The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking

Notices

Emulation & ROM Hacking The center for the community emulation scene. Come and discuss all things emulation and develop your own hacks!

Closed Thread

Old January 22nd, 2006, 11:06 AM
Jeremy
Sweetie

Nature: Quirky
Hey sweeties! Since, many of you have never heard of the search function on PC, nor read the other threads here, all of you may ask your questions concerning basic ROM hacking in this thread. Please do not start a new thread, just ask your simple questions here. This helps us reduce spam, and puts all your questions in one easy to find location. Okie? =3

Some sample simple questions:
(Anyone found answering these questions will have their post deleted)

How do use edit the text?
How do I edit the sprites?
How do I edit the title screen?
How do I make a script?

And some rules:
  • You cannot ask for ROMs. Just use google or some P2P program for all your illegal needs.
  • Do not ask the same questions over and over again. Instead, search the thread if it already has been answered and if not, just wait for someone to answer it! If you don't want to wait, just search the forum and try to find an answer yourself. Almost everything has been answered before.
  • Do not demand for answers to your questions! People to not have to answer your questions, they do it because they want to! Not only are those posts annoying, they also are completely pointless! If such a post is found, it will probably be deleted.
And a notice: If your post is being deleted from this thread, you have probably asked a question which has already been asked and answered before. In that case, just use the search function or read through the previous pages of the thread to find your answer!

Ask away and enjoy, sweeties! =3

Facebook Twitter

Last edited by Pazuzu; May 22nd, 2006 at 07:07 AM.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Shaneypoo17
Elite Hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shaneypoo17
Hi all... i rly need help in quite afew stuff...
1.how can i make the emerald title screen look like this?

2. how to change the starters on fire red?

3. where is the prof oak sprite in unlz? if its uncompressed can u giv me offset...

4.how to add new events with elite map....

5. what unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?

ty thats all any help will be greatly appreciated
Old January 22nd, 2006, 08:24 PM
Arken Daemon
Machoke!!!!

I am trying to make a hack of fire red and the wild pokemon editor I was using "Bewildered" couldn't open the rom it said Supported Rom, but Wild Pokemon base is unspecified. What do I do?

If nobody knows than does anybody know a Wild Pokemon Editor for fire red that actually works.
Boo! My real middle name is allen; FLCL*
Yay! My character's initials are ADD; FLCL*
Boo! My real initials are TAB; FLCL*
Yay! I'm single; FLCL*
Boo! I'm single; FLCL*
Yay! I have lots of cool nicknames; FLCL*
Boo! I have lots of embarassing nicknames; FLCL*
Yay! I sometimes write/type in British; FLCL*
Boo! I lose points in English when I do; FLCL*
Me Favourite Pokemon
1. Machoke
2. Venonat
3. Kadabra
4. Sneasel
5. Tyranitar
6. Metagross

Last edited by Pazuzu; January 24th, 2006 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Merged
Old January 23rd, 2006, 01:51 PM
mew183
Beginning Trainer

1.I wanna make it in a hack.............where a pokemon starter can follow you through the journey.

2.Can i get a script where the boy and girl receive a mew level 2 at pallet town.

3.where is the battle style trainer for fr/lg in unzl,boy and girl.

4.what is the whole list of over world pokemon sprites,and if theirs a flag what.

All for Leef Green..............
All noobs and unexpirenced members will some day take over and receive their demands,this site is to soon become ran over by a less know generation of people.The unknow,we aren't given a choice ,believe what you read and dont regret be cause all who ignored on this site will be over drawn by a new breed.~Riley- THE X MEMBER~

Go Here If you Wan't To See Something Cool>>>>>>> HERE

click erehay
Old January 23rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
amnesiahacker
Pokémon Saffron?

Send a message via AIM to amnesiahacker Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to amnesiahacker
  1. How can i make the emerald title screen look like this?

2. How to change the starters on fire red?
  3. Where is the prof oak sprite in unlz?
  4. How do I add new events with elite map?
  5. What unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?
  6. I wanna make it in a hack where a pokemon starter can follow you through the journey. How would one do this?
  7. Can I create a script where the boy and girl receive a mew level 2 at pallet town?
  8. Where is the battle style trainer for fr/lg in unlz, boy and girl.
  9. what is the whole list of over world pokemon sprites. And if there's a flag what is it.

------------------------------------
It would be better if people structure their questions like this, simply because they are nicer to look at and get to the point.

