• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Pokémon Detective (Archived Story)

Breezy

Eee.
Years
The Pok?mon Detective

Robbery, murder, and kidnap are just the few mysteries that happened in the Pok?mon world. Luckily, we have one man to solve that.

I'm pretty sure there was a fic with the exact same title, but thanks to my lack of creativity, I couldn't think of anything better. I apologize for that.

Muddy: I apologize for your face!

Riiiight. You're not even in this fic. What ARE you doing here? Don't you have to rehearse lines for HLBMA or something?

Muddy: It's called procrastination.

Uh huh. Anyways, with my other mystery fic, "Who Shot Brendan Birch?" winding down to a close, Breezy has decided to open another mystery fic since she found a new interest in it. If you're a reader of WSBB, then you'll recognize the detective, Detective Anthony Peterson, or Detective Tony for short. Officer Jacob isn't here unfortunately except for a few cases in which murder is involved.

Basically though, this fic is a series of mini-mysteries, or one-shots I guess, that Detective Tony solves. Well, he does anyways; I'm not too sure of your detective skills. ;) You have to figure it out with the clues I give which is obvious since this is a mystery fic. The answers and the clues to solve it will be given with the next mystery.

Each mystery is also ranked with skill level from 1 to 5, 1 being the easiest and five, obviously, the hardest which doesn't really matter actually; I think I just wanted to sound cool. =P Anyways, we'll start you off easy with a mystery level of one. So read, review, and enjoy! ^_^

Hint: This chapter is based off things based off the game.

--------

"It all began one summer's day. It was hot of course, and very dry yet sticky at the same time. I decided it was a nice time to sun bathe, which I did, in order to work on my tan with my Slowpoke so he could become a rosier pink, and I had a Super Potion nearby just in case he fainted from the heat. Obviously though, my eyes were closed so I wasn't aware of anything happening around me. Despite that, with the sun blinding me through even through my eyelids, a gigantic flash of light - like the ones of cameras - flashed! And then it was gone!"

"All this over a measly Super Potion miss?"

"At first, this . . . this thing took small, inexpensive things like Super Potions, but it gradually grew into much more expensive things like Rare Candies and Nuggets. I've lost hundreds, maybe even thousands of dollars from that beast!"

"Surely you over exaggerate. How can one lose that much money from a man, his Zigzagoon, and his Ampharos?"

They call me Tony, Detective Tony, though some people like to call me the Pok?mon Detective instead. ...Okay, I lied, I like to call myself that, big deal! It's not like you've called yourself anything to make yourself sound special. Anyways, I've been solving Pok?mon related mysteries for more than eight years, and never have I left a case unsolved. It's a tough reputation to uphold of course, but I'm not ready to give up. This case would be no different from the others. For you see, this lady, Rose as she likes to call herself, is accusing the lighthouse keeper in Slateport, Ryan, of stealing her items like Nuggets or Rare Candies. It was up to me to see if she's telling the truth or not.

It was silent after my last statement except for the loud chatter of people down the block from the Slateport Outdoor Market. The windows of my office were thrown open in hopes of catching an invisible breeze to cool down the hot summer's day. Wingulls were fighting each other for scraps of food, the sun glaring evilly down from up above with its intense glower. Not a single cloud dotted the blue of the sky to cover burning bodies. Latios, was it hot.

Sleeves pushed back as if it would help me cool down, I tore my eyes away from the window's scenery and into the inpatient, green eyes of Rose, her long brown hair swept up into a high ponytail, her light-green summer dress swaying to the left from the wind. My eyes darted over toward the man beside her, his shaggy locks of dirty blond hair swaying in the light breeze, his shorts hanging loosely off his rump. He seemed to be much cooler than Rose and me in his white wife beater and possibly because he has spent more time outside in the hot weather than both of us. His dark blue eyes were filled with worry as he absentmindedly stroked a Zigzagoon that fell asleep in his lap. I couldn't help but notice the silver watch around Ryan's wrist since it's face blinded me when it gleamed in the sun.

"That's a nice watch Ryan," I commented, leaning back in my black leather chair to kick my feet up on the polished oak desk. Very unprofessional of me of course, but who was I to care?

Ryan, startled, shot up in his seat and looked at me, dazed. "Thanks," he said, grinning. "My father-"

"See!" Rose screeched, interrupting. "That menace of a Zigzagoon stole my Nuggets and he sold them so he could buy that watch! My husband has a watch EXACTLY like that, so I'd know it's expensive! Maybe that pesky racoon stole that watch instead!"

"Please Ms. Rose, let's not jump to conclusions," I said, massaging my temples from a pounding headache. "Innocent until proven guilty."

This was obviously the wrong thing to say, for Rose screeched like a Zubat using Supersonic. "I have the proof to prove him guilty!" She reached out and grabbed his right wrist, the watch sliding back a few inches. "See! It doesn't even fit him!"

"What watch does?" This Rose obviously got her way since, as I have heard, she was spoiled rotten like a five year old in a toy store. "Ms. Rose, if you and your husband are rich, why do you bother dealing with such things like nuggets, a very small fraction to your bank account total now? Sure, if he stole quite a lot of nuggets, you'd still be living quite the high life."

