The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Advertise here

Old October 19th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Hacker
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
lol, i just mean a couple of stuff that i havnt got time for yet as they take a long time. but here is a version with the game engine in but as to programs, you have to make the maps on Pokemon XP then open them on Pokemon XP Game Enigine and play it, on the game engine there is many errors and bugs but... i will get this new engine from ryan and put it in for the next version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pokemon ZP V1.0.zip‎ (267.6 KB, 119 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Credit to Shawaazu for gliter text

For Pokemon XP Version 1.0 go Here
If you hadnt noicted i have tooken over pokemon xp, so it is not dead anymore! YAY!!!
Old October 19th, 2005, 06:49 PM
rm2kdev
Pokemon XP Developer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rm2kdev
L00kin good hacker i like the new GUI Changes i would susgest messaging me for the new fixes ive made lol but meh if u dont want them
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Hacker
Beginning Trainer

got them! btw. how do you make the collions that you made on your test1.pmx?

(the red spots)

If you hadnt noicted i have tooken over pokemon xp, so it is not dead anymore! YAY!!!
Old October 20th, 2005, 11:36 AM
QFred
Behold...

I downloaded it but I doesn't let me do nothin!
Old October 27th, 2005, 02:20 AM
Hacker
Beginning Trainer

well... errrmm you must not be usin it properly. later on i will write a help file for it.

but right now i have 2 big problems!

1. i now have dial up so i cant come on often.

2. i got new update for Pokemon XP but now the frmMain page of the editor (main page) has diserperd!! so i need to try and get it back!... cn anyone here decompile the editor?? otherwise i have to start it from the first version mad by ryan,a i dont want to have to go that far back!!!

But i will keep on trying.... also later on when i have it workng again i will create a newtopic for Pokemon XP.

Old October 27th, 2005, 04:02 AM
rm2kdev
Pokemon XP Developer

O.o OMG dude how can you loose a frmMain.frm file o.o seriously dude out of all the projectes ive ever done ive not lost a file for a project o.o i mean cmon dude its all in the same directory under signifigantly named files.. what did u do go in trying to make space on your computer and delete it o.o .....

oh and btw i dont think you should be asking
a, can any one decompile it being that VB is UNDECOMPILEABLE (and any one who beleves otherwise is being led on by projects like dcpl4vb)
and
b, i dont think that this is something you broadcast... Oh ive lost the project soruce code... should come to me nexttime o.o
Old October 27th, 2005, 09:36 AM
slayerseitaro
Blood Feast Island Man

Send a message via AIM to slayerseitaro Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to slayerseitaro Send a message via Yahoo to slayerseitaro
I read the first page or so of your thread and desided to post without reading the rest. So if youve already anserwed my question im sorry I was to lazy to read all of those pages. I wanna start by giving you mad props and just say "Respect". Now for the question that you may not like and I do not mean to "dis" you with this at all but, Other then to expand your own skills why whould you make another game makeing program. If you finish it more noobies are gonna use it and not take the time to learn how to code for them selfs. At most I would just make a open source pokemon engine in c++ or somthing like that so people whould be motivated to learn how to code and not wait for more game/RPG makers to come out.

If this sounds like disrespect I pormise I dont mean it like that...

http://www.freewebs.com/necrosoft/
Old October 27th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Rm2k3Guy
Lord of shadows

Send a message via AIM to Rm2k3Guy Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rm2k3Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerseitaro
I read the first page or so of your thread and desided to post without reading the rest. So if youve already anserwed my question im sorry I was to lazy to read all of those pages. I wanna start by giving you mad props and just say "Respect". Now for the question that you may not like and I do not mean to "dis" you with this at all but, Other then to expand your own skills why whould you make another game makeing program. If you finish it more noobies are gonna use it and not take the time to learn how to code for them selfs. At most I would just make a open source pokemon engine in c++ or somthing like that so people whould be motivated to learn how to code and not wait for more game/RPG makers to come out.

If this sounds like disrespect I pormise I dont mean it like that...
It sounds like your saying hes doing this so noobs can be lazy?
NO! Hes doing this to help people who can't code in RGSS You can't come and say this will stop people learning it won't people will lear from the code in the starterkit so don't come here and say people are using it to be lazy
Old October 27th, 2005, 09:52 AM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to [_DarkDragon_]
Quote:
NO! Hes doing this to help people who can't code in RGSS You can't come and say this will stop people learning it won't people will lear from the code in the starterkit so don't come here and say people are using it to be lazy
dude, this has nothing to do with RMXP it's C++ for God's sake!
but I think you misenderstood this thread with the starterkit one because this one is not what canbe theoretically called a "Starter Kit" and it isn't for RMXP but C++
Friends: ~*ashley*~, DarkDoom3000, Flareon_Lover_92, Diamond~Star, KAKAROT SSJ4, MasaXGPMat, Kaneda Morspeed, Draginis, Chazzy, Shaneypoo17, Budgie_Boy, GymLeaderLance99 (if you wanna be my friend PM me )

Old October 27th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Hacker
Beginning Trainer

Ryan, I have never lost one before either. But i think mabye.... when i put it on my flash card it didnt copy, it cut. So over the weekend i will look at my flash card to see if frmMain is on it. if not then.. i will have to start from the begining again.

btw. i cant get msn working (doesnt work on my mums laptop)

EDIT: dark dragon, this is not c++ this is VB (Visual Basic).