Code:
Oh cool, a code button!
Old January 23rd, 2006, 04:23 PM
Shaneypoo17
Elite Hacker

ive noticed.. that a whole lot of people are askin but no1 is answering... ok... mew183:
for q.1. onlyway i kno u can do it is if u do 1 starter and edit a persons sprite so there is a pokemon behind it... 2. use ssc by dark E here 3.umm for fire red u can use this and 4.get overworld editor by xeon... anywayz its here :D i hope i helped. oh and for arken daemon use advance map and go to the wild pokemon section... hope i helped again 0_o :D training for being a mod lol.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:38 PM
beauty. proletariat
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Rash
hey people... umm, how do u make the guy who stops u in petalburg, and takes u to the gym, take u to anudda place, i wanna make him go sumwhere else to show me the gym... but so far... BAD LUK
Old January 24th, 2006, 09:46 AM
manson_30
the nooyest noob of all!

Location: rochdale a place that will be killed sooner that u think
Send a message via ICQ to manson_30 Send a message via AIM to manson_30 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to manson_30 Send a message via Yahoo to manson_30
I need help bad stile
i am workin on my first hack made all teh over word sprites and i am workin on teh maps on EliteMap and then some freaky sh*t happens when i try and ply the game!!!!
i cant walk anywhere that i have edited what do i DOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks plz i meed help

ye i have downloaded EliteMap and it has a program called bewildered and it wont even open all that i get is "no GBA roms in currant directory at all " how do i sort this out??

freands list:i need have no freand only pople who will remain alive after my killing spree
1]me
2]drummershuff <yay my first freand
3]shanypoo

brothers with : derick

Last edited by Pazuzu; January 24th, 2006 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Merged
Old January 24th, 2006, 11:45 AM
smithy.boy
Hack and PKMN egg farmer

where you can change someone into a pokeball with an item, it asks whats the number of the item you want the pokeball to contain.
Could someone give me a list of the items next to there numbers?

>>>>EDIT:
as my posts been move here. ill answer some questions.

How to change the starters on fire red?
Use poketronic, it has a thing on ti called firestarter. You could also check the tutorials for a hex awlkthrough, or you can use advance starter.

Where is the prof oak sprite in unlz?
Cant help you there i believe hes a compressed image you have to use tlp to change i think.

What unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?
1367, 1368 is the ones on ruby. Im guessing there be near there.

I wanna make it in a hack where a pokemon starter can follow you through the journey. How would one do this?
Cant help you there but it would use really advance scripting, find a really good hacker and Pm them.

Can I create a script where the boy and girl receive a mew level 2 at pallet town?
yes but i cant help you wid that. maybe check the scripts sectio nin documents/tutorials.

Arken Daemon try useing advance map for changing wild pokemon, its alot easier.

manson_30 you cant walk anywhere. have you changed the move data on advance map yet. The 1s on the mpa mean solid and the Cs mean where you can walk.
No rom in directory means you gotta put your rom in the directory. E.g. put it in the elitemap folder.

Drake1012, you would have to change the script. Or maybe on elitemap or advancemap move where he is standing and experiment on where he turns out..say you've moved the gym 7 spaces left and 6 up do the same with the character.

I hope this hleped any of you, sorry if it didn't/

.....POKEMON NAVI NETWORK....
Preveiws on my site

Wii are not happy! Change the name nintendo

Also in construction...
Pokemon Golden Ruby...Set in Johto and Jamso, a new adventure, old friends, new friends, familiar storyline, new ideas, extra olaces, New and improved...more fun
Both games on hold for now

Last edited by smithy.boy; January 24th, 2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Pazuzu
Flushing Meadows

Nature: Bold
Answering time! XD
Everybody is allowed to answer questions here, just by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaneypoo17
Hi all... i rly need help in quite afew stuff...
1.how can i make the emerald title screen look like this?

2. how to change the starters on fire red?

3. where is the prof oak sprite in unlz? if its uncompressed can u giv me offset...

4.how to add new events with elite map....

5. what unlz number is the backsprites for emerald hero/ heroine?

ty thats all any help will be greatly appreciated
1. Edit the Tiledata of the Titlescreen. Export it with unLZ-GBA, edit it and import it back in.
Then change the pallete of the Titlescreen to match your needed colors.

