The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge

Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 31st, 2005, 07:24 PM
Chibi Pika
Nya?

Nature: Timid
To quote what I said in my thread: Holy Froot. Never would have expected LC being FanFic of the Week this early, seeing as it's got the slowest plot in the universe (Dragonfree, in your review on SPPF, you said the plot started quickly, unlike QftL, but really, my plot doesn't start until Chapter 27! X3) But anyways, whoa, I'm honored.

~Chibi~
Old January 31st, 2005, 09:29 PM
Miyu-chan
.::f l o w e r g i r l::.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Miyu-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Miyu-chan
Congrats! =D You wrote a superb story. n___n *confetti*

l Paired -MegaDitto l Evil sidekick - Ninja Retsu l Evil Twin -Hiyori-chan l

Old February 2nd, 2005, 03:14 AM
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

I just like its style. I see a lot of overwritten Pokfics that use heavy language, but yours is great, although a little of it seems complicated for a second-grader.

"One reason why mathematics enjoys special esteem, above all other sciences, is that its laws are absolutely certain and indisputable, while those of other sciences are to some extent debatable and in constant danger of being overthrown by newly discovered facts."
Albert Einstein

"What science can there be more noble, more excellent, more useful for men, more admirably high and demonstrative than mathematics."
Benjamin Franklin

"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty – a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of paintings or music, yet sublimely pure and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show."
Bertrand Russell

avatar and signature by FoxHound

ANNOY ME AT YOUR PERIL. I am becoming increasingly tired of the unmanly elitism and closed-mindedness of certain members who shall remain unnamed.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:49 AM
Chibi Pika
Nya?

Nature: Timid
Yeah, I know, mainly I wanted the Prologue to be flashbask-ish, seeing as the whole entire rest of the story is about six and 2/3 years later. Heh, I don't think I could overwrite if I tried, I only just barely learned how to describe minimally and my vocabulary is pathetic XP
Old March 14th, 2005, 05:54 PM
electricgrass
I'm a prodigy in progress

how do you read the fan fiction of the week?
Old March 14th, 2005, 05:55 PM
oni flygon
:)

Well, the most current one is stickied...
The rest...well... you have to use the search button in this forum...

Pocket Monsters Special!
Old March 20th, 2005, 03:58 AM
DarkCharlie
Trainer

If a fanfic is less than five pages in length, but it had about fifteen chapters written that are all three pages, would it have a chance?

Last edited by DarkCharlie; March 20th, 2005 at 04:00 AM. Reason: bad spelling
Old March 20th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

All fanfics have a chance, at any stage of their writing, just as long as they're good My entire fic was only 400 words but it still got a listing.

"One reason why mathematics enjoys special esteem, above all other sciences, is that its laws are absolutely certain and indisputable, while those of other sciences are to some extent debatable and in constant danger of being overthrown by newly discovered facts."
Albert Einstein

"What science can there be more noble, more excellent, more useful for men, more admirably high and demonstrative than mathematics."
Benjamin Franklin

"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty – a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of paintings or music, yet sublimely pure and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show."
Bertrand Russell

ANNOY ME AT YOUR PERIL. I am becoming increasingly tired of the unmanly elitism and closed-mindedness of certain members who shall remain unnamed.
Old March 21st, 2005, 11:00 AM
DarkCharlie
Trainer

I'm glad of that, 'cos all my Chapterrs are abour 3 pages. I've only done six so far, but the one reply I had was mostly good.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 01:54 AM
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

I suppose I can read yours if you want~ XD

Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Bertrand Russell

Old March 23rd, 2005, 10:51 AM
DarkCharlie
Trainer

If you want. Chapter Six'll be better. I haven't finished it yet. Look at my sig.
Old March 29th, 2005, 12:37 PM
Lily
◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Lily
*poke* Oniiiiiii-chan ;; I don't think Sunday will work out for me, considering how I always delay it. Is it possible to switch the days?...Unless, of course, it doesn't work for you. Then I'm fine. =/

( ‿‿ ) PM me for a contract.
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:18 PM
oni flygon

Okay, then let's move it on Monday! XD

Pocket Monsters Special!
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Strawberry Delcatty
Neko daisuki-na no nya!

Send a message via ICQ to Strawberry Delcatty Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Strawberry Delcatty Send a message via Yahoo to Strawberry Delcatty
One of these days, I WILL make fan fic of the week.

My stuff
My LiveJournal | Pokemon Fan Universe (Friend's forums)

Old March 29th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Dragonfree
Teh Spwriter. :3

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Dragonfree Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragonfree
*pokes Chains* *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge* *hopeful gleam*

Still not going to sprite for your fangame. Sorry, but I don't really sprite or give out permission for people to use my fake Pokémon anymore.
Old March 29th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

One of these days, I'll make it too... or three... XD *is always aiming higher*

And I still think Summer was better than memory... Although Fwosty hasn't gotten around to reviewing memory yet XD

Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Bertrand Russell

Old May 18th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Strawberry Delcatty
Neko daisuki-na no nya!

Send a message via ICQ to Strawberry Delcatty Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Strawberry Delcatty Send a message via Yahoo to Strawberry Delcatty
Is it just me, or are updates on the FFotW been slow lately?

My stuff
My LiveJournal | Pokemon Fan Universe (Friend's forums)

Old May 18th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Shuko
Atena, WIN!

Location: On a stage, acting out the nightmares of a giant space cockroach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekomajo Asunya
Is it just me, or are updates on the FFotW been slow lately?
Lol. I was thinkin' that too... There're a coupla fics I've read on here that I'd like to submit as candidates, but... seeing as how no one else has posted here since... March?

Old May 18th, 2005, 06:02 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
It's just that FFotW is still there, just the record page (this page) isn't updated at the same time XD; Go bug Oni or Lily about it =p
Old May 22nd, 2005, 11:45 AM
electricgrass
I'm a prodigy in progress

how do u read old fanfics of the week ?
Old May 22nd, 2005, 12:34 PM
oni flygon

You search for them... well... just enter the title on the search engine here in this forum...

Pocket Monsters Special!
Old May 22nd, 2005, 11:17 PM
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

Wasn't one of the mods gonna go through and add links sometime? XD

Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Bertrand Russell

Old May 23rd, 2005, 05:34 PM
oni flygon

Well, Lily and me were going to but then we just forgot about it...

Man...I forgot to update again...but Lily was supposed to do it ... ><

Pocket Monsters Special!
Old May 28th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Lily
◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Lily
FF of the week on the 29th.

I skipped a whole week. =o=;

Sorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorrysorry.

( ‿‿ ) PM me for a contract.
Old June 15th, 2005, 05:16 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura
I killed Syd's bf

Nature: Lax
=O Lily, you should know better. Actually, maybe no need for me to intervene. Do you two alternate between weeks now?

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links