The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old November 1st, 2005, 03:32 AM
Eversoquiet
Trainer

Hi, I'm a newbie and i'm trying to make a fan game. I've already come up with a storyline and new characters, like professor sedar, a new boy/girl, a new evil team (team sphere) and a new regio : Alveus. But i need help in order to start designing the region and stuff, like so i wanted to ask where can i get the tree, buildings, flowers and all off those things that compose the cities and all.

p.s: I wanted to show u the sprites of my new characters but i don't know how i can put them here...

I hope u answer
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:08 AM
Budgie_boy
A bold new journey awaits

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Budgie_boy
Right the first thing is to go to "new post", from there click "manage attachments", a pop up will come up and will say "browse" click on it and add the files from your computer!

Easy Peasy Greasy Lemon Squeezy!

WWW.bebo.com/lburgeacoustics - My Music [email protected] - Music Requests for Pokemon...
POA - Supporter
Old November 1st, 2005, 04:16 AM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to [_DarkDragon_]
this should go on the help/request thread *reports*

now on topic, first you need a program to create your game, being as you said, a newbie I would recommend RPG Maker 2000/2003 before you move forward to more complicated programs like RPG Maker XP or Sphere, then after you handl sphere and rpg maker xp you can even make your own game by scratch in some programming language.
You can upload the images the way Budgie_boy said or by creating and account at www.photobucket.com and uploading the images there, after you upload the images, you will have a URL between [IMG] [/IMG] tags below each picture, copy that here and people will be able to see the pictures, be sure to not upload bitmap pictures as they don't show up and be sure your pictures are smaller than 250KB.

I wish you luck with your game but only create a thread for it when you've got a story and two in-game screenshots
Friends: ~*ashley*~, DarkDoom3000, Flareon_Lover_92, Diamond~Star, KAKAROT SSJ4, MasaXGPMat, Kaneda Morspeed, Draginis, Chazzy, Shaneypoo17, Budgie_Boy, GymLeaderLance99 (if you wanna be my friend PM me )

Old November 1st, 2005, 04:31 AM
Budgie_boy

You can just call me Budgie, [_DarkDragon_].

Anyway yes maybe this should be moved to help and request!

WWW.bebo.com/lburgeacoustics - My Music [email protected] - Music Requests for Pokemon...
POA - Supporter
Old November 1st, 2005, 05:22 AM
Eversoquiet
Trainer

Where's new post? And one more thing, could u tell me where did u download RPG Maker 2003, tuturials and ebooks
Old November 1st, 2005, 05:31 AM
Eversoquiet
Trainer

When i upload them, they say that it's an invalid file
Old November 1st, 2005, 05:33 AM
Budgie_boy

You should save them as PNG you go to paint then Save As to save as a Portable Network Graphic (PNG)

POA - Supporter
Old November 1st, 2005, 05:52 AM
Eversoquiet
Trainer

Hi, I'm a newbie and i'm trying to make a fan game. I've already come up with a storyline and new characters, like professor sedar, a new boy/girl, a new evil team (team sphere) and a new regio : Alveus. But i need help in order to start designing the region and stuff, like so i wanted to ask where can i get the tree, buildings, flowers and all off those things that compose the cities and all.

Here are some new characters that i've created, but I couldnt upload professor sedar
Attached Images
File Type: jpg team sphere director.JPG‎ (2.1 KB, 51 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: jpg team sphere sub.JPG‎ (1.8 KB, 50 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old November 1st, 2005, 06:22 AM
Budgie_boy

Well, they are nice sprites...
You should actually ask in Help and Request for people to help you, there are links on www.RMXP.net to help you get started!

This WILL get closed unless you give a detailed description of the storyline!

POA - Supporter
Old November 1st, 2005, 07:40 AM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

and you don't need to post everything again everytime you add something, there's an EDIT button on your posts for something
Friends: ~*ashley*~, DarkDoom3000, Flareon_Lover_92, Diamond~Star, KAKAROT SSJ4, MasaXGPMat, Kaneda Morspeed, Draginis, Chazzy, Shaneypoo17, Budgie_Boy, GymLeaderLance99 (if you wanna be my friend PM me )

Old November 1st, 2005, 07:41 AM
Eversoquiet
Trainer

The story goes like this. Everything starts in town (Opprimo). You and your brother are called to professor Sedar's lab. He will tell u that hid grandson has been kidnapded by a new evil organaziton, Team Sphere (that has Rayquaza under their power). They have kidnaped Professor Sidar's grandson becouse they r trying to blackmail him so that he tell them all secrets about rayquaza. So SEDAR will give u a pokemon to help u on ur journey threw gyms and stuff. So it will be up to you to save both rayquaza and Sidar's grandson before its too late.
Old November 1st, 2005, 08:06 AM
Shugo
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Shugo
Pretty good...always with the evil people and the legendary pokemon...anyway..good start. :\

<---Click Here to visit the home of the best pokemon game ever created!!

Absol egg

Pokmon Orphanage <---Click here to adopt <()>
Old November 1st, 2005, 08:27 AM
Eversoquiet
Trainer

I can't download qanything from that site u gave me, and i still don't know where i can find the objects to make the cities
Old November 1st, 2005, 08:29 AM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

the "objects" a.k.a. tilesets/chipsets are on a pretty clearly named thread called "Game Dev Resources", as for the site he gave you, you must register first.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links