The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 30th, 2006, 12:47 AM
Signomi

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilph
Quick Question people, (I assume I'm suopposed to post it here). When people are making sprite comics, and you have an overworld shot, with the characters talking, how are you making the backgrounds, e.g with the houses etc?

Is it ROM hacking? Rpg Maker? or just doing it in paint?

Thanks.
Some people just use Paint to work on the backgrounds, others find it easier using ROM Hacking tools to make them. (When I was working on my sprite comic I used EliteMap, found it more convenient than doing it on Paint.)

So it differs, really.

★ ☆ Paired with Ryoutarou » @deviantart :: @facebook :: @twitter ::::
Old April 30th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Wilph
Deadly Sinner

I see. Thank you. And I heard that The Spriter's resource is the best place for backgrounds, (when it's up). Is there anywhere else with Emerald overworld sprites?
I checked in the Game makers resources forum, and found some good sprites for Fire Red/Leaf Green, but the Emerlad ones were rather stretched and blurry.
Either that, or if someone has a big image of them on their computer, if they could host it for me?
Old April 30th, 2006, 12:58 AM
Signomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilph
I see. Thank you. And I heard that The Spriter's resource is the best place for backgrounds, (when it's up). Is there anywhere else with Emerald overworld sprites?
I checked in the Game makers resources forum, and found some good sprites for Fire Red/Leaf Green, but the Emerlad ones were rather stretched and blurry.
Either that, or if someone has a big image of them on their computer, if they could host it for me?
Try looking about Google, I did so and found a thread on another forum (one of SPF's archives infact) that had many links to overworld sprites.

I can't give you the link for obvious reasons, but aim for that thread when searching on Google.

Old April 30th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Esupio
Pokémon Master

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Esupio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signomi
Try looking about Google, I did so and found a thread on another forum (one of SPF's archives infact) that had many links to overworld sprites.

I can't give you the link for obvious reasons, but aim for that thread when searching on Google.
yeah.

TSR is being totally re-made because Psy-Guy's server decided it didn't like life and killed itself and all of the sub domains down.
Old April 30th, 2006, 08:10 AM
Raze-finiarel
Moon Gazer

Send a message via Yahoo to Raze-finiarel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esupio sono Kamereon
Its near the Num Pad next to scroll lock then copy it into paint
Yeah, I already figured it out, but thanks very much anyways

"You can't fight with every fool in the world; you let them have their way and then trick them when their not paying attention."
"I'll fight when called upon, argue when needed, revel on occasion, but I will not be used against my will."
Old April 30th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Shijuukara
i love my iPhone's

Send a message via AIM to Shijuukara Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shijuukara
This is the plot to the new comic fo Stargate: Johto, what do you think

13 years ago, while excavating in the ruins of alph, a scientist made a strange discovery, when his Machoke accidently broke open a passage into a new chamber when it dropped a boulder. Inside the chamber, the scientists discovered a large ring, roughly 20 feet in diameter, standing agaisnt the wall, the inner ring covered in symbols which were clearly unowns, but not resembling any they had seen before. News of the discovery spread like wildfire. However, as no one could determine what the device was or how it worked, it eventually faded form the public eye, the chamber resealed long before it opened as a tourist attraction.

5 years ago

During a trainer battle, an explosion rips open another small chamber filled with writings, including several papyruses with the mysterious unowns from before. Most scientists were intrigued, as the scientists who originally discovered the device had long since retired.
Except for one.
A scientist from the original team was still employed, and he remembered the gate. After translatign the heiroglyphs, he now knew how the gate worked, in theory. With the help of the other scientsts, he reopened the passageway, and assembled a group of trainers, the best in the area, to come on a journey through the gate.