"If he continues stealing," she replied sharply, dropping Ryan's wrist in order to shake a finger at him instead, "then my husband and I will soon be broke. Besides, I have had other things stolen as well." At this, she pulled out a long list from her purse. "Take a look at this detective. This is all the things I've had stolen so far. Who knows what else he'll take."

I reached out and took the list out of her hand. Crystal glassware, jewelry, sunglasses . . . "A wardrobe filled with dresses made of satin?" I asked, surprised. "This Zigzagoon would have to have psychic powers to pull that off. As for the smaller things like rings and necklaces, are you sure that you haven't misplaced them? Perhaps they got lost in your other items if you have much of them correct?"

"How, if I may ask, can I misplace a wardrobe?"

"I wasn't asking that. Besides, how can a Zigzagoon lift a wardrobe filled with clothing? Even if he knows the move Strength, he'd still have some difficulty moving such a large thing with his small size."

"The lighthouse Pok?mon, Ampharos. Surely she, if she knows Strength, can move it! She also knows Flash which explains why I saw a flash the first time I had something stolen."

"An Ampharos, unlike a Zigzagoon, would be easily spotted due to its height and bright yellow fur. Either that or get security with better eyes. Besides, this flash was the first time you had something stolen, not the time when you had a wardrobe stolen."

Again, silence overtook the room as Rose pondered this. Ryan began to sweat a bit, perspiration running down his forehead and onto his neck. Either he was getting very hot or getting very nervous.

"You're awfully quiet Mr. Ryan," I said. "Anything you would like to add?"

He furiously shook his head, continuing to pet the racoon. "Nothing . . . nothing at all."

"Mr. Ryan, if Ms. Rose here does find a way to prove that your Zigzagoon is stealing her items, then you and your Pok?mon could find yourself in serious trouble whether you're actually innocent or not. I suggest you talk and give out as much information as you can to defend your side, otherwise it can be consequential. You could wind up in jail or worse; your Pok?mon could be put to sleep."

Ryan went wide-eyed for a minute. "B-but wh-what can I tell?"

"Your Zigzagoon's activities would be a nice place to start I suppose."

"Well . . . Ziggy here is a rather mischievous fellow, no doubt about that. Of course he likes to pick up anything lying around; that's his special ability, Pick Up. But he would never go inside someone's house and steal something! When could he anyways? I always have my eye on him-"

"During the day anyways!" Rose snapped. You're busy with the lighthouse at night aren't you?"

Ryan flushed. "Well, yeah. Ziggy is also a nocturnal Zigzagoon which explains why he's sleeping. He'll awaken every now and then to play, but most of the time he's sleeping. At night though, he does become a bit wild, and it's hard to keep him under control and watch for passing ships at the same time. You see, Ziggy doesn't like to be his is ball in case your wondering why I just don't return him, so I keep him out. Besides, I'd feel bad if he'd slept all day and then didn't have the time to stretch his legs if I'd returned him by force."

I laced my fingers together and stared Ryan down. "As we know, Ziggy likes to pick up things that are lying around. Does he bring any of these things back?"

"Yeah."

"Such as?"

"Mainly things you can find on the beach like seashells, glass shards, sometimes the occasional Soft Sand or King's Rock."

"Nothing like necklaces, sunglasses, or clothing?"

" 'Course not."

"What about Ampharos? Does she go anywhere? Does she know the move Strength?"

"Well . . . yes, but it's so that she can help me move things around that are too heavy by myself."

"I see. So tell me of your relationship with Ms. Rose if you please."

"Well, detective, Rose and I grew up together. She wanted to become a coordinator while I would fall into my father's footsteps and watch the lighthouse, and eventually, we both did as we planned. I use to come over to her private beach estate every once and awhile just to catch up on old times until her things began to disappear. She began to question and suspect me, knowing that I have a Zigzagoon, and well, here I am. I would like to add that if we were such good friend, then why would you dare suspect me of taking your items?" He glared at Rose, who only glowered back.

"Because you were jealous!" Rose snapped back. "I knew how much you wanted to become a Pok?mon Trainer and become rich and famous so you stole from me to fulfill those selfish wishes of yours!"

Ryan was getting red in the face, obviously furious. "I would never steal from you Rose! We have too long a history for me to do that to you! You've known Ziggy for awhile too, and you know that he would never do such a thing!"

"History doesn't change, but the future can!"

"Yeah, but-"

"That's enough you two; you're arguing like a bunch of squabbling six year olds over a cookie." Readjusting my tie, trying to cool down my neck since it was trapped in a collar, I glanced at Rose. "Ryan says you're a coordinator correct? In what do you specialize in?"

"Mainly in the smarts department," she replied, calm for once. "I have a Slowpoke, like I said, who has incredible psychic abilities if only he could concentrate and remember it. Because of this, I wish to evolve him."

"I see. And what is your husband?"

"A man dear."

