• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
Years
No problem. The thing is, that I hate liars. I do not beleive the shiny mew story, the 386 shinies and claims of that type.

If you guys say you found 3 shinys in 2 or 3 days, hey! lucky you! But if its not true... well. I hope it isnt..

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
CrystalLatias said:
Good for you!
Hey, would it just be simpler to hunt by egg(breeding), or by wild?
It depends on the 'mon. If you want (for example) a Diglett; don't breed because they are rediculously common (same goes for the likes of Ghastly, Magikarp, Tentacool, etc.)
But! With an uncommon 'mon like Tauros or Absol, it would be far more logical to breed. I think that breeding for an Absol might be the better way to go. But I dunno! I've never succeeded at breeding for a shiny.

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
my friend said i could use his digital camera to take a non blurered image of my 3 dogs once there all on my gameboy. so ill keep everyone posted on that. anyway,no luck with sudowoodo. good luck to everyone.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Resetting for a Sudowoodo would probably be faster. There's one in Emerald (but you probably knew that!)
I hurt my shin playing soccer/football (depending on where you're living), so I'm stuck here icing it and shiny hunting.
Boo-ya.

Years
Yay, I've headed into the Bagon chamber of Meteor Falls in Sapphire to hunt for shiny Lunatone. I won't leave this room until I pull a shiny from it! (I'm using the Bagon chamber, despite Lunatone being a little more common in the main, non-entrance areas in order to reduce the likelyhood of finding a shiny Golbat. If I miss, I'd rather miss and get a shiny Bagon than Golbat. (and after that point, I could still hunt in the main areas for Lunatone))

Beyond that, I did another batch of trades and put a Roselia into Emerald to help with my Mono Grass team. No shinies in Emerald yet, but I haven't progressed nearly as far as I had when shiny Numel appeared.

Continuing to hunt for shiny Drowzee on Fire Red. Also other random Kantos (Power Plant, Cinnibar Mansion, and Viridian Forest are favourite hunting locations) as I train random pokes and hatch Sunkerns.

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
I didn't get to hunt today, not really. I helped clean the local Newspaper Office from 9AM to around 8:30PM. Newspaper ink rubs off onto everything!

Thanks for the kudos about the shiny dex, I still have to get a list of Aaryn's shinys because they're not all on there (AND his card frys my brain) and I few of the older members have yet to be added.

LDD's update: No news.

EDIT: And yes I did stay up till 6AM and ended up not getting any sleep before leaving to hepl. *sleepy*

Last edited:

Crytuf

Dark Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • usa
  • Seen Sep 23, 2006
GRATS TO ALL!

still no registeel.

i hope i can get it before post 30... that way i can have a team^^.

Years
Okay. I think people are misunderstanding the 30 post rule. The only differences between a member with less than 30 posts and one with 30 or more are: 1. Members with >=30 posts are ineligible for parole. If they're being naughty, they get kicked from the club. 2. Members with <30 posts who go inactive for a month lose their contributions to the Shiny Dex. (not that it makes any difference with SGM being away) The only members ineligible for SHC cards are parolees.

So, to all members who seem to think they aren't "true" SHC members because they don't have 30 posts here, you're just as much members as the rest of us!

Barboach

As we know it.
Years
Shiny Shuppet!!!!! I just caught a Shiny Shuppet!!!! omg im so happy!!!

What i was doing: Looking around for a shiny poke left of lilycove.

stats:
lvl:28
type:Ghost
Ability: Insomnia: Prevents sleep
Nature:Rash
Met at: Route 121
HP:63/63
attack 47
defense 31
SP.attack 51
SP defense 21
speed 32
exp points: 17561
next lvl: 1950
Caught with: Ultra Ball

Sorry for writing an essay im just really excited >.<

Years
o_0 Congrats! *does the new shiny dance* The Cadet Shuppet's well .. interesting. I suppose Rash is good. Banette's kinda like a Special version of Dusclops, right?

Barboach

As we know it.
Years
Dusclops has a bit more power then bannette but bannette is more in the defensive department :3 so can u add shuppet to my card?

Years
Yeah, sure.

In other news, I was watching random TV broadcasts in my Emerald (since I had mixed records with Sapphire), and one came across when they actually described the capture of Nanaimo, the shiny Numel! XD They just called it a "rare NUMEL". Hmm... Anyway, the capture of shinies is specifically covered by record-mixing records; they have their own category. ^.^

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Has anybody here attained a shiny by breeding in Ruby Version? I want to get some reassurance that it actually works... (I'm a tad paranoid).
Ryan's Update: I'm well into my 7th box of Tauros.

Years
That's only 180-210 Tauros. You should know well by now that it takes more than that. ;)

I've never done more than fill a single box full of Delibirds, so I can't say much about shiny breeding. I think Aaryn's done some. Just keep in mind how long Runa's been at it for.

Feraligatr master

Im British you know!
Years
on sapphire i hatched eggs but not on ruby,i just got 5 eggs in my team alog with my feraligatr and rode round on my bike until they hatched.
Anyway congrats on your shuppet Barboach Anyway no luck with me so far,still unsure of what to look for,so i might just walk round and surprise my self,if its a venonat my brother will kill me,he hates venonat anyway im off to firered to just walk around kanto. good luck everyone!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Yaya, I wasn't thinking that I ought to have one by now; I was just kinda concerned that it had never happened because LDD has never had success with it and I couldn't think of anybody who had succeeded at it off the top of my head (paranoia O.O). So, that's good to hear, F Master.
I didn't really think that it was impossible, I was just checking my n00bish worrying.

Years
Okay. I'd like to make a formal apology to those whom I was suspicious of for finding many shinies in short succession. This is because...

...I've just caught a shiny PIDGEOTTO!!
017.png

I was doing my regular run through the Berry Forest when she popped along. I Master Balled the b1tch right off the bat, since she knew Whirlwind. The bloody irony of this encounter is that I had a Lairon which knew Roar as the first poke in my party when I encountered her. o_0 I probably could've saved myself a Master Ball had I had Cradily on hand, but I wasn't actually looking when I found her.

Preliminary info:
Quirky female, met in Berry Forest at L37
-Keen Eye
OT: GREG/07322
HP: 95
Atk: 51
Def: 49
SpAtk: 46
SpDef: 44
Speed: 61

Back