On the day of the mission, the scientists and the trainers meet in the chamber wit the gate. As the powersource no longer functioned, an electric Pokémon shocked the terminals of the fuel cell and the keys on the dialing mechanism glowed. The scientist pressed 7 keys in sequence, the first set found on one of the papyruses. the 7 chevrons around the ring glowed as the inner ring rotated,l locking on with each unown. after the seventh, there was a pause. The electric pokemon looked tired but shocked it harder. The entire chamber shook, and the room was filled with blue light as a bright rippling blue aura filled the gate, immediately followed by a sudden outward burst of the aura, which immediately popped back to the center. everyone was awed. The team stepped through the gate and were transported to another world. The only problem being, as they realized too late, they have no idea which of the addresses on the papyrus is the one that will take them home. After exploring the planet, encountering alien pokemon species and ancients from the alph ruins civilization, they fire up the gate and try an address, however it is not the right one. they are now on a journey across the galaxy, hopping from planet to planet, studying each world as they go, hoping that each address will be the one that takes them home.

PRESENT DAY

After five years of planet hopping, and the death of close friends, the Stargate Team has finally settled in Tara Village of the Saske region. They seem to have figured out how to control the stargate and seem to have solved many mysteries of the Pokemon. Recently there have been strange energy readings that is causing disturbances. Can Team Stargate solve the evil disturbance?
Old April 30th, 2006, 06:32 PM
xMeteorxStriker
Chicken...Gave Me a Bad Coupon

Send a message via AIM to xMeteorxStriker
Ok people my comic (The Warlock) Totally failed ... Do you people know why?

ITS BECAUSE...I didnt think it through, so heres my advice to all you comickateers: Think about your storyline GOOD don't just look at someone elses comic and be all "That's cool I'm gonna make one!" and then just continue on and make a peice of lame trash! Get your sprites ready and edit them to your desire! Ask around people will help you with sprites if you really need them! Think about your story and make it original not stupid original... but creative original. If you think it could be better make it better! If you don't like it most other people will not like it either! And lastly have fun with it, if you saw someone else's and thought it would be fun and you're making one and just not enjoying yourself just stop now b/c you are not going to do anything but waste peoples time!

So Good Luck My Fellow Comickateers!

-----------------------------------My Trainer/Meteor Card-----------------------------------
Old April 30th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

Comickateers? >>

While this is good advice, you're supposed to use this forum to post comics. So...
*LOCKED*

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of arago
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old May 1st, 2006, 02:57 PM
Signomi

Actually, Morkula, I'll merge this thread with the SC Lounge. Considering discussions are only supposed to happen there and this kind of matter shouldn't be left to rot.

~Moved.

Old May 1st, 2006, 06:25 PM
Klippy
Put it on the line and I feel fine
Community Supporter

Uhhh..just a little inside-ish joke between Kakashi and Me.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...r/fingcats.png

EDIT -- Image reduced to URL due to language used in this comic. Take caution if you are to read it. ~Signomi

jak is the coolest

Last edited by Signomi; May 3rd, 2006 at 11:03 PM.
Old May 1st, 2006, 06:44 PM
Kurosaki Ichigo
Flannery's #1 Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Yahoo to Kurosaki Ichigo
^_~, yep, its based off this funny video on killsometime.com, where this guy is so annoyed, he takes his anger out on his cats, its pretty funny you should watch it, the video is called Crazy Cat Man.

**Flannery is my Goddess, I'm her #1 Obsessor**
Bishies: Matsumoto Rangiku, Shiba Kuukaku, Soi Fong, Hikari(Pearl), Raven
Pairings: Ichigo x Shihouin Yoruichi, Genis X Presea, Aang X Katara, Toph X Sokka, Kratos X Raine
My Trainer Card
Old May 1st, 2006, 09:17 PM
Kurosaki Ichigo
Flannery's #1 Obsessor

Send a message via AIM to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kurosaki Ichigo Send a message via Yahoo to Kurosaki Ichigo
Ok, before you read this stupidityly made comic, that me and Hossier are doing, i say do not take anything offensively it is purely for a laugh, thank you.

Pairings: Ichigo x Shihouin Yoruichi, Genis X Presea, Aang X Katara, Toph X Sokka, Kratos X Raine
My Trainer Card
Old May 1st, 2006, 10:49 PM
The Dash
Hurr.

Location: Lurking in the shadows of the Games Development fourms.
Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to The Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Dash
Hahaha! Great enactment of TPH right there XD

Old May 2nd, 2006, 04:43 AM
Kurosaki Ichigo
Flannery's #1 Obsessor

, We are the excitement twins XD....