"Wha-? No, I meant what does he do for a living?" Idiot.

"Oh! He works at the Devon Corporation."

"Must be terrible to work there right now with Silph Co. beating them in new devices."

"It's a pity really. My poor husband. His pay has been docked a bit. Since my husband is a famous exective of the Corporation, we've had paparazzi all over our estate along with the fact that I'm a famous Pok?mon Coordinator. I've had to stop buying things for my Slowpoke like custom made Pok?blocks and vitamins in order to save money."

"Considering the fact that you still have quite a load even if you two stop working, I doubt that you have to limit yourself, but hey, whatever melts your butter." I placed my feet back on the wooden floorboards and placed Rose's list of stolen items back on the desk, for it was getting wet in my sweaty palms. The sun was setting behind the ocean's horizon, causing the sea to sparkle as if littered with diamonds. People began to start their bonfires upon the sandy beach, the gray smoke of the fire hazily reaching toward the pinkish-orange of the heavens. The wind no longer felt hot against my cheek but more as a warm kiss as it brushed its way through the window. It was getting late, and I had to finish this case before the night or I wouldn't get paid. Rose was getting impatient after all, for I have been questioning the both of them for several days.

It turned my attention toward Ryan, peering into the face of his watch again. "Like you've said earlier, that watch belonged to your father? May I see it?"

He nodded, took the watch off, and handed it over for me to it inspect it. "If you look close into the face of the watch, you can see the outline of the lighthouse in gold. One of kind. Captain Stern gave it to my father for his birthday, and when he died, he gave it to me."

"Very nice." I handed the watch back to him and turned my attention back to Rose. "So, your Slowpoke specializes in the smarts department for contests?" I began to inquire again.

"That's right detective," replied Rose.

"And he has incredible psychic abilities?"

"Yes. He can lift large boulders with his mind even."

"Impressive. The only problem is the fact that he's forgetful?"

"That's correct. He even forgot where the bathroom is, that silly Pok?mon. He sometimes forgets who I am even!"

"Ah. But he is smart besides that?"

"Of course! When he sees me, he immediately snaps into attention. Smart little thing."

"Is that so?" How foolish of her. This case is too easy. "You're lying Rose, and I know how to prove it too."

--------

If you don't get this, I'll smack ya. =3 J/k. Seriously though, there are so many obvious clues.

Anyways, how does Detective Tony know that Ryan and his Pok?mon were innocent? Why would Rose lie in order to get Ryan in trouble?

Well, the first question is obvious, but you never know on the second one.

*cookies for reading*

LaTeR dAyZ!

Last edited:

Flatulus

God of Wind
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 17, 2005
... I don't get it...

Still it was a nice fic, but i'm not really entitled to say much more than that.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
Yeah, neither do I....... Or have i not been paying much attention lately....

Anyway, I hope you continue it Breezy! yayness!

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
Sequoia said:
XD i have no idea what Breezy's thinking this time...still, a nice read...was this a one-shot?

No, it's not a one shot..... they'll be more chapter here! So horray for Breezy!

And we're envading herein PC too! yayness!

Breezy

Eee.
Years
It's a mystery; it's good if you don't get it. X3 For me anyways. All you're doing is answering how Detective Tony know's Rose is lying and why she would want to for now. Major hintage:
"That's correct. He even forgot where the bathroom is, that silly Pok?mon. He sometimes forgets who I am even!"
"Of course! When he sees me, he immediately snaps into attention. Smart little thing."
If that doesn't answer question 1, I dunno what will. o.0 Well, there are other parts that prove that she is lying too.

As said in the fic, Rose wants to evolve her Slowpoke so it's not as, well, slow. Ryan's Zigzagoon has picked up King's Rocks on the beach before hasn't he?

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
Breezy said:
It's a mystery; it's good if you don't get it. X3 For me anyways. All you're doing is answering how Detective Tony know's Rose is lying and why she would want to for now. Major hintage:

If that doesn't answer question 1, I dunno what will. o.0 Well, there are other parts that prove that she is lying too.

As said in the fic, Rose wants to evolve her Slowpoke so it's not as, well, slow. Ryan's Zigzagoon has picked up King's Rocks on the beach before hasn't he?

Errr....... sitll not getting it Breezeh.... maybe when I'm back on my mind?

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
Years
Breezy said:
That's a good question. o_O The Pok?mon Detective though with it's uber easy mystery for a first chapter? XP

Thanks though. ^_^

yay! your fic is fan fic of the week? Congrats!

Anyways, there's gonna ba another chapter? Yayness!

H-Man #89995

Are you reading this? Don't!
Years
As I said on another site...

Rose wants the King's Rock so that she can evolve her Slowpoke, so she did that whole mess just to get it without asking, because, as noticed, she stopped being friendly to him.

And come on, she contradicted herself on that point. Also, look at all those lies!

cυтe тogepι

Sugar?!
Years
Oh Breezy, why didn't I review this before? *slaps self* Err, remember me? From SPPF? >.<

Now, I don't get it... >.< Did Roe actaully contradict herself? *shot* x_x

Back