up for a 3DS now. I have been waiting for a REAL Phoenix Wright game since the abomination that was Apollo Justice...

...though where the heck is Maya? I really don't like whomever this new assistant is already... because she's not Maya. Yeah, I'm a Maya fan, what of it?

I'm not fond of 3D so I don't have a 3DS yet... but once it has enough games, like this... *drool* (let's just hope the writing is good and not like Apollo Justice had...)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links