2. Goto these Offsets with your Hex-Editor and change the Pokmon-bytes to the ones you like: (A list of values can be found here.)
Bulbasaur: 169BB5
Charmander: 169D82
Squirtle: 169DB8

3. It's uncompressed. You can find it at offset 0045EE00 with TLP or Tile-Molester.

4. Go to the objects tab, select the event type and CTRL+Click on "Repoint". Then enter the new amount of the event and an offset with free space.

5. They are uncompressed. The animations are starting at offset 00D66400. Edit them with TLP or Tile-Molester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arken Daemon
I am trying to make a hack of fire red and the wild pokemon editor I was using "Bewildered" couldn't open the rom it said Supported Rom, but Wild Pokemon base is unspecified. What do I do?

If nobody knows than does anybody know a Wild Pokemon Editor for fire red that actually works.
You have to add the Wild-Pokmon offset to your PokeRoms.ini in order to use bewildered.

Alternatively, you can edit the Wild Pokmon by using Advance-Map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1012
hey people... umm, how do u make the guy who stops u in petalburg, and takes u to the gym, take u to anudda place, i wanna make him go sumwhere else to show me the gym... but so far... BAD LUK
You have to edit his Script. ScriptED will help you with that. (It comes with EliteMap.)
See the "commands.htm" and "tutorial.htm" that are located in the EliteMap folder and the Script Database in the Tutorial forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson_30
I need help bad stile
i am workin on my first hack made all teh over word sprites and i am workin on teh maps on EliteMap and then some freaky sh*t happens when i try and ply the game!!!!
i cant walk anywhere that i have edited what do i DOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks plz i meed help

ye i have downloaded EliteMap and it has a program called bewildered and it wont even open all that i get is "no GBA roms in currant directory at all " how do i sort this out??
As I told you via PM already, you have to edit the movement permissions.
Click on an attribute from the "Attribute" box, then on the Tile of a Tileset you want to have that attribute on.
Now put it on your map.
It is easier to edit them with AdvanceMap though.

That means that you have to put your *.GBA roms in the same directory as the program in order to be able to open them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithy.boy
where you can change someone into a pokeball with an item, it asks whats the number of the item you want the pokeball to contain.
Could someone give me a list of the items next to there numbers?
You can find a list in your "stditems.rbh" that is located in your EliteMap folder.
You will see them listed like this:
Code:
#define ITEM_MASTERBALL        0x1
As you see it tells you the Name (Masterball) and the number in hex. (Remember to add a 00 at the end. 1 will become 0100, 2 will become 0200 and 2D will become 2D00.)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Pazuzu; January 24th, 2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:47 PM
timhay
Beginning Trainer

When I use PET and change pokemon and click save I see this error :

Run-time error '53':
File not found 'pics/pkmn-16E.bmp'
Old January 24th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Pazuzu
Flushing Meadows

Looks like your Pokmon pictures are missing.
Open RSBall and dump the Pokmon pictures.

If you don't need Pokmon pictures, just click on "Options"->"Show as text" to show the Pokmon names in a Dropdown list.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old January 24th, 2006, 07:06 PM
Arken Daemon
Machoke!!!!

I tried advance map and all I get are different errors like (I/O error 87);(File access denied); and the weird one ;(access violation at address 0047C6C4 in module "ADVANCEMAP.EXE" Read of address FA501217)
and wat the heal is pokewatever.ini help me!
Boo! My real middle name is allen; FLCL*
Yay! My character's initials are ADD; FLCL*
Boo! My real initials are TAB; FLCL*
Yay! I'm single; FLCL*
Boo! I'm single; FLCL*
Yay! I have lots of cool nicknames; FLCL*
Boo! I have lots of embarassing nicknames; FLCL*
Yay! I sometimes write/type in British; FLCL*
Boo! I lose points in English when I do; FLCL*
Me Favourite Pokemon
1. Machoke
2. Venonat
3. Kadabra
4. Sneasel
5. Tyranitar
6. Metagross
Old January 25th, 2006, 06:36 AM
jojotjuh
I'LL PULVERIZE YOU!!!

