• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ho-oh legends...

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
It would seem that it is all going to end with ho-oh, just as it all started with it.
What is the ho-oh mysteriy? why does he protect ash and why does he follow him around the world, and why does ash allways come into contact with something having to do with ho-oh?

Maybe ash has a speical relationship to it? It could be that the ash era of pokemon will end with a battle with ho-oh or ash having to save the world with ho-oh or against ho-oh.
So we know that ho-oh is the MAIN reason among others to go to hoenn but maybe it was guiding ash to hoenn for something "big"? What do you think"

Here's how I see it.

Maybe a long long long time ago maybe around 1,000 years ago there were ho-oh all over the world. But then some unseen force or a war with the humans wiped out all but a few of the ho-oh. Ash carries the soul of a ho-oh and that's why he is proteced.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
I'm pretty sure that a Ho-oh can be seen whenever a person of great destiny starts on the road to whatever their destiny may be...it's something like that. I'm too lazy to look at my Silver pokedex though...this is a pretty good approxamation of what the legend is, though...

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
Years
Ahhh... Ho-oh is ash's father!

Have I ever mentioned how much I adore that theroy X3

Anyway as for the whole Ash connection with Ho-Oh, it would be nice to see it develop into an unexpected storyline but with Pok?mon you know that most probably won't happen XD It's more likely that Ho-Oh is there for a more symbolic reason like Chairman Kaga mentioned about it appearing to someone who's heading towards a great destiny... I mean if I remember it showed up once when Ash started his journey and again when it guided him to Hoenn so it's kinda symbolic saying that Ash is heading for great things in his life.

Years
Uh, in case you guys don't know it already, but he IS the chosen Pok?mon Trainer!!! Ash is probably the only trainer with his friends who had ever seen the legendaries. (he's the only one who's seen Ho oh) I can only think about 2 other trainers who have seen one of the legendaries. In movie number 2, Slowking did say that Ash is the chosen one to help prevent the world's destruction. In fact, in all of the movies, Ash is somehow involved with them all!

Sakuyamon

Pokemon Master
Years
well I?ve kinda thought that seeing Ho-Oh ment good luck...and Ash needs all luck he can get!-_-;;;
but it sure is something speciall about Ho-Oh only appearing to Ash...so I used it in one of my fanfics there Ho-Oh leads Ash and co to its chosen.(Ash is lugias chosen and my main chara is Ho-Oh?s chosen.XD)

But Dark Absols theory is good....it hillarious!

Hey, what if Ho-Oh is really God (in disguise) and Ash is the Messiah? and Ash?s mom is like virging Mary?

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
Years
blue said:
It would seem that it is all going to end with ho-oh, just as it all started with it.
What is the ho-oh mysteriy? why does he protect ash and why does he follow him around the world, and why does ash allways come into contact with something having to do with ho-oh?

Maybe ash has a speical relationship to it? It could be that the ash era of pokemon will end with a battle with ho-oh or ash having to save the world with ho-oh or against ho-oh.
So we know that ho-oh is the MAIN reason among others to go to hoenn but maybe it was guiding ash to hoenn for something "big"? What do you think"

Here's how I see it.

Maybe a long long long time ago maybe around 1,000 years ago there were ho-oh all over the world. But then some unseen force or a war with the humans wiped out all but a few of the ho-oh. Ash carries the soul of a ho-oh and that's why he is proteced.

Your theory makes a bit of sense, on a count that his name is "Ash" and it would make sense for the legendary Fire Bird to protect him (ever noticed that Moltres protected him as well?) maybe it would make sense to say that he has the heart of a pheonix, because both pheonix legendaries seem to have had a role in his journey, or have protected him.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2008
Well...yes...Ho-Oh may be connected towards Ho-Oh because on the first season the put Ho-Oh[ A jotho Pokemon] instead of Moltres. Though Ash could be an decendent(sp?) of a previous Pokemon Champ that fought an armageddon war...Ho-Oh may have helped the Champ and gave him his powers for some powers.

And maybe the spirit lives on...[ Gets the narrators voice] 'till this day. Ash Ketchum will fight for something...something dark...Though I think that it may be pure coincidence...And I agree with Blue a bit...maybe Pokemon will end with something to do with Pokemon.

