• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

To all who think they have good RPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
I have done this before I wont lie but dont you hate it when someone starts an RP and NO ONE joins? I know I do. So, for those of you who think it is good, PM the idea to a friend, or post it here. THis way less and less RPs come along that just die. It will also leave more room for the GOOD RPs that people will join and have fun in!

Years
The problem is, hardly anyone on PC appreciates an original quality RP, they just go for RPs based on existing games/shows/etc, which I think is sad, seeing as there are probaly quite a few people that have original RPs that would probaly not get any participants if posted here.

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
I believe the reason most people like RPs based on games/shows/etc. is because they're ten times more fun than just a classic RP. lol

Or I don't know, I haven't RPed in like five years already :/

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
I am looking for a original RP not based off a game or a show. It is starting to become all the same. Inuyasha, Tales of SYmphonia, Harry Potter, ect. I wanna see a good RP that is based off a game or show.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
Years
I made one called Divine Conflicts that had an amalgamation of all the different religious pantheons duking it out in a human city. You could choose to choin Heaven, Hell, or a neutral group (Like the followers of Thor) and fight for your philopsohy. You are a human changed into a demon, and could pick a god to be your patron deity, the source of your power (it would have to be a minor one though, otherwise you'd be too powerful.)

Nobody joined, but If there's any interest I can bump it back up, or remake it again.

Shattered Moon

Destiny Awaits
Years
I'm too afraid to make RP's, so usually I just join them. The thing is though, by the time I join it's already dead. I was thinking of making a Xenosaga RP..but I'm still repelled to do anything.

Alana

I still love this world...
Years
Making an RPG is nothing to fear. If you fail the first time or no one joins you just try again. ^_^ I've made a lot and learned that. If you have a decent knowledge of grammar and a pretty good idea just type it. Edit it later. Also, always know what's going to happen along the RP and be ready just in case something happens to make it go off course. I have learned that's a good idea. :P

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
So have I, Sometimes you can't control where your RP goes because its already to far off track. THen you just go with it and see where it takes you. That can also be fun the surprise is anticipating. But then again if you know where its going ot begin with you can stop those off track post because you know what to do. Alana has helped me most of my time RPing andI am greatful for that. I mean if you have to try to find someone you can talk to about your RPs. I have one of those as well GodofPH. If we are making a new RP we tell each other and send them the before hand post.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
Years
^Tis true Randall. Its always good to review an RP with someone before you post it. Nowadays I always through an RP idea by at least one of my PC friends before posting it, and it seems to somewhat help when I post it. Try and throw your ideas by multiple people to get different perspectives on your idea.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
subjects jumped a bit but same with me WOlf_Goddess. when I first made an RP it was terrable. I couldn't beleive how fast it was spammed with people yelling at me. But I have learned. (thank god)

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
The first time I joined an RP, I was so flippin spammy...then I got help from my friend, and Im better than her now! ^^ If you make a bad RP, get over it and try again! Im STILL thinking about an original plot for my new RP(Im goin on 3 months of thinking here...)

Nobody's perfect, so it dosnt matter much if no one joins, but good idea anyway Randall! ^^

~Teresa~

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
Years
No one is perfect that is true but if you make an RP and NO ONE joins or even post in there they revive it by double posting so if their RP sucks tell them just be nice about it.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
I think the best RPs are the kind where you can actually alter the ending of it. The kind where you don't exactly have to rely on someone else to post to finish the RP. That's how most of them die I think. Yeah, like those 'stuck on an island' or adventure stories :3 Looooove those~

Pfft, I can't think of a good idea for crap x.x I leave the RPing plots to those who enjoy making them XD

flarizardmew

Iruka fangirl, watch out! ^.^
Years
I have a good rp and i've really gotten better at rping like posting at least four lines but I STILL haven't updated my plot because i got too far into where we are right now in my rp. I'm not a big fan of stuck on an island rp's, but i do like sequal rp's to one's that ended but keep going into a different idea or a more dramatic one.

Furea-chan

Sleep
Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2015
Personally I thing oriagnal Rps are on the same level as movie/etc ones.I like movies/etc ones just a little better cause you can do diffrent things with the way the show movie etc was.But I'm starting to get annoyed cause it's Harry Potter this and ((random rp)) that.Oh....and Aang the last airbender if you want an origanal rp Check out my one.It's called bite

Years
Yay! This thread will be of great importance!

It seem like EVERY rp I make, only one person joins it and it dies.
I just made one 2 or 3 days ago, and..it's doing okay, I guess.
I made an rp called "A future rp" and only one person joined it. (so I think it's already on page 2)
And maybe a month ago, I made one and absolutely NO ONE joined it.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
Years
I looked over your future RP.

Your problem is the opposite of mine: you put far too little detail. Writing up an RP requires an immense amount of detail and plot depth. You need to be able to explain to everyone exactly what the mood, location and scenario of the RP is.

You also need a direction that it should go in. Most deviate, but if you set a theme and style for the RP, then a good RPer can take the RP in the direction you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back