The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old January 1st, 2006 (02:58 PM).
Domin-8
aka Unoringinally Funny

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Domin-8
well i posted the instructions i got... so maybe yo guys can help me allittle. I also posted some of the pictures of how i put it in to see if i was right. So i just want you guys to look at it.

Please click all on profiles please
Old January 1st, 2006 (03:15 PM).
Chazzy
RM2K3 User

BTW you double posted

But yeah them instructions are right so far its just how you put umm down, and "it's easier in RMXP" well i don't think so ! as rmxp can't handle as many events as rpg2k3 can ! but then again in rmxp you can script it all...

right so where exactly do u need help with these instructions?
Old January 1st, 2006 (05:21 PM).
Domin-8
aka Unoringinally Funny

hmm.. i thouht i did.My computer lagged so i geuss it was sent twoce.

I was just wondering if you look at the pictures.. which my comp lagged so they didn't get to load.. that i have an see if i put the stuff in right. If your read al the italics taht is me talking.

Ok here are the pictures that i was talking about. Can you see if i set it up right. Refer up a couple of posts to see what i am talking about. I am not sure if i shoudl have made a coommon event of this but hey here it goes.
Attached Images
File Type: png programming2.PNG‎ (41.8 KB, 36 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png programming3.PNG‎ (38.9 KB, 24 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old January 2nd, 2006 (02:04 AM).
Chazzy
RM2K3 User

Well i wouldn't set all those varibles in a common event anyway ...
because they will vary for each po0kemon, there set when there caught, and ummmmmmmmm, when you start the game and choose your pokrmon you'd set um for that one pokemon.

as for the setting up of the varibles... they looked right he didn't say anything about a conditional branch from what i read through...

as for continuing on, on the pokemon display event after you set the pkmn x pkmn y put a condition branch if pkmn Id is equal to 1, in that branch add the picture of the pokemions back view....

"After all branches/forks turn them off using a switch."

Well i don't see why you need this .....
Plusd your guna need variables for the enn pokemon 2 ....

thats all i can be bothered to help you with, for now....
Old January 2nd, 2006 (10:56 AM). Edited January 2nd, 2006 by Domin-8.
Domin-8
aka Unoringinally Funny

hmmm.... well he did say put it in a coditional branch. Do you mean that i will have to set up the the variables in an event like when i am choosing my pokemon? And do this for every time that i catch a pokemon? And this was only for the back sprite. After i do this he will get me with the enemy.

Old January 2nd, 2006 (11:00 AM). Edited January 2nd, 2006 by Chazzy.
Chazzy
RM2K3 User

yeah but not for all the attack and all that, that sets the hp and everything thats guna be used by the pokemon, seriouisly, i don't suggest you try to continue with a CBS, its a hefty task which will take knowledge of what your doing.....

Why don't you ask the guy thats helping you if your doing it right, as i set my CBS up differently, as there are so many ways of doing it .....

Well i wish you the besst of luck

EDIT: about the pokemon catching and the start yes all the attack varibles an that have to be done, they will be different obviously, and when you make a pokemon pc you need to store each pokemons attack, def , e.t.c....
Old January 13th, 2006 (08:20 PM).
Domin-8
aka Unoringinally Funny

doea anyone want to help make this game with me? I can't do it all by myself. I don't have the skills and the time.. i can create maps it is just programming is my prblem.

I have an idea.. but i want you guys to check it out first and see if i should do this instead of a CBS. But it would include a CMS i guess making it a CBS.

For right now i am going to just make maps.

Ok here is my idea. I am just gonna make it so that you have overworld pokemon..like icons or somethind. You choose the attacks. and can switch/retreat and such.

It was based off of how you see the two kids fighitng in Gold/Silver.. when you have to go talk to the one guy to get the egg. I think his name was Mr.Pokemon. But anyway .. do you think that would be a cool idea.

Old January 14th, 2006 (04:42 AM).
Domin-8
aka Unoringinally Funny

Avatar, are you talking about what i wrote or did domeone else write something? This is my game thread

Old January 14th, 2006 (06:28 AM). Edited January 14th, 2006 by Avatar.
Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreystranick
Avatar, are you talking about what i wrote or did domeone else write something? This is my game thread
Don't worry about it, wrong thread. Post has been deleted.

Also, don't count on many people offering to program for you. Maybe once you get more progress done on the game.
Old January 14th, 2006 (01:39 PM).
Domin-8
aka Unoringinally Funny

yeah i figures that much. For now i am trying to map out my region. Which is definatley coeing out to be bad. Mapping is hardder than i thought.

Old January 17th, 2006 (07:19 AM).
Domin-8
aka Unoringinally Funny

Can a mod close this i am not getting much help from people and i have scrapped this game. I will start a new thread on the new game i am making

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links