Old October 27th, 2005, 10:01 AM
slayerseitaro
Blood Feast Island Man

Send a message via AIM to slayerseitaro Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to slayerseitaro Send a message via Yahoo to slayerseitaro
LOL Hacker you need to back dat @$$ up and by @$$ I mean dont lose your porjects...

Are you guys useing pure VB or what are you guys doing so this Prog of your goes fast?

Old October 27th, 2005, 10:01 AM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

my bad then I had the idea that ryan said smth about c++ but forget it then
Friends: ~*ashley*~, DarkDoom3000, Flareon_Lover_92, Diamond~Star, KAKAROT SSJ4, MasaXGPMat, Kaneda Morspeed, Draginis, Chazzy, Shaneypoo17, Budgie_Boy, GymLeaderLance99 (if you wanna be my friend PM me )

Old October 27th, 2005, 10:10 AM
MasaXGPMat
Super Transcedent Milenio

Nature: Relaxed
i have an error wen i try playin your game
Old October 27th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Merovin
Dragon Master!

Nature: Calm
I also get an error .................

A region with no limits is heading this way...

Old October 28th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Hacker
Beginning Trainer

soo... whats the error? some errors i put in on purpoe, like New. It is just saying that if you havnt saved already then you have losd the map, i will change that later.

Old October 28th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Merovin
Dragon Master!

Nature: Calm
no an error that disallows me to open it

A region with no limits is heading this way...

Old October 28th, 2005, 07:37 AM
rm2kdev
Pokemon XP Developer

Ok firstly this isnt being made so N00Bs can be lazy because N00bs have to start somewhere... this will be a steping stone for people who want to make a pokemon game and totally suck at rmxp or 2k or 2k3 and once they have grasped the concepts of game design they should move on up to bigger things like c++
Old October 31st, 2005, 10:14 AM
Hacker
Beginning Trainer

I have got it! Pokemon XP V1.1!

I found the files on my flash card so i edited back to what V1.1 was.

here you got, i have you like it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pokemon XP Version 1.1.zip‎ (234.1 KB, 294 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old October 31st, 2005, 10:54 AM
slayerseitaro
Blood Feast Island Man

Keep Up the work...Rockin! Truely Rockin!

Old November 1st, 2005, 08:11 PM
rm2kdev
Pokemon XP Developer

Pretty Glitchy Dude o.o
u mite wana send me some updated soruce so i can go and debug it
Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:07 AM
Hacker
Beginning Trainer

ok will do. works fine on my comp.

btw. a thing for you all,

Even though i have many idea for pokemonxp which i wont say yet.

Can anyone give me suggestions? and what to program for it next?

Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:21 AM
Budgie_boy
A bold new journey awaits

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Budgie_boy
What do you have?

What I want to see:

TCG
Minigames
Pinball
Fusion Centre
Online Capability
Lan Capability
Less Bugs and Glitches!

WWW.bebo.com/lburgeacoustics - My Music budgieboy2004@aol.co[email protected] - Music Requests for Pokemon...
POA - Supporter
Old November 3rd, 2005, 07:24 AM
tdata
Pokemon GX

A bigger screen size. I can't see much with it so small... So 'zoom' in a bit.

People are stupid: given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full with knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid: they can't tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident that they can, and so they are all the easier to fool.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:00 AM
[_DarkDragon_]
FireDance Trainer

change your screen resolution and there you go XD

Old November 3rd, 2005, 08:05 AM
Hacker
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budgie_boy
What do you have?

What I want to see:

TCG
Minigames
Pinball
Fusion Centre
Online Capability
Lan Capability
Less Bugs and Glitches!

OK! most should be doable.

I had already thought of online compatilabty! so i will ask yan for help with hat and should have it in version3.0 or something.

last one will be sorted sooon... minigames... well... mabye. but probly only a choice oflike 4 or 5.

EDIT: Seven years later and although this project sadly did not pan out, Ryan and I have became great friends and have not stopped working on projects!

Last edited by Hacker; February 27th, 2012 at 03:30 PM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here