• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is your goal to be better than others?

Is your goal to be better than odas??

• Oh my gosh oh no

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NOOO

• Yep why not, it'll be great! ^_^

• .... YAHOO

• Of course I wanna what are you born for?

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
ya! ther's always someone better then me that i wanna get better then in art that's the fun of it trying to test yourself.

KingpiN

Pok?mon: Magmar
Years
Coursei want to be better than others....it isnt my lifes?goal, but every time i compete(), i want to be better....like in pokemon battles, like in sports, like in art, like in class...i supose in life itself too. I think its call autosuperation (i dot know the word in english:p)...something like want to be better but just to fell better myself....

...i guess.

Salu2

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2006
Mostly everyone wants to achieve something really badly. So I say all goals are important. :)

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2014
Yes... I dislike being bad at something. =P

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
...that depends on what situation im in...singing...h*ll no, etc. otherwise yes...

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
I do like to be better than others at certain things, like at a video game for instance. It really depends on what it is. :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2006
Dakota said:
Well...if I'm to be microsofts new owner I guess I'd have to be better than billy gates...ahhh well

HEYY ya!

And you'll be a millionare...just like him. :P

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
I have this terrible tendency to always try to be better. Especially in art, I know I'm not the best, but I still try =/ Or I try to beat people at being brainy --;;

*dies*

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I'd like to say that I'm a wonderful person who is putting others before herself, but that would be a lie. To tell you the truth, I do reach for the goal of being the best. I actually think that's one of the things all people do whether they like to admit it or not, but I won't get into that.

I've always set my goals high. When I got into high school, it was to make the honour roll. Now that I know doing such a task is easy enough that I could do it without lifting a finger, I've set my sights on getting the top average in the grade... or at least something over 95. Although... that likely won't happen. ;p I do take pride in knowing that I can do something better than another person in almost every case and I'll be jealous or a little hateful if someone is better than I. ._.; It's too hard a habit to break, but at least it keeps me focused on what I need to do. =\

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
Yes (In my own specific area of course). Everyday competition is what our society depends on. It's the only effective way to promote individual productivity.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2021
Pokemaster10000 said:
And you'll be a millionare...just like him. :P
Actually, Bill Gates is a billionaire. =P Dakota better start learning some HTML, and whatever that other stuff that computer geniuses know!

Anyways, I'm not really too competetent. (Is that a word? And did I even spell it right? O_o) I like being the best in certain areas, such as art and Pokemon. But being good at everything would be boring.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2006
Kayleigh said:
Actually, Bill Gates is a billionaire. =P Dakota better start learning some HTML, and whatever that other stuff that computer geniuses know!

Anyways, I'm not really too competetent. (Is that a word? And did I even spell it right? O_o) I like being the best in certain areas, such as art and Pokemon. But being good at everything would be boring.

Oh, I knew he was a billionair. :paranoid:
And yes. It's not good being good at everything. In 3rd grade, I've experienced it. I was smart in every subject, good at every sport and was good when it came to games. Many people envied me, they all turned out to be my enemies except 3 people who turned out to be my friend.

22sa

Years
All geniuses have something in common: They know how to use their brain! :P

BlastBurn

The Fire Expert
Years
Do you mean better than others at something? (eg soccer, hockey, pokemon) Or do you mean better than others as in a more valuable person?

22sa

Years
BlastBurn said:
Do you mean better than others at something? (eg soccer, hockey, pokemon) Or do you mean better than others as in a more valuable person?
Um wouldn't those be the same thing? Otherwise, everyone has different values.

Our Market-oriented societies are built around competition, it's really hard if not impossible to stay away from.

Back