Last edited:

demonstrife

I am me. That is it.
Years
Is it possible that if powers were given for powers, that Ash might actually be able to do special attacks himself, ones that only pokemon could do? Or even might he find out something about Ho-oh that he doesn't like like, and go off the deep end? What if in the transfering of powers, he got the ability to do pokemon attacks, such as Hyper Beam, Fly, Razor Leaf, you know, attacks tha no ordinary person should be able to do. In other words, he'd be a human pokemon! What if he found out about those ablities, and in doing so, destroyed the world? there are a lot of ifs. Ash is very mysterious if you think about it. So is Ho-oh. And don't forget about about Lugia aka Beast of the Sea.

The legendary pokemon Ash has come in contact with are:

Mewtwo-Created by clonig MEW
Mew-Legendary pokemon that helped Ash out in the first movie
Moltres-Titan Bird of Fire/ Burning Phoenix
Zapdos-Tian Bird of Lightning/Thunder Phoenix
Aricuno-Titan Bird of Ice/Freezing Phoenix
Lugia- Beast of the Sea/ Sea Guardian of the Whirl Islands
Ho-oh-Ash's guide/Reserector of SUICUNE RAIKOU & ENTEI
Suicune- Ho-oh's messenger/North Wind
Entei-Resurection of Fire from Burnt Tower/Steven Hale in Pokemon 3
Celebi-Time Traveler/appears in Pokemon 4 Ever
Latios-Not too sure
Latias-Not too sure
Jirachi-Like the movie says,WISHMAKER!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
I think we're overthinking this just a bit :P

Crystal flavor text:
It will reveal itself before a pure-hearted trainer by shining its bright rainbow-colored wings.

This is a bit of insight into Ho-oh's revealing itself to Ash...but I do believe I heard somewhere it has to do with a trainer of destiny...I think it may have been mentioned in a Johto episode where they were in Ecruteak on their way back from the Whirl Islands...

Years
Oooh, I like FlamingTorchic's theory too. Ash, Moltres, Ho-oh: All Fire stuff. Though, yeah... Ho-oh could be showing up to him like Chairman Kaga says and since it is in the Pokedex.
It's also fun to imagine other things though ^.^
Besides, that's the Pokedex! Ash is on TV and maybe it's a little different? *shrugs*

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
Years
About Moltres......remember when Ash got to carry Moltres's torch at the Pkmn League? I've heard that when Ho-oh appeared in the first episode it was supposed to be Moltres but the artist messed up and so the creators of Pokemon thought, "What the heck!" and patched it up by making Ho-oh a real Pokemon.(I don't know if that's true.)

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
The messed-up moltres theory actually sounds pretty plausible...but it's also interesting that they just didn't make Ho-oh in the exact image of the pokemon that Ash saw...it's actually different than Moltres and Ho-oh from the way it looks. That's the only thing that doesn't make sense about Ho-oh being based from the Moltres-ish thing. Also, ever think that that creature is the thing that restored Ash and Pikachu to life in the first episode? Even in the game, the item it carries is sacred ASH...which has the power to keep a pokemon from fainting or revive it or something...(I don't know, I've never used it)

Years
Ho-oh carries that? *Has never caught Ho-oh*
Now that makes things interesting! Maybe Ho-oh did help Ash and Pikachu in the first episode. But, if Ho-oh did help Ash then why?
Ooh! I love mysteries ^__^
I know, it could probably be answered easily or already has, but I'm having fun thinking about it. ^.^

So, Ho-oh is said to appear to destined trainers, but Ho-oh may not have only appeared to Ash but helped him too. So, could Ho-oh be watching Ash wherever he goes??

*Imagined being stalked by a pokemon. o.o* :P

Years
It may have to do with the plot of the first episode...Like how Ash gave himself up in front of all those Spearows and Pikachu saved him even though Pikachu hated him at the start, like a morality kind of thing. Or, we could drive it to a further extent... In the first episode Ash stole Misty's bike, and it
ended up getting electricuted. Then in the episode where misty leaves at the start the nurse shows up with the fixed bike! So maybe Ho-oh just has to do with the bike...Although that's a crazy theory and it has a 1-in-a-million chance of working..Yeah..

Years
*Shrugs* Maybe! For all I know, Ho-oh might have a Steel cousin or something (If Pokemon have cousins... LOL) and the bike reminds it of it's cousin ^^
Or, Ho-oh noticed the electricity hitting the bike, causing it to notice Ash and pikachu, and he thinks Ash can have a good destiny as something with bikes?
Hm..

Years
Now that you guys mention it, the bike incident actually seems to connect with Ho-oh! Although I sorta find it hard to believe, Ho-oh both times appeared before or after Ash's Pikachu zaps a bike. (Misty's bike afterwards, May's Bike beforehand) I hope that Ho-oh isn't trying to hook up Ash or anything!

Back