• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Quick Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bam

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2005
Ummm how do u people make these game things? its really amazing how people can make stuff like that. can u plz tell me howt to make pokemon games like u guys do? TY

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2009
1. this isn't the place for this, It should go in the help/request thread

2. we use programs like RMXP(cost:60), sphere(cost:0), Gamemaker(cost:0)Rm2k3(cost:???) the reward of making a game...Priceless.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Well you should really start of programming in C,C++, or Java. Then create a game but...if you don't wanna just use Sphere,ika,or VERGE.

Bam

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2005
sorry for posting it in the wrong place! but i dont really understand? can some1 elaborate on how to make a game? do u download a program or something?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Learn C++ or C or Java from a book and start game programming once you're profficient with them.

Bam

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2005
huh i dont get it! do u download a program or something?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
You learn the language first...and you have a compiler.

Bam

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2005
??? just tell me where to download the thing! and whats a compiler? do i need to download it?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Yes...first you need to read a tutorial or book then learn it.

Bam

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2005
ok can u give me a link to a tutorial thing so i can learn it?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Search for some tutorials google...preferably Java. Its good for begginers. BUT YOU REALLY HAVE TO STUDY IT.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Java tutorials...and download the stuff you need at: java.sun.com

But you really should get a book.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
I see your a begginer
you could learn script! ( I dont know how you use script)

or you could download a program!
I use a program called RPG MAker 2003
(the picture of how it looks like it on the attachment!)

you just upload a tileset (the floor,trees,water,houses, grass)
-place it on wherever you want
-put events(people, sighs -things that you can talk to or will respond back to you!)
-put the music
-do the monsters!

I recomend you download RPGmaker XP (I cant use it my screens too small)
unless you know Script!

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
No don't use that because in the long run you'll wish you never wasted time on that and wish you actually learned to program.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2009
you don't need to learn how to Code to make a game, unless you are using an unpopular engine, and to correct TheAbsol, It's Javascript, Java is a much more complicated and much more complex programming language, look at me, I only know a few Javascript codes, and i'm making one of the most popular pkmn games here!

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2018
Or you could settle halfway - easy to use (ok, it gets harder once you use the cooler functions), and involves programming (so you have full control of how your game looks like), of course I am talking about Game Maker ( www.gamemaker.nl , http://forums.gamemaker.nl ).

Just so you know, making games/programs is tough work- but once you get into it, it's alot of fun!

PokeCreator_09

RM2K3 Professional
Years
Swizzler121 said:
1. this isn't the place for this, It should go in the help/request thread

2. we use programs like RMXP(cost:60), sphere(cost:0), Gamemaker(cost:0)Rm2k3(cost:???) the reward of making a game...Priceless.

lol .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back