My Trainer Card
Old May 2nd, 2006, 02:58 PM
Klippy
Community Supporter

Hahaha, great job, Kakashi. I didn't know what it looked like, and you made me perfect.
Here's mine, and it is directed at someone, look at the CAPITALS at the end. If you don't know who it is, "Y0z = n0b0bZ lOzl!!11" <<I'm kidding.

EDIT -- Link Removed due to comic aiming at a specific PC Member. ~Signomi

jak is the coolest

Last edited by Signomi; May 3rd, 2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:48 PM
The Dash
Hurr.

Location: Lurking in the shadows of the Games Development fourms.
Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to The Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Dash
Lol I know who your on about in that comic. God these two make me want to make my own comic of you TPH XD

Old May 2nd, 2006, 03:56 PM
Klippy
Community Supporter

XD. I'm already making another one. Someone pissed me off so I made it about them.
I wouldn't mind having a few Hossier comics people made for me. lol

Oh, BTW, this n00b thing me and Kakashi are doing is NOT the other comic I'll be coming out with when I get it finished and set up.

jak is the coolest
Old May 2nd, 2006, 04:43 PM
Kurosaki Ichigo
Flannery's #1 Obsessor

Yea...this is purely for laughs, jokes, and well yea...XD, i've stopped with my KH2 thing XD, anywho...i'll be making a few more later, before i head off for my College Trip and won't be back till friday ^_~

My Trainer Card
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:35 AM
Avegaille
Misaka Mikoto > you.

Send a message via AIM to Avegaille Send a message via Yahoo to Avegaille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Hatake
Ok, before you read this stupidityly made comic, that me and Hossier are doing, i say do not take anything offensively it is purely for a laugh, thank you.
Cool, I liked that one. I was wondering though, what font did you use for it? I didn't quote the comic itself, since it takes up space... =P

Spriting done by me. Don't be stealing. ;x
Click on the link to go to Mikoto's fanlisting.
GPXPlus Profile | Other Links
Old May 3rd, 2006, 06:18 PM
AssassinX
The Royal Assassin

Send a message via AIM to AssassinX Send a message via Yahoo to AssassinX
This is a dipiction of how n00bish I can be at times. This is my first sprite comic.
comzinc.PNG
Old May 3rd, 2006, 09:43 PM
Matt Silver
Who Do You Think?

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinX
This is a dipiction of how n00bish I can be at times. This is my first sprite comic.
Attachment 32422
Hey the comic has humour but the 2nd Panel isnt aligned right with the first and you used running sprites instead of standing sprites in the 1st panel.
All right though, i like your new comics too TPH, shame that it was closed.
Old May 3rd, 2006, 11:08 PM
Signomi

Perhaps he ought to take into consideration why exactly his thread was closed and should be aware that focussing on a specific PC member for a comic that would promote itself negatively; counts as "uncalled for" harassment AND is a warnable offense.

Therefore, TPH, you know the drill. Don't make comics focused on a member. Reasons explained in your thread.

Old May 4th, 2006, 04:54 PM
AssassinX
The Royal Assassin

Yes, but the comic did not mention the members name so thefore how is that considered flaming? Also it was'nt like he was like for example
" AssassinX is the noobiest of all nobbs" he used different names and such to just show how people can really be.
Old May 4th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Houndoom1
Kimimaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssassinX
Yes, but the comic did not mention the members name so thefore how is that considered flaming? Also it was'nt like he was like for example
" AssassinX is the noobiest of all nobbs" he used different names and such to just show how people can really be.
Yes but it would attract people to go to the thread and fins out for them self who the preson was and then they would hate that person.

Banner Made By Me

Old May 4th, 2006, 05:05 PM
AssassinX
The Royal Assassin

Of course people will know who it is, the point is its not considered flamming unless it is directed a person.
Like if he wrote.
AssassinX: I rule over all you at spriting
TPH: Get the f*** out of here you noob

that is flaming but this :

N00bSpriter: I am a god at spriting
TPH: Get the f*** out of here you noob.

is not flaming, and I think the thread should have stayed open so people would be less n00bish, like me, i read the comic and I relized how much of a flipping n00b I am, lol

Sponsored Links