Hi, I have a question.
In the starting you get a pokdex, how can i make it a national dex?
because i am making a hack of pkmn FIRERED were you can catch missingno wich transforms into a gold pokemon (unown) but it stops cause i have not the national dex.
what must I edit (script or else) to get a national dex instead of a normal pokdex in the beginning?
thanks for anhy help
p.s. when you catch it (missingno) and buy something in the mart, you will turn into a old woman and then the game crashes
Old January 25th, 2006, 07:05 AM
Shaneypoo17
Elite Hacker

sorry scizz... i meant whats the offset for birch in emerald
and some more questions lol
1.how exactly do i change the tiledata of the emerald screen???
2.is it possible to add new pokemon to the game without removing old 1s?
3.in a hex editor, what is the offset for the zigzagoon that chases birch arounds battle? cuz i wanna change it to a rattata.
4.can i change the maximum level from 100 to 250? if its possible how can i do it

Last edited by Shaneypoo17; January 25th, 2006 at 07:26 AM.
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Greiv
Beginning Trainer

okok this is a noob qustion. how do i play roms? which program? i think its VBA and if so how do i put it on the VBA? thx
Old January 26th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Shaneypoo17
Elite Hacker

visual boy advance... open it up and press open... select the .gba rom and there u go!
Old January 27th, 2006, 02:20 AM
BrainWave
A new idea sprouts

Anyone knows:
where are the offests of the wild pokemon
how to edit music
the arrangement of the kanto dex?
(ALL are in Fire Red only.)

Last edited by BrainWave; January 27th, 2006 at 02:24 AM.
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:30 AM
w_rink_ly
Novice Hacker

When you use a set a flag in script editor, how do you know you aren't using the flag number of another event and are messing up that event's flags etc?

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication".
- Leonardo da Vinci
Old January 27th, 2006, 05:31 AM
manson_30
the nooyest noob of all!

Location: rochdale a place that will be killed sooner that u think
Send a message via ICQ to manson_30 Send a message via AIM to manson_30 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to manson_30 Send a message via Yahoo to manson_30
i ma trying to look for varidian forest in advanced map and i cant find it can any one tell me where it is under the menue of "only from heder" plz help me this is needed (it meen teh diffrence of beta beeing relised on time)

freands list:i need have no freand only pople who will remain alive after my killing spree
1]me
2]drummershuff <yay my first freand
3]shanypoo

brothers with : derick
Old January 27th, 2006, 07:53 AM
Joozinho
Beginning Trainer

Are there a program can create hacktools?

And are there a map editor besides advance map and Elite map?

Bye
Old January 27th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Pazuzu
Flushing Meadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikadon92
Anyone knows:
where are the offests of the wild pokemon
how to edit music
the arrangement of the kanto dex?
(ALL are in Fire Red only.)
Wild Pokmon: You should take a look in Advance-Map's INI files.
The offsets should be there.

Music: Hex-Editor. Or the new Sappy 2005 (or 6). See the official EliteMap website from the Hacking Tools Reference. (You can get it there.)

DEX arrangement: Hex-Editor. Search for the Pokmon-value bytes, as they appear in the DEX. Then just edit them to the arrangemeant you want them to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w_rink_ly
When you use a set a flag in script editor, how do you know you aren't using the flag number of another event and are messing up that event's flags etc?
You don't know. You will have to try and see what happens. Also you could have a look at the Map Event's Flag values and write them down, that way you could make a list for futher reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson_30
i ma trying to look for varidian forest in advanced map and i cant find it can any one tell me where it is under the menue of "only from heder" plz help me this is needed (it meen teh diffrence of beta beeing relised on time)
Bank 1, Map 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joozinho
Are there a program can create hacktools?

And are there a map editor besides advance map and Elite map?

Bye
You can create a hacking tool by using any programming language developing enviroment. (Like C++, Visual Basic, etc.)

At the moment, no.
Mewthree90000 is working on one, but it will take some time until it will be released.

Old January 27th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Shaneypoo17
Elite Hacker

hi all...
i made my script and everything but 1 thing i dont get is how to insert it into the game... people say scriptEd but i dont know how... can someone plz tell me wat program to use and how to do it?
Old January 27th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Pazuzu
Flushing Meadows

Open up ScriptED, enter your Script in the textbox, hit "Compile" and select your ROM. (Remeber that the ROM must have a simple Name (like Ruby.gba), no spaces or such.)

Old January 27th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Shaneypoo17
Elite Hacker

tyvm!
and i found the 2nd sprite of the hero in fire red unlz a few days ago... ill post the numba in a sec.
1.how exactly do i change the tiledata of the emerald screen???
2.is it possible to add new pokemon to the game without removing old 1s?
3.in a hex editor, what is the offset for the zigzagoon that chases birch arounds battle? cuz i wanna change it to a rattata.
4.can i change the maximum level from 100 to 250? if its possible how can i do it

Sponsored Links