The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 20th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Jack O'Neill
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quiet
To whom it may concern:

Though I have noticed this for quite some time already, only now has it come to my attention that there has been a severe dearth in the amount of new roleplays created in the Other Roleplay forum. Only two pages' worth of threads as of right now, and quite a few of those threads have a disturbingly low amount of posts.

In all seriousness, what the hell happened? Have we already run out of ideas? Are you already starting to become dissatisfied with RPing? If so, then is there anything we do to reverse this trend? Are we truly out of ideas? What can be done to attract your interest once more?

With those questions, I shall leave you to your discussion of this rather pressing issue. Thank you for your time, should you read this message.

Signed,

A concerned roleplayer
Old April 20th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Beatrice
OH DESIRE

Nature: Adamant
I've noticed this too. *coughevangelionrpgetonmsncough*

One thing I think is happening is maybe the plots are too grand for some of the lower RPers or for those who can't exactly follow the plot. Maybe just the idea is being overused DNA changing and becoming cliche. I myself know that I get easily bored with slowly moving plots and in time forget about them. I also forget plots that never become started. I'm sure others can relate; after you spend time waiting and waiting for the RP to start...and it never does or goes slowly. Sometimes you just lose the creative flow of things.

I also find very restrictive roleplays not good for the Rpers wanting to RP. 'Follow the leader' RP's so you can continue the plot are very annoying. I suggest maybe some more open Rps that could have more plot freedom to it, that would be nice. I also think that maybe some good RP creators just don't want to post their RP because they think it's not good enough. Just because a past RP was amiss doesn't mean you're not good at making them. Well that's all. I'd like to RP more too :\

Unknown
Unafraid
Unloved
Unforgotten//x
الذهبية الساحرة
Old April 20th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Loki
its easy being with you
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Loki
Well, I did post an RP, not in the other section, but it didn't pass the moderation test. I'm only so non-lazy to type a plot once. =_= That's why you don't see many of my brand. I mean, if anyone wants to -try- to revive any of my old RP's, feel free, but not many of them get past the filter. But I agree, that I forget about slow moving RP's, or RP's with people that incessantly bother my character, or me in general.

And, as for your first question after your good cuss, Yeah. I never had any idea's in the first place, but sometimes had fun making my own idea. I'm not good at typing out plots, whether I've got an idea or not. It usually ends up in a whole bunch of nonsense. =_=

About 23 Actual RP's on the pages. Don't forget the stickies and the moved thread.

What happened to that huge plot we were discussing in the 'ultimate RP' thread? O.O The whole thing in general died?
Old April 20th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Chibi-chan
The Freshmaker!
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
I'm also curious...how many RP's have not been accepted? Do the Rp's that didn't get a reason why not? If it is modified, can it still be eligible to be accepted? o.o

/ / ////
Old April 20th, 2006, 05:39 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

There's always a drought this time of year, and you just need to deal with it. It has a lot to do with all of the things taking place off of PC during this time of year I think. Increased schoolwork, the fact that you can go outside and do stuff, reasons like that. It'll generally pick up again in a month or so.

Chibi, at least 90% of the RPs in this forum are accepted, it's pretty rare when one isn't. Oo

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old April 20th, 2006, 05:46 PM
Jack O'Neill
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosaki
There's always a drought this time of year, and you just need to deal with it. It has a lot to do with all of the things taking place off of PC during this time of year I think. Increased schoolwork, the fact that you can go outside and do stuff, reasons like that. It'll generally pick up again in a month or so.
So it's basically poor timing on our part, then? O.o

I'm a recluse burdened with more schoolwork than one can ever hope to imagine, and yet I still find the time to discuss this. That ought to say something right there.
Old April 20th, 2006, 05:48 PM
parallelzero
chelia.blendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack O'Neill
So it's basically poor timing on our part, then? O.o

I'm a recluse burdened with more schoolwork than one can ever hope to imagine, and yet I still find the time to discuss this. That ought to say something right there.
It's spring, everyone is out doing something. I'm sure it's not the only reason, but it's one to keep in mind. XD
Like I said, don't worry about it, this happens a few times a year, it'll get active again soon enough~ So yeah, basically bad timing. XD

SKY GOD SLAYER: CHELIA BLENDY
twitter + raptr + myanimelist + tumblr
Old April 21st, 2006, 03:45 PM
~Ozy~
PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Ozy~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Ozy~
Yeah, in my almost two years here, it seems to be the way things go. Actually, in my recollection we tend to get some very good ones towards the end of summer. Right now, it's just nice whether and schoolwork, I mean, I'm on less because the spring/summer jam season is starting up, I need to get back in shape and practice some stuff, so naturally, my RP time suffers.

"Your Grace, all that you say is true. On the Trident, Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought honorably, Rhaegar fought nobly, and Rhaegar died.
Old April 21st, 2006, 03:56 PM
Lily
◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Lily
Forums aren't expected to have active RPGs 24/7, are they? I'm sure activity will resume its original pace after this particular season is over, what with schoolwork and such. o_o;

( ‿‿ ) PM me for a contract.
Old April 21st, 2006, 04:13 PM
Kalylia
Pokemon Breeder

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kalylia
Yup, it's finals time, and people are doing that instead of RPing. As much as my life usually revolves around RPs, I have to admit that my grades can't afford to suffer. The drought will become all nice and wet again once school's out.

Who's that returning from the depths of forum ghosts past? Oh! It's me!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links