• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[B]how did you become a pokemon fan[/B]

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
I had a friend who was really into it. I don't know how he knew so much about it, but I assume that he watched the anime or played the game in Japanese, because he was all excited for the US release of Red and Blue. He told me that I should get Blue, because he was getting Red. On the day it came out, he bought Red and let me play it. I got really excited, and went out to buy Blue later that week. So, I've been a Pokemon fan since its US beginning.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
Years
I think it was 98' when I saw me first anime epi.
It was quite entertaining at first,so I continued watching.
Then,I figured that I might as well try out the darn new games that all the boys in class were hooked onto,bought Yellow Version,loved it,and been a fan ever since!^^

DR.MUNCHLAX

Just passing by.
Years
When I saw the ad on tv for the Red and Blue versions of the games I just knew I had to play it because I have never seen anything like it before and when the anime came out it became a habbit to watch it as soon as I got home from school, when the cards came out I went and bought the starter deck.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Sep 12, 2015
It started of when I was at the age of 6 when the anim? came out, first I thought it was a little weird and pointless, but I didn't have anything better to do on sunday mornings so I got hooked and watching pokemon became a habit for me, then I heard about the pokemon gameboy games and of course I went and bought pokemon blue ^_^ That's how it all started.

Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2005
I became a pok?mon fan when my uncle gave me a Pok?mon Gold for my birthday.
I was about 6-7 years old. The anime was on for months when I watched it. I started watching it every Saturday for the rest of my life. (I am in Florida)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
Well, I saw the first episode and initially dismissed it as a 'kiddie' show. Then I saw Pikachu start electrocuting people and I was probably hooked after that. What really hooked me was the island episode (with the robot Pokemon). That also gave me the idea for the Pokemon-themed sub-quests.

Hibiki-san

Total NonStop Attitude
Years
I got Blue in '96 and the eventually got Red and then I got Yellow on my birthday which was just after it came out. Then I gold Gold, Silver, Crystal, Sapphire (before it came out in the UK :P), Ruby, Fire Red and never owned Leaf Green or Emerald yet. But sadly I no longer own any of my GBA games or my GBA....:( I NEED TO BUY A NEW ONE!

But er....Hurray for being a fan for 9 years and counting!!!

pokemaster7

Is my Penguin army ready yet?
Years
smarty_arty said:
It started of when I was at the age of 6 when the anim? came out, first I thought it was a little weird and pointless, but I didn't have anything better to do on sunday mornings so I got hooked and watching pokemon became a habit for me, then I heard about the pokemon gameboy games and of course I went and bought pokemon blue ^_^ That's how it all started.
yes pokemon may be a little "weirrd and pointless"
but you can't just help but to love it

PS:wow this thread is populer (nobody ansers my threads)

Goretex

<3 Natalie
Years
I was around... 10 I think.

There was just a huge uproar for Pokemon at my small school and within a week, everyone was trading cards and playing Pokemon Blue and Red in the scool yard. Sorta miss being that young :(.

Rhykasho

CRY SOME MORE!
Years
Well one day my Brother told me about the trading cards and showed me one of Gastly, then one day my mum decided to buy me a game boy colour and she bought pokemon blue with it, I played on it for a bit then I got addicted to it, my bro ended up getting red version. From then on I allways bought the games as soon as they came out, I also collected the cards for a while too ^^

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
Years
Anyway, the Pok?mon fad erupted amongst the boys in my Year One class. I heard them talking about it, and then I got up early one day. x.x I sat through this aerobics thing - actually, that became a habit! Get up early, watch aerobics at 6:30 AM for no reason, and then watch Pok?mon :3 - and then it came on... and... I thought "Wow, Pikachu's so cute!" And then I just was always up then, so it became a habit to watch it. And Pikachu's uber cuteness hooked me. X3;;;

Years
I got a wierd one, My mum was doing volinteer work in the school canteen, and one of the other mums, who was one of my mums friends was always playing a red cart, so I asked what it was. She let me have a go training, and the next week I bought blue and red

Fls4eva

Shinn & Hakudoushi > Everyone
Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
Well.. I can't say for sure I liked Pokemon from the start.. I used to hate Pokemon alot.. and it's solely because of the anime.. But after I started playing the video games.. I got pretty interested in it... If you want to know when all the addiction started.. It was probably when Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire version was released.. I went crazy over it and spent lotsa time on playing the GBA..

Shirt_Guy_Dom

L33t One
Years
Let's see, I got hooked on Pokemon why back in 1997 when i saw the comercial for the first two games and saw Pikachu for the first time. The next day me and some firends were talking about the comercial and how cool it was and we were hooked.

Linoone

MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o
Years
I played games and watched the anime, and everyone at school watched too, then everyone left and I didn't know why, but i remained liking it, and re-boosted my obsession when i saw Linoone^^and I think it will remain boosted forever*